Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8 Year Old Saudi Girl Divorces 50 Year Old Husband

5 posters

Go down

8 Year Old Saudi Girl Divorces 50 Year Old Husband Empty 8 Year Old Saudi Girl Divorces 50 Year Old Husband

Post by HotParadox Fri May 01, 2009 7:48 am

You hear a lot of PC noise about conservative Muslims being 'honorable' as opposed to the lunatic radicals. The last sentence in this article would suggest that conservative Muslims have a long way to go in the 'honor' department:

SAUDI GIRL, 8, DIVORCES HUBBY, 50

Last updated: 2:04 am
May 1, 2009
Posted: 1:47 am
May 1, 2009

An 8-year-old Saudi girl divorced her middle-aged husband after her father forced her to marry him last year in exchange for $13,000, her lawyer said yesterday.

Saudi Arabia has come under increasing criticism at home and abroad for permitting child marriages.

The United States, a close ally of the conservative Muslim kingdom, has called child marriage a "clear and unacceptable" violation of human rights.

The girl was allowed to divorce the 50-year-old man she married last August after an out-of-court settlement was reached, said her lawyer, Abdulla al-Jeteli.

A court previously rejected a request by the girl's mother for a divorce and ruled that the girl would have to wait until she reached puberty to file a petition then.

There are no laws in Saudi Arabia defining the minimum age for marriage. Although a woman's consent is legally required, some marriage officials don't seek it.

But there has been a push by Saudi human-rights groups to define the age of marriage and put an end to the phenomenon.

Saudi Arabia's conservative Muslim clergy have opposed the drive to end child marriages.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05012009/news/worldnews/saudi_girl__8__divorces_hubby__50_167097.htm
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

8 Year Old Saudi Girl Divorces 50 Year Old Husband Empty Re: 8 Year Old Saudi Girl Divorces 50 Year Old Husband

Post by Jax74 Fri May 01, 2009 3:41 pm

HOLY HELL!

Sometimes I feell like nothing Islamic countries do will shock me but this total horseshit of marrying children is indefensible. Sure Im sure you can google under age marriage and find some odd thing here or there about some crazy polygamist marrying a 14 year old or something but good lord. He married a 7 year old with consent of her father?

Some of the crap they pull can not just be explained away as cultural differences like some people love to do. Her father wasnt a father, hes either a pimp or a slave trader.

Stunned! Just stunned! Although maybe I shouldnt be shocked by this crap anymore.

Jax74

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

8 Year Old Saudi Girl Divorces 50 Year Old Husband Empty Re: 8 Year Old Saudi Girl Divorces 50 Year Old Husband

Post by PaulM Fri May 01, 2009 3:49 pm

... and therein lies the inherent problem with conservatism... it's inability to change.
Not that all conservatism is a bad thing. We're a, basically, conservative society. We might not admit to it, but for the most part we are. We used to condone child marriages as well... shocking isn't it Smile but it was nothing for us to consider marrying off a 10, 12 or 13 year old daughter.
As our society developed and advanced it was no longer needed. We didn't have to start having babies at such an early age... we had longer life expectancies, and so on... you'all know what I mean (even if I can't explain it clearly)
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sun May 03, 2009 3:33 am

This shows as well as others acts how muslims feel about women.

There is nothing good about the religion of islam.

Nothing, not one good thing.

It is a cult.

If someone would like to tell me something good about this vile religion, I'm all ears.

Though I doubt anyone could.

For there is nothing good about this vile religion.

Nothing.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun May 03, 2009 7:34 am

Theophilus wrote:This shows as well as others acts how muslims feel about women.

There is nothing good about the religion of islam.

Nothing, not one good thing.

It is a cult.

If someone would like to tell me something good about this vile religion, I'm all ears.

Though I doubt anyone could.

For there is nothing good about this vile religion.

Nothing.

They once said that a black man would be president when pigs fly….
His first 100 days and bam!
"Swine Flu"

And he was a muslim to. Probably still is jmho Twisted Evil

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down