Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions

+14
Theophilus
PaulM
Susan aka CV
Kazza
Put It Out There Baby
luciano
Americanadian
Night-Reaper
Sir Bonvolio
Peregrine(Endangered)
CarolinaHound
coontie
Old Timer
HotParadox
18 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:47 pm

HotParadox wrote:They don't? hmm.... Shocked

I don't know I was just being a smartass. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:50 pm

coontie wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Still true. Anyways, what's this about my favorite treat in the world, scones? I even posted some recipes from England, in my Recipe Swap thread. At least they came from a British cookbook.

I make scones every Sunday along with bacon and scrambled eggs or eggs scrambled with lox. I serve the scones with barely whipped cream (almost like your clotted cream it is so softly whipped) and raspberry jam. Scones are a real tradition in Boston. And we drink A LOT of tea. In fact, we are so serious about our tea over here, that I believe we started a bit of battle with you guys over it, if memory serves me. Very Happy

Yes, I love the taste and texture of fish, even plain. Pan fried seabass is beautiful, salmon en papillote is awesome, just with light seasoning and some rosemary....mmmm....

I've always wondered what other nations stereotypes of the English are.

I've just noticed that Boston is on the same latitude as where my uncle lives.

I love scones...
Well, if you ever visit Boston you will notice that it is England. Period. Our roots are British and our culture is British based. The city looks like England as opposed to LA or NY. We have the most British (Scottish and Irish included) residents in the nation. I mean, England is Boston's history. When I went to England, I just thought I was home. The people, too. We copied you, I think is how it goes, and not the other way around. Even the way we talk. We do not sound like the dopes on youtube and in movies that pretend to have a Boston accent. Not even close. We say Mum and B-ah-th and l-ah-f (laugh) and drink the most tea in the nation. New England style cooking is very British, as well. There is a famous expression that refers to us as Proper Bostonians, as in how the Brits are proper. pig

Btw, where does your uncle live?

Salem, Mass. is also where they had the Witch Trails - yeah, alll of those young girls nbanding together and having seizures [fake] and pulling their hair and vomiting and pointing fingers and sayineg: 'yes, yes, yes, she has put a spell on me, possessed me, made me do terrible, evil things... Interesting, it was later observed that theses were 'Pubescent' Girls. It was stated this had something to do with that.
By the way, is this 'off topic'? Twisted Evil Razz

Of course, women can get away with anything as long as they are PMS'ing. What a Face

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:00 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
coontie wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Still true. Anyways, what's this about my favorite treat in the world, scones? I even posted some recipes from England, in my Recipe Swap thread. At least they came from a British cookbook.

I make scones every Sunday along with bacon and scrambled eggs or eggs scrambled with lox. I serve the scones with barely whipped cream (almost like your clotted cream it is so softly whipped) and raspberry jam. Scones are a real tradition in Boston. And we drink A LOT of tea. In fact, we are so serious about our tea over here, that I believe we started a bit of battle with you guys over it, if memory serves me. Very Happy

Yes, I love the taste and texture of fish, even plain. Pan fried seabass is beautiful, salmon en papillote is awesome, just with light seasoning and some rosemary....mmmm....

I love scones...
Well, if you ever visit Boston you will notice that it is England. Period. Our roots are British and our culture is British based. The city looks like England as opposed to LA or NY. We have the most British (Scottish and Irish included) residents in the nation. I mean, England is Boston's history. When I went to England, I just thought I was home. The people, too. We copied you, I think is how it goes, and not the other way around. Even the way we talk. We do not sound like the dopes on youtube and in movies that pretend to have a Boston accent. Not even close. We say Mum and B-ah-th and l-ah-f (laugh) and drink the most tea in the nation. New England style cooking is very British, as well. There is a famous expression that refers to us as Proper Bostonians, as in how the Brits are proper. pig

Salem, Mass. is also where they had the Witch Trails - yeah, alll of those young girls nbanding together and having seizures [fake] and pulling their hair and vomiting and pointing fingers and sayineg: 'yes, yes, yes, she has put a spell on me, possessed me, made me do terrible, evil things... Interesting, it was later observed that theses were 'Pubescent' Girls. It was stated this had something to do with that.

Of course, women can get away with anything as long as they are PMS'ing. What a Face

Nawww... this is just as they are 'becoming women'. Meaning the HORMONES HAVE BEEN RELEASED! Then, God help the men. And in the P.M.S. stage - that is when there is HELL TO PAY! Shocked Cool Twisted Evil Razz
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:18 pm

coontie wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

I love scones...

Haha! Maybe I should make a thread called "Really Random Back-Talk/Off Off-Topic Discussions"!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:21 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

You're not 'smart' anything. Maybe you we're just being a jack-ass.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:25 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
coontie wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

I love scones...

Pleas stay on-topic. Thank you.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:43 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

You're not 'smart' anything. Maybe you we're just being a jack-ass.

I'm smarter than you. tongue

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:49 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
coontie wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

I love scones...

Pleas stay on-topic. Thank you.

The name of the thread is "RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions", so off topic is on topic and you've created an oxymoron. But then, the moron would have to be involved in anything you create though, doesn't it? scratch Neutral

I am just picking, please take that un-literaly. Who loves ya baby! lol!

Last edited by CarolinaHound on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't want da gramma cops on me butt)

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:52 pm

I will add an addendum then, to my opening post. It will say "Nothing is off-topic except if you are doggieboy".

And your small print is stupid.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:58 pm

HotParadox wrote:I will add an addendum then, to my opening post. It will say "Nothing is off-topic except if you are doggieboy".

It will say "Nothing is off-topic unless you are doggieboy". rabbit

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:00 pm

HotParadox wrote:

If it annoys you I find it quite intelligent and funny. Can't please everyone I guess.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:04 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

If it annoys you I find it quite intelligent and funny. Can't please everyone I guess.
Well, if you find it quite intelligent and funny, then as I pointed out before, that's because you're a jack-ass; now isn't it?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:07 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Well, if you find it quite intelligent and funny, then as I pointed out before, that's because you're a jack-ass; now isn't it?

That would be correct, Einstein! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:41 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

That would be correct, Einstein! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Good. Finally you admit it.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:48 pm

Never denied it.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:13 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Night-Reaper wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
RANDOM BACK-TALK

We're all guilty!affraid

I thought that we might try this and see how it works out.

Here's the deal:

If you find that you and another member(s) are really going mad off-topic, this is the place to take your off-topic discussions, just so we don't clutter up threads with a lot of random back-talk!

Nobody is going to flip out if you don't do this but if you find that you and another/others are going off on an extended personal/
unrelated tangent, then you might want to shoot it over here. bounce

Just a note. No one has complained to me about members going off-topic.
You can blame me alone for this! I just thought it was a fun/courteous idea. If most of you don't like this idea, speak up and I will remove this thread. I love you
Here is a nice idea from the #1 moderator, HP!
Why, thank you my dear Knight in Shining Armor. Wait. That would be 'Night' in Shining Armor. Oh, whatever. Thank you. I love you
You are always welcome HP!
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Night-Reaper wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
RANDOM BACK-TALK

We're all guilty!affraid

Here's the deal:

If you find that you and another member(s) are really going mad off-topic, this is the place to take your off-topic discussions, just so we don't clutter up threads with a lot of random back-talk!

Nobody is going to flip out if you don't do this but if you find that you and another/others are going off on an extended personal/

You can blame me alone for this! I just thought it was a fun/courteous idea. If most of you don't like this idea, speak up and I will remove this thread. I love you
Why, thank you my dear Knight in Shining Armor. Wait. That would be 'Night' in Shining Armor. Oh, whatever. Thank you. I love you

Well I don't know about that number one spot yet. hehehehe Razz

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:28 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Anyways, the Pollock sounds to die for. Did you know that in Italy, you never put cheese on fish? Even in a fish sauce on pasta. Never. I think some Pope made that rule. I'll have to check with AC, just to make sure if an ancient Pope is responsible for that. Very Happy

Oh look, HP made a Haha... Razz
Americanadian
Americanadian

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Americanadian wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Anyways, the Pollock sounds to die for. Did you know that in Italy, you never put cheese on fish? Even in a fish sauce on pasta. Never. I think some Pope made that rule. I'll have to check with AC, just to make sure if an ancient Pope is responsible for that. Very Happy

Oh ya, and I bet you laughed your ass off. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:40 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Americanadian wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Oh ya, and I bet you laughed your ass off. Very Happy

It definitely made me smile. LOL..
Americanadian
Americanadian

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:08 am

Just noticed, we have posted over 10,000 posts on the forum, that didnt take long. Very Happy
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:39 am

luciano wrote:Just noticed, we have posted over 10,000 posts on the forum, that didnt take long. Very Happy
That's awesome, L. You really saved the day with this idea that you had. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:22 am

Why does Mumbles troll the same forum he moderates? Razz It is entertaining in a way, maybe that's his goal. He just picks a story out the news and blames it on the Prez, lol.

http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=115435

http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=115459

Thanks HP, you guys made this place what it is so fast though!
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:47 am

luciano wrote:Why does Mumbles troll the same forum he moderates? Razz It is entertaining in a way, maybe that's his goal. He just picks a story out the news and blames it on the Prez, lol.

Hey, L. I don't think Mumbles is a Moderator anymore. It says Senior Member under his avatar now and not Moderator anymore. Do you know how to bring up the page that shows who the Mods are? I don't know how to find that page.

And thank you very much. cat
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:50 am

Old Timer wrote:
Night-Reaper wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Night-Reaper wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
RANDOM BACK-TALK

We're all guilty!affraid

Here's the deal:

Well I don't know about that number one spot yet. hehehehe Razz
Hey, how did I miss this diss you tossed my way yesterday. Very Happy Watch it, geezman! clown
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:56 am

HotParadox wrote:
luciano wrote:Why does Mumbles troll the same forum he moderates? Razz It is entertaining in a way, maybe that's his goal. He just picks a story out the news and blames it on the Prez, lol.

Hey, L. I don't think Mumbles is a Moderator anymore. It says Senior Member under his avatar now and not Moderator anymore. Do you know how to bring up the page that shows who the Mods are? I don't know how to find that page.

I been trying to figure that out myself, I heard you guys saying they had 4 new ones, I wanted to see who they were. I cant find any link that identifies who the mods are.

I will say this, they are doing a good job of keeping the spam and other garbage off the site, whoever they are.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:57 am

Also, I cant believe Im even saying this, but Im worried about DChristie, he hasnt posted in 24 days.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:06 am

luciano wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

I been trying to figure that out myself, I heard you guys saying they had 4 new ones, I wanted to see who they were. I cant find any link that identifies who the mods are.

I will say this, they are doing a good job of keeping the spam and other garbage off the site, whoever they are.
I talk to Stephanie a lot. I'm gonna ask her how.

As far as DC, ya, he's been gone for a long time, but don't forget he doesn't have anybody to debate fight with over there anymore that's of his caliber, for the most part. All the good ones are here and he's not gonna duke it out with mumbles. I think he's OK. Stephanie talks to him and she would have mentioned it to me if something was wrong.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:38 am

Just felt like posting this, because I love this song, yeah I got a little country in me. Cool

Great Lyrics!!