Platform for President (ME)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Kazza on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:27 pm

It was my understanding that the USA has no official language.

Official language none
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/616563/United-States

The United States does not have an official language;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_United_States
avatar
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Location : Down Under
Job/hobbies : Physicist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by CarolinaHound on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:57 pm

No, legally it doesn't. There has been no laws made to make it so. But since the majority of us speaks English. The constitution, bill of rights, declaration of independence, and all other documents of the founding fathers were written in English, and many people here feel that's enough to say English is our official language. I'm one of them.

If non-English speaking people want to come here to live, use ore social security, medicaid, medicare, and other programs and not learn English so they can understand what they are signing up for, then they need to cough up the money to have it translated into their language.

That said, maybe there are some who come here legaly that can't afford to take language classes, and I'm not sure if they provide that in the citizenship process. If not they should. And those that are here illegally, as OT so aptly and correctly put it, can go to hell or back where they come from. It's not right that taxpayer dollars be shelled out to make it easier for someone to break the law. If they are here illegally, then no matter how you spin it or give the reasons why, they are criminals. Same as if I shoplifted food from the grocery store because my family was hungry. While I may of had good reason to do it, it doesn't make it any less criminal.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Old Timer on Fri May 01, 2009 7:57 am

Kazza wrote:It was my understanding that the USA has no official language.

Official language none
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/616563/United-States

The United States does not have an official language;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_United_States

Well sir the way I see it is that our constitution and any and all official documents in this country including laws and the oath of any office here are done in ENGLISH officially. So in my book that makes ENGLISH the OFFICIAL language here.

As I said, no disrespect intended or insult implied. But this is my country, not yours. If I want to declare that english is not only my official language but that of my country as well, I do have that right. And I do so PROUDLY proclaim it to be just that THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF AMERICA.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by HotParadox on Fri May 01, 2009 8:15 am

It is your official language. And Doggieboy's. And mine:

From Wiki:

List of official languages by state

Official language: one designated as having a unique legal status in the state, typically, the language used in a nation's legislative bodies, and often, official government business

United States

* No official language nationwide, English is the de facto official language and the national language.
* English (in Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Virginia, and Wyoming)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_official_languages_by_state

I can pull up more info, especially regarding New England's MA, NH, and CT. I'm very attuned to this subject especially because of my counseling job in which I often have to refer non-English speaking clients to this information. And did you notice? English is the official language in Puerto Rico, and my Puerto Rican clients are very proud of this, btw.

_________________
"The preceding post is my personal opinion and may or may not be true, may or may not have been posted by me, and most likely contains nothing of interest to anyone."
~Kazza, a very smart man that covered all the angles with this one. I like it.
avatar
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Location : Boston
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Old Timer on Fri May 01, 2009 9:28 am

HotParadox wrote:It is your official language. And Doggieboy's. And mine:

From Wiki:

List of official languages by state

Official language: one designated as having a unique legal status in the state, typically, the language used in a nation's legislative bodies, and often, official government business

United States

* No official language nationwide, English is the de facto official language and the national language.
* English (in Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Virginia, and Wyoming)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_official_languages_by_state

I can pull up more info, especially regarding New England's MA, NH, and CT. I'm very attuned to this subject especially because of my counseling job in which I often have to refer non-English speaking clients to this information. And did you notice? English is the official language in Puerto Rico, and my Puerto Rican clients are very proud of this, btw.

And what so proudly we do hail. and loud and clear to boot. So give the little lady a cigar. I love you
Image hosted by servimg.com

And this is for you Dawg. All American

Image hosted by servimg.com


Last edited by Old Timer on Fri May 01, 2009 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by CarolinaHound on Fri May 01, 2009 9:31 am

HotParadox wrote:It is your official language. And Doggieboy's. And mine:

From Wiki:

List of official languages by state

Official language: one designated as having a unique legal status in the state, typically, the language used in a nation's legislative bodies, and often, official government business

United States

* No official language nationwide, English is the de facto official language and the national language.
* English (in Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Virginia, and Wyoming)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_official_languages_by_state

I can pull up more info, especially regarding New England's MA, NH, and CT. I'm very attuned to this subject especially because of my counseling job in which I often have to refer non-English speaking clients to this information. And did you notice? English is the official language in Puerto Rico, and my Puerto Rican clients are very proud of this, btw.

Southern is NC's official language.... thank you. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by HotParadox on Fri May 01, 2009 9:36 am

redneck

_________________
"The preceding post is my personal opinion and may or may not be true, may or may not have been posted by me, and most likely contains nothing of interest to anyone."
~Kazza, a very smart man that covered all the angles with this one. I like it.
avatar
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Location : Boston
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by HotParadox on Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:It is your official language. And Doggieboy's. And mine:

From Wiki:

List of official languages by state

Official language: one designated as having a unique legal status in the state, typically, the language used in a nation's legislative bodies, and often, official government business

United States

* No official language nationwide, English is the de facto official language and the national language.
* English (in Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Virginia, and Wyoming)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_official_languages_by_state

I can pull up more info, especially regarding New England's MA, NH, and CT. I'm very attuned to this subject especially because of my counseling job in which I often have to refer non-English speaking clients to this information. And did you notice? English is the official language in Puerto Rico, and my Puerto Rican clients are very proud of this, btw.

And what so proudly we do hail. and loud and clear to boot. So give the little lady a cigar. I love you
Image hosted by servimg.com

And this is for you Dawg. All American

Image hosted by servimg.com
you know, you two idiots are really base. somehow, someway, you always find a way to throw hot chicks into the mix.

_________________
"The preceding post is my personal opinion and may or may not be true, may or may not have been posted by me, and most likely contains nothing of interest to anyone."
~Kazza, a very smart man that covered all the angles with this one. I like it.
avatar
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Location : Boston
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Old Timer on Fri May 01, 2009 10:26 am

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:It is your official language. And Doggieboy's. And mine:

From Wiki:

List of official languages by state

Official language: one designated as having a unique legal status in the state, typically, the language used in a nation's legislative bodies, and often, official government business

United States

* No official language nationwide, English is the de facto official language and the national language.
* English (in Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Virginia, and Wyoming)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_official_languages_by_state

I can pull up more info, especially regarding New England's MA, NH, and CT. I'm very attuned to this subject especially because of my counseling job in which I often have to refer non-English speaking clients to this information. And did you notice? English is the official language in Puerto Rico, and my Puerto Rican clients are very proud of this, btw.

And what so proudly we do hail. and loud and clear to boot. So give the little lady a cigar. I love you
Image hosted by servimg.com

And this is for you Dawg. All American

Image hosted by servimg.com
you know, you two idiots are really base. somehow, someway, you always find a way to throw hot chicks into the mix.

But they remind us so much of you. Laughing

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by CarolinaHound on Fri May 01, 2009 1:57 pm

We're sorry HP, didn't mean to leave you out.


CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by HotParadox on Fri May 01, 2009 3:26 pm

that's better. Very Happy

_________________
"The preceding post is my personal opinion and may or may not be true, may or may not have been posted by me, and most likely contains nothing of interest to anyone."
~Kazza, a very smart man that covered all the angles with this one. I like it.
avatar
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Location : Boston
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Old Timer on Fri May 01, 2009 8:45 pm

I just got this from another person that is geting fed up. Evil or Very Mad
And this person also helped to elect our congress and so called president. I am told he is getting out of that rat race for good and to hell with both parties because he will now vote for whom he pleases or not vote at all. Like us he is convinced it just doesn't do any good because it is the same story each and every time just different faces. Twisted Evil

Can you believe that our beloved congress has so little to do with the economy in the tank, wars in afghanistan and Iraq, auto makers going bankrupt, millions of people without jobs or healthcare; that they have now decided the full wrath of congress has to get involved with how to determine which college football team is the god damn national champion????

I'm now convinced that the 9/11 terrorists knew what they were doing when they flew a plane into the Pentagon. They didn't want to fly it into congress and change harming their friends. I assume they must be friend of those guys cause they sure ain't friends of ours.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Old Timer on Mon May 04, 2009 3:03 pm

OK. Moving right along maybe we should adopt this for our campaign or better yet lets get this guy to run instead.

NEW PREAMBLE TO THE CONSTITUTION


This is probably the best e-mail I've seen in a long, long time. The following has been attributed to State Representative Mitchell Kaye from GA. This guy should run for President one day... AMEN




'We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt-free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other liberal bed-wetters. We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require a Bill of NON-Rights.'


ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.


ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.


ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes . (This one is my pet peeve...get an education and go to work....don't expect everyone else to take care of you!) WHEN YOU NEED TO BE SUBSIDIZED, YOU GET YOUR TUBES TIED!!


ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.


ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair. IN THREE MONTHS, NOT EIGHT YEARS!!


ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.


ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job.. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful. (AMEN!) UNFORTUNATELY, THEY TOOK VOCATIONAL TRAINING OUT OF THE SCHOOLS!!


ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.


ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came from! (Last....)


ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!!!! GET OVER IT !!!




If you agree, share this with a friend. No, you don't have to, and nothing tragic will befall you if you don't. I just think it's about time common sense is allowed to flourish. Sensible people of the United States speak out because if you do not , you know who will!!!

Image hosted by servimg.com



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by CarolinaHound on Mon May 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Old Timer wrote:OK. Moving right along maybe we should adopt this for our campaign or better yet lets get this guy to run instead.

NEW PREAMBLE TO THE CONSTITUTION


This is probably the best e-mail I've seen in a long, long time. The following has been attributed to State Representative Mitchell Kaye from GA. This guy should run for President one day... AMEN




'We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt-free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other liberal bed-wetters. We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require a Bill of NON-Rights.'


ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.


ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.


ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes . (This one is my pet peeve...get an education and go to work....don't expect everyone else to take care of you!) WHEN YOU NEED TO BE SUBSIDIZED, YOU GET YOUR TUBES TIED!!


ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.


ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair. IN THREE MONTHS, NOT EIGHT YEARS!!


ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.


ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job.. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful. (AMEN!) UNFORTUNATELY, THEY TOOK VOCATIONAL TRAINING OUT OF THE SCHOOLS!!


ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.


ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came from! (Last....)


ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!!!! GET OVER IT !!!




If you agree, share this with a friend. No, you don't have to, and nothing tragic will befall you if you don't. I just think it's about time common sense is allowed to flourish. Sensible people of the United States speak out because if you do not , you know who will!!!

Image hosted by servimg.com



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Seems like I've seen this someplace before. hehehehe.... Laughing

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Old Timer on Tue May 05, 2009 9:22 am

Yep and it should be shown all over the country and on each and evry news channel daily to loet washington know we are getting fed up

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by CarolinaHound on Tue May 05, 2009 9:31 am

They know, they don't care. They think they are untouchable. And so far they've been proven right for the most part.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Old Timer on Tue May 05, 2009 7:01 pm

This is YOUR MONEY working for someone else

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE
REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT!

KEEP IT GOING!!!!

Propose this in 2009:

START A BILL TO PLACE ALL POLITICIANS ON SOCIAL SECURITY


----------------------------------

SOCIAL SECURITY:

(This is worth reading. It is short and to the point.)

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years.

Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.

You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.

In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.
Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments..

For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing
$275, 000.00 during the last years of their lives.

This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00. NADA..! ZILCH....

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them.
You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds;

"OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK "!

From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into, every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer). We can expect to get an average of
$1,000 per month
After retirement.

Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!



Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.

That change would be to:

Jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen.. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us
Then sit back.....

And see how fast they would fix it.

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe good changes will evolve.


How many people CAN you send this to?

Better yet......


How many people WILL you send this to ?









[b]

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Theophilus on Wed May 06, 2009 3:44 am

Old Timer wrote:OK. Moving right along maybe we should adopt this for our campaign or better yet lets get this guy to run instead.

NEW PREAMBLE TO THE CONSTITUTION


This is probably the best e-mail I've seen in a long, long time. The following has been attributed to State Representative Mitchell Kaye from GA. This guy should run for President one day... AMEN




'We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt-free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other liberal bed-wetters. We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require a Bill of NON-Rights.'


ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.


ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.


ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes . (This one is my pet peeve...get an education and go to work....don't expect everyone else to take care of you!) WHEN YOU NEED TO BE SUBSIDIZED, YOU GET YOUR TUBES TIED!!


ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.


ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair. IN THREE MONTHS, NOT EIGHT YEARS!!


ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.


ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job.. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful. (AMEN!) UNFORTUNATELY, THEY TOOK VOCATIONAL TRAINING OUT OF THE SCHOOLS!!


ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.


ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came from! (Last....)


ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!!!! GET OVER IT !!!




If you agree, share this with a friend. No, you don't have to, and nothing tragic will befall you if you don't. I just think it's about time common sense is allowed to flourish. Sensible people of the United States speak out because if you do not , you know who will!!!

Image hosted by servimg.com



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excuse me but this is nonsense.

WTF.

I know lets have a world without people who stand up for higher wages. I know lets have a world were only the rich can receive health care. Let the poor die, fuck them. If they are poor they must be subhuman, and made to suffer.

Oh yeah this country was founded on GOD. OK maybe you could let me know where the word GOD shows up in the constitution.

Oh and about jobs. Well maybe no one deserves ones. What people do deserve is an equal chance at a good eduction.

I really don't know what to say next because this post really upset me. I am bitting down really hard on my tongue right now.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Location : Beautiful Northern California.
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Kazza on Wed May 06, 2009 3:53 am

Old Timer wrote:Jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen.. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us
Then sit back.....

And see how fast they would fix it.

If you want people running the country that know how to run it successfully, you are going to need to pay them a lot. If I'm good with managment, why on earth would I go into politics when I could run my own business and make millions? If I'm good with numbers, why would I become a finance minister when I can work for a bank and earn millions?

If you want the best you have to pay them enough to make it worth their while. However, what you need to do is stop them from making money from other sources. No fair owning shares in companies that you're awarding contracts to, or that will be influenced by your decisions (ie. haliburton).

Pay them a lot to attract the best, but stop them from making money on the side to attract the honest.
avatar
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Location : Down Under
Job/hobbies : Physicist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Old Timer on Wed May 06, 2009 8:29 am

Kazza wrote:
Old Timer wrote:Jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen.. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us
Then sit back.....

And see how fast they would fix it.

If you want people running the country that know how to run it successfully, you are going to need to pay them a lot. If I'm good with managment, why on earth would I go into politics when I could run my own business and make millions? If I'm good with numbers, why would I become a finance minister when I can work for a bank and earn millions?

If you want the best you have to pay them enough to make it worth their while. However, what you need to do is stop them from making money from other sources. No fair owning shares in companies that you're awarding contracts to, or that will be influenced by your decisions (ie. haliburton).

Pay them a lot to attract the best, but stop them from making money on the side to attract the honest.

But unfortunatly it seems that our politicians here have placed themselves above the law and will do as they please. And it is also unfortunate that the American public has become so gullible that they keep believing those crooks. They seem to think that we work for them and not the fact that they were elected to work for us. I still believe in my country and will never stop, but we do need to get it back to basics if we are going to be able to survive. What our politicians are doing is wrong. color it how you will , and call it what you will, it is wrong.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum