Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is school so deadly?

5 posters

Go down

Why is school so deadly? Empty Why is school so deadly?

Post by Big Slick Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:00 am

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the Columbine shootings back in 1999. Then there seemed to be a rash of copy cat school shootings across the US. It always seemed to me that this only happened in the US. It has even been portrayed by some media outlets that this is only happening in the US, and this is proof that the country is imploding on itself. It really made you believe that we lived in the most violent nation in the world. Now we hear of this shooting in Germany and they also show other shootings from around the world. So I guess it's not just the US. That doesn't make school shootings any less tragic, but for me at least, it made me realize that maybe the world as a whole is becoming more violent, not just us.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090311/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_school_attack

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_germany_school_shooting_glance
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Why is school so deadly? Empty Re: Why is school so deadly?

Post by HotParadox Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:54 am

it's even touched the amish community. that one really shocked me, as if i could be any more shocked.

'Amish school shooting tragedy
A truck driver with a grudge burst into an Amish schoolhouse�and shot dead at least three bound girls in an "execution style" killing spree before killing himself.'

http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/2006/10/03/1159641290744.html?page=3

victims of amish school shooting:
Why is school so deadly? Amish-girls-cp-10853761
why?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:59 pm

And we are supposed to be civilized. Yeah right. It is a wonder that some other civilized world has not already blown this miserable planet of ours up thinking that we are a danger to all. No

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:08 pm

People are snapping, and it will be incredible if violence doesn't increase now with the looming global economic crisis. Better have plenty of ammo on hand in case people really lose their marbles. Neutral
Americanadian
Americanadian

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:09 pm

Americanadian wrote:People are snapping, and it will be incredible if violence doesn't increase now with the looming global economic crisis. Better have plenty of ammo on hand in case people really lose their marbles. Neutral

Food and bottled water to.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:01 pm

It's difficult to tell whether or not we're really becoming more violent, or whether the media just reports it more. From what little I've read of history, it's the latter. Think back to renaissance times, or medieval, or classical, and societies were far, far more violent than we are today.
Kazza
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Job/hobbies : Physicist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:43 pm

Kazza wrote:It's difficult to tell whether or not we're really becoming more violent, or whether the media just reports it more. From what little I've read of history, it's the latter. Think back to renaissance times, or medieval, or classical, and societies were far, far more violent than we are today.

That may be true but records were not quite so accurite or kept up to date like they are now.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down