Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is this not making the news???

+4
HotParadox
Jax74
Old Timer
Big Slick
8 posters

Go down

Why is this not making the news??? Empty Why is this not making the news???

Post by Big Slick Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:35 pm

Has anyone heard about this? I don't know the full ramifications this will have but it seems like a big deal. It seems like the start of Succession talk. Isn't this exactly what started the first civil war - states rights? This has flown under the radar. I live in Texas and haven't heard much about it.

April 9, 2009

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry today joined state Rep. Brandon Creighton and sponsors of House Concurrent Resolution (HCR) 50 in support of states’ rights under the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state,” Gov. Perry said. “That is why I am here today to express my unwavering support for efforts all across our country to reaffirm the states’ rights affirmed by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union.”

A number of recent federal proposals are not within the scope of the federal government’s constitutionally designated powers and impede the states’ right to govern themselves. HCR 50 affirms that Texas claims sovereignty under the 10th Amendment over all powers not otherwise granted to the federal government.

It also designates that all compulsory federal legislation that requires states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties, or that requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding, be prohibited or repealed.

HCR 50 is authored by Representatives Brandon Creighton, Leo Berman, Bryan Hughes, Dan Gattis and Ryan Guillen.

To view the full text of the resolution, please visit:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/81R/billtext/html/HC00050I.htm.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Why is this not making the news??? Empty Re: Why is this not making the news???

Post by Old Timer Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Big Slick wrote:Has anyone heard about this? I don't know the full ramifications this will have but it seems like a big deal. It seems like the start of Succession talk. Isn't this exactly what started the first civil war - states rights? This has flown under the radar. I live in Texas and haven't heard much about it.

April 9, 2009

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry today joined state Rep. Brandon Creighton and sponsors of House Concurrent Resolution (HCR) 50 in support of states’ rights under the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state,” Gov. Perry said. “That is why I am here today to express my unwavering support for efforts all across our country to reaffirm the states’ rights affirmed by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union.”

A number of recent federal proposals are not within the scope of the federal government’s constitutionally designated powers and impede the states’ right to govern themselves. HCR 50 affirms that Texas claims sovereignty under the 10th Amendment over all powers not otherwise granted to the federal government.

It also designates that all compulsory federal legislation that requires states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties, or that requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding, be prohibited or repealed.

HCR 50 is authored by Representatives Brandon Creighton, Leo Berman, Bryan Hughes, Dan Gattis and Ryan Guillen.

I doubt if the feds want it known, besides it could be the start of something here.
Sure do hope they treaed carefully.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Big Slick wrote:Has anyone heard about this? I don't know the full ramifications this will have but it seems like a big deal. It seems like the start of Succession talk. Isn't this exactly what started the first civil war - states rights? This has flown under the radar. I live in Texas and haven't heard much about it.

April 9, 2009

I dont think Texas is the only state glancing in that direction. The federal Govt. has become exactly the sort of thing the founders hoped to avoid.

If Texas succeeds im moving there.

Jax74

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:06 pm

it's old news in boston. it's been going strong 10 miles north of my neck of the woods.
watch the vid and see how mainstream this is getting. it's spreading like wild fire:

HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:12 pm

As I understand the beginnings of the American Civil War... this is, pretty much, what it was all about. The issue of slavery was added later by the Federals as a ploy to deter England & France from recognizing the Confederacy (Emancipation Proclamation)... it worked & the rest was history. It also explains why nobody from the Confederate government or any state that seceded was charged with treason after the war... it would have opened up a constitutional debate.

9th Amendment: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
10th Amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Good luck to Texas and New Hampshire... I would expect this to be settled in the Supreme Court, rather than on the field of battle, this time out.
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:28 pm

PaulM wrote:As I understand the beginnings of the American Civil War... this is, pretty much, what it was all about. The issue of slavery was added later by the Federals as a ploy to deter England & France from recognizing the Confederacy (Emancipation Proclamation)... it worked & the rest was history. It also explains why nobody from the Confederate government or any state that seceded was charged with treason after the war... it would have opened up a constitutional debate.

9th Amendment: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
10th Amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Good luck to Texas and New Hampshire... I would expect this to be settled in the Supreme Court, rather than on the field of battle, this time out.

Don't you go spoilin' it fer us! We gonna git up and git er done this time.!

Why is this not making the news??? RetroBeverlyHillbillies62

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:39 pm

paul, the guy in the beck interview said it was now more than twenty states involved! assuming he's correct, that's a lot of fighting that the supreme court will be hearing and it would behoove the court to listen and listen well.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:23 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

🐶
Why is this not making the news??? Stewie10
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:24 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

🐶

yup

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:02 pm

ohhhhhhhhhhh ya
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:27 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

🐶

yup

My kind of folks. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:40 am

i know.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:50 am

Since we've digressed from topic... Laughing

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:29 am

oh, i love that one. stewie is steve when steve was little. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:39 am

HotParadox wrote:oh, i love that one. stewie is steve when steve was little. Very Happy

lol Laughing

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:00 am

HotParadox wrote:paul, the guy in the beck interview said it was now more than twenty states involved! assuming he's correct, that's a lot of fighting that the supreme court will be hearing and it would behoove the court to listen and listen well.
Absolutely. I tried to find a list of the states, but couldn't. Would you happen to know which states are doing this?
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:23 am

PaulM wrote:
HotParadox wrote:paul, the guy in the beck interview said it was now more than twenty states involved! assuming he's correct, that's a lot of fighting that the supreme court will be hearing and it would behoove the court to listen and listen well.
Absolutely. I tried to find a list of the states, but couldn't. Would you happen to know which states are doing this?
this has a lot of info:
http://supportbordercontrols.blogspot.com/2009/02/american-states-want-to-secede-from.html

Why is this not making the news??? States10
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:28 am

so far, i will not be a foreigner like the rest of the citizens of other new england states. i will proudly wave the red, white and blue. so far. Very Happy

i'm old-fashioned. i'd rather just piss and moan about it and sit on my ass and do nothing, except appreciate this great nation of ours, flaws and all, and have faith that we're going to be just fine Suspect. fingers crossed. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:36 am

HotParadox wrote:so far, i will not be a foreigner like the rest of the citizens of other new england states. i will proudly wave the red, white and blue. so far. Very Happy

i'm old-fashioned. i'd rather just piss and moan about it and sit on my ass and do nothing, except appreciate this great nation of ours, flaws and all, and have faith that we're going to be just fine Suspect. fingers crossed. Very Happy

I have sent this to all on my e/m list. I have also written to my governor and sent it to him as well. Why not join in and do the same. If you don't do something then you have no right to complain do you. As history can atest to, there is no louder noise on this planet than the voice of the people when raised in unison for the common good of all. It looks like the time is coming and the line in the sand is being drawn. On which side will you stand on.

http://supportbordercontrols.blogspot.com/2009/02/american-states-want-to-secede-from.html

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:so far, i will not be a foreigner like the rest of the citizens of other new england states. i will proudly wave the red, white and blue. so far. Very Happy

I have sent this to all on my e/m list. I have also written to my governor and sent it to him as well. Why not join in and do the same. If you don't do something then you have no right to complain do you. As history can atest to, there is no louder noise on this planet than the voice of the people when raised in unison for the common good of all. It looks like the time is coming and the line in the sand is being drawn. On which side will you stand on.

'cuz like recycling and global warming, i'm leaving it to the next generation to worry about:namely my kids. it's about time they did something for me and, in the meantime, i'm not complaining about jack. Very Happy

i'll stand on the side directly behind my kids, pushing them in the right direction. queen
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:39 pm

I didn't vote anyone into office so I got all the right in the world to complain about the mess the rest of you have created. tongue lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:43 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I didn't vote anyone into office so I got all the right in the world to complain about the mess the rest of you have created. tongue lol!
Suspect hmm, very astute doggieboy. i didn't vote this dope into office either. maybe i will complain... bounce i'm such a complainer bitch. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:45 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

'cuz like recycling and global warming, i'm leaving it to the next generation to worry about:namely my kids. it's about time they did something for me and, in the meantime, i'm not complaining about jack. Very Happy

i'll stand on the side directly behind my kids, pushing them in the right direction. queen

Well my dear HP I will be willing to bet a nice and brand new shiny nickle that if things don't go the way you think they should, that you will not be on the sidelines but right out in front with the rest of us bitching like all get out. The very nature of your species ( female ) says ya will. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

Well my dear HP I will be willing to bet a nice and brand new shiny nickle that if things don't go the way you think they should, that you will not be on the sidelines but right out in front with the rest of us bitching like all get out. The very nature of your species ( female ) says ya will. Very Happy

yup.... yup... yea... Neutral

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:59 pm

yup, i know.......but it's nice to see the kids get all worked up and doing this. don't forget, my oldest son, Guy, was a front guy in the New England Ron Paul movement, and still is. the whole family helped in the campaign, but he was in there knee deep, every day for well over a year.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:23 pm

HotParadox wrote:yup, i know.......but it's nice to see the kids get all worked up and doing this. don't forget, my oldest son, Guy, was a front guy in the New England Ron Paul movement, and still is. the whole family helped in the campaign, but he was in there knee deep, every day for well over a year.

Kudo's for him. Doing what you believe in is good as long as it is right. Like Davey Crockett said, be sure your right, then go ahead.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:53 pm

thank you, ot.
fairly good advice from davey, i guess. a little timid for our family, though. we tell our kids, "... don't be afraid to try-don't be afraid to fail. if you believe in yourself, if you believe you are right-then have faith in yourselves and give it a shot. you can't succeed if you don't try and if you do fail, make corrections and try again. how do you know if you're right or wrong, how can you succeed unless you try?..." is what we always advise our children.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:32 pm

To get back to the original thought of this thread for a second. What are your thoughts on where this country is going with all that is going on today. I personally think that in sthe next year to a year and a half we will see some changes take place both here and in the world that have been coming for a long time.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Old Timer wrote:To get back to the original thought of this thread for a second. What are your thoughts on where this country is going with all that is going on today. I personally think that in sthe next year to a year and a half we will see some changes take place both here and in the world that have been coming for a long time.
i think you hit the nail on the head.

so did biden when he said that bo will be faced with some serious shiz
in the first 6 months of office. what did he mean with that curious
statement, huh???
*bailouts? check (we're in that hell, aren't we)
*revolution? check (think teaparty)
*terrorist attacks.............................? (well we are
arrogant sobs. we're not??? that's what the world thinks,
and if some didn't, they do now cuz our prez said so. he may as well
have just thrown in that we're also weak bastards, too... ripe for a whippin')
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lexx Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:10 pm

in TRUTH we'd all like to succeed from the rule of LAW? those that dont are merely advantaged by the laws existence? for by the law is death revealed in heart of purpose and all men are due death as a reward for there iniquities? some just 'got smart' and made the law their creed and faith and so fooled the ignorant and simple into submittance for profit and exploitation? the pyramid scheme was perfected for the sheep to follow! and so they did to everlasting glory? someday i may just/atually agree with what i write!! drunken
lexx
lexx

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:57 am

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:To get back to the original thought of this thread for a second. What are your thoughts on where this country is going with all that is going on today. I personally think that in sthe next year to a year and a half we will see some changes take place both here and in the world that have been coming for a long time.

statement, huh???
The Tea Parties were a start. Not much media coverage, but they were a start. Terrorist attacks? You betcha. They'll happen. Just as sure as apples are green. Don't know when or where... but they'll happen.

The "states rights" movement appears to show the most promise of raising more than a few eye-brows in Washington. That will come when a state declares a Federal regulation/law/ruling/Executive Order invalid. IF the state has the fortitude to stick to their position and doesn't permit itself to be bought off.
It's not to the point of secession... yet, just assertion and that may be all that is needed.

What is of interest also is what reaction the Federal gov might have to a state that asserts it's 10th amendment rights?
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:49 am

PaulM wrote:What is of interest also is what reaction the Federal gov might have to a state that asserts it's 10th amendment rights?

Well the answer to that is simple.

They will do what they always do. Threaten the state that stands up for itself by not sending any money from the federal government until the state agrees with the policies set forth by the federal government.

One solution, and a difficult one is for the states to accept no money what so ever by the federal government.

Pardon me, I see you already pretty much said as much in your post after re-reading it.

I am not sure what is going to happen, though people are upset. Of that there is no doubt.

The media is completely inept. They are not properly telling the story of how angry people in this country are, and the reasons why.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:41 am

Theophilus wrote: The media is completely inept. They are not properly telling the story of how angry people in this country are, and the reasons why.

I think that's why so few bother to keep up with politics. All the media is so partisan to one side or the other that you have to watch them all then decipher what is bs and what is fact with no solid evidence that any of it is true. Most people just don't have the time, and few can stand to sit through all the crap to get to the semi-facts even if they had the time.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:44 am

PaulM wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

statement, huh???
The Tea Parties were a start. Not much media coverage, but they were a start. Terrorist attacks? You betcha. They'll happen. Just as sure as apples are green. Don't know when or where... but they'll happen.

The "states rights" movement appears to show the most promise of raising more than a few eye-brows in Washington. That will come when a state declares a Federal regulation/law/ruling/Executive Order invalid. IF the state has the fortitude to stick to their position and doesn't permit itself to be bought off.
It's not to the point of secession... yet, just assertion and that may be all that is needed.

What is of interest also is what reaction the Federal gov might have to a state that asserts it's 10th amendment rights?
paul, the media is an ass. they chose to ignore the tea parties, to
mock the tea parties with the vulgar phrase teabagging, and to depict the millions of
american citizens who are FED UP as fringe lunatics. they can ignore, mock and depict for
only so long. revolution is in the air and that air is made up of young
kids/voters like my own who will not let cnn thwart their mission: to
bring this great country of ours back to it's origins, namely the frame makers
and the constitution.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:27 am

HotParadox wrote:
PaulM wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

statement, huh???

paul, the media is an ass. they chose to ignore the tea parties, to
mock the tea parties with the vulgar phrase teabagging, and to depict the millions of
american citizens who are FED UP as fringe lunatics. they can ignore, mock and depict for
only so long. revolution is in the air and that air is made up of young
kids/voters like my own who will not let cnn thwart their mission: to
bring this great country of ours back to it's origins, namely the frame makers
and the constitution.

I honestly do believe that things will get a lot worse before it starts to get better. Everyone kept saying give obama time and see what he will do. Well he is off to a really great start of really screwing things up that is for sure. And the way it is going it don't look like he is going to do any better at all. On this mornings news, Obama will now rebuild America by building a bullet train system here similar to the one in Europe. He has just pledged another 18 billioin for it. Gee I sure wish I could spend like he does. But of course he don't have to pay any of it back. We do. Evil or Very Mad

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down