Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to…

+5
Night-Reaper
Qi123
CarolinaHound
Old Timer
HotParadox
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to… - Page 3 Empty Re: And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to…

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:If ya got it, flaunt it; I always say. What a Face

Hey, I flunked kindergarten--twice. Top that one.

I was the reason my kindergarden teacher quit wearing dresses to work. Very Happy

In our school it was the entire third grade boys class.

So you needed help huh? Twisted Evil

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to… - Page 3 Empty Re: And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to…

Post by Old Timer Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:48 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

I was the reason my kindergarden teacher quit wearing dresses to work. Very Happy

Not really. We just took turns.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

I would have sold tickets. tongue

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:41 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

I would have sold tickets. tongue

What makes you think we didn't. At that stage of my life, I spent more time in the principals office than I did in class.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:56 pm

And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to… - Page 3 LLxg6g
I like Hooter's like most any other guy, but this is just WRONG!! This is disgusting.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to… - Page 3 LLxg6g
I like Hooter's like most any other guy, but this is just WRONG!! This is disgusting.

I think I know him! affraid

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to… - Page 3 LLxg6g

So is this Very Happy

And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to… - Page 3 Rack-on-fat-ladies-back
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:46 pm

HotParadox wrote:

So is this Very Happy

And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to… - Page 3 Rack-on-fat-ladies-back

affraid Somebody put the hooters in da wrong place!!!! affraid

If she shaved her head and painted a face on the back of her head, you couldn't tell whether she was coming or going! scratch

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:58 pm

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:04 am

HotParadox wrote:HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!

I for one would not want to know which way it was coming or going. affraid

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:22 pm

lmao-too funny!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:49 am

HotParadox wrote:lmao-too funny!

Bit I do feel a little sorry for that person.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:25 pm

Old Timer wrote:

I feels sorry for the guy when the lights are out. He'd be thinkin' she needs to nair and have been making out, and thinking he's getting to second base with her. The whole time all his effort was put into her back.

bata boom ching. And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to… - Page 3 1sm173drums1

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:12 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

I feels sorry for the guy when the lights are out. He'd be thinkin' she needs to nair and have been making out, and thinking he's getting to second base with her. The whole time all his effort was put into her back.

bata boom ching. And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to… - Page 3 1sm173drums1
And the Hooter's guy is every woman's nightmare, too. affraid Let's see... a hairy stomach with stretch marks, wears a bra and works at Hooters. Plus, he has a dorky balloon tattoo on his arm. Suspect
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:15 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

And the Hooter's guy is every woman's nightmare, too. affraid Let's see... a hairy stomach with stretch marks, wears a bra and works at Hooters. Plus, he has a dorky balloon tattoo on his arm. Suspect

Yep, At least I went with a blue rose tat. hehehe... Laughing

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:04 pm

HotParadox wrote:

So is this Very Happy

Hey everyone, look at the camel! You too could be a bare-back hump rider! Gitty-up, ya'll!!
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:01 pm

HotParadox wrote:I'm going with this disgusting looking thing... Very Happy KFC calls this a sandwich!!!! WHERE'S THE BREAD?!!!

And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to… - Page 3 Double10

And the Award for Worst New Food Product of the Year Goes to… - Page 3 Double11
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/04/double-down-kfc-sold-america-food-product.php?campaign=daily_nl

Seriously HP, what is so bad about this? Is it that it doesn't have a bun? It looks good.
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
HotParadox wrote:I'm going with this disgusting looking thing... Very Happy KFC calls this a sandwich!!!! WHERE'S THE BREAD?!!!

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/04/double-down-kfc-sold-america-food-product.php?campaign=daily_nl

Seriously HP, what is so bad about this? Is it that it doesn't have a bun? It looks good.

The chicken is the bun.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:26 am

Night-Reaper wrote:

Yeah, what you and CH said. It's like basically a fatty, cheesy, saucy, bacon sandwich. If that's not unhealthy enough, what keeps the whole thing sandwiched together is deep fried chicken. "I'll have an angioplasty for dessert, please." Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lisan25 Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Night-Reaper wrote:

Yeah, what you and CH said. It's like basically a fatty, cheesy, saucy, bacon sandwich. If that's not unhealthy enough, what keeps the whole thing sandwiched together is deep fried chicken. "I'll have an angioplasty for dessert, please." Very Happy

Hey, it comes with grilled chicken if you don't like fried... because that's so much better for you. LMAO gross.

Have you guys heard of baconnaise?? Lol, Jon Stewart came up with a slogan for it... "It tastes like your tongue took a shit in your mouth".

Wendy's "stackers" or whatever they called them totally disgust me. Three patties with bacon in between them?? And you can get it with up to 4?!? GROSS!!!
lisan25
lisan25

Female
Number of posts : 43
Job/hobbies : Job is taking care of the family. Hobbies? Reading, playing the piano, flute, and keeping up on politics.
Humor : I have none.
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:25 pm

I can't believe with all the wonderful foods available, in such marvelous variety and simple to cook, that people eat that crap. I was raised on pretty healthy food and have stayed that way my entire life. I rasied my kids the same and they have stayed that way, fortunately and they are feeding the grandkids the same way. Now, I do have a few weaknesses here and there that I indulge in once in a while, but that's it. And I don't over do it. Plus I work out, swim and get quite a bit of exercise doing some sports and other hobbies. I have never been on a diet for example in my life. I eat very well, not perfectly all the time, but pretty darn well. There is a lot of stuff I never ever eat, as well. I used to see photos of meals that people would post on here as what they thought was wonderful food and I used to think, good Lord, that's a coronary in the making. My colon would explode if I ate that stuff and I would get fat in a hurry! lol

Baconasie? WTH is that? lmao I am almost afraid to ask.

Last edited by Put It Out There Baby on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Put It Out There Baby

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:39 pm

You sound way too healthy, hahaha! What would you never eat, for instance?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 pm

LMAO at Lisa with the grilled chicken version of that gross sandwich and with baconnaise/whatever that is!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lisan25 Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:33 pm

I never heard of baconnaise until today. I was watching clips of the Daily Show (he had an extended interview up from yesterdays show... I think yesterday). Anyway, there were some clips of Steve Carell visiting the show (he got his start on the Daily Show) and they discussed baconnaise in one of them. It just sounds nasty. lol

On the flip side, I absolutely love ketchup. My favorite condiment of all time. I've never had a bottle of ketchup go unfinished. I lived in California for awhile with an aunt and uncle and my aunt said she had never had a bottle of ketchup that she hadn't had to throw away for going bad until I moved in. Lol then she started buying it bulk. It grosses my mom out, she hates ketchup and tomato's. I also eat a tomato like it's an apple... mmmmm.

I got lucky with the kiddo, she LOOOVES fruit and veggies. I buy brocoli every time we go to the store, it's one of her favorite foods. She also loves mandarin oranges and apples. She's not big on candy, we literally throw out about half her Halloween candy each year. She just doesn't eat it. Most of the time if we give her an option between a sweet or a box of raisins or apple, she'll choose the raisins or apple. I love it, I just wish my step son was the same way! lol
lisan25
lisan25

Female
Number of posts : 43
Job/hobbies : Job is taking care of the family. Hobbies? Reading, playing the piano, flute, and keeping up on politics.
Humor : I have none.
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:24 am

HotParadox wrote:You sound way too healthy, hahaha! What would you never eat, for instance?
I still don't know WTH baconaise is. lol I am glad I am not the only one. I will fill you in on what I eat and don't eat tommorrow night after the laundry. I am about to have a snack and hit the sheets and watch some tv with Sue and crash soon. I do most of the cooking. Since Betty came she at least does some of it. That has been wonderful. Sue? She is the helper in the kitchen. I didn't marry her for her culinary skills and if I had, I would be dead from starvation by now. She has learned to do a several things though and I am happy with that. I love to cook anyways. And it's great having Betty cook some of the meals for all of us some of the time. Otherwise, she is in the back at her place cooking for herself. Michael has done some cooking while he's been staying here, but only some. He is good about bringing take out home though. lol

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:33 am

Okay, I just looked up baconnaise on the net. It's bacon flavored mayo apparently. Now, I have to say I eat a lot of sammies of all types and I have a few types of mustards and I love real mayo (occasionally I make my own) and I have some flavored sammie spreads, so maybe I might try this. lol I have noticed there are catsup people and mayo people. I am a mayo person. Michael is a catsup person. He even puts it on his eggs!!!! EEEK!!! He puts it on hot dogs. He's a disturbed boy. My brother is a catsup person. Sue is a mayo person. Betty is both. She has always been a wierdo. (just kidding)

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:13 am

I'm a wierdo too Very Happy I do ketchup, mayo and mustard!

...depending on what it's going on. On most sandwiches it's olive oil or mustard or no dressing at all. If I make a batch of tuna, it's a touch of olive oil, or occasionally mayo, as the binder. Egg salad it's a touch of mayo. Potato salad is always with olive oil, never ever with mayo. Scrambled eggs, yeah, I'll hit them with a tad of ketchup. Burgers, ketchup and mustard together; hot dogs, mustard and ketchup or mustard and relish. French fries, though, just black pepper-maybe ketchup if I'm feeling adventurous. My kids put mayo on their fries-one of their best friends who has been their friend since early childhood is Dutch and that's how they eat fries in the Netherlands. My kids tried it when they were little and still like it. Gag me.
I made a nice mayo the other day with olive oil, eggs and lemon juice. Came out nice. But over all, I'm not a mayo, ketchup or mustard-I'm an olive oil!
Lisa, as far as fruits and veggies with the kids, I think you deserve applause. It's what you offered them, I would think, the good choices you made for them before they could choose. There's not a fruit or veggie that mine don't like. Or any food, for that matter. We eat it all. They're very picky about the desserts they eat though. And I take full credit for all this. From the time they could eat solid food, I was very particular that my children would eat healthy foods and all types of fruits, veggies and fish (snails, eel, you name it I cook it) and meats (tripe, kidneys, you name it I make a meal out of it) and no junk crap... and guess what, if that's what you give them that's what they learn to love. And now they are all devotees of organic/no GMO food only-so our house is very clean. You won't find one thing in my fridge or pantry that is not organic. Even our spices and condiments and coffee and tea! lmao to the poor house, though! Oh yeah, and we all eat tomatoes as you would a fruit because it is a fruit! Except my husband Guy. He hates tomatoes and he was born it Italy! What full-blooded Italian doesn't love tomatoes? It's a travesty!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:47 pm

HotParadox wrote:LMAO at Lisa with the grilled chicken version of that gross sandwich and with baconnaise/whatever that is!

Hey HP, I'll tell you what's good. When I have some fried chicken, I like to pour maple syrup over it. Now that's good!
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Night-Reaper wrote: Hey HP, I'll tell you what's good. When I have some fried chicken, I like to pour maple syrup over it. Now that's good!
Nice. You might like this recipe. Being a native New Englander we makes lots of recipes with pure/real maple syrup, like this:

New England Maple Chicken
Dip pieces of chicken (with skin on or off-your choice) in flour seasoned with a little salt and pepper, then dip the pieces in real maple syrup. Lay chicken on a cookie sheet that you've lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 375 to 400 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until done. Delish!

Here's another version:

New England Maple Chicken

Ingredients

* 2 1/2 lbs chicken pieces
* 1/2 cup real maple syrup
* 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
* 1/4 cup chopped almonds-optional
* 1 pinch pepper
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 F

Remove skin from chicken pieces, and discard skin.

Place chicken pieces in a shallow 9 x 13 pan.

Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.

Bake in 400F oven, uncovered, for 50 minutes, basting occasionally.

When serving, any remaining sauce can be poured over potatoes, sweet potatoes or rice.

Serves 4 to 6
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sat May 01, 2010 12:01 am

HotParadox wrote:You sound way too healthy, hahaha! What would you never eat, for instance?
Okay, let' see. I rarely, almost never eat any fried foods. I never eat onion rings and maybe have french fries twice a year. Don't even do fried chicken. I rarely drink. I have a touch of Bailey's in my coffee at home, maybe 2-3 times a month. I might drink one or two beers a year and maybe two or three glasses of champagne a year. I don't eat really hot or spicey food any longer like I did and loved for decades because my colon just can't handle it anymore. We eat a ton of tuna, salmon, turkey, chicken, a variety of fresh fish, and a variety of fresh shellfish. We have a great fresh seafood market a few blocks from our house. I might have some ham once or twice a year. I do eat bacon once in a while, not very often. But I love pork roast and bonless pork chops. I eat alot of sammies and I love some deli meats especially extra lean (no fat) corned beef, which I eat quite a bit. I don't eat pizza. I miss pepperoni terribly, but the colon says no. I have dreams about pepperoni. lol I stand infront of the hanging pepperoni at the Italian deli we frequent and just drool and stare. We eat some lean beef, but not that often. We cook almost exclusively with olive oil and sometimes peanut oil (for asian cooking mostly) and we grill a lot. I just don't do battered food.

I am a big carbaholic. We eat a lot of pasta - all different kinds, stuffed and unstuffed and a huge variety of sauces. White, brown and wild rice. Lot's of rice. Baked or roasted potatos - never fried. A huge variety of different salads almost daily. Fish tacos are my weakness also. lol We eat cottage cheese, cream cheese, whole multi grain breads - different kinds, english muffins, banana nut muffins, banana nut breads whole grain muffins, cinnamon/raisin bagels, croisants, french rolls and bread, ciabatta bread/rolls, corn bread, falafels, and flat breads and the like. We do bake a lot of this stuff oirselves when time allows.

We eat a lot of soups- loads of different kinds and lots of different healthy stews and a wide variety of healthy casseroles. We and I am a fruit freak. I eat several types of fruit daily (like morning noon and night) and we always have at least a dozen types of fruit in the frig. Always. We buy fruit weekly. Veggies, cannot get enough-huge variety of steamed veggies-every kind there is. I like steamed vegies and or raw veggies with healthy home made dips. Never met a fruit (except Durian eeeek) or a veggie I didn't like and won't eat.

We eat a ton of yogurt- all the flavors and varieties. I make trail mix, several different kinds and eat a lot of that. I eat 5 variety of Nature Valleys granola, nut whatever bars. Eat them daily. Love nuts, not to salted, big variety of those. We eat gelato, real ice cream and sherberts and some puddings. I like apple pie and apple turnovers but besides ice cream and a few rare homemade peanut butter cookies or homemade oatmeal rasin cookies here and there I don't have much of a sweet tooth. Almost never eat cake or hardly any pasteries. I do make an exception for cannolies and we eat those like once a month. I love cannolis. Evil things, but wonderful. We get four of them and drag them home, make some fresh coffee and just savor them like a fine wine. lol I make my own chunky cinnamon applesauce and I love applesauce on lots of things.

We eat a lot of humas, different types. I make the best french toast and pancakes on the planet ( but we use very little maple syrup-just enough not too much) and I love crepes and make crepes often. I make them plainish or often stuffed with seafood or fruit as well. I do like the good, natural whole fruit jams a bit and have them here and there. I eat peanut butter a lot. I love peanut butter. Extra chunky.

We make traditional healthy type Mexican food as well.

We eat a variety of cheese. We always have at least 6 or 7 kinds around. I do eat eggs but not often, maybe once a week. We always have a big variety of crackers around. And I love graham crackers.

We are big into juices. I love banana/pineapple/orange the best and orange juice freshly made and apple juice, but we always have several types of juice available at home. We make a lot of healthy fruit smoothies year round and I make several types of Orange Julius drinks.

I eat fast food maybe once a year and vow to never do it again and wonder why I did it in the first place. lol So we don't eat fast food. We cook a lot of Tai, Vietnamese, Korean, Filipino and Chinese food and get it for take out and eat it out qite a bit. I am crazy for all Asian food, every variety. Eat it all the time and often. Love the different sauces, veggies, noodles and have been cooking it for decades. Have a big wok. I make a mean peanut sauce also. I also make two types of pallea and have a paella pan. I make a great stuffed eggplant. I also like cajun food and I make a wonderful gumbo, and jumbalaya.

Basically we don't eat much on the way of processed foods, and junk food, no fast foods no fried or battered foods. We do eat some kettle corn once in a blue. I just don't eat pretzels, and chips and all those bags of whatever you find on that asile.

I drink alot of water, loads of juice, smoothies, whole milk and some caffine free pepsis. (my other weekness). I drink half leaded and half unleaded coffee, some unleaded tea once in a while. I have cocoa a few times a year.

We don't use much salt at all, hardly ever and when we do it's sea salt. I do use a variety of peppercorns which I grind myself and other spices in cooking, obviously. I try to do every as fresh as possible and have a small herb garden on the 5 shelves of the greenhouse window in the kitchen.

I never eat pork sausage or hot dogs or baloney or any processed mystery sammie meats. It's all tuna or lean deli meats form the Italian deli, German deli and the Jewish deli that we frequent weekly.

My other weakness are pizzelles, anise flavored. I eat them with my coffee- I am addicted to them. I like different Italian almond cookies and those almond nouget tiny bars and different biscottis (especially anise). But I could probably live on pizzelles, peanut butter, seafood and corned beef and fruit the rest of my life. lol At Easter time we get the anise egg breads and freeze several for the rest of the year. I love those as well.

Twice a year we make brownies and go ape doodle on them. Loads of walnuts. But only twice a year.

I make a lot of Greek, Italian and Mediterranean foods and some French country food as well. Love stuffed grape leaves. Different kinds. Sadly, I cannot eat lamb, I am allergic to it. Can't wear wool either- I break out in huge hives.

I eat of ton of healthy cereals-hot and cold and we always have like 9 different kinds of cereal around and I put wheat germ on it and sometimes, raisins or other fruit. Oatmeal and apples is wonderful and bananas or strawberries or blueberries. In fact I use wheat germ in cooking some other things as well.

I think that kinda covers it. I just try to eat well, eat sensibly and not overdo and not eat crap.

Last edited by Put It Out There Baby on Sat May 01, 2010 12:24 am; edited 11 times in total

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sat May 01, 2010 12:02 am

HotParadox wrote:. He hates tomatoes and he was born it Italy! What full-blooded Italian doesn't love tomatoes? It's a travesty!
Try being married to an Italian woman who never learned to cook! What is with that?

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat May 01, 2010 12:23 am

Put It Out There Baby wrote:
HotParadox wrote:. He hates tomatoes and he was born it Italy! What full-blooded Italian doesn't love tomatoes? It's a travesty!
Try being married to an Italian woman who never learned to cook! What is with that?
Well, you spoiled her. If my hubby cooked there's a chance I'd be a non-cook too. But we gotta eat! lol
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sat May 01, 2010 12:29 am

HotParadox wrote:
Well, you spoiled her. If my hubby cooked there's a chance I'd be a non-cook too. But we gotta eat! lol
It's a matter of survival! lol But she has learned to do simple things and she helps me to the prep work when I cook and she does a lot of the clean up although I tend to clean as I go and always have, but you won't be seeing her on Top Chef anytime soon. I do the real meals. And now Betty does some. Sue does load the dishwasher though. lmao

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat May 01, 2010 1:18 am

Okay, let' see. I rarely, almost never eat any fried foods. I never eat onion rings and maybe have french fries twice a year. Don't even do fried chicken. I rarely drink. I have a touch of Bailey's in my coffee at home, maybe 2-3 times a month. I might drink one or two beers a year and maybe two or three glasses of champagne a year. I don't eat really hot or spicey food any longer like I did and loved for decades because my colon just can't handle it anymore. We eat a ton of tuna, salmon, turkey, chicken, a variety of fresh fish, and a variety of fresh shellfish. We have a great fresh seafood market a few blocks from our house. I might have some ham once or twice a year. I do eat bacon once in a while, not very often. But I love pork roast and bonless pork chops. I eat alot of sammies and I love some deli meats especially extra lean (no fat) corned beef, which I eat quite a bit. I don't eat pizza. I miss pepperoni terribly, but the colon says no. I have dreams about pepperoni. lol I stand infront of the hanging pepperoni at the Italian deli we frequent and just drool and stare. We eat some lean beef, but not that often. We cook almost exclusively with olive oil and sometimes peanut oil (for asian cooking mostly) and we grill a lot. I just don't do battered food.

I am a big carbaholic. We eat a lot of pasta - all different kinds, stuffed and unstuffed and a huge variety of sauces. White, brown and wild rice. Lot's of rice. Baked or roasted potatos - never fried. A huge variety of different salads almost daily. Fish tacos are my weakness also. lol We eat cottage cheese, cream cheese, whole multi grain breads - different kinds, english muffins, banana nut muffins, banana nut breads whole grain muffins, cinnamon/raisin bagels, croisants, french rolls and bread, ciabatta bread/rolls, corn bread, falafels, and flat breads and the like. We do bake a lot of this stuff oirselves when time allows.

We eat a lot of soups- loads of different kinds and lots of different healthy stews and a wide variety of healthy casseroles. We and I am a fruit freak. I eat several types of fruit daily (like morning noon and night) and we always have at least a dozen types of fruit in the frig. Always. We buy fruit weekly. Veggies, cannot get enough-huge variety of steamed veggies-every kind there is. I like steamed vegies and or raw veggies with healthy home made dips. Never met a fruit (except Durian eeeek) or a veggie I didn't like and won't eat.

We eat a ton of yogurt- all the flavors and varieties. I make trail mix, several different kinds and eat a lot of that. I eat 5 variety of Nature Valleys granola, nut whatever bars. Eat them daily. Love nuts, not to salted, big variety of those. We eat gelato, real ice cream and sherberts and some puddings. I like apple pie and apple turnovers but besides ice cream and a few rare homemade peanut butter cookies or homemade oatmeal rasin cookies here and there I don't have much of a sweet tooth. Almost never eat cake or hardly any pasteries. I do make an exception for cannolies and we eat those like once a month. I love cannolis. Evil things, but wonderful. We get four of them and drag them home, make some fresh coffee and just savor them like a fine wine. lol I make my own chunky cinnamon applesauce and I love applesauce on lots of things.

We eat a lot of humas, different types. I make the best french toast and pancakes on the planet and I love crepes and make crepes often. I make them plainish or often stuffed with seafood or fruit as well. I do like the good, natural whole fruit jams a bit and have them here and there. I eat peanut butter a lot. I love peanut butter. Extra chunky.

We make traditional healthy type Mexican food as well.

We eat a variety of cheese. We always have at least 6 or 7 kinds around. I do eat eggs but not often, maybe once a week. We always have a big variety of crackers around. And I love graham crackers.

We are big into juices. I love banana/pineapple/orange the best and orange juice freshly made and apple juice, but we always have several types of juice available at home. We make a lot of healthy fruit smoothies year round and I make several types of Orange Julius drinks.

I eat fast food maybe once a year and vow to never do it again and wonder why I did it in the first place. lol So we don't eat fast food. We cook a lot of Tai, Vietnamese, Korean, Filipino and Chinese food and get it for take out and eat it out qite a bit. I am crazy for all Asian food, every variety. Eat it all the time and often. Love the different sauces, veggies, noodles and have been cooking it for decades. Have a big wok. I make a mean peanut sauce also. I also make two types of pallea and have a paella pan. I make a great stuffed eggplant. I also like cajun food and I make a wonderful gumbo, and jumbalaya.

Basically we don't eat much on the way of processed foods, and junk food, no fast foods no fried or battered foods. We do eat some kettle corn once in a blue. I just don't eat pretzels, and chips and all those bags of whatever you find on that asile.

I drink alot of water, loads of juice, smoothies, whole milk and some caffine free pepsis. (my other weekness). I drink half leaded and half unleaded coffee, some unleaded tea once in a while. I have cocoa a few times a year.

We don't use much salt at all, hardly ever and when we do it's sea salt. I do use a variety of peppercorns which I grind myself and other spices in cooking, obviously. I try to do every as fresh as possible and have a small herb garden on the 5 shelves of the greenhouse window in the kitchen.

I never eat pork sausage or hot dogs or baloney or any processed mystery sammie meats. It's all tuna or lean deli meats form the Italian deli, German deli and the Jewish deli that we frequent weekly.

My other weakness are pizzelles, anise flavored. I eat them with my coffee- I am addicted to them. I like different Italian almond cookies and those almond nouget tiny bars and different biscottis (especially anise). But I could probably live on pizzelles, peanut butter, seafood and corned beef and fruit the rest of my life. lol At Easter time we get the anise egg breads and freeze several for the rest of the year. I love those as well.

Twice a year we make brownies and go ape doodle on them. Loads of walnuts. But only twice a year.

I make a lot of Greek, Italian and Mediterranean foods and some French country food as well. Love stuffed grape leaves. Different kinds. Sadly, I cannot eat lamb, I am allergic to it. Can't wear wool either- I break out in huge hives.

I eat of ton of healthy cereals-hot and cold and we always have like 9 different kinds of cereal around and I put wheat germ on it and sometimes, raisins or other fruit. Oatmeal and apples is wonderful and bananas or strawberries or blueberries. In fact I use wheat germ in cooking some other things as well.

I think that kinda covers it. I just try to eat well, eat sensibly and not overdo and not eat crap.
Wow. Well, I'll make it simple. I eat whatever the hell I want whenever I want... Very Happy

... as long as, for the most part, it's organic, I'm good to go.

However, we never ever eat fast food and none of us even like it, nor do we drink any type of soda. We love yogurt but only plain, preferably Greek. I fry or saute many of my dishes, as do most Italians, but none of us are remotely overweight or have high blood pressure or high cholesterol or diabetes, etc. The only oil in the house is extra virgin olive oil. I don't fry or bake desserts with butter, only with olive oil, but I have it in the house for toast, etc.

I make biscotti (which have zero fat and very little sugar in them) or some other dessert almost daily. We eat very little in the way of sweets but they're always homemade and always there for whomever wants a little something with their coffee and we have lots of people over the house every day. I make or buy organic yeast breads.

Sea salt only and it's from Sicily, unrefined organic sugar, all kinds of peppercorns, wheat germ, lentils, faro, steel cut oats, polenta, quinoa, all those great grains, all the time and I add them to my desserts, too. I make lots of pizzelle, crepes; and brownies, yup, we love them and I make a batch whenever someone asks me too. Never do we have convenience foods in the house, like cake mixes or frozen stuff. Almost all our food is fresh, even mayo and mustard. Lots of nuts and seeds and I shop for fresh produce daily and the fridge and counters are brimming with produce. We eat organic eggs and butter. We have eggs daily-in my opinion eggs are the most underrated and over feared food on the planet. We drink organic 1% milk.

We live on homemade smoothies made with tons of fruits and veggie combos, at least 3 times a day. This morning's was kale, collards, rocket chard, fennel, spinach, broccoli, carrots, pineapple, coconut, blueberries, strawberries, mango, kiwi, apple, banana, cantaloupe, sunflower seeds, almonds and a dab of plain yogurt-all blended up in my Vita-Mix and it was amazing. In other words, whatever combo of fruits and veggies I have on hand go into the smoothies, and it's the kids who make them, not me. We make epic pizza, very simple ones and none of us like it heavily topped or topped with pepperoni. Junk food at it worst, in our opinion, and I don't even recall ever buying pepperoni. But I love all the Italian cold cuts and never deny myself. The only junk food I like is organic potato chips and eat them in moderation, with a sandwich, whenever I get the urge.

I make fab gelato-our new fav is 'chocolate chile pepper', which my son had in Naples and brought the recipe home to me. We eat all meats, including beef, and all types of fish imaginable. Pork and lamb are our favorite meats, and we love all fish equally. We love all cheeses. The only thing we don't eat and won't eat are processed, inorganic foods..with the exception of Italian cold cuts. Sometimes you gotta have what you gotta have!

Oh yeah and btw I am, without a doubt, a waiter's worst nightmare. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat May 01, 2010 1:19 am

HotParadox wrote:
It's a matter of survival! lol But she has learned to do simple things and she helps me to the prep work when I cook and she does a lot of the clean up although I tend to clean as I go and always have, but you won't be seeing her on Top Chef anytime soon. I do the real meals. And now Betty does some. Sue does load the dishwasher though. lmao
LMAO and out goes the tea. Thanks again.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sat May 01, 2010 1:39 am

We never use real butter and use Smart Balance exclusively for everything. Pepperoni was my one and only big crap food and I used to love it. sigh. My brother still eats it and keeps reminding me of that.

I just can't do veggies in a juice except for V8 juice which I like very much. Veggies in a smoothie??? That frightens me for some reason. lol Sue makes veggie juices and drinks them, but I can't stand them, even carrot juice and I love carrots. I don't know what it is but it's too yucky for me. I'd just rather eat veggies. She throws all kinds of vegies in the juicer and out come this crap looking like a sewer and she drinks it. lol

Fresh is the best. I hate frozen anything, unless it's our lefovers or fish we have caugth and frozen some of or something like that. Organic is great but soooo expensive. We do some organic things but not too many. We bought some organic pears last weekend and man, they were sooo good.

I have never made biscottis. Are they difficult? I like the anise and almond ones the best. Do you have a recipe for those by chance? I might try and make them. How the heck do you shape the dough though??? or do you bake them as a "loaf" and then cut them after they are baked? I have no clue, obviously. Must be a low profile kinda loaf. lol I would need a pic or dimension measurements of that or my biscottis would be the size of bread.

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sat May 01, 2010 2:55 am

The life of a truck driver is not the most healthy lifestyle in the world. The best health I has was when I was not driving. I had a job in warehousing for a while for six years actually, but before that I learned to drive a truck, though perhaps I in another thread I will tell you of my early trucking days. I was in warehousing for a while, now I have drove trucks for almost ten years now. When I decided to get back into truck driving I decided I was going to go to Tahoe for a snow season and learn how to snowboard, before I started driving a truck again. So I worked hard at getting into good shape, started working out all the time. I got to Tahoe and became the total snowboard bum. I got a job at Heavenly ski resort, found a place to live. I also found out doing dishes, and cleaning house goes a long way towards making sure you have a place to stay if you want to be a snowboard bum. I was treated well and ate well too. My job required me to pick up skis snowboards and boot and carry them everywhere. Up and down stairs literally nonstop. I snowboarded every chance I had. I exercised every chance I had.

I am six feet tall so that won't change, though my weight has. Before I left Tahoe to go back into trucking I weighed 190 lbs and I wore 31 inch jeans, and even those were hard to keep on.

With trucking you just don't have the ability to make those healthy choices. I wish I could if I got home more often, but I don't. In my life, my health does not matter at all. My home time does not matter. The only thing that matters is picking up customers freight and delivering it on time.

I would like to spend time on learning more how to cook. Cooking and doing it well brings a good deal of joy into my heart.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sat May 01, 2010 3:13 am

The life on the road is very very difficult. Most people have no idea how terribly hard and lonely it can be nor just how much work it really is. It wears you out mentally, emotionally and physically. Do you have a cooler you can bring with you to at least have juices, fruits and some healthy type snacks?

I wish you were able to be at home more often as well, my friend. It's shit living out of a suitcase as it were. I did it for decades. It's rough. The schedules, the hours, the grind. I am not sure I could handle it anymore now that I've been gone from all of it. I am having enough trouble handling work now. lol It was great though just to fly. But now I am the Pilot, the Co-Pilot, the Flight Attendant, the baggage handler, the accountant, the PR/salesman, the mechanic, the janitor, the secretary and everything else. I never thought I'd be working this hard at my age.

The Tahoe story is wonderful. It's such a great place. Man, I bet you had a ball. Hopefully, at some point, things will change for the better for all of us.

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sat May 01, 2010 1:02 pm

I deleted my last post. I went way off topic and was bitching about the trucking industry.

Before the economy went south, I used to be able to go into truck stops and order the soup and salad bar. Now a lot of truck stops don't have that anymore. They make you purchase soup by the bowl, and the salad bars have fewer food choices than they used to have.

One truck stop I went to had french toast stuffed with apples, now that's what I call healthy eating.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sat May 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Theophilus wrote:I deleted my last post. I went way off topic and was bitching about the trucking industry.

Before the economy went south, I used to be able to go into truck stops and order the soup and salad bar. Now a lot of truck stops don't have that anymore. They make you purchase soup by the bowl, and the salad bars have fewer food choices than they used to have.

One truck stop I went to had french toast stuffed with apples, now that's what I call healthy eating.
I missed it. I think it's okay Eric. We all need to vent some. Hey you could tell us about what you feel in the thread about keeping in touch how was your day. Anything is okay there as it relates to our lives and our days. I'd like to hear more about your job and the industry in general and feel free to post that over there if you like. It's hard as I said living on the road. And then there is all the "sitting" and not always the chance to get any decent exercise as well. I was lucky as that most of the hotels I stayed in had pools to swim in and exercise rooms, plus I could walk on my time off. I spent more time trying to rest/sleep, eat some decent meals and make some semblance of my bio rhythms. lol If the weather was crap, there went the walking.

I love french toast. I make it almost every week. Stuffed with apples sounds wonderful. Bananas would be good too. I always use bisquick and not flour, and whole milk and two eggs, a little sugar and a little vanilla extract and whip that up into a pretty thick batter and dip the bread in that and then cook them with Smart Balance. I put a little mixed fruit jam on top and just a touch of syrup.

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next