Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The problem with our government is the people.

4 posters

Go down

The problem with our government is the people. Empty The problem with our government is the people.

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:30 pm

This something I wrote and posted on another site in response to someone mentioning taking up arms against our government. I thought some might be interested in it.

The problem with our government is the people. The root problem is the public itself.

The politician with the most appeal, the one who rallies the most people to get out there and "spread his word" gets the votes. We let the one who has the ability and/or willingness to spend the extra time and money to convince those who otherwise might not vote to vote for them; to lullaby us into believing he or she is the one to save the country. We all know they’re all liars. We know all the promises given in each speech by all parties are meaningless. But we allow them to convince us that one evil is the lesser of the others, and we accept that.

Very few of “the people” are willing to commit the time needed to really dig into the issues and the candidates ourselves. No one really knows the history of what their candidates stood for and voted for in the past. We listen to their speeches and vote for the one we think sounds best. We refuse to put forth the effort to dig into the trenches and find those who would really do what the people want and what is best for the country. We refuse to rally behind those that didn’t come from a certain type of background. Joe Schmoe, who knows what it’s like to live life on $300 dollars a week or less has no chance to get in there and do what needs to be done. What we vote for has never known what it’s like to dig a ditch on the side for $20 just to have the extra money to feed themselves along with the kids for a couple days. Those of us that have are in the minority anymore.

For generations now people have raise their kids by giving them everything and not making them work for anything. We bail them out when they get into trouble. We send them to collage, send them money every week, extra cash when they ask for it, then expect them to go out into the real world and succeed. When they fail, we wonder how it happened. “Where did we fail as parents?” “How did we fail when we gave them everything?” Bingo! You can’t be prepared for real world life if you’ve been given everything. But people seem oblivious to the answer.

A few make it, usually because they’ve learned to con others. And those are the ones that end up running for office. The one that have learned to con others into paying for their campaign and who continue to con people into voting for them. And we vote for them because, frankly, there’s nothing left to choose from, and we (the majority) refuse to dig to find better. We sit back and wait for the messiah to come and change the world without us having to do anymore than punch a ballot.

That is why we get what we get in government and in our elected officials. Because that’s the best we can, or have produced. We could rise up, take up arms, and possibly, actually win through sheer numbers alone. But then:

1) Who would actually get off their duff to fight? That’s a major thought process to get through for most. There’s the laziness that must be concurred first, then the fear. Then there’s the reality of having to fight against our own troops. We’d have to be willing to kill those brave men and women who unselfishly gave an oath to defend their country. I for one would have major issues with that alone.

2) We’d just get more of the same. Soon after there would just be more leaders who would be just as corrupt and incompetent as the one that were over thrown.

No, I don’t think that’s the way. I think the only way is for us, “the People” to change. The only true way is to change the fact that we vote for their speeches and promises rather than for what they’ve done. We’ve got to quit voting for what they say they are, and start voting for what they’ve shown they are. And along the way, change how we raise the next generation. We have to teach them that they are not entitled to everything and that everything will not just be handed to them. We’ve got to teach them that most of us as adults have to work, scrimp, and sacrifice to survive, and do so even harder to get ahead.

Yes I believe in the United States and I believe the U.S. will endure and eventually prosper. I just wonder when and at what cost to our children. Giving them everything is not the way to give them better than what we had. And I fear that the generation we are raising are going to be the ones that suffer more than they should have. Reality will slap our kids with a hard lesson that we caused because we let it get this far. And they will have to straighten it out. They’ll do it, but they should not have to.

My long winded, or fingered, point being; our government won’t change for the better until “we the people” do.

Sorry for the sermon. Shocked Embarassed What a Face

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

The problem with our government is the people. Empty Re: The problem with our government is the people.

Post by HotParadox Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Great sermon, doggie boy. What other site?...the other site?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

The problem with our government is the people. Empty Re: The problem with our government is the people.

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:45 pm

HotParadox wrote:Great sermon, doggie boy. What other site?...the other site?

A comic book forum. Very Happy
Yes, even the geeks are pissed. lol

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:26 am

The funnies aren't funny anymore? Yikes. Just goes to show you, though, how it's on the peoples' minds even during 'downtime'.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:31 pm

HotParadox wrote:The funnies aren't funny anymore? Yikes. Just goes to show you, though, how it's on the peoples' minds even during 'downtime'.

If things keep going the way they are there won't be much down time. Sept down and out that is. Thank you for the compliment by the way. I forgot in my post up above.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:34 pm

By any chance do you remember that I have been saying that a storm is coming. The likes of which the folks here today have never seen. It has already started.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:20 am

You're welcome, doggieboy, and you're right, OT. affraid
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:32 pm

What is going to be interesting is the lawsuits filed by all of those states and more likely to join in. Can't a president that violates the constitution willingly and knowingly be called a traitor and prosecuted as such?

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:55 pm

Old Timer wrote:What is going to be interesting is the lawsuits filed by all of those states and more likely to join in. Can't a president that violates the constitution willingly and knowingly be called a traitor and prosecuted as such?

Especially after Obama tried to embarrass the judges in his state of the union. Might be an axe to grind there. I hope.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:23 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:What is going to be interesting is the lawsuits filed by all of those states and more likely to join in. Can't a president that violates the constitution willingly and knowingly be called a traitor and prosecuted as such?

Especially after Obama tried to embarrass the judges in his state of the union. Might be an axe to grind there. I hope.

A very sharp ax indeed

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

A very sharp ax indeed
That's for damn sure!! Time to pay the piper!!
Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down