Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Underestimate Anyone...

+9
Terry05_99
xshivx
CarolinaHound
Big Slick
Old Timer
Put It Out There Baby
Peregrine(Endangered)
HotParadox
PaulM
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Never Underestimate Anyone... - Page 3 Empty Re: Never Underestimate Anyone...

Post by HotParadox Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:27 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:True. Most popular singers today sound great after the recording is edited and "airbrushed", so to speak. But they can't sing live to save their lives. So they lip-sync to the recording. Unless their being video taped they probably don't even bother with that. They just dance and let the audiance think they're singing.
and we accept their low standards and general lack of talent as long as their hot. i can understand how actresses that are leading ladies are pressured to be beautiful; at least to a certain degree i understand it, but why singers? as far as actresses, look back to yesteryear, too, when some of the most formidable leading ladies were not at all beautiful but they were valued for their talent, which pales the talent of today's actresses. i think the last of the truly talented leading ladies is meryl streep and helen mirren.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:37 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:True. Most popular singers today sound great after the recording is edited and "airbrushed", so to speak. But they can't sing live to save their lives. So they lip-sync to the recording. Unless their being video taped they probably don't even bother with that. They just dance and let the audiance think they're singing.
and we accept their low standards and general lack of talent as long as their hot. i can understand how actresses that are leading ladies are pressured to be beautiful; at least to a certain degree i understand it, but why singers? as far as actresses, look back to yesteryear, too, when some of the most formidable leading ladies were not at all beautiful but they were valued for their talent, which pales the talent of today's actresses. i think the last of the truly talented leading ladies is meryl streep and helen mirren.

Yea, that's right. Betty Davis and Kathren Hepburn were my favorites, and were pretty in their younger years, but not "hot". But damn they could act.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:00 pm

those were the ones i was thinking of and couldn't remember their names. there was another one, too, the lady who was an abusive mother in real life. i can't recall her name b/c i was little, but i remember that she scared me in 'whatever happened to baby jane'.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:06 pm

Joan Crawford?

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:59 am

CarolinaHound wrote:Joan Crawford?

a.k.a. "Mommy Dearest" Smile

Don't forget Lauren Bacall

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:54 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
PaulM wrote:
HotParadox wrote:exactly, doggieboy and paul, joan crawford; thanks for jarring my brain. Very Happy

lauren bacall was and is still hot. her hotness defies age and wrinkles. she sizzles every time she opens her mouth. same with sophia loren.
Bacall can do it ALL! Drama, Comedy... you name it. She's one great talent. The last films I saw her in were 'The Shootist' with John Wayne and 'My Fellow Americans' with Jack Lemmon. Her roles always portray a strong, intelligent woman... at least those I've seen. Just can't picture her playing a 'helpless' character.

Welll morning Paul, do you remember the name o the movie she starred in with John Wayne about taking a boat load of Chinese to anothr location

Blood Alley

I do thank you kind sir. As always she protrayed a strong, intelligent woman. I gotta add that to my list of movies to get. Have a geat day Paul Very Happy

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
PaulM wrote:
HotParadox wrote:exactly, doggieboy and paul, joan crawford; thanks for jarring my brain. Very Happy

lauren bacall was and is still hot. her hotness defies age and wrinkles. she sizzles every time she opens her mouth. same with sophia loren.
Bacall can do it ALL! Drama, Comedy... you name it. She's one great talent. The last films I saw her in were 'The Shootist' with John Wayne and 'My Fellow Americans' with Jack Lemmon. Her roles always portray a strong, intelligent woman... at least those I've seen. Just can't picture her playing a 'helpless' character.

Welll morning Paul, do you remember the name o the movie she starred in with John Wayne about taking a boat load of Chinese to anothr location

Blood Alley

I do thank you kind sir. As always she protrayed a strong, intelligent woman. I gotta add that to my list of movies to get. Have a geat day Paul Very Happy

Paul??? confused

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:05 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
PaulM wrote:

Blood Alley

Paul??? confused

OPPPssss So solly cholly my bad Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:08 pm

hehehehe... Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:04 pm

looks like he's been tipping the old thumb back. drunken
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:00 pm

"HIC" Who me????????

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:57 pm

HotParadox wrote:looks like he's been tipping the old thumb back. drunken

Bending both elbows. That's the OT dance... burbon one two three more burbon one two three drunken pirat

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:20 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:looks like he's been tipping the old thumb back. drunken

Bending both elbows. That's the OT dance... burbon one two three more burbon one two three drunken pirat

Nope, that's not it. it goes like this.

Bourbon 1 2 3 --- Scotch 1 2 3 --- bourbon 1 2 3 lol!

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:25 am

As global media phenomena go, little could surpass Susan Boyle's stratospheric rise to superstardom. So, what better high note to end an extraordinary week, one that has seen the 47-year-old Scottish singing spinster win plaudits from around the world, than the prospect of a duet with her heroine, Elaine Paige?

It was just before her life-changing performance on Britain's Got Talent last Saturday that Boyle revealed her dream: to become a professional singer as successful as Paige - with whom she has sung along countless times, alone, in front of her bedroom mirror, equipped with a hairbrush for a microphone.

Now, in a message of support, Paige, the original Evita in London's West End, has punted the idea of the pair singing together. "Ever since Susan's appearance on Britain's Got Talent my Radio 2 inbox has been flooded with emails," she writes on her website.
"It seems her performance has captured the hearts of everyone who saw it, me included ... it looks like I have competition! Perhaps we should record a duet?"

But then anything, it seems, could happen now in the incredible brave new world Boyle inhabits. As Paige puts it: "She is a role model for everyone who has a dream."

Paige is just the latest of a string of celebrity endorsers since Boyle's jaw-dropping performance of the Les Misérables song "I Dreamed a Dream" on the ITV talent show, which has so far attracted 25 million YouTube hits, and helped her do what few British A-listers can: crack the US market.

Appearances on Larry King Live, Good Morning America, NBC and CBS, and the prospect of Oprah, have fuelled demand for an album, something of which Britain's Got Talent supremo Simon Cowell and his record label are no doubt aware. Actress Demi Moore - "It made me teary," she tweeted on Twitter - and singer Patti LuPone are among celebrity fans.

"I'm taking it all in my stride," she said yesterday at the pebble-dashed terraced house in Blackburn, West Lothian, in which she grew up, sharing it with her late mother Bridget, who died two years ago. The youngest of nine and with mild learning difficulties caused by oxygen deprivation at birth, Boyle never left home.

Now living alone, with only her cat Pebbles for company, she was spurred to enter the competition by a pledge she made to her mother to do something with her life. "It's all been complete mayhem, like a whirlwind going like an express train," she said. "I never expected all this attention. It's been indescribable and completely mad."

"But," she admitted, "I could get used to it."

Despite the avalanche of tempting showbusiness offers, she is reluctant to discuss possible plans for future public appearances or recording contracts. "It's too early for things like that. I'm just taking baby steps until I see how I do in the competition."

Today the unruly hair, bushy eyebrows and spinster image that for so long attracted cruel teasing, especially from young children, are set to be the passport to her undoubted future success. "Why should I change?" she told Larry King on his US chat show, when asked about her image.

But she does expect life to be very, very different. "Well, I certainly won't be lonely any more."

Just a side note, more people have now watched Susan's video than have watched any Super Bowl game!

Put It Out There Baby

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:46 am

Well Susan Boyle has shown us that an old saying is indeed true. It is not what you have that counts, but rather what you do with what you have.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:02 am

Put It Out There Baby wrote:As global media phenomena go, little could surpass Susan Boyle's stratospheric rise to superstardom. So, what better high note to end an extraordinary week, one that has seen the 47-year-old Scottish singing spinster win plaudits from around the world, than the prospect of a duet with her heroine, Elaine Paige?

It was just before her life-changing performance on Britain's Got Talent last Saturday that Boyle revealed her dream: to become a professional singer as successful as Paige - with whom she has sung along countless times, alone, in front of her bedroom mirror, equipped with a hairbrush for a microphone.

Now, in a message of support, Paige, the original Evita in London's West End, has punted the idea of the pair singing together. "Ever since Susan's appearance on Britain's Got Talent my Radio 2 inbox has been flooded with emails," she writes on her website.
"It seems her performance has captured the hearts of everyone who saw it, me included ... it looks like I have competition! Perhaps we should record a duet?"

But then anything, it seems, could happen now in the incredible brave new world Boyle inhabits. As Paige puts it: "She is a role model for everyone who has a dream."

Paige is just the latest of a string of celebrity endorsers since Boyle's jaw-dropping performance of the Les Misérables song "I Dreamed a Dream" on the ITV talent show, which has so far attracted 25 million YouTube hits, and helped her do what few British A-listers can: crack the US market.

Appearances on Larry King Live, Good Morning America, NBC and CBS, and the prospect of Oprah, have fuelled demand for an album, something of which Britain's Got Talent supremo Simon Cowell and his record label are no doubt aware. Actress Demi Moore - "It made me teary," she tweeted on Twitter - and singer Patti LuPone are among celebrity fans.

"I'm taking it all in my stride," she said yesterday at the pebble-dashed terraced house in Blackburn, West Lothian, in which she grew up, sharing it with her late mother Bridget, who died two years ago. The youngest of nine and with mild learning difficulties caused by oxygen deprivation at birth, Boyle never left home.

Now living alone, with only her cat Pebbles for company, she was spurred to enter the competition by a pledge she made to her mother to do something with her life. "It's all been complete mayhem, like a whirlwind going like an express train," she said. "I never expected all this attention. It's been indescribable and completely mad."

Despite the avalanche of tempting showbusiness offers, she is reluctant to discuss possible plans for future public appearances or recording contracts. "It's too early for things like that. I'm just taking baby steps until I see how I do in the competition."

Today the unruly hair, bushy eyebrows and spinster image that for so long attracted cruel teasing, especially from young children, are set to be the passport to her undoubted future success. "Why should I change?" she told Larry King on his US chat show, when asked about her image.

But she does expect life to be very, very different. "Well, I certainly won't be lonely any more."

Just a side note, more people have now watched Susan's video than have watched any Super Bowl game!

ALL thanks to the Computer and Internet, which have served to change human society in a revolutionary manner as no other thing/s have in human history...
I find myself wondering what future innovations will follow these things. I have just recently bough a lap top computer and a wireless mouse that communicates through a USB module.It is just plug and play [the mouse/module] and beats using the laptop touch pad and switches and has the advantage of no wires and ready portability. It is amazing, the technological advances that are being made. Just gives one a glimpse of potentially what is to come. Some that are fantastic!
As well, different vein; it now developes that we have a 'Craigstlist' Internet Serial Stalker and Killer in the Boston, Mass area!
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:37 pm

coontie wrote:
Put It Out There Baby wrote:As global media phenomena go, little could surpass Susan Boyle's stratospheric rise to superstardom. So, what better high note to end an extraordinary week, one that has seen the 47-year-old Scottish singing spinster win plaudits from around the world, than the prospect of a duet with her heroine, Elaine Paige?

ALL thanks to the Computer and Internet, which have served to change human society in a revolutionary manner as no other thing/s have in human history...
I find myself wondering what future innovations will follow these things. I have just recently bough a lap top computer and a wireless mouse that communicates through a USB module.It is just plug and play [the mouse/module] and beats using the laptop touch pad and switches and has the advantage of no wires and ready portability. It is amazing, the technological advances that are being made. Just gives one a glimpse of potentially what is to come. Some that are fantastic!
As well, different vein; it now developes that we have a 'Craigstlist' Internet Serial Stalker and Killer in the Boston, Mass area!

Hard to believe that we actually never heard of a computer when we were growing huh.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:59 pm

O.T. said: "Hard to believe that we actually never heard of a computer when we were growing huh."

Yes, I agree. But then, through the years, people have came to wonder how, for instance, we never got along, in the past, without things such as:

- gasoline, oil and other petro products.

- aircraft.

- telephones.

- television.

- advanced medicine and it's instruments and technology. Thanks to which some of these advances saved my wife's life recently. Probably less than ten years ago she would have just died.

- there is so, so much that we humans have benefited from. Lets hope in the future that we will devote more of our time and resources to constructive and benefical things, rather than to the destructive things. But, somehow, a mystery, some good and benefical things have emerged out of wars. For instance, advancements in medicine and medical care.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:45 am

Susan has competition...... embedding is diabled so here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7fbCiAFvl0

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:18 am

CarolinaHound wrote:Susan has competition...... embedding is diabled so here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7fbCiAFvl0

So let the games begin. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:26 am

Susan sings acappella on Larry King Interview: