Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions

+14
Theophilus
PaulM
Susan aka CV
Kazza
Put It Out There Baby
luciano
Americanadian
Night-Reaper
Sir Bonvolio
Peregrine(Endangered)
CarolinaHound
coontie
Old Timer
HotParadox
18 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:07 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Hey, sir; did you get my link to the Recipe Swap thread? Go post some Fish 'n Chips or something else wrapped in unappetizing newspaper.

I was actually debating sharing some of the recipes I picked up/invented/stole at work. Although it's all in my head, so writing out a method with measurements is nearly impossible... Some paprika, a bit of butter, dash of magic, etc.

Now, have you tried beer batter? (Homemade on fresh fish obviously?)

If you happen to be on facebook there is a group called 'I judge you when you use bad grammer', which would be right up your street I feel. (I'm all about correcting grammer, it's almost a reflex now!)

king
That's funny! You definitely should post some of your stolen stuff. Guys always say stuff like "a pinch of...". We get it, so you should post some of them.

Ya, I make this batter with Guinness all the time, lol. I'm on facebook, so I'll have a peek and steal some of your stolen stuff, ohahaha.

[It's awesome that you are OCD about grammar, like me. Now, go correct your spelling mistakes. Never mind; I will: 'I judge you when you use bad grammer' grammar.
And while I'm at it, I may as well correct your punctuation, too. Wait. it's a two-fer: (I'm all about correcting grammer grammar , ; it's almost a reflex now!)]

*I'm in trouble, now... bounce *

wot a idgit i is.....'
Me too, but we're freaking rocket surgeons compared to doggieboy. Oh, Sir, this is the funniest story. On the other site where we came from (excuse me; from whence we came), there is this really awesome mod, SubJunk who became a really good friend of mine. Anyways, he is brilliant; like Kazza. There was this dude on the site that used to drive Sub nuts because the guy was...let's just say that they drove him to school in the short bus, if you know what I mean.
Anyways, Sub is a scientist and very, very brilliant. The short bus guy was debating science with Sub one time and, of course, sub was correct and the bus guy was off-the-wall-dopey. So, after much debating and Sub not getting through to this dude; he finally said to shorty, "I'm sorry. I can't help you understand where your error is so I'm done with this debate." The short bus guy goes, "OH, EXCUSE ME! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD TO BE A ROCKET SURGEON TO DEBATE WITH YOU!!!"

And Sub goes to Shorty, "OH. AND I DIDN'T KNOW ROCKETS HAD SURGEONS!!!"

That was it; Sub was emailing me in two minutes flat and laughing his ass off. What a great guy that Sub is. He's a scientist and an atheist and we got along like two peas in a pod. afro santa

That is fantastic!

lol!

He sounds funny. Is he on here?

On a side note, are most scientists atheist?

When I was a lowly chef in Brighton, one of the waiting staff came into the kitchen asking for a lemon, so I told her where they were in the fridge...two minutes later I hear,
"Which one's a lemon?" (Seriously!?)
But instantly one of the KPs shout back
"YOU ARE!"

Don't know why your story reminded me of that really... scratch
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 315
Job/hobbies : Bar Manager
Humor : The darker the better
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:10 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:HP when she was young....

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions - Page 2 Lady7qf

Very Happy
Yes. Me. pig

HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Hey, sir; did you get my link to the Recipe Swap thread? Go post some Fish 'n Chips or something else wrapped in unappetizing newspaper.

I was actually debating sharing some of the recipes I picked up/invented/stole at work. Although it's all in my head, so writing out a method with measurements is nearly impossible... Some paprika, a bit of butter, dash of magic, etc.

If you happen to be on facebook there is a group called 'I judge you when you use bad grammer', which would be right up your street I feel. (I'm all about correcting grammer, it's almost a reflex now!)

king
That's funny! You definitely should post some of your stolen stuff. Guys always say stuff like "a pinch of...". We get it, so you should post some of them.

Ya, I make this batter with Guinness all the time, lol. I'm on facebook, so I'll have a peek and steal some of your stolen stuff, ohahaha.

[It's awesome that you are OCD about grammar, like me. Now, go correct your spelling mistakes. Never mind; I will: 'I judge you when you use bad grammer' grammar.
And while I'm at it, I may as well correct your punctuation, too. Wait. it's a two-fer: (I'm all about correcting grammer grammar , ; it's almost a reflex now!)]

wot a idgit i is.....'
Me too, but we're freaking rocket surgeons compared to doggieboy. Oh, Sir, this is the funniest story. On the other site where we came from (excuse me; from whence we came), there is this really awesome mod, SubJunk who became a really good friend of mine. Anyways, he is brilliant; like Kazza. There was this dude on the site that used to drive Sub nuts because the guy was...let's just say that they drove him to school in the short bus, if you know what I mean.
Anyways, Sub is a scientist and very, very brilliant. The short bus guy was debating science with Sub one time and, of course, sub was correct and the bus guy was off-the-wall-dopey. So, after much debating and Sub not getting through to this dude; he finally said to shorty, "I'm sorry. I can't help you understand where your error is so I'm done with this debate." The short bus guy goes, "OH, EXCUSE ME! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD TO BE A ROCKET SURGEON TO DEBATE WITH YOU!!!"

That was it; Sub was emailing me in two minutes flat and laughing his ass off. What a great guy that Sub is. He's a scientist and an atheist and we got along like two peas in a pod. afro santa

That is fantastic!

lol!

When I was a lowly chef in Brighton, one of the waiting staff came into the kitchen asking for a lemon, so I told her where they were in the fridge...two minutes later I hear,
"YOU ARE!"

He's not on here. I'm gonna email him and make him join, ohahahaha! Probably the majority are, but a lot are not, especially younger ones. I've got a cool author with several books on that, as well as a website. If you're ever interested, pm me.

Anyways, that lemon story is a freakin' riot!!! It's so fun working with people like that. I hope that chick had a sense of humor. elephant

Last edited by HotParadox on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:40 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Please. I'm all about the apostrophes. That's what I do. I nit-pick small crap like that. And not only do I drive myself crazy in the process, but I could drive an entire country crazy with my useless attention to detail.

Boy aint that the truth right there, your pert near perfact aint cha? Wink

Thank you, doggieboy. But it is you who are... *I can't believe that I am going to talk redneck here*... "pert near perfact aint cha?" And a sweetheart. xov I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:43 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

king

wot a idgit i is.....'

That is fantastic!

lol!

"YOU ARE!"

He's not on here. I'm gonna email him and make him join, ohahahaha! Probably the majority are, but a lot are not, especially younger ones. I've got a cool author with several books on that, as well as a website. If you're ever interested, pm me.

Anyways, that lemon story is a freakin' riot!!! It's so fun working with people like that. I hope that chick had a sense of humor. elephant

Lovely girl, didn't realise we were taking the piss. I actually had to say,

"The yellow ones!"

She finished uni with a 1st recently Neutral

I keep giggling about rocket surgeons....

drunken cherry
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:48 pm

coontie wrote:ALL THE ABOVE IS OFF- Razz TOPIC...
HAHAHAHA LOL!!!!! Very Happy I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:03 pm

If I may ask Sir Bonvolio, do you own a resturaunt? Perhaps a chef?

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:07 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

king

wot a idgit i is.....'

That is fantastic!

lol!

"YOU ARE!"

"The yellow ones!"

drunken cherry
Too Funny, "The yellow ones!" OMG that's hysterical! I have this picture of the poor girl in my head, haha!

I'm an idiot... I forgot to give you Sub's response to shorty, lol!!! It was the best part of the whole story so I went back and added it to my post, in red!

*The lemon girl and shorty the rocket surgeon guy get married and have yellow rocket scientist kids bounce *
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:08 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:If I may ask Sir Bonvolio, do you own a resturaunt? Perhaps a chef?

I am a manager at a theatre bar and bistro. I've always worked in the catering industry though.

Not that I mind in the slightest, why do you ask?

cherry
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:11 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

king

wot a idgit i is.....'

That is fantastic!

lol!

"YOU ARE!"

"The yellow ones!"

drunken cherry
Too Funny, "The yellow ones!" OMG that's hysterical! I have this picture of the poor girl in my head, haha!

I'm an idiot... I forgot to give you Sub's response to shorty, lol!!! It was the best part of the whole story so I went back and added it to my post, in red!

*The lemon girl and shorty the rocket surgeon guy get married and have yellow rocket scientist kids bounce *

That is good!!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Idea

Now there's a thought. bounce
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:16 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:FYI, driven slush isn't pure.

It is compared to some of the things I have in my head.

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions - Page 2 Cartoon-ghoul I can imagine...it must be awfully dark in your head!!! Can you think in the dark? Very Happy Laughing

Can't lie, that does sorta resemble me, cept I got me a beard.
It does resemble you, doggieboy; except, it has more of a human head then you.

Revenge!
OH SHOOT! I'll never live that down, now!!! Razz
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:21 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:If I may ask Sir Bonvolio, do you own a resturaunt? Perhaps a chef?

I am a manager at a theatre bar and bistro. I've always worked in the catering industry though.

cherry

I was just curious. When you mentioned most recipes being in your head and writing out the the measurements would be difficult it made me think of my father. He was head chef at the Veterans hospital until he retired. And that's how he cooked and I inherited that from him. People ask me for recipes for somethings I cook and I really can't tell them. They'd really have to be there watching me do it to see how much I put in cause I have no clue. And just like him I usually make enough to feed an army when I cook. Cooking for just a couple of people throws me off on somethings. Which is alright because after I cook I don't have to cook again for a couple days, we just live off the left overs. Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:38 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

cherry

I was just curious. When you mentioned most recipes being in your head and writing out the the measurements would be difficult it made me think of my father. He was head chef at the Veterans hospital until he retired. And that's how he cooked and I inherited that from him. People ask me for recipes for somethings I cook and I really can't tell them. They'd really have to be there watching me do it to see how much I put in cause I have no clue. And just like him I usually make enough to feed an army when I cook. Cooking for just a couple of people throws me off on somethings. Which is alright because after I cook I don't have to cook again for a couple days, we just live off the left overs. Wink

I find pasta tastes alot better once it has had a day to really infuse all of the flavourings in it. Very Happy

You just kind of know what goes well together, I like making things up as I go along.

My girlfriend is looking forward to me being on holiday soon. Very Happy
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

cherry

I find pasta tastes alot better once it has had a day to really infuse all of the flavourings in it. Very Happy

You just kind of know what goes well together, I like making things up as I go along.

That's the way I am. I don't think I've ever made a pasta sauce the same way twice. lol And somethings do taste better the second day pasta is certainly one of them.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:49 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

cherry

That's the way I am. I don't think I've ever made a pasta sauce the same way twice. lol And somethings do taste better the second day pasta is certainly one of them.

Takeaway pizza too! Laughing

At work I'm relatively consistent out of neccessity, but at home, never do the same thing the same.

Have been getting into fish lately... Did Pollack in a tomato sauce with vegetables and bacon and did it mixed in with penne (al dente of course Very Happy ), Pollack is really easy to flake (I discovered whilst cooking) so it melted into the sauce, which meant the whole dish was permeated with Pollack flavouring... yummy...
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

cherry

At work I'm relatively consistent out of neccessity, but at home, never do the same thing the same.

Have been getting into fish lately... Did Pollack in a tomato sauce with vegetables and bacon and did it mixed in with penne (al dente of course Very Happy ), Pollack is really easy to flake (I discovered whilst cooking) so it melted into the sauce, which meant the whole dish was permeated with Pollack flavouring... yummy...

That does sound good.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:09 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

cherry

That does sound good.

salt, pepper, paprika, parsley, onion flakes and oregano (pronounced the British way Razz ) (I think that's what I put in anyways, I never really know unless I'm doing it and even then it's different Shocked )

I still think seabass is my absolute favourite..... I even ate a seabass eye when in Greece recently.... scratch
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:02 am

You ate a sea bass eye. Just one. OK.
I can't wait for you to sign on, you little freak.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:20 am

HotParadox wrote:You ate a sea bass eye. Just one. OK.
I can't wait for you to sign on, you little freak.

Shocked affraid

You have to try these things once... jocolor
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:28 am

But just one, once? Who ate the other one? Is it still there? Lurking.

Anyways, the Pollock sounds to die for. Did you know that in Italy, you never put cheese on fish? Even in a fish sauce on pasta. Never. I think some Pope made that rule. I'll have to check with AC, just to make sure if an ancient Pope is responsible for that. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:35 am

Is it down to only eating certain things on certain days, which is a Christian tradition, but I think only the jews follow it properly now. Maybe it's a throwback from that.

Pollack is a cod substitute, tastes like cod...

Had swordfish the other day aswell, my god that is great....
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:42 am

Sir Bonvolio wrote:Is it down to only eating certain things on certain days, which is a Christian tradition, but I think only the jews follow it properly now. Maybe it's a throwback from that.

Well, being Italian, we eat fish almost daily. There is almost nothing from the sea that we don't eat. But the cheese thing has nothing to do with Christianity. It is simply an Italian culinary no no. Just like butter or olive oil on bread. So not Italian. Bread is eaten plain or used to mop up the juices in your plate. Recently, restaurants in Italy will offer seasoned dipping oils for trendy Americans but then they mock us. Very Happy

Btw, the cod is Massachusetts' state fish.
We eat so much of it and love it so much that we had to name a place after it: Cape Cod. True.

Of course, if you're from Boston, or anywhere else in New England, you never refer to it as Cape Cod. Too formal and touristy. It's just The Cape.

Last edited by HotParadox on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:45 am

HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:Is it down to only eating certain things on certain days, which is a Christian tradition, but I think only the jews follow it properly now. Maybe it's a throwback from that.

Well, being Italian, we eat fish almost daily. There is almost nothing from the sea that we don't eat. But the cheese thing has nothing to do with Christianity. It is simply an Italian culinary no no. Just like butter or olive oil on bread. So not Italian. Bread is eaten plain or used to mop up the juices in your plate. Recently, restaurants in Italy will offer seasoned dipping oils for trendy Americans but then they mock us. Very Happy

Like us liking scones... the tea thing is real though...
Cool
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:49 am

Oh, read my edit, before I comment on scones. cheers
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:53 am

HotParadox wrote:

We eat so much of it and love it so much that we had to name a place after it: Cape Cod. True.

Of course, if you're from Boston, or anywhere else in New England, you never refer to it as Cape Cod. Too formal and touristy. It's just The Cape.

When the white man first went to cape cod, all he had to do was lean off of his boat and scoop a bucket in the water to catch a dozen cod.
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:03 am

Still true. Anyways, what's this about my favorite treat in the world, scones? I even posted some recipes from England, in my Recipe Swap thread. At least they came from a British cookbook.

I make scones every Sunday along with bacon and scrambled eggs or eggs scrambled with lox. I serve the scones with barely whipped cream (almost like your clotted cream it is so softly whipped) and raspberry jam. Scones are a real tradition in Boston. And we drink A LOT of tea. In fact, we are so serious about our tea over here, that I believe we started a bit of battle with you guys over it, if memory serves me. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:03 am

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

When the white man first went to cape cod, all he had to do was lean off of his boat and scoop a bucket in the water to catch a dozen cod.

Have either of you eever tried orange roughy fish. Being born in a city that was on a river grew up with cat fish, bass and trout.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:14 am

Old Timer wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Have either of you eever tried orange roughy fish. Being born in a city that was on a river grew up with cat fish, bass and trout.
Yes, it's a very delicate nice fish. I make it anyway that I would prepare haddock or cod.

Of course, we barbecue here in Boston year round-even in the dead of winter since most of us have our huge grills on our back decks, as you know OT. That may not be the custom in GB, to barbecue year round. Anyways, nothing like swordfish or salmon (one of my favorite fish) on the grill, naked. They are so delicious grilled without any crap on them.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:20 am

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Yes, it's a very delicate nice fish. I make it anyway that I would prepare haddock or cod.

Of course, we barbecue here in Boston year round-even in the dead of winter since most of us have our huge grills on our back decks, as you know OT. That may not be the custom in GB, to barbecue year round. Anyways, nothing like swordfish or salmon (one of my favorite fish) on the grill, naked. They are so delicious grilled without any crap on them.

We also grill all year round here. Steaks and shrimp are my favorite for the grill. Fish I bake with lemon, herbs and a little butter.. Cool

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:22 am

HotParadox wrote:Still true. Anyways, what's this about my favorite treat in the world, scones? I even posted some recipes from England, in my Recipe Swap thread. At least they came from a British cookbook.

I make scones every Sunday along with bacon and scrambled eggs or eggs scrambled with lox. I serve the scones with barely whipped cream (almost like your clotted cream it is so softly whipped) and raspberry jam. Scones are a real tradition in Boston. And we drink A LOT of tea. In fact, we are so serious about our tea over here, that I believe we started a bit of battle with you guys over it, if memory serves me. Very Happy

Yes, I love the taste and texture of fish, even plain. Pan fried seabass is beautiful, salmon en papillote is awesome, just with light seasoning and some rosemary....mmmm....

I've always wondered what other nations stereotypes of the English are.

I've just noticed that Boston is on the same latitude as where my uncle lives.

I love scones...
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:09 pm

Yummy, OT. Have you ever tried my recipe on the Recipe Swap for baked fish/shellfish?
This is in honor of you and Sir.
Three ingredients only and bombproof:

Baked "Stuffed" Scrod or Shrimp
SCROD, as we affectionately refer to Haddock and Cod in New England, is not an actual fish!
*1 1/2 pounds shrimp or scrod or any white fish
*1 inner roll of Ritz Crackers, crushed
*8 tablespoons butter, melted

Place the fish in a buttered shallow pan. Mix the crackers and butter together and sprinkle on top of fish. Bake uncovered in a preheated 375F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. Do not over cook. Serve with fresh lemon wedges.
Note:The shrimp may have the shells on or off; your preference. This recipe also works great on pre-cooked frozen shrimp or as a stuffing for baked stuffed lobster.
Don't be tempted to foolishly add anything else to this famous Boston recipe and if we're famous for anything, it's for our lob-stah and fish!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:15 pm

HotParadox wrote:Yummy, OT. Have you ever tried my recipe on the Recipe Swap for baked fish/shellfish?

SCROD, as we affectionately refer to Haddock and Cod in New England, is not an actual fish!

Place the fish in a buttered shallow pan. Mix the crackers and butter together and sprinkle on top of fish. Bake uncovered in a preheated 375F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. Do not over cook. Serve with fresh lemon wedges.
Note:The shrimp may have the shells on or off; your preference. This recipe also works great on pre-cooked frozen shrimp or as a stuffing for baked stuffed lobster.
Don't be tempted to foolishly add anything else to this famous Boston recipe and if we're famous for anything, it's for our lob-stah and fish!

That reminds me of another recipe......if only I could recall it....

Lent on my fucking mouse...anyways...

Thanks HP, I might add that to the cooking list for when I'm on holiday! Very Happy

Last edited by Sir Bonvolio on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lent on my stupid mouse!)
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Old Timer wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Yea, that is great cooked on the grill... Everything is better cooked on the grill actually. jmo

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:49 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Still true. Anyways, what's this about my favorite treat in the world, scones? I even posted some recipes from England, in my Recipe Swap thread. At least they came from a British cookbook.

Yes, I love the taste and texture of fish, even plain. Pan fried seabass is beautiful, salmon en papillote is awesome, just with light seasoning and some rosemary....mmmm....

I love scones...
Well, if you ever visit Boston you will notice that it is England. Period. Our roots are British and our culture is British based. The city looks like England as opposed to LA or NY. We have the most British (Scottish and Irish included) residents in the nation. I mean, England is Boston's history. When I went to England, I just thought I was home. The people, too. We copied you, I think is how it goes, and not the other way around. Even the way we talk. We do not sound like the dopes on youtube and in movies that pretend to have a Boston accent. Not even close. We say Mum and B-ah-th and l-ah-f (laugh) and drink the most tea in the nation. New England style cooking is very British, as well. There is a famous expression that refers to us as Proper Bostonians, as in how the Brits are proper. pig

Btw, where does your uncle live?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Yummy, OT. Have you ever tried my recipe on the Recipe Swap for baked fish/shellfish?

Thanks HP, I might add that to the cooking list for when I'm on holiday! Very Happy
Haha, find it and send it over. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote: Like us liking scones... the tea thing is real though...
Cool
What's the deal with the scones? No scones? I had delicious ones over there! We're they just screwing with me? Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:23 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

Haha, find it and send it over. Very Happy

Sounds good. Gotta give it a try.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:32 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote: Like us liking scones... the tea thing is real though...
Cool
What's the deal with the scones? No scones? I had delicious ones over there! We're they just screwing with me? Very Happy

I bet you think everybody in Mexico takes siesta too.. sheez. Rolling Eyes

lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:35 pm

They don't? hmm.... Shocked

Last edited by HotParadox on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:38 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

I love scones...
Well, if you ever visit Boston you will notice that it is England. Period. Our roots are British and our culture is British based. The city looks like England as opposed to LA or NY. We have the most British (Scottish and Irish included) residents in the nation. I mean, England is Boston's history. When I went to England, I just thought I was home. The people, too. We copied you, I think is how it goes, and not the other way around. Even the way we talk. We do not sound like the dopes on youtube and in movies that pretend to have a Boston accent. Not even close. We say Mum and B-ah-th and l-ah-f (laugh) and drink the most tea in the nation. New England style cooking is very British, as well. There is a famous expression that refers to us as Proper Bostonians, as in how the Brits are proper. pig

Btw, where does your uncle live?

Salem, Mass. is also where they had the Witch Trails - yeah, alll of those young girls nbanding together and having seizures [fake] and pulling their hair and vomiting and pointing fingers and sayineg: 'yes, yes, yes, she has put a spell on me, possessed me, made me do terrible, evil things... Interesting, it was later observed that theses were 'Pubescent' Girls. It was stated this had something to do with that.
By the way, is this 'off topic'? Twisted Evil Razz
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next