Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Long

5 posters

Go down

How Long Empty How Long

Post by Old Timer Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:03 pm

How long are we going to keep putting these idiots in office and let them keep on doing the things that they are doing. When are we going to take our country back.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

How Long Empty Re: How Long

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Tell me where to go and what to do and promise I won't be the only idiot there and I'll join the revolt!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Old Timer wrote:How long are we going to keep putting these idiots in office and let them keep on doing the things that they are doing. When are we going to take our country back.
it's the human condition. some humans are dishonest, some are trusting and some are stupid. The dishonest ones get voted in by the trusting ones. the stupid category is comprised of both types. it's a vicious circle that always was and always will be.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:43 am

Old Timer wrote:How long are we going to keep putting these idiots in office and let them keep on doing the things that they are doing. When are we going to take our country back.

Answer to question one................forever

Answer to question two............... never.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:23 am

Theophilus wrote:

Answer to question one................forever

Answer to question two............... never.

I, for myself, have to disagree with that.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:41 am

So, what do we hear all of the time. We hear the democrats blaming the republicians and the republicians blaming the democrats and the independens blaming both the democrats and the republicians fore the mess that this country is in today.

But just who is really the blame. It is not any one group of folks, it is all of us. We are the idiots. We are the ones that have allowed the politicians to run rampart over this country and become one of the most crooked bunch of people on the face of the earth today. The very people that we have elected to help us and to preserve our way of life have the highest crime rate of any place on earth today.

And yet we do nothing. They talk about new ways to tax us and yet they do not even have to pay the same taxes that we do. Why. I never voted for them to be able to do that or for their high salaries that they enjoy giving themselves a raise that is equal to what some people make in a year. Did any of you ever vote for that stuff.

Doen't it seem strange that they are just agout above the law and can do what ever they want to without fear. Oh there is fear alright. They have installed it in us. The aerage citizen today is afraid of his own government. Isn't it time that we put a stop to this madness before it is really to late? For crying out loud people wake up and look at what is happening today. Dammit, we hired them and we can damm well fire them to. Look at it like this, there are only a couple hundred of them and a couple hundred million of us.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not talking about overthrowing our government. I am talking about bring it back to what it is supposed to be. After all this is not about them is it? I am under the impression that it is about all Americans. We are in the middle of a hugh crisis here and we are also being overrun by milliions of illegal aliens from other countries. If we don't start to act soon, we will not even have a country anymore.

Those idiots that are in the congress and the white house are only going to talk and blame others. We had better start doing something and soon or we wont have a country to do anything with.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:29 am

The question of what to do is asked all the time all over the net...I have yet to hear a plan of action...what exactly should we do???? How do we really change Washington...I have always said we need to get rid of the two party system...How can that be achieved???? We my friends, need a plan!!!
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:The question of what to do is asked all the time all over the net...I have yet to hear a plan of action...what exactly should we do???? How do we really change Washington...I have always said we need to get rid of the two party system...How can that be achieved???? We my friends, need a plan!!!
all it would have taken to have implemented a 3 party system was for a mere 5% of the voters to vote for a third party candidate in the presidential elections. i did my part.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:54 pm

You are exactly right, what we do need is some kind of plan to get the ball rolling. I am not talking about a third party or a single party for anything. I believe that anyone that legally meets the requirements has the right to run for any office.

I think that the first thing is to establish some kind of order, for example we really do need to set term limits of only two terms for any politician anywhere. This may be a start to see just who wants to serve their countryh and who wants to serve themselves If we could get enough folks that care behind the movement then we could force a vote of all of the people and make it a law ourselves. And more importantly, they must be made to understand that they will obey the same laws we do and pay the same taxes we do. ands things like giving themselves a raise or anything else for that matter is no longer up to them, but rather up to the people that they are supposed to be representing. We are the boss. And just like us, they will have to prove that they are worth it, and ask for it.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:17 pm

I wasn't thinking third party either...term limits have been brought up from time to time on the hill but hasn't gone anywhere...timing isn't right now with all the problems that exist at the moment...but it needs to come back up for debate on the hill.
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:I wasn't thinking third party either...term limits have been brought up from time to time on the hill but hasn't gone anywhere...timing isn't right now with all the problems that exist at the moment...but it needs to come back up for debate on the hill.

The "Hill " won't have anything to do with it. It will be what we the people decide. They will never do anything that would upset their own litle apple cart. That is how we got in this mess in the first place. They are so busy being so important and taking care of themselves that they have forgot just why they were put there in the first place.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down