Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

President

+4
HotParadox
Old Timer
coontie
Night-Reaper
8 posters

Go down

President Empty President

Post by Night-Reaper Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:06 pm

What would you do if you were President for a day?
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

President Empty Re: President

Post by coontie Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:25 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:What would you do if you were President for a day?

I wouldn't have the job. There are too many adults that are too immature to realize that they cannot have things just exactly as they PERSONALLY would like them to be. They don't realize that out of some important legislative circumstances a compromise solution has to be provided that will be suitable for the majority.
They aren't happy accepting or living with this.
They were probably spoiled as kids and bought up to think that they are personally entitled and they still live and feel this way. They just don't care about anyone except their self.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:53 pm

make it 6 months and I may take a gander at it.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:19 pm

Great question, N-R. I would go back to our government as it was intended. Thomas Jefferson style.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:21 pm

Resign, and write a book called, "It Aint Worth It".

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DM007 Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:52 pm

Take a nap.

Nothing of any consequence can be accomplished in a day, but a lot of things can be screwed up. Sleeping dogs don't bite. .....I could use the sleep. I ain't get'n any doin' what I'm doin' now. I might grant a few pardons, if there's time left after my nap. Afterall, granting pardons is the ONLY thing the President can really do without the approval of anyone else (and Congress can't get ANYTHING done in a day, except maybe approve their own pay raise).

Last edited by DM007 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

DM007

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:53 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:Resign, and write a book called, "It Aint Worth It".
lmao Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:55 pm

DM007 wrote:Take a nap.

Nothing of any consequence can be accomplished in a day, but a lot of things can be screwed up. Sleeping dogs don't bite. .....I could use the sleep. I ain't get'n any doin' what I'm doin' now. I might grant a few pardons, if there's time left after my nap. Afterall, granting pardons is the ONLY thing the President can really do without the approval of anyone else (and Congress can't get ANYTHING done in a day).
Awesomely funny. But oddly true. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:21 pm

HotParadox wrote:

Nothing of any consequence can be accomplished in a day, but a lot of things can be screwed up. Sleeping dogs don't bite. .....I could use the sleep. I ain't get'n any doin' what I'm doin' now. I might grant a few pardons, if there's time left after my nap. Afterall, granting pardons is the ONLY thing the President can really do without the approval of anyone else (and Congress can't get ANYTHING done in a day).

Oddly and sadly. I say we send all future raises for congress to pay off the national debt.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:34 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Oddly and sadly. I say we send all future raises for congress to pay off the national debt.
ya, if you were pres for the day, you could make that a law.
you would be the most popular president ever. bounce
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DM007 Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:45 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

The President cannot enact any law. Only Congress can do that. Would you vote for your own pay cut? Neither would they. Even if they would, could it happen in a day?

DM007

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:55 pm

DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

The President cannot enact any law. Only Congress can do that. Would you vote for your own pay cut? Neither would they. Even if they would, could it happen in a day?

Nope, the prez really can't do much of anything except veto unless he has congress in his pocket or in this case up his...

Nope, not in a day.

Actually, I'd do that job for a day for a carton of smokes and a couple hummers from the intern of my choice. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Nope, the prez really can't do much of anything except veto unless he has congress in his pocket or in this case up his...

Nope, not in a day.

Actually, I'd do that job for a day for a carton of smokes and a couple hummers from the intern of my choice. Very Happy
gag me
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:24 pm

DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

ya, but you can't be Pres-For-A-Day either. just sayin' Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DM007 Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:26 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Nope, not in a day.

Not a bad idea. But I didn't know interns had Hummers. Thought that was the military.

DM007

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Nope, not in a day.

gag me

Yup, that's the idea. lol! 🐶

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:38 pm

DM007 wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Nope, not in a day.

Not a bad idea. But I didn't know interns had Hummers. Thought that was the military.

You got the wrong kind of hummer in mind. cyclops

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by DM007 Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:43 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
DM007 wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Nope, not in a day.

No. I think you do. Look at what happened to the last guy....

DM007

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:19 am

DM007 wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
DM007 wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Nope, not in a day.

No. I think you do. Look at what happened to the last guy....

Yea, but I aint gonna lie about it. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:02 am

You haven't got your hands behind your back with your fingers crossed, when you say that, eh?

Actually, the state of our congressional and senatorial leaders these days is like something I once heard regarding a log seen floating down the river with somewhere around ten-thousands ants on it, all screaming: " I want to steer!"
Sound outlandish? Certainly, but so this example aptly describes the ACTUAL state of our [hmmmmm.] leadership. in these times. Especially in regard to uncivil and disrespectful individuals.
So their man lost and so that brings them to feel like losers... tooo bad! Razz
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DM007 Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:58 am

coontie wrote:You haven't got your hands behind your back with your fingers crossed, when you say that, eh?

Actually, the state of our congressional and senatorial leaders these days is like something I once heard regarding a log seen floating down the river with somewhere around ten-thousands ants on it, all screaming: " I want to steer!"
Sound outlandish? Certainly, but so this example aptly describes the ACTUAL state of our [hmmmmm.] leadership. in these times. Especially in regard to uncivil and disrespectful individuals.
So their man lost and so that brings them to feel like losers... tooo bad! Razz

I think we are well past that. It's back to politics as usual. The "opposition" will always oppose. The game is blame. No personal responsibility....for anything.

DM007

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:11 pm

HotParadox wrote:
DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

I just substituted the word Pres. instead of King, because we don't have Kings in this country, but you're right, you can't be Pres-For-A-Day. What would you have said if the question read, "If you were King or Queen for a day, what would you do"?
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:45 am

KIll myself Razz xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:23 am

xshivx wrote:KIll myself Razz xxx

Not until you come over here and give me and the Dawg a big hug. lol!

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:04 pm

LOL okay i'll do that first Smile xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Old Timer wrote:

Yea! Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Old Timer wrote:

Hey Xshivx, what about a hug for the Reaper too?
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:00 am

ofcourse NR u can have a hug too Smile xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:40 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:What would you do if you were President for a day?

Introduce several bills that would bailout the banking and the automotive industry, attempt to socialize medicine, destroy the constitution, quadruple the national debt and pass that debt onto our grandchildren......oh wait that has already been done.
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:55 pm

lmao!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

I just substituted the word Pres. instead of King, because we don't have Kings in this country, but you're right, you can't be Pres-For-A-Day. What would you have said if the question read, "If you were King or Queen for a day, what would you do"?
I'm going to assume you're talking to DM007 because I was pointing out to him just what I said lol. ...
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:11 pm

xshivx wrote:ofcourse NR u can have a hug too Smile xxx
Ah, thanks Xsivx, you're so sweet!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:40 am

no need to thank me hun it's my pleasure, and nah i aint i just treat people how they treat me xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:56 am

xshivx wrote:no need to thank me hun it's my pleasure, and nah i aint i just treat people how they treat me xxx

Trust me when I say... It would be his pleasure. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:36 pm

not to mention mine to. hehehehehe

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:43 pm

hehe aaaaaaaaaaaw bless u lot Smile
i luv you all xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down