Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dance Thread

+3
CarolinaHound
PaulM
Put It Out There Baby
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Dance Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dance Thread

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:58 pm

wow...

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:58 pm

Exactly! Look at the video on page two of John Lindo doing a wonderful West Coast Swing! Age and size is not important. Anyone, with practice and desire can learn to dance and dance well.

Put It Out There Baby

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:09 pm

Put It Out There Baby wrote:Exactly! Look at the video on page two of John Lindo doing a wonderful West Coast Swing! Age and size is not important. Anyone, with practice and desire can learn to dance and dance well.

I'm not much of a dancer, but then I never took the intrest to learn. I'd rather listen to the music, work on playing it, and watch what the dancers do with it. It's wild how the same music can inspire so many different moves.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:33 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Put It Out There Baby wrote:Exactly! Look at the video on page two of John Lindo doing a wonderful West Coast Swing! Age and size is not important. Anyone, with practice and desire can learn to dance and dance well.

I'm not much of a dancer, but then I never took the intrest to learn. I'd rather listen to the music, work on playing it, and watch what the dancers do with it. It's wild how the same music can inspire so many different moves.
Enjoying the dancing and enjoying the music (and in your case even playing the music) is just as vaulable in lifting the spirit and it all makes one happy. What is cool, is once a person/couple learn basic dances/steps and moves, they can dance to any type of music being played really. And you learn much from watching others dance, that you can then modify and add to your own steps and routines. I am betting, that if the right woman came along CH, and she loved to dance, she'd have you out on the floor in no time. Since you are a muscian already, you have a big leg up on most dancers who just start out. I love the smiles that dancing brings to those who watch, even if they don't dance. Most people love to watch it and it does bring so much joy to everyone. It can take you away from your ordinary life and your everyday worries. I am sure you find the same feelings/experience when you play your guitar.

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:02 pm

But not when ya got 4 left feet like me and the missus. watch, love it---listen, love it---dance hahahahahahahahahahahahha Laughing

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Put It Out There Baby wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

Enjoying the dancing and enjoying the music (and in your case even playing the music) is just as vaulable in lifting the spirit and it all makes one happy. What is cool, is once a person/couple learn basic dances/steps and moves, they can dance to any type of music being played really. And you learn much from watching others dance, that you can then modify and add to your own steps and routines. I am betting, that if the right woman came along CH, and she loved to dance, she'd have you out on the floor in no time. Since you are a muscian already, you have a big leg up on most dancers who just start out. I love the smiles that dancing brings to those who watch, even if they don't dance. Most people love to watch it and it does bring so much joy to everyone. It can take you away from your ordinary life and your everyday worries. I am sure you find the same feelings/experience when you play your guitar.

Oh if a woman asks me or wants to I'll get on out there. But they never ask a second time. They seem to take issue with me picking them up and strumming their belly while fretting their legs. They really got problems with me turning on the distortion. Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Old Timer wrote:But not when ya got 4 left feet like me and the missus. watch, love it---listen, love it---dance hahahahahahahahahahahahha Laughing
Hey OT..... I posted some more info and videos for you on page two about Pierre. I bet I could have you two dancing in no time. You and your wife come out here and Sue and I will get you cutting a rug. Remember the guys in the dance class in the film Shall We Dance? You can't be worse than that!!! lol

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Old Timer wrote:But not when ya got 4 left feet like me and the missus. watch, love it---listen, love it---dance hahahahahahahahahahahahha Laughing
Hey OT..... I posted some more info and videos for you on page two about Pierre. I bet I could have you two dancing in no time. You and your wife come out here and Sue and I will get you cutting a rug. lol

Hey guy, Linda just said that to make sure your hospitalization insurance is paid up first and that the only way we can cut a rug is with a pair of shears. I love you

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:06 pm

Old Timer wrote:
Hey OT..... I posted some more info and videos for you on page two about Pierre. I bet I could have you two dancing in no time. You and your wife come out here and Sue and I will get you cutting a rug. lol

Hey guy, Linda just said that to make sure your hospitalization insurance is paid up first and that the only way we can cut a rug is with a pair of shears. I love you
See it will work out great! All the floors here are hardwood and tile and we have a huge patio!!! Lot's of good insurance and the Fire station is just down the street! lmao Get them dancing shoes ready! If Emmit Smith, Jerry Rice and Larry Taylor can learn to dance and be graceful, there is hope for everyone!

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:12 pm

do clodhoppers count as dancing shoes. We both got bIGGGG feets.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:17 pm

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Oh I almost forgot, you can sing while you dance...

"The roof...the roof... the roof is on fire! We don't need no water let the mambo burn..."

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:25 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:But my back hurts, I have a flat tire and no spare, the house is on fire,. out of town friends just came for a long visit, Linda just broke both of her legs (twice), the wolf is at the door lol!

No excuses OT...

I'm working on it. Oh I forgot, what are we talking about again????? Laughing

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Qi123 Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:36 am

Qi123 wrote:I used to take latin dance classes but i dropped out
Why did you drop out??? One great way to be motivated is to seek out some good clubs in your area which have Latin dancing. Salsa clubs, tango clubs, etc. It's a lot of practice in the beginning but if you can find a partner from the class or a friend who is interested, it's easier and more fun. Even if you go it alone, you can learn enough of the basics early on, to hit the clubs and dance. Besides, you will learn a lot by watching other good dancers and trying some of their moves. There are usally people of all skill abilities at the clubs, so you don't have to feel intimidated either; it is generally a very freindly, social setting. Women love to be be asked for a dance and at a dance club.....that is why they are there. Many clubs these days, have a night where they teach as well. That can be a great option for you too. Everyone who comes may just be starting out or only have some experience and it's easier to pair up and get some instruction and have fun. I hope you give it a try again at some point.

I lost motivation i guess

Qi123

Male
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 281
Humor : Hahaha
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:13 pm

doin da bump.... ohhh sexy sexy!!!! What a Face

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:15 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

doin da bump.... ohhh sexy sexy!!!! What a Face

Oh now I wouldn't say that. But I like the style and imagination it took to make this video.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:25 pm