Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 80's thread

+9
PaulM
luciano
Susan aka CV
Put It Out There Baby
par84forme
Old Timer
HotParadox
Big Slick
CarolinaHound
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The 80's thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The 80's thread

Post by par84forme Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:25 am

PaulM wrote:
Since you mentioned Grand Funk... Here's some of their early (really good) stuff!!! It ain't 80's Cool

http://www.deezer.com/track/91419

http://www.deezer.com/track/91521

http://www.deezer.com/track/91443

http://www.deezer.com/track/91430

There was an album released in 72 called Mark, Don & Mel 1969-71. It was the best album they ever released yet it still has not been
released on CD....why is that?

Mark, Don & Mel 1969-71
Original Release Date: April 1972
Label: Capitol
CD Released? No
Details

Last edited by par84forme on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:33 am

Big Slick wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
Ya know, I really do like all of you turkeys here a lot. But yer all still a bunch of idiots for doing that junk. When and where I grew up it just wasn't done, besides no one could afford it anyway
I love you Laughing

Different strokes, different folks. OT, I don't want to pull this thread off topic and I know your position on MJ and I respect you opinion, but I don't think it's fair to judge others as idiots for doing something like smoking weed. It's not any more harmful to your body than alcohol and I think the only reason you take this stand against it is because it's "illegal". Let me just say that weed has been in use for over 9000 years and has only been criminalized in the past 70 years. And not for scientific reasons either. It was criminalized because "Marihuana influences Negros to look at white people in the eye, step on white men's shadows and look at a white woman twice" and "There are 100,000 total mrijuana smokers in the US and most are Negros, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negros, entertainers, and any others." These are the words of Harry Anslinger, the man responsible for outlawing marijuana in this country. Since then American have been bombarded with the anti-marijuana brainwashing propaganda that dissiminates misinformation to misinform the public about the real effects of marijuana and inflate the actual dangers associated with it.

Oh no my friend, not judging at all. We each have to walk our own pathway in life. I am quite sure that I have probably done some things in my life time that you and others here would not have approved of. I have had, and still do have several extremely valuable friends that I would never part with that have and do smoke pot. But out of respect for both Linda and myself they will not do it around us or even come over here if they have been smoking it. And yes I will tell them the same thing that I think they are idiots for smoking it. But that does not men that I have to turn my back on them. They are good people and solid citizens that I both know and love, but idiots none the less. But then again aren't we all in one respect or another? Laughing

And
CV--the answer is NO--NO--NO I never have and never will. And NO I will never change how I feelk about the use of narcoticss. I love you

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:41 am

HotParadox wrote:this thread is hysterical! susan and doggieboy you crack me up... peeing on newspapers and i don't what the hell you were talking about doggieboy but it was too funny! and then luciano with the random picture of the paperboy lmao. Very Happy funny thread!

Not random, from the movie Better off Dead, great flick from the 80s.
par84forme
par84forme

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:44 am

[quote="Old Timer]

Oh no my friend, not judging at all. We each have to walk our own pathway in life. I am quite sure that I have probably done some things in my life time that you and others here would not have approved of. I have had, and still do have several extremely valuable friends that I would never part with that have and do smoke pot. But out of respect for both Linda and myself they will not do it around us or even come over here if they have been smoking it. And yes I will tell them the same thing that I think they are idiots for smoking it. But that does not men that I have to turn my back on them. They are good people and solid citizens that I both know and love, but idiots none the less. But then again aren't we all in one respect or another? Laughing

And
CV--the answer is NO--NO--NO I never have and never will. And NO I will never change how I feelk about the use of narcoticss. I love you[/quote]

So tell me, am I correct then in you basing your opinion on the "illegal" status of it? If so would it change your opinion if it were legalized. And why do you not share the same opinion of alcohol? Alcohol is a narcotic, no?

nar⋅cot⋅ic  noun 1. any of a class of substances that blunt the senses, as opium, morphine, belladonna, and alcohol, that in large quantities produce euphoria, stupor, or coma, that when used constantly can cause habituation or addiction, and that are used in medicine to relieve pain, cause sedation, and induce sleep.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:56 am

Big Slick wrote:[quote="Old Timer]

And
CV--the answer is NO--NO--NO I never have and never will. And NO I will never change how I feelk about the use of narcoticss. I love you

So tell me, am I correct then in you basing your opinion on the "illegal" status of it? If so would it change your opinion if it were legalized. And why do you not share the same opinion of alcohol? Alcohol is a narcotic, no?

nar⋅cot⋅ic  noun 1. any of a class of substances that blunt the senses, as opium, morphine, belladonna, and alcohol, that in large quantities produce euphoria, stupor, or coma, that when used constantly can cause habituation or addiction, and that are used in medicine to relieve pain, cause sedation, and induce sleep.[/quote]

I have seen what the long term use of any narcotic including alcohol can and will do to a person. And no it would not ever change my opinion of it if it were to become legal which it probably will someday. The only reason that our government will legalize it will be for one purpose only MONEY.

So I use the example of: If everybody else jumped off of the bridge would I. I say NO. Why should I?

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Susan aka CV wrote:
HotParadox wrote:it went well. coming from their mother, that could sound biased. so let me put it to you this way.. the crowd went wild. cheers
that's GREAT! tell 'em i said WTG!

times like that with your kids are the BEST, aren't they?!! bounce

CV
oh ya, i was happy last night. hearing people, who didn't now i was their mother, talking good about them, it was reassuring to learn that others are of the same mind as me. anyways, some people were their from a big club in cambridge looking for talent, and they want them to play their club. if that goes down, it's all good. any national band coming out of the boston music scene got their start at this club. it's been an institution since the early '80's. Cool
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:26 pm

Tell em congrats on the good show HP! cheers

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:56 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:Tell em congrats on the good show HP! cheers
thanks doggieboy. I love you I will! 🐶
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:33 pm

HotParadox wrote:

One thing sure is obvious HP, you sure must have raised your kids right. Looks like they are going to do just fine as adults. You can be very proud of them. Please convey our congrats and well wishes for a great future. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

One thing sure is obvious HP, you sure must have raised your kids right. Looks like they are going to do just fine as adults. You can be very proud of them. Please convey our congrats and well wishes for a great future. Very Happy
i will tell them, ot and a heartfelt thank you to you and linda, but all credit goes to God. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:41 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

i will tell them, ot and a heartfelt thank you to you and linda, but all credit goes to God. I love you

Yes, but credit where credit is due, they got one hell of a Mama for guidence.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:12 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Yeah, what he said. I guess that we have to be nice to her once in a while I love you I love you I love you

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Yeah, what he said. I guess that we have to be nice to her once in a while I love you I love you I love you
you're a good friend doggieboy, you too ot. I love you I love you thank you.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:39 pm

Speaking of the 80s, music videos were making a big splash in the early 80s.

I was dating a girl at the time that loved music videos and everytime she came over, she immediately turned on MTV. ( not a bad reason to date me, she dated me for access to MTV, I was ok with that )

There were not alot of bands on TV at first and no matter how infrequently I watched music videos, this video was on EVERY time I watched videos.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:26 pm

Susan aka CV wrote:
luciano wrote:I want my 2 dollars.

The 80's thread - Page 2 Two_dollars
oh yea looch - paperboys!! wow - talk about a blast from the past!! Surprised

lol.. gotta tell ya this one.. i can't believe i was soooo stupid!:

back in the early 70s, my "boyfriend" Rolling Eyes had a paper route in our neighborhood. he was sooooooooo cute, and his bike was a red stingray chopper! remember those?.. bicycles with an extended fork and a banana seat... VERY cool! lmao

anyway, for no particular reason, he would get mad at me (oh no!!) and the only way he would start talking to me again was if I would deliver his papers or collect his money for him!! i knew the route cuz i rode around with him all the time, so NATURALLY - not wanting him to be mad at me - i would do it!! this happened several times, until one day i ran into a friend of mine when i was running his route, and she told me she had just left another one of our friends houses, and that my "boyfriend" was there with our other friend! first i cried Sad , then i got pissed Mad .

my girlfriend helped me go back through the route and retrieve the papers i had delivered, we went to my house, drank several glasses of water, peed in the toilet, put my mom's rubber gloves on, started dipping the papers in the toilet - peed again and so on - until all the papers were soaked in pee. then i went back out (wearing these huge yellow rubber gloves!) and delivered the papers to his customers. Twisted Evil yea, i know NOW - it wasn't his customers' fault that he was whore dog, but at 12-13 years old - i didn't think about that then!

when i look back at that now, i can't believe i fell for that over and over - talk about naive! Laughing

CV

Haha that story was hilarious, what young girls will do for a cute boy they like huh? . I wasnt really mentioning paperboys but it is a good point, thats a pic from one of my favorite 80's movies "Better off Dead" that kid follows around John Cusack wanting his 2 dollars the whole movie, its pretty funny. But I still have a paperboy although he dont collect off me, I pay straight to the paper. I scared the hell out of him right before X-mas trying to get him his tip for the year, he comes real early in the morning like 5am-6am and I wanted to give him $30 for the year of service for X-mas as a tip because the kid does a good job, well I got up real early the one morning to make sure I caught him, I seen him coming over to my house through the window, well I opened the door real fast just as he was putting it in my paperbox right beside my door, scared the hell out of him, he shreaked like a little girl(he must be like 13 or 14), hehe, he wasnt expecting me to open the door, he was real happy for the money though and we had a good laugh about it the other day when I seen him at Subway
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:57 pm

hahaha, you shoulda gave him 30 more for the 10 years you took off his life. lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:32 am

Now let me tell you about this girl I was at the Motley Crue concert with. She was a casher at the store I transferred to. I’d be stocking, trying to keep all the BOGO’s full and she’d come walking by workin her hips and asking where something was this would go on all day. She made a point to volunteer to put the stuff up that people had decided they didn’t want. She was a cute little thing, petite, mid length blonde hair, and a nice butt that she knew how to work when she walked.

I finally asked her out. We went, went out several times, couple time just to do what 17 year old young men would do with 19 year old babes. (I always end up with older women for some reason.) We got off at the same time usually and I got in the habit of taking her home. We’d sit in her front yard and talk all night. We really got along.

Anyway, she’d broke up with her boyfriend to go out with me. He didn’t care for that at all. Him being the father of her son didn’t help matters. He would come into the store all the time, drunk with his drunk buddies threatening to beat the hell out of me. Spent a lot of that summer checking the lug nut on my wheels and checking the brakes of my car. Should of walked away from that chic. As it turned out I started caring too much for her and her son then she walked away from me.

We broke up and she started dating some dork ex-con, broke up with him, got back with me, dumped me, and married the ex-con’s ex-con brother. Saw her a couple years later. She was still with him, had four kids running round all over the place and was knocked up with another. Oh the good ole days.. Hehehe…

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:45 am

A week or so after her I was at a party and started talking to the 20 something doll that worked in the bakery.. It was a rebound though. The baker and I rebounded off the night stand and a wall onto the floor. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:53 am

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:33 am

I'd almost forgot about this little gem of a movie, but like herpes, it unfortunately keeps popping back up from time to time.

Given the money Keven lost to Madoff, I bet there's a footloose 2 in our future.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:45 am

And this jewel of a feller/woman/whatever.... I refuse to actually post his music so this is as close as ya get. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:46 am

CarolinaHound wrote:Now let me tell you about this girl I was at the Motley Crue concert with. She was a casher at the store I transferred to. I’d be stocking, trying to keep all the BOGO’s full and she’d come walking by workin her hips and asking where something was this would go on all day. She made a point to volunteer to put the stuff up that people had decided they didn’t want. She was a cute little thing, petite, mid length blonde hair, and a nice butt that she knew how to work when she walked.

I finally asked her out. We went, went out several times, couple time just to do what 17 year old young men would do with 19 year old babes. (I always end up with older women for some reason.) We got off at the same time usually and I got in the habit of taking her home. We’d sit in her front yard and talk all night. We really got along.

Anyway, she’d broke up with her boyfriend to go out with me. He didn’t care for that at all. Him being the father of her son didn’t help matters. He would come into the store all the time, drunk with his drunk buddies threatening to beat the hell out of me. Spent a lot of that summer checking the lug nut on my wheels and checking the brakes of my car. Should of walked away from that chic. As it turned out I started caring too much for her and her son then she walked away from me.

We broke up and she started dating some dork ex-con, broke up with him, got back with me, dumped me, and married the ex-con’s ex-con brother. Saw her a couple years later. She was still with him, had four kids running round all over the place and was knocked up with another. Oh the good ole days.. Hehehe…

when her and her old man break up, and they will, and she comes sniffing you out again, and she will, here's a piece of advice. keep away from this bitch. she's bad news.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:09 pm

relevant to the development of music in the 80's and before that, and beyond, so i'm posting this. harrison was an absolutely brilliant song writer and artist. he and clapton are high up on my favorites list. starr is one of the best drummers ever and slowhand is an amazing guitarist. i couldn't pass this one up. one of my favorite all time songs and it always makes me sad that its owner left us way too young.

'...without them, there wouldn't be us.'

HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:35 pm

HotParadox wrote:relevant to the development of music in the 80's and before that, and beyond, so i'm posting this. harrison was an absolutely brilliant song writer and artist. he and clapton are high up on my favorites list. starr is one of the best drummers ever and slowhand is an amazing guitarist. i couldn't pass this one up. one of my favorite all time songs and it always makes me sad that its owner left us way too young.

Starr was an adequate drummer on a great band....Starr probably a bit under-rated but for you to say 'one of the best drummers ever' is a bit of a stretch.

Remember the quote attributed to John Lennon when asked about Starr.....
"He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles" - John Lennon
par84forme
par84forme

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:46 pm

par84forme wrote:
HotParadox wrote:relevant to the development of music in the 80's and before that, and beyond, so i'm posting this. harrison was an absolutely brilliant song writer and artist. he and clapton are high up on my favorites list. starr is one of the best drummers ever and slowhand is an amazing guitarist. i couldn't pass this one up. one of my favorite all time songs and it always makes me sad that its owner left us way too young.

Starr was an adequate drummer on a great band....Starr probably a bit under-rated but for you to say 'one of the best drummers ever' is a bit of a stretch.

Remember the quote attributed to John Lennon when asked about Starr.....
"He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles" - John Lennon
is that so? doesn't matter what lennon 'thinks'. plenty of pros disagree with him. it's all about opinion, par. yours is as valid as mine. and vice-versa.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:57 pm

He was no Ginger Baker, that's for sure. JMO

Americanadian
Americanadian

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan aka CV Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:39 am

luciano wrote:Haha that story was hilarious, what young girls will do for a cute boy they like huh? . I wasnt really mentioning paperboys but it is a good point, thats a pic from one of my favorite 80's movies "Better off Dead" that kid follows around John Cusack wanting his 2 dollars the whole movie, its pretty funny. But I still have a paperboy although he dont collect off me, I pay straight to the paper. I scared the hell out of him right before X-mas trying to get him his tip for the year, he comes real early in the morning like 5am-6am and I wanted to give him $30 for the year of service for X-mas as a tip because the kid does a good job, well I got up real early the one morning to make sure I caught him, I seen him coming over to my house through the window, well I opened the door real fast just as he was putting it in my paperbox right beside my door, scared the hell out of him, he shreaked like a little girl(he must be like 13 or 14), hehe, he wasnt expecting me to open the door, he was real happy for the money though and we had a good laugh about it the other day when I seen him at Subway
wow looch - i'm impressed there's still such a thing as an ACTUAL paperboy! ours gets delivered by adults who drive by and throw it out the window...

poor kid! affraid lol.. but ya know what - not only did you give him a great xmas gift, he also has a fantastic story that i'm sure he'll tell to many when he's older and sitting around reminising like we are now.

funny stuff Laughing
thanks
CV

Susan aka CV

Number of posts : 380

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:24 am

Susan aka CV wrote:
luciano wrote:Haha that story was hilarious, what young girls will do for a cute boy they like huh? . I wasnt really mentioning paperboys but it is a good point, thats a pic from one of my favorite 80's movies "Better off Dead" that kid follows around John Cusack wanting his 2 dollars the whole movie, its pretty funny. But I still have a paperboy although he dont collect off me, I pay straight to the paper. I scared the hell out of him right before X-mas trying to get him his tip for the year, he comes real early in the morning like 5am-6am and I wanted to give him $30 for the year of service for X-mas as a tip because the kid does a good job, well I got up real early the one morning to make sure I caught him, I seen him coming over to my house through the window, well I opened the door real fast just as he was putting it in my paperbox right beside my door, scared the hell out of him, he shreaked like a little girl(he must be like 13 or 14), hehe, he wasnt expecting me to open the door, he was real happy for the money though and we had a good laugh about it the other day when I seen him at Subway
wow looch - i'm impressed there's still such a thing as an ACTUAL paperboy! ours gets delivered by adults who drive by and throw it out the window...

poor kid! affraid lol.. but ya know what - not only did you give him a great xmas gift, he also has a fantastic story that i'm sure he'll tell to many when he's older and sitting around reminising like we are now.

funny stuff Laughing
thanks
CV

Yeah, and underneath all of that harda** and gruffiness beats the heart of a really nice lady. Your a doll CV and you will never convince me otherwise. I love you

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:46 pm

I swear this is Clay Akin's daddy....

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster