Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

79 year old missionary in Haiti

3 posters

Go down

79 year old missionary in Haiti Empty 79 year old missionary in Haiti

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:17 pm

She's on her way home safe. But wow. 79 and doing the work she's doing, or was doing. And I have a hard time getting supper started. Very Happy

Go Granny!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

79 year old missionary in Haiti Empty Re: 79 year old missionary in Haiti

Post by coontie Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:15 am

There's a lot of heroism and benevolence being demonstrated there in Haiti, as we speak. Seems like the entire planet is responding to the plight of these people. It is a terrible catastrophe and tragedy. As of now, there is an estimate of at least 200,000 deaths and necessity for mass burials in common graves, due to the accumulation of dead and festering bodys threatening contamination of water and spread of disease.
Also, there is desperation due to lack of food and water and some rioting. Problem is that the roads are so badly damaged they cannot get trucks through from the airport and harbor docks, which have been severely damaged.
American military helicopters are to arrive shortly on an aircraft carrier and will ease some of the proble and they are establishing military police control over the crowds. The merican military has taken over control of the airport. The Haitian government has been severely crippled. Many are know dead or are missing. Even the President doesn't have any place left to live or sleep. He is sleeping and living outside just like many other people. It is a real mess.
Anyone wanting to contrinbute to relief fund: text message the word HAITI [all capital letters] then send to the number 20222 or 90999. This will result in a $10.00 increment fund being sent to an aid organization, for each such text message. Also, you can go on the internet and search "Haitian Relief Funding, or the like and find various sites which will accept donations. Such as the Red Cross, Salvation Army, World Food Aid Program and the like. They will acept credit card payments. Most all agencies are waving handling fees for these donations.
Keep the Haitian people in you hearts and in your prayers. It will take a very long time for them to recover. I wouldn't doubt that casualties will approach or maybe even better the 1,000,000 persons dead.
Don, you have my name from our past email exchanges. If you like, go on to Faebook and do a search using my name and we can hook up there. UYou wil have to use my full name. Maybe you are already on there. I will try a search of you.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

79 year old missionary in Haiti Empty Re: 79 year old missionary in Haiti

Post by Old Timer Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:43 am

CarolinaHound wrote:She's on her way home safe. But wow. 79 and doing the work she's doing, or was doing. And I have a hard time getting supper started. Very Happy

Go Granny!

as in the little old lady from Pasadena=====go granny, go granny, go granny go