Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama: First President to Acknowledge Non-Believers

+7
CarolinaHound
Kazza
Americanadian
Theophilus
Cartoon Head
luciano
HotParadox
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Obama: First President to Acknowledge Non-Believers - Page 3 Empty Re: Obama: First President to Acknowledge Non-Believers

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:26 pm

btw could you post the names of those books you suggested? I think one of them was the Origins of Species??? I lost em somewhere along the way, and I want see if I can find em on amazon or someplace and order them next pay day. Never have gotten around to doing that.
Wink Thank you in advance.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Obama: First President to Acknowledge Non-Believers - Page 3 Empty Re: Obama: First President to Acknowledge Non-Believers

Post by catch-22 Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:40 pm

The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:
catch-22 wrote:
The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:People can beleive what they like, if it makes them feel better about themselves.

Just so long as they don't talk to the world about it, as if it were fact.

And if they do, then they should be sure to bring that evidence to the table.

Which they cannot.

Since there is none.
What the hell are you on?
What kind of a stupid statement is that?

What is stupid about it?
What people believe in is based on faith. It is taken to be true to them without the need for evidence (on faith). They do believe! It does make them feel better about themselves and they do want to tell the world about it. If there are others who want to believe, they will follow.

It's called religion and it proliferates the world and there's stuff all you can do about it. Calling for evidence does not lessen the resolve of religious people nor does it further your argument that gods do not exist because, to them, they do and they always will.

catch-22

Male
Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:43 pm

The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:I would do it now, but the g/f wants to spend some time playing a game, and I am a bit stoned as well!

Wink
It will take you a long time. To explore thoroughly and come to my own conclusions, took me years.

In the meantime, have fun tonight
Obama: First President to Acknowledge Non-Believers - Page 3 PP0159
and ponder this.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3