Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News Of The Day...

+4
Old Timer
CarolinaHound
Put It Out There Baby
coontie
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

News Of The Day... Empty News Of The Day...

Post by coontie Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:00 pm

'Big-Blue'; I.B.M. announced today that it has commenced work on a new genration of an artifical intelligence device that will have the capability of thinking and logical reasoning.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

News Of The Day... Empty Re: News Of The Day...

Post by coontie Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:05 pm

The 'Pandemic' urgecy scale indicator has now been placed at the fourth indicator out of a potential and maximum six on the scale of likelihood for Swine Flu to become an outright planetary pandemic. Already, four or five major countries including the U.S. are involved and it is spreading. Just today, Spain detected its first case.
Seems that at least 80 people have died in MExico now, from the effects.
The age group that is the most drastically affected so far, in regards to cases that have become so severe that it has resulted in deat, are in the age group between 18 and 45 years of age.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:06 pm

coontie wrote:The 'Pandemic' urgecy scale indicator has now been placed at the fourth indicator out of a potential and maximum six on the scale of likelihood for Swine Flu to become an outright planetary pandemic. Already, four or five major countries including the U.S. are involved and it is spreading. Just today, Spain detected its first case.
Seems that at least 80 people have died in MExico now, from the effects.
The age group that is the most drastically affected so far, in regards to cases that have become so severe that it has resulted in deat, are in the age group between 18 and 45 years of age.
As of this morning, 149 people have now died in Mexico. I started a thread yesterday about this new strain of flu in the thread below, with some good info:

"Pandemic viruses that mix genetic material from humans and animals"

Put It Out There Baby

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:14 pm

Looks like my state is going to be next.....

N.C. official: Swine flu cases suspected

Posted: Today at 6:00 p.m.
Updated: 31 minutes ago

Raleigh, N.C. — The state's health director said Monday afternoon that there are suspected cases of swine flu in North Carolina, but declined to say how many cases or where they were located.

Dr. Jeffrey Engel said Monday evening that officials are involuntarily isolating patients who may have the virus. He declined to specifically say how many suspected cases were in the state, noting that the number is always changing, and he declined to say where they were located.

"We're working very closely with providers, and they are investigating cases on a daily basis," Engel said. "It's a very fluid situation and there will be suspect cases. People travel all the time."

Investigators were gathering specimens and hope to know whether the cases are "probable" some time Tuesday and will seek confirmations by Wednesday.

Federal health officials have confirmed 40 cases in the United States – in New York, Ohio, Kansas, Texas and California. Of those, only one person has been hospitalized and all have recovered. That's in contrast to Mexico, where the suspected death toll was at 149, with more than 1,600 cases reported.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5034385/

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:59 am

CarolinaHound wrote:Looks like my state is going to be next.....

N.C. official: Swine flu cases suspected

Posted: Today at 6:00 p.m.
Updated: 31 minutes ago

Raleigh, N.C. — The state's health director said Monday afternoon that there are suspected cases of swine flu in North Carolina, but declined to say how many cases or where they were located.

Dr. Jeffrey Engel said Monday evening that officials are involuntarily isolating patients who may have the virus. He declined to specifically say how many suspected cases were in the state, noting that the number is always changing, and he declined to say where they were located.

"We're working very closely with providers, and they are investigating cases on a daily basis," Engel said. "It's a very fluid situation and there will be suspect cases. People travel all the time."

Investigators were gathering specimens and hope to know whether the cases are "probable" some time Tuesday and will seek confirmations by Wednesday.

Federal health officials have confirmed 40 cases in the United States – in New York, Ohio, Kansas, Texas and California. Of those, only one person has been hospitalized and all have recovered. That's in contrast to Mexico, where the suspected death toll was at 149, with more than 1,600 cases reported.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5034385/

Please be careful my friend

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Swine Flu; April 28, 2009: Over 150 dead in Mexico. One in Spain and Six in Canada. Known cities so far affected by this disease are California, Texas, Kansas, New York State and areas of the Northeast.
No known deaths as of yet in the U.S.
Looks like the big cities wherein a lot of people congregate in large crowds such as subways, bus terminals, airline travel terminals, large resturants and deparment stores, are places that you shouldn't be in/at, at this time, unless it is urgent! Wash your hands and avoid eye contact with your hands. Also, avoid people that are sneezing and coughing.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu May 14, 2009 8:39 am

Well spring has sprung up in our mountain lakes as the ice is now breaking up and melting. Oh crap, that means those darn flatlanders are coming back again to stare and sayh ohh & ahhh and leave trash all over the place. What a way to make a living huh.

Anyway here is a picture of one of our lakes with the ice breaking up. Good fishing there to.
Have a geat day everybody. I love you Very Happy

Image hosted by servimg.com

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Fri May 15, 2009 12:21 pm

'Swine Flu' is supposed to diminish by July, then mutate and come back with a vengance in October.
It is supposed to be a combination of Avian [Bird] Flu strain, Human Flu strain that has been 'contracted' by Swine and mutates therein.
Funny, the Jews in Israel and the Muslims in Egypt are heading up a full - scale slaughter of Pigs. They have historically been suspicious of Pigs or Swine, as in the Bible, which goes back to both of these cultures, pigs were supposed to have evil spirits cast into them and they then ran into a pond and drowned; this as stated...
This all stems from the ancient 'Scape-goat' practice, wherein, anually, an animal [usually thes least expensive] was singled out of one of the village memeber's flocks and all the woes and troubles of everyone in the village was heaped upon this poor animal. It was then beaten, flogged and otherwise cruelly abused and ran out of the vicinity of the village. If it returned, it was killed.
This gives many of us hope - we don't practice this ritual in our civilized countries! Rolling Eyes Suspect What a Face
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri May 15, 2009 3:06 pm

coontie wrote:'Swine Flu' is supposed to diminish by July, then mutate and come back with a vengance in October.
It is supposed to be a combination of Avian [Bird] Flu strain, Human Flu strain that has been 'contracted' by Swine and mutates therein.
Funny, the Jews in Israel and the Muslims in Egypt are heading up a full - scale slaughter of Pigs. They have historically been suspicious of Pigs or Swine, as in the Bible, which goes back to both of these cultures, pigs were supposed to have evil spirits cast into them and they then ran into a pond and drowned; this as stated...
This all stems from the ancient 'Scape-goat' practice, wherein, anually, an animal [usually thes least expensive] was singled out of one of the village memeber's flocks and all the woes and troubles of everyone in the village was heaped upon this poor animal. It was then beaten, flogged and otherwise cruelly abused and ran out of the vicinity of the village. If it returned, it was killed.
This gives many of us hope - we don't practice this ritual in our civilized countries! Rolling Eyes Suspect What a Face

Maybe we should start doing that with our politicians Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Fri May 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Old Timer wrote:
coontie wrote:'Swine Flu' is supposed to diminish by July, then mutate and come back with a vengance in October.

Maybe we should start doing that with our politicians Very Happy

I can imagine which one/s you would choose - you not having any bias, of course! Razz Suspect Razz Interesting as well, how politics always enters the picture... Basketball
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri May 15, 2009 7:44 pm

my news of the day sucks. for me. i think i have the swine flu. i have a cough and a sore throat and it's hard to take a deep breath. it hurts. i can't catch my breath and i feel like i'm drowning. or else, i have a bug.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Fri May 15, 2009 8:16 pm

HotParadox wrote:my news of the day sucks. for me. i think i have the swine flu. i have a cough and a sore throat and it's hard to take a deep breath. it hurts. i can't catch my breath and i feel like i'm drowning. or else, i have a bug.

sorry you're hurting, H.P. Hope things improve soon! Smile I love you Wink

Last edited by coontie on Fri May 15, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Fri May 15, 2009 8:17 pm

HotParadox wrote:my news of the day sucks. for me. i think i have the swine flu. i have a cough and a sore throat and it's hard to take a deep breath. it hurts. i can't catch my breath and i feel like i'm drowning. or else, i have a bug.
... or pneumonia. Get to a Dr. pronto!!
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri May 15, 2009 8:18 pm

With you it wouldn't be swine flu. More like bella signora flu. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri May 15, 2009 8:43 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

With you it wouldn't be swine flu. More like bella signora flu. Very Happy
yay!!!that's funny and you made me smile. I love you I love you 🐶
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri May 15, 2009 8:44 pm

coontie wrote:

sorry you're hurting, H.P. Hope things improve soon! Smile I love you Wink
thanks cootie. just hearing from you makes my mood feel much happier!
xov I love you cat
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri May 15, 2009 8:48 pm

PaulM wrote:
that's what i was thinking earlier today. i used to get it almost every year after the kids were born. i was worn out with 4 kids in 5 years and i got run down. it used to hurt my back to breath with it, and that's how it feels now. it's been coming for a week, slow but sure, whatever it is.

thank you so much paul. you've got enough on your plate; i feel guilty that you would even respond to my whining. I love you cat I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat May 16, 2009 9:34 am

HotParadox wrote:
PaulM wrote:
that's what i was thinking earlier today. i used to get it almost every year after the kids were born. i was worn out with 4 kids in 5 years and i got run down. it used to hurt my back to breath with it, and that's how it feels now. it's been coming for a week, slow but sure, whatever it is.

thank you so much paul. you've got enough on your plate; i feel guilty that you would even respond to my whining. I love you cat I love you

Hey, you get your behind to a doctor and do it ASAP. No disrespect intended but as we get older it can hit us harder and is harder to get rid of. Don't take any channces. Don't make me go and get the Dawg and come up there. I love you I love you I love you

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat May 16, 2009 11:46 am

thank you ot. i'm not getting older, though. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat May 16, 2009 1:04 pm

They're right. You need to get to a doctor.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat May 16, 2009 2:51 pm

i'm giving it until monday, tops. i'm not gonna lie, if i was scary sick, i would have gone by now. i really think it's just spring bug.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat May 16, 2009 4:15 pm

HotParadox wrote:i'm giving it until monday, tops. i'm not gonna lie, if i was scary sick, i would have gone by now. i really think it's just spring bug.

Hey, I thought that you said that the Dawg and I were the only bugs around here. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sat May 16, 2009 4:56 pm

All the best HP!

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat May 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Theophilus wrote:All the best HP!
thanks, theo. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat May 16, 2009 6:11 pm

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:i'm giving it until monday, tops. i'm not gonna lie, if i was scary sick, i would have gone by now. i really think it's just spring bug.

Hey, I thought that you said that the Dawg and I were the only bugs around here. Very Happy
looks like you guys have company! you bugs always find me. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun May 17, 2009 9:50 am

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

looks like you guys have company! you bugs always find me. Very Happy

That is just becuse you are just so bugable dear. Hope your better. I love you

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon May 18, 2009 3:08 pm

as of the writing of this, only Wy. and WV have not had any cases of swine flu, please be careful everyone.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Mon May 18, 2009 4:12 pm

4/18/2009 - Monday; Northern City, think Michigan or Wisconsin, doesn't matter; the local 911 operator got a call... The caller said he was "dead serious, this was not a prank call [should have been a hint there, already!] - something to the effect that he and some friends had spotted a really big Black Panther Cat hding in some bushes in a local park". The cops were dispatched out there. They saw the animal, sneaked up and 'tased' it with their Taser guns. It turned out that the thing was a big stuffed toy. They said they felt like idiots.
I wonder what they would have done if it had been a REAL Black Panther? Those things are mean and vicious enough, if they had tased it and it would have been real, it would have easily taken them all out. When will they learn, in such REAL cases to take a animal and wildlife expert with a tranquilizer gun out and shoot the damn thing from a distance, wait for it to go to sleep and then either take it to the zoo or if some other natural, local wild creature, just relocate it. Rolling Eyes Suspect
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Mon May 25, 2009 6:31 pm

5-25-2009

Mother and young son with Hodkings-Lymphoma returns to family in Minnesota, after being on the run as this Mother doesn't believe in 'ordinary medicine', namely, since he has cancer, the chemotherpahy treatments.
She believes in holistic/natural healing methods. Using herbs and native american ceremony.
I'v participated in native american ceremony and have used some herbs in the past for medicinal purposes. However, his best chance at a cure is the chemotherapy. Even native americans are saying he should have ceremony and also use the chemotheraphy.
Seems as though somehow, she finally came to her senses and probably avoided going to jail and posssibly some problems with custody of the boy. The parents were under court order to get chemotherpahy, as the boy is a minor. Now, he stands a 90 - 95 percent chance of being cured - for at least five years.
My wife had Lymphoma and had nine chemotherpahy treatments and is now clear of any tumors.

Last edited by coontie on Mon May 25, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon May 25, 2009 10:22 pm

coontie wrote:5-25-2009

Mother and young son with Hodkings-Lymphoma returns to family in Minnesota, after being on the run as this Mother doesn't believe in 'ordinary medicine', namely, since he has cancer, the chemotherpahy treatments.
She believes in holistic/natural healing methods. Using herbs and native american ceremony.
I'v participated in native american ceremony and have used some hebs in the past for medicinal purposes. However, his best chance at a cure is the chemotherapy. Even native americans are saying he should have ceremony and also use the chemotheraphy.
Seems as though somehow, she finally came to her senses and probably avoided going to jail and posssibly some problems with custody of the boy. The parents were under court order to get chemotherpahy, as the boy is a minor. Now, he stands a 90 - 95 percent chance of being cured - for at least five years.
My wife had Lymphoma and had nine chemotherpahy treatments and is now clear of any tumors.

And we pray that she stays free of any cancer my friend. I love you

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon May 25, 2009 10:28 pm

Least we forget.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon May 25, 2009 10:50 pm

coontie wrote:5-25-2009

I'v participated in native american ceremony and have used some hebs in the past for medicinal purposes. However, his best chance at a cure is the chemotherapy. Even native americans are saying he should have ceremony and also use the chemotheraphy.

I'll be praying they never return.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Mon May 25, 2009 11:01 pm

Old Timer wrote:Least we forget.

wish we could figure out a way to put an end to this obviously favorite [sadly] human past-time. I watch on t.v. as they are memoralized; young, bright, full of life and looking toward their furture rewards. War is no place to send our youth and squander their lives, that they have yet to fully realize. I reflect on them as I do my own: we accept them into our arms when they come into this world, love them, protect them, feed them the best we can put on the table, try to get them the best of medical care and education, event to the extent that some go to college. Such as one I heard of today; graduated magna-cum-laude from college, then went to Iraq and killed at 28 years of age. How is it that we send these our youth, our futures, into harms way, where in an instant, all that a parent has done for them and all that they aspire toward the future, is silenced, brought to an abrupt and violent end.
Seems like it would be better to send the older men - trouble is, most wouldn't fight, as they would be reflecting on the ridicolus plight that war repersents; one solved, others waiting, in the future. All because we humans have as yet achieved evolution, so as to rise above such stupidity and squalor.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue May 26, 2009 12:44 am

coontie wrote:

wish we could figure out a way to put an end to this obviously favorite [sadly] human past-time. I watch on t.v. as they are memoralized; young, bright, full of life and looking toward their furture rewards. War is no place to send our youth and squander their lives, that they have yet to fully realize. I reflect on them as I do my own: we accept them into our arms when they come into this world, love them, protect them, feed them the best we can put on the table, try to get them the best of medical care and education, event to the extent that some go to college. Such as one I heard of today; graduated magna-cum-laude from college, then went to Iraq and killed at 28 years of age. How is it that we send these our youth, our futures, into harms way, where in an instant, all that a parent has done for them and all that they aspire toward the future, is silenced, brought to an abrupt and violent end.
Seems like it would be better to send the older men - trouble is, most wouldn't fight, as they would be reflecting on the ridicolus plight that war repersents; one solved, others waiting, in the future. All because we humans have as yet achieved evolution, so as to rise above such stupidity and squalor.

So well said Coontie. I think we should send the polititions and buracrats that start these wars to fight them before we even think about sending our children. It should be a law that the president and congress will be first on the battlefield. No excuses accepted and no parties exempt. If they're able to start them, they damn well should be able to fight them.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue May 26, 2009 10:37 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
coontie wrote:

So well said Coontie. I think we should send the polititions and buracrats that start these wars to fight them before we even think about sending our children. It should be a law that the president and congress will be first on the battlefield. No excuses accepted and no parties exempt. If they're able to start them, they damn well should be able to fight them.

That sure as hell gets my vote.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DM007 Tue May 26, 2009 11:25 am

Rather than the leaders/politicians themselves, I suggest their legacies (offspring, all of them). It would likely spawn more responsible decisions. Kids not old enough? Don't have any yet? That's OK. We'll wait.

DM007

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Tue May 26, 2009 1:37 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
coontie wrote:

Interesting new avatar C.H. - that's one of those Saturn images; there are worse and there are better circumstances, situations that are depicted, repersented by this energy... Somehow, it is all good. What is new, begins, is created, ALL, eventually must end. Mystery is: it makes way for the new. And somehow, in the scheme of it all [another mystery] we do make evolutionary progress, however painfully, however slow. It is difficult with we humans to relinquish, give up things... On the otrher side of the situation is that we often find pain and anguish in accepting what is new and different, strange. We seek to remain in some ideal, comfortable place, where it seems that all things are as we desire. Eventually though, we tire of this and want change. With change comes the new, different and strange. Then, there are new areas, places of pain and anguish; E're the 'twain' shall meet. That is all part of that Saturn friction and tension, as well. It is the pivotal point, the fuilcrum of all of the circumstances of our life. Without it, there would be no life.
Peace to all...
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Tue May 26, 2009 1:42 pm

DM007 wrote:Rather than the leaders/politicians themselves, I suggest their legacies (offspring, all of them). It would likely spawn more responsible decisions. Kids not old enough? Don't have any yet? That's OK. We'll wait.

Agreed - the other side as well. With the Muslims, send the Mullahs to war to fight and get killed like the youths that they brainwash to fly airplanes into buidlings that they cannot even begin to envision, or care to, how to build. As well, the youths that at the selcted time are 'triggered', activated, to strap a belt of explosives on to their body and walk into a crowded area of innocent people and detonate. Enough of that and there would be an end to that fantaicism that emeges from fundmanetalist zealots that the Mullahs create.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue May 26, 2009 2:22 pm

coontie wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
coontie wrote:

Interesting new avatar C.H. - that's one of those Saturn images; there are worse and there are better circumstances, situations that are depicted, repersented by this energy... Somehow, it is all good. What is new, begins, is created, ALL, eventually must end. Mystery is: it makes way for the new. And somehow, in the scheme of it all [another mystery] we do make evolutionary progress, however painfully, however slow. It is difficult with we humans to relinquish, give up things... On the otrher side of the situation is that we often find pain and anguish in accepting what is new and different, strange. We seek to remain in some ideal, comfortable place, where it seems that all things are as we desire. Eventually though, we tire of this and want change. With change comes the new, different and strange. Then, there are new areas, places of pain and anguish; E're the 'twain' shall meet. That is all part of that Saturn friction and tension, as well. It is the pivotal point, the fuilcrum of all of the circumstances of our life. Without it, there would be no life.
Peace to all...

Really? I just thought I was into vampires and stuck a piece of my head onto a vampire skull pic I had, thought it looked cool. Guess I do have a dark side though. Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue May 26, 2009 3:27 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
coontie wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
coontie wrote:

Peace to all...

Really? I just thought I was into vampires and stuck a piece of my head onto a vampire skull pic I had, thought it looked cool. Guess I do have a dark side though. Wink

But ya still don't look any better I love you Razz lol!

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next