Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

political quotes

+9
Susan aka CV
Theophilus
Big Slick
Peregrine(Endangered)
Grim17
Cartoon Head
HotParadox
Sir Bonvolio
JReed
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

political quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: political quotes

Post by HotParadox Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:O.T., I think we all know how you feel on certain subjects...but we are a diverse people and what you are trying to accomplish is total cesnsorship of bad language on a forum...I normaly don't use bad language but I have gotten steamed up on certain post and it just flys that way sometimes..We have the ability on a forum to ignore posts or topics. It isn't perfect but It can work. There are other persons on this forum who feel the same way you do, maybe you can start such a forum and everyone can be happy... Very Happy
That's a curious thing for you to say. I can't recall ever seeing anyone else here posting something like what you are referring to. Question
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:25 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:O.T., I think we all know how you feel on certain subjects...but we are a diverse people and what you are trying to accomplish is total cesnsorship of bad language on a forum...I normaly don't use bad language but I have gotten steamed up on certain post and it just flys that way sometimes..We have the ability on a forum to ignore posts or topics. It isn't perfect but It can work. There are other persons on this forum who feel the same way you do, maybe you can start such a forum and everyone can be happy... Very Happy
That's a curious thing for you to say. I can't recall ever seeing anyone else here posting something like what you are referring to. Question

Well it seems that I have upset quite a few people here by expressing my views. Tell all of you good foilks what, you will not have to worry about it again. Henceforth I shall keep my big mouth shut and not enter any post of any kind that would say how I feel or think. You have my apologies. Fear not for It shall not be repeated. And that is all I got to say about that. Case is permanently closed.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:31 pm

[quote="Old Timer]
Well it seems that I have upset quite a few people here by expressing my views. Tell all of you good foilks what, you will not have to worry about it again. Henceforth I shall keep my big mouth shut and not enter any post of any kind that would say how I feel or think. You have my apologies. Fear not for It shall not be repeated. And that is all I got to say about that. Case is permanently closed.[/quote]

Wow talk about throwing a fit. So you're taking your ball and going home?

Nothing wrong with people disagreeing with you, that's what this forum is about - debate. And since people have voice their disagreement with your 'feelings' you're going to act like a little kid and throw a fit like that. Man, I expected better out of you OT.

Last edited by Big Slick on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Well it seems that I have upset quite a few people here by expressing my views. Tell all of you good foilks what, you will not have to worry about it again. Henceforth I shall keep my big mouth shut and not enter any post of any kind that would say how I feel or think. You have my apologies. Fear not for It shall not be repeated. And that is all I got to say about that. Case is permanently closed.
Seems silly to me since you make some of the best posts here and guess what, your opinions are as valid as anyone else's. Don't let anyone cramp your style, OT.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

You havent upset me in the least bit, you needn't apologize for anything, as I dont think anyone else does either. I really hope you will take a deep breath, walk away for a bit and reconsider, Id hate to see you go, and I would hate to see the "crew" broke up!

Speak your mind OT, you have my respect more than you know!
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:53 pm

HotParadox wrote:

No one in particular...but law of average...I'm sure there would be at least one other person that felt the same way on this forum..Myself for one but I do have lapses.hehehe Very Happy cyclops
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

No one in particular...but law of average...I'm sure there would be at least one other person that felt the same way on this forum..Myself for one but I do have lapses.hehehe Very Happy cyclops
Now, that answers my question very, very well. P. Very Happy cat
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:32 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Seems silly to me since you make some of the best posts here and guess what, your opinions are as valid as anyone else's. Don't let anyone cramp your style, OT.

It certainly is not my purpose to cramp O.T.s style...Thats the beauty, he has the right to voice his feelings and so does everyone else...but we have to accept that not everyone is going to agree with us...I'm against censorship period...it goes against our constitution and everything we stand for.That is why forums have moderators. They make the final decision on language used in posts and they do a fine job...
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

It certainly is not my purpose to cramp O.T.s style...Thats the beauty, he has the right to voice his feelings and so does everyone else...but we have to accept that not everyone is going to agree with us...I'm against censorship period...it goes against our constitution and everything we stand for.That is why forums have moderators. They make the final decision on language used in posts and they do a fine job...
No, it is not your style to cramp anyone's style, P. I had always thought of you as a live and let live type. Censorship is anti-American and we all have a right to say what we want and disregard what we don't like hearing. Thank you for the nice words; much appreciated.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Old Timer your one of the best. You get so focused on different subjects. I know I do. I get so focused that I lose all sense of humor. I sometimes don't really see what people are saying. Your passion for subjects is great. I may not know you, though I sort of know how you think. You always think your winning, on the last person to post here wins thread. You have great humor, and as I said great passion for different subjects. Please do say how you feel or think. I always look forward to your thoughts, and insight on a variety threads.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:06 pm

I second that, howdy. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:21 pm

The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish spurting out ink.
George Orwell - "Politics and the English Language"

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:16 pm

We'd all like to vote for the best man, but he's never a candidate. ~Frank McKinney "Kin" Hubbard
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:44 pm

First I would like to thank all of you for your wonderul comments. Secondly I would like to apologize or causing something of a problem here as that was never my intention. I felt that I was doing the same thing as the person that made the post that I found to be objectional. It seems that it is alright to make a very vulgar and obscene post ( I am not saying that it was the posters own words, ). And yet it also seems that it is not alright to be able to voice an objection to it. So, it seems to me that nobody wants to be censored but they want to be able to tell others what not to say. I believe that the below item from Wikipedia is correct,

Censorship is the suppression of speech or deletion of communicative material which may be considered objectionable, harmful or sensitive, as determined by a censor. The rationale for censorship is different for various types of information censored:

Now, I to have been around the block a few times myself, and not only know the words, their meaning but have used them all during the course of my life. In all probability I may have even tried to invent a few myself.

I discussed it with my wife and a few of my closer friends both male and female. It seems that all were not only aghast but offended by what was posted. So OK, we all let go with a few now and then, myself included. I am sure that everyone has said the hell with it, or maybe oh shit and I am sure that a few dammits have been said to. But the terminology use in that post crossed into the area of pure vulgarity. Who said them is not important.

I am not asking anyone to censor anything but themselves. I honestly believe that type of language has no place on this forum. A little common sense and common courtesy can and will go a long way. In all honesty to myself and those that know me I simply cannot condone it and will not ever sit back and not say anything.

Exercising one's freedom of speech and expression is one of our greatest heritage. To use it is magnificent and to abuse it is wrong. I also realize that one's person view of something is not the same as another perosns view. To those of you I have offended I apologize. But be warned that I would and will do the same in the future as I feel that it is wrong and I have to stand up for what I believe to be right.

If any of you feel that I am transgressing on your right of free speech then you have the right and priviledge to protest and to let the owner be aware of your feelings. The owner will have to be the one to make the rules and to enforce them as they see fit.

Sorry I got so long winded here folks. I just felt I had to say what and how I felt. Have a great day everyone.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan aka CV Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Old Timer wrote:First I would like to thank all of you for your wonderul comments. Secondly I would like to apologize or causing something of a problem here as that was never my intention. I felt that I was doing the same thing as the person that made the post that I found to be objectional. It seems that it is alright to make a very vulgar and obscene post ( I am not saying that it was the posters own words, ). And yet it also seems that it is not alright to be able to voice an objection to it. So, it seems to me that nobody wants to be censored but they want to be able to tell others what not to say. I believe that the below item from Wikipedia is correct,

Censorship is the suppression of speech or deletion of communicative material which may be considered objectionable, harmful or sensitive, as determined by a censor. The rationale for censorship is different for various types of information censored:

Now, I to have been around the block a few times myself, and not only know the words, their meaning but have used them all during the course of my life. In all probability I may have even tried to invent a few myself.

I discussed it with my wife and a few of my closer friends both male and female. It seems that all were not only aghast but offended by what was posted. So OK, we all let go with a few now and then, myself included. I am sure that everyone has said the hell with it, or maybe oh shit and I am sure that a few dammits have been said to. But the terminology use in that post crossed into the area of pure vulgarity. Who said them is not important.

I am not asking anyone to censor anything but themselves. I honestly believe that type of language has no place on this forum. A little common sense and common courtesy can and will go a long way. In all honesty to myself and those that know me I simply cannot condone it and will not ever sit back and not say anything.

Exercising one's freedom of speech and expression is one of our greatest heritage. To use it is magnificent and to abuse it is wrong. I also realize that one's person view of something is not the same as another perosns view. To those of you I have offended I apologize. But be warned that I would and will do the same in the future as I feel that it is wrong and I have to stand up for what I believe to be right.

If any of you feel that I am transgressing on your right of free speech then you have the right and priviledge to protest and to let the owner be aware of your feelings. The owner will have to be the one to make the rules and to enforce them as they see fit.

Sorry I got so long winded here folks. I just felt I had to say what and how I felt. Have a great day everyone.
hi OT. as one who uses alot of the language you dislike so much, please accept my apology NOW for anything i say in the future that might offend.

i promise you this - right here; right now: I will NEVER use foul language in any responses that i make directly to you, okay? and i hope, out of respect for how you feel, no one else does either.

I love you I love you I love you
CV

Susan aka CV

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:11 am

Susan aka CV wrote:
Old Timer wrote:First I would like to thank all of you for your wonderul comments. Secondly I would like to apologize or causing something of a problem here as that was never my intention. I felt that I was doing the same thing as the person that made the post that I found to be objectional. It seems that it is alright to make a very vulgar and obscene post ( I am not saying that it was the posters own words, ). And yet it also seems that it is not alright to be able to voice an objection to it. So, it seems to me that nobody wants to be censored but they want to be able to tell others what not to say. I believe that the below item from Wikipedia is correct,

hi OT. as one who uses alot of the language you dislike so much, please accept my apology NOW for anything i say in the future that might offend.

i promise you this - right here; right now: I will NEVER use foul language in any responses that i make directly to you, okay? and i hope, out of respect for how you feel, no one else does either.

I love you I love you I love you
CV

I do thank you Susan.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:43 pm

Definition of Politics: "Poli" in latin meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "blood-sucking parasites."
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:46 pm

"Bush Sr. was a jerk, Quayle an idiot, Clinton was atrocious and disgusting, most of those who persecuted him were hypocritical, Gore is shallow and weak, Bradley is an idealist, Bush Jr. a fool, and all of the independent candidates act like they're on drugs."

-David Borenstein, On the politics of the 1990's
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks. ~Doug Larson
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:22 am

"The incestuous relationship between government and big business thrives in the dark."
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:57 am

We'd all like to vote for the best man, but he's never a candidate. ~Frank McKinney "Kin" Hubbard
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:04 pm

POLITICS, n.
A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.

Ambrose Bierce
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:42 pm

"Blessed are the young, for they will inherit the national debt." - President Herbert Hoover
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:46 pm

"It's income tax time again, Americans: time to gather up those receipts, get out those tax forms, sharpen up that pencil, and stab yourself in the aorta." - Dave Barry

Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:13 pm

HotParadox wrote:
"It's income tax time again, Americans: time to gather up those receipts, get out those tax forms, sharpen up that pencil, and stab yourself in the aorta." - Dave Barry

Very Happy

Laughing Laughing . I love Dave Barry and his columns, sometimes they are even in our little newspaper.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:16 am

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt, radio speech, 26 October 1939
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan aka CV Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:06 pm

political quotes - Page 2 Politics

Susan aka CV

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:28 pm

"Bottom line on this is that there are Americans who despise their country and, increasingly, they are becoming accepted. This makes me queasy. And that comes from the heart." Bill O'Reilly
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:42 pm

"A Liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel."
Robert Frost
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan aka CV Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:58 pm

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."President George W. Bush, in an interview with the Jerusalem Post, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

"So what?" President Bush, responding to a an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded, Dec. 14, 2008

Susan aka CV

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:31 pm

Susan aka CV wrote:"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."President George W. Bush, in an interview with the Jerusalem Post, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

"So what?" President Bush, responding to a an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded, Dec. 14, 2008

All I can say, there should be prosecutions ahead for President Bush/Cheny..they should not be allowed to get away with the things he and Cheney did together by misusing the constitution Evil or Very Mad I'm not happy with President Obama's stance on this issue either.
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:17 am

George Washington is the only president who didn't blame the previous administration for his troubles. ~Author Unknown
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am

Vote for the man who promises least. He'll be the least disappointing.
-Bernard Baruch
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:28 am

A promising young man should go into politics so that he can go on promising for the rest of his life.
-Robert Byrne
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim17 Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Susan aka CV wrote:"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."President George W. Bush, in an interview with the Jerusalem Post, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

Come on CV... Taking quotes out of context is something I didn't expect from you.

Here is what the president said that preceeded that quote, along with the ENTIRE quote itself:

George W. Bush - 5/12/08 wrote:Bush insisted he was not looking to his legacy. "I'm not running for the Nobel Peace Prize. I'm just trying to be a guy to use the influence of the United States to move the process along," he said.

But he added that "I hope that history will say that this is a guy who clearly saw the world the way it is. I can assure you that al-Qaida, Hamas and Hizbullah don't think about the comforts of life. They are driven. And the fundamental challenge facing this world is, well, countries like the United States, be prepared to continue to stay in the lead."

Concluding the conversation, the president observed, "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office. But one of [those legacies] has got to be, he clearly saw the threat and he did something about it."
Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:40 pm

Grim17 wrote:

Come on CV... Taking quotes out of context is something I didn't expect from you.

Here is what the president said that preceeded that quote, along with the ENTIRE quote itself:

What are you talking about? Every quote is something taken out of context.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2