Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presidential Speech Last Night

+6
CarolinaHound
HotParadox
Peregrine(Endangered)
JReed
Old Timer
Big Slick
10 posters

Go down

Presidential Speech Last Night Empty Presidential Speech Last Night

Post by Big Slick Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:29 pm

I put this here because this is not a political topic. For the sake of this thread, I don't care what you thought about the speech if you believed it, republican, democrat, whatever. Grim started a thread in the politics section where you can do that.

Here is what I want to talk about. Did anyone else notice that everytime Obama finished a sentence, the whole room gave a standing ovation? This is not limited to Obama, they do this to every president. Personally I think it's rediculous. Aren't standing ovations supposed to be for the end or for a part that is just overwhelming that you have to stand for it? But doesn't standing for everything, diminish everything?

Did anyone else think this was just silly? His speech could have been 30 minutes shorter if everyone just waited until he was finished to cheer and just let him speak.

Just something I noticed last night that made me laugh.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Presidential Speech Last Night Empty Re: Presidential Speech Last Night

Post by Old Timer Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:41 pm

Big Slick wrote:I put this here because this is not a political topic. For the sake of this thread, I don't care what you thought about the speech if you believed it, republican, democrat, whatever. Grim started a thread in the politics section where you can do that.

Here is what I want to talk about. Did anyone else notice that everytime Obama finished a sentence, the whole room gave a standing ovation? This is not limited to Obama, they do this to every president. Personally I think it's rediculous. Aren't standing ovations supposed to be for the end or for a part that is just overwhelming that you have to stand for it? But doesn't standing for everything, diminish everything?

Did anyone else think this was just silly? His speech could have been 30 minutes shorter if everyone just waited until he was finished to cheer and just let him speak.

Just something I noticed last night that made me laugh.

I call it kissing A**

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by JReed Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:07 pm

I agree. Pelosi could barely contain herself. I could see her pre-emptively twitching in anticipation of cramming her head up his ass....I mean standing and applauding.

It's stupid. THe speech could have been done in 10 minutes if not less. It's a waste of time.
JReed
JReed

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Ironman
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:10 pm

JReed wrote:I agree. Pelosi could barely contain herself. I could see her pre-emptively twitching in anticipation of cramming her head up his ass....I mean standing and applauding.

It's stupid. THe speech could have been done in 10 minutes if not less. It's a waste of time.

It was annoying...but thats how they do it at these speeches....It was a good speech...as washington speeches go.
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:11 pm

JReed wrote:I agree. Pelosi could barely contain herself. I could see her pre-emptively twitching in anticipation of cramming her head up his ass....I mean standing and applauding.

Oh I know!! Pelosi was killing me. I was watching her more than Obama. She looked like she needed to pee and couldn't hold it. This whole scene is so silly.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:11 pm

LOL Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:25 pm

HotParadox wrote:

LOL Very Happy

A good cartoon would have had a better reception.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:47 pm

Didn't watch it, never do watch them for that reason and the fact that they are meaningless. Little more than a campain speech to pleed for continued support for their policies.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jigglepete Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:12 pm

What I found interesting was paying attention to who actually stood for the ovations, and who did not...For the first one, the entire Dem side was up cheering, and smug, while the entire other side sat (except for the three crossovers whom were spread out in entirely different parts of the Rep section...That was on the bailout)...As the speech progressed, it seemed that there was much standing on both sides of the isle...I could have made a list of which issues are viewed as important to each party just by observing this behavior...Actually I just thought of a subject for my dissertation Very Happy

jigglepete

Male
Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Gardening/GARdening
Humor : Some think yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:49 pm

jigglepete wrote:What I found interesting was paying attention to who actually stood for the ovations, and who did not...For the first one, the entire Dem side was up cheering, and smug, while the entire other side sat (except for the three crossovers whom were spread out in entirely different parts of the Rep section...That was on the bailout)...As the speech progressed, it seemed that there was much standing on both sides of the isle...I could have made a list of which issues are viewed as important to each party just by observing this behavior...Actually I just thought of a subject for my dissertation Very Happy

Glad I could help... Laughing
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:27 pm

Pelosi got her blinking problem under control a bit, when Bush would give his state of the union speeches her eyes would blink uncontrollably, maybe Dick Cheney was using his dark powers on her as he sat next to her Laughing

Just watched it(DVR) and I thought it was a good speech, Bobby Jindal was terrible afterward, didnt make much sense, he told a little story and rolled out. lol.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:26 pm

I think they would applause to anything.

Idiots.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:40 pm

This obviously was based upon the spontaneous desire of the audience. They were excited and exhuberant because I think they feel they have a reason to with such a dynamic man.
Would you have felt better if there had been a lot of cat calls and boos.
By the way: I really thought it was very rude that Jindal followed with his talk. As well, he has been harshly ridiculed for his appearence and performance.
I happen to live in the State of Lousiana where he is Governor. HE made the statement that he is going to accept some of the money, but not all of it. Made some lame explanation of why this was. Had something to do with support of and education program, that when this support is eneded people will feel like it should be extended through other meanse. Meaning from the state.
However, regardles of what he said & says, there are a lot of others of his own party that are saying something to the effect "bring on the money"; we'll take anything 'they' want to give us.
Like 'some specific' {i'll leave it at that] american citizens i've heard express that they don't approve of President Obama. However, I seriouslyt doubt that they will refuse the extra $250.00 payment they get in their social security check, as well as the considerable tax cut they will realize immediately, for 2009. Also, those living in homes where they have no business being in the first plae, because they foolishly bought in over their heads, but were trying to be in the upper crust snobs-ville category. Now, they are living in homes that they are far behind on their mortage payments; they are anxiously awauiting 'their portion' of this money so that they can continue to live in these overrated and over costed homes at taxpayers expensiv. No, none of these will refuse any portion of money they will realize from this bill that was passed that he spoke about, but they hypocritically geer him and insult him. I just don't get it.
For a change, we have someone in Wshington that seems to care about we the people and not the wealthy and big business which for fdar too long has enjoyed fat luxury and extravagance at the expense of we the taxpayers. It is about time that we have someone there that gives a damn about us and not like the most rtecent past administration that just walked out of the whitehouse and left the country in chaos.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:43 pm

luciano wrote:Pelosi got her blinking problem under control a bit, when Bush would give his state of the union speeches her eyes would blink uncontrollably, maybe Dick Cheney was using his dark powers on her as he sat next to her Laughing

Just watched it(DVR) and I thought it was a good speech, Bobby Jindal was terrible afterward, didnt make much sense, he told a little story and rolled out. lol.

The only thing that Chaney is concerned about is that they keep his office at Haliburton-Brown & Root spiffy and available and ready for him on his whim to walk in. He's been on the payroll right along, I am sure.
Otherwise, I caution Mr. Obama to think carefully about accepting and invitation from Chaney for a little Phesant Hunting in Wyoming next Fall... Shocked Twisted Evil
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content