Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Underestimate Anyone...

+9
Terry05_99
xshivx
CarolinaHound
Big Slick
Old Timer
Put It Out There Baby
Peregrine(Endangered)
HotParadox
PaulM
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Never Underestimate Anyone... - Page 4 Empty Re: Never Underestimate Anyone...

Post by Put It Out There Baby Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:36 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I'm not so sure Sinatra could even top her.
Please!!! Do not speak ill of the real, once and forever "King".......my hero!!!! lol

Put It Out There Baby

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:37 pm

HotParadox wrote:hey, don't disrespect ol' blue eyes. Very Happy
Another fan of the Chairman of the Board??? Hot Damn!!!!

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Put It Out There Baby wrote:
HotParadox wrote:hey, don't disrespect ol' blue eyes. Very Happy
Another fan of the Chairman of the Board??? Hot Damn!!!!

Hey, I aint connected. He was. Chairman nope. Actor, singer and entertainer yep. No rat pack no blue eyes. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:22 pm

Susan Boyle: Dying to Win Britain's Got Talent?
Today 9:00 AM PDT by Marc Malkin

AP Photo / Andrew Milligan ,PA
Who’s that brown-haired lady sashaying through the streets of Scotland?

It’s Susan Boyle!

Yes, folks, the Britain’s Got Talent! YouTube sensation has done away with her salt-and-pepper flyaway ’do.

However, a rep for the show insists the cosmetic changes are not something new for Ms. Boyle. In other words, she’s not being put through some sort of insta-celebrity-induced beauty overhaul.

"Her sisters took her to her local salon where she had her monthly trim and a wash in and wash out color put on,” the show’s rep just emailed me. “That is all.”

British newspapers report that Boyle visited the Miss Toner salon near her home in Blackburn, Scotland. The hair job cost $51 and eyebrow pluck about $7, according to the Evening Standard.

The supposed leather jacket she’s been sporting these days turns out to be a $23 PETA-friendly fake from a discount clothing chain.

Boyle did receive true Hollywood treatment when she was in the salon. Just like they do at some stores along L.A.’s über-trendy Robertson Boulevard, window shades at Miss Toner’s were pulled down to keep Boyle away from prying eyes—and paparazzi.

DailyMakeover.com recently presented a couple of computer-generated makeover possibilities for Ms. Boyle. A survey by the beauty website revealed that most people agree with what I said in my videoblog yesterday—some sort of makeover is in order for the rising star. No, nothing radical. Is there really anything wrong with a little stylin' here and there?

So what do you all think of Boyle's spiffed-up look? Let the beauty battles begin!

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b120462_susan_boyle_dying_win_britains_got.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

I think she looks great!

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Put It Out There Baby wrote:Susan Boyle: Dying to Win Britain's Got Talent?

It’s Susan Boyle!

Yes, folks, the Britain’s Got Talent! YouTube sensation has done away with her salt-and-pepper flyaway ’do.

However, a rep for the show insists the cosmetic changes are not something new for Ms. Boyle. In other words, she’s not being put through some sort of insta-celebrity-induced beauty overhaul.

"Her sisters took her to her local salon where she had her monthly trim and a wash in and wash out color put on,” the show’s rep just emailed me. “That is all.”

British newspapers report that Boyle visited the Miss Toner salon near her home in Blackburn, Scotland. The hair job cost $51 and eyebrow pluck about $7, according to the Evening Standard.

The supposed leather jacket she’s been sporting these days turns out to be a $23 PETA-friendly fake from a discount clothing chain.

Boyle did receive true Hollywood treatment when she was in the salon. Just like they do at some stores along L.A.’s über-trendy Robertson Boulevard, window shades at Miss Toner’s were pulled down to keep Boyle away from prying eyes—and paparazzi.

DailyMakeover.com recently presented a couple of computer-generated makeover possibilities for Ms. Boyle. A survey by the beauty website revealed that most people agree with what I said in my videoblog yesterday—some sort of makeover is in order for the rising star. No, nothing radical. Is there really anything wrong with a little stylin' here and there?

So what do you all think of Boyle's spiffed-up look? Let the beauty battles begin!

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b120462_susan_boyle_dying_win_britains_got.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

I think she looks great!

Tis truly said, thou art indeed a gentleman of the old school. My compliments my good man. Laughing

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Old Timer wrote:
Put It Out There Baby wrote:Susan Boyle: Dying to Win Britain's Got Talent?

It’s Susan Boyle!

I think she looks great!

think she was born with the potential to be attractive. Perhaps her self-esteem will improve now and all she will simply need to do is allow her hair to grow somehwhere around shoulder length, where it can be reasonably stiled. Also, lose some weight. This will rid her of her double chin and 'frumpy' appearence. After all, she was a sort of slave most of her life to her parents. taking care of them. Had little or no time left for herself.
Anyhow, I wish her the best. I will say again that I would like to hear her sing more songs. 'Cry Me a River" Is Good! Hope she can find a honest and caring Agent.

Tis truly said, thou art indeed a gentleman of the old school. My compliments my good man. Laughing

Last edited by coontie on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:06 pm

She looked better the way she was.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:25 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:She looked better the way she was.
What makes you say that? All she did was get her hair colored a bit and styled and trimmed her eyebrows. I didn't think she looked "bad" to begin with, but I think it's a great improvement. Most women do the same "treatments" anyways, so it's nothing all that far out or out of the ordinary. She is maybe just taking care of herself and her apperanace a bit more and I think that's a positve thing, just for herself alone. I bet she feels great about it too. All women deserve to feel good when they look in the mirror and feel special in some way.

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:19 pm

What makes you say that? All she did was get her hair colored a bit and styled and trimmed her eyebrows. I didn't think she looked "bad" to begin with, but I think it's a great improvement. Most women do the same "treatments" anyways, so it's nothing all that far out or out of the ordinary. She is maybe just taking care of herself and her apperanace a bit more and I think that's a positve thing, just for herself alone. I bet she feels great about it too. All women deserve to feel good when they look in the mirror and feel special in some way.

hehehe.. now she gives me flashbacks to a friend my parents had when I was a kid. Nice enough lady, sweet as can be, but she'd pinch the heck out of my cheeks. She'd make me hug her which was an experience that would make water boarding seem very tame. Then came the living nightmare, she'd have to kiss me, right smack on the lips, and God bless her, she had breath that could register on a geiger counter. Which now I know she gave me the hug first on purpose so I'd be out of breath with choice but to breath in when the kiss came. It was horrible. For years I'd lose dates because I'd sniff their mouths before I'd kiss them. Very Happy It's funny now, but a true story none the less. Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:42 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

hehehe.. now she gives me flashbacks to a friend my parents had when I was a kid. Nice enough lady, sweet as can be, but she'd pinch the heck out of my cheeks. She'd make me hug her which was an experience that would make water boarding seem very tame. Then came the living nightmare, she'd have to kiss me, right smack on the lips, and God bless her, she had breath that could register on a geiger counter. Which now I know she gave me the hug first on purpose so I'd be out of breath with choice but to breath in when the kiss came. It was horrible. For years I'd lose dates because I'd sniff their mouths before I'd kiss them. Very Happy It's funny now, but a true story none the less. Wink

that's really strange... I had a experience with a family of nudist that lived on the street behind us. They had a big house and yard and it was surrounded by a very high and dense bamboo thicket. I would go over there to play as they seemed like nice folks, even though they ran around naked out in the yard, most of the time. There was the Mom and Dad and a daughter. Seems like I remember that she was probably in her mid twenties. They were people of German descent. I think he was a dentist - he was Doctor ------- [somebody]. This girl was big and attractive. She used to lay me on top of her out on the lawn, like playing. I was about six. I didn't think anything was unusual about this. In later years I had a couple of hmmmmm moments... Later, she was going to new york city and wanted to take me along on the trip. My parents nixxed that!
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:46 pm

coontie wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

that's really strange... I had a experience with a family of nudist that lived on the street behind us. They had a big house and yard and it was surrounded by a very high and dense bamboo thicket. I would go over there to play as they seemed like nice folks, even though they ran around naked out in the yard, most of the time. There was the Mom and Dad and a daughter. Seems like I remember that she was probably in her mid twenties. They were people of German descent. I think he was a dentist - he was Doctor ------- [somebody]. This girl was big and attractive. She used to lay me on top of her out on the lawn, like playing. I was about six. I didn't think anything was unusual about this. In later years I had a couple of hmmmmm moments... Later, she was going to new york city and wanted to take me along on the trip. My parents nixxed that!

Dang parents!!!! lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:24 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
coontie wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

Dang parents!!!! lol!

Yeah they always seemed to want to spoil all of our fun and games. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:31 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

seems to me like there maaaaayyyy have been something twisted about THAT and her and her intentions. Wha'da ya think, hmmmmm??? Rolling Eyes Suspect Twisted Evil
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:50 am

coontie wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

seems to me like there maaaaayyyy have been something twisted about THAT and her and her intentions. Wha'da ya think, hmmmmm??? Rolling Eyes Suspect Twisted Evil

Nope, I just think that he ran into my aunt. She used to do that very same thing to me. And to top it off she used to smell like she took a bath in the worst smelling perfume in the wold. You could not only smell her a block away when she was coming, but the smell lingered on for days it seemed and made us all sick. But the old gal did have a heart of gold.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:13 pm

Old Timer wrote:
coontie wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

Nope, I just think that he ran into my aunt. She used to do that very same thing to me. And to top it off she used to smell like she took a bath in the worst smelling perfume in the wold. You could not only smell her a block away when she was coming, but the smell lingered on for days it seemed and made us all sick. But the old gal did have a heart of gold.

strong perfume is a dead give away of frequent avoidance of soap and water! Suspect But, as you implied, doesn't necessarily 'measure' the nature of such a person.
Brings to mind many years ago [long lead-up story which I wont go into, but those were such very interesting years - I don't think that they will ever be again]... Anyhow, this man that had a distant affiliation to my father who helped him 'find himself again, after he lost all his wealth in the depression of '28; he would show up occasionally at our home. He was a very tall and big man [moreso to little kids - grown adults often appear as giants to little children] It seemed now that he was a 'Peddler', which means that he mad money off the street in any way possible, aside from being involved in illegal things. He would appear out of nowhere, often wearing a large and heavy coat. Inside of this coat were many, many pockets. In these pockets he usually had stuffed into them various candies and cheap, interesting novelty items. In those times there were a lot of these. This due to the times and the war and the economy being sorely depressed. Today, if one has any of thee 'cheap' items, they are so unique that they would bring something like perhaps $50.00 now, for something that cost .05 cents then. Anyhow, he would bend over to our height and allow us to rummage these pockets until we found something we liked. THen, one day, he never came again and I grew up. But somehow, from times to time, as now, I still remember him; his name: 'Paul Tiddlesome'... Interesting about those things, how, out of so many life experiences certain things as this stay with one through a lifetime. I will have to say that there is some signifigance there to such situations, although I seldom can answer why?
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 pm

coontie wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
coontie wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

strong perfume is a dead give away of frequent avoidance of soap and water! Suspect But, as you implied, doesn't necessarily 'measure' the nature of such a person.
Brings to mind many years ago [long lead-up story which I wont go into, but those were such very interesting years - I don't think that they will ever be again]... Anyhow, this man that had a distant affiliation to my father who helped him 'find himself again, after he lost all his wealth in the depression of '28; he would show up occasionally at our home. He was a very tall and big man [moreso to little kids - grown adults often appear as giants to little children] It seemed now that he was a 'Peddler', which means that he mad money off the street in any way possible, aside from being involved in illegal things. He would appear out of nowhere, often wearing a large and heavy coat. Inside of this coat were many, many pockets. In these pockets he usually had stuffed into them various candies and cheap, interesting novelty items. In those times there were a lot of these. This due to the times and the war and the economy being sorely depressed. Today, if one has any of thee 'cheap' items, they are so unique that they would bring something like perhaps $50.00 now, for something that cost .05 cents then. Anyhow, he would bend over to our height and allow us to rummage these pockets until we found something we liked. THen, one day, he never came again and I grew up. But somehow, from times to time, as now, I still remember him; his name: 'Paul Tiddlesome'... Interesting about those things, how, out of so many life experiences certain things as this stay with one through a lifetime. I will have to say that there is some signifigance there to such situations, although I seldom can answer why?

Could it be that it is a fond memory of harder times that we cherish and will not give up and will remain in the back of our minds until needed then springs forth to bring a smile to our face again.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm

The latest on Susan:

Catherine Zeta-Jones reportedly eyeing lead in Susan Boyle bio-pic

29 APRIL 2009 Skip related content
Related photos / videos Catherine Zeta-Jones reportedly eyeing lead in Susan Boyle bio-pic Susan Boyle's meteoric rise to fame continues to attract Hollywood interest. Screen beauty Catherine Zeta-Jones has apparently asked about the film rights to the singer's life story reports the Daily Mail.

"This is one of many requests we have had to play Susan, for movie deals and for stories of her life," said a source on the show. "All these people are coming out and want to be associated with her. She is the biggest thing in the world."

The Welsh actress may have some competition for the story of the Scottish singer's sensational appearance on Britain's Got Talent, though, as Titanic director James Cameron is also reported to have expressed interest in the project.

News of a movie angle came as the church volunteer stepped up efforts to spruce up her image.

In addition to her newly coloured chestnut hair and tweezed eyebrows the church volunteer had adopted plum lipstick this week – the first time she's been seen wearing makeup.

Susan also appeared to have purchased a new outfit comprising a dress with a feminine pussycat bow and cropped jacket.

Thus attired the talent show sensation addressed the regular knot of photographers now camped outside her West Lothian home in Scotland on speculation she wants to leave Simon Cowell's programme to launch her career as soon as possible.

"There is no way I am quitting the show. The only way I'd leave the show is if Simon Cowell kicked me out!" she laughed.

AND:

Ananova:

BGT Star Susan 'Wanted On American Idol'

Britain's Got Talent's singing sensation Susan Boyle has become so popular in the US she is reportedly being wooed by the producers of American Idol.

Ryan Seacrest, the show's presenter, was asked on the Twitter website if the 48 year old would be making an appearance on the US talent programme.

"Genius idea... I'm gonna shoot email to producers now," was his reply.

Though no date has been set, a source on the show has revealed that there is every possibility of Susan performing on it.

Simon Cowell is a boss on both shows, so it could easily happen.

The source said: "If she is not on Idol before this series ends in May, she will probably end up there next year as the BGT winner.

"It would give the show a ratings boost."

A video clip of Susan's performance of I Dreamed A Dream on Britain's Got Talent a few weeks ago has been watched online more than 120 million times - a world record.

Put It Out There Baby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sun May 24, 2009 7:29 pm

Susan in the Semi Finals (she won by the way, and will continue on to the finals next week):