Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germany Defends Israeli Military Action in Gaza

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Germany Defends Israeli Military Action in Gaza - Page 2 Empty Re: Germany Defends Israeli Military Action in Gaza

Post by Cartoon Head Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:42 am

Yeah, but she is the exception. I love you

Seriously though, I do not think a lot of people appreciate how much of a stresser they can be, esp when young.

They should try a few nights of broken sleep, that might make them less dewy eyed about having them!

Cartoon Head

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Germany Defends Israeli Military Action in Gaza - Page 2 Empty Re: Germany Defends Israeli Military Action in Gaza

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:44 am

HotParadox wrote:
The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:I find kids a bit annoying, if am being honest!

Don't think I am v paternal, really.

No
A bit? They are very annoying, that's why they're kids! Adults who are annoying are really kids who never grew up. Still do all the little things that are annoying/endearing/charming in children but revolting in adults.

Btw, I bet your D would not agree with you. I love you

I am not revolting. tongue

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catch-22 Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:45 am

CarolinaHound wrote:I agree with the parenting licence. But..... How are you going to keep them from making babies without taking the class? Forced contraceptives? That's a human rights law suit if I ever heard one. But then you could argue the human rights of the baby, not having qualified parents. That's a catch-22.

(I wonder if you say catch-22 three times will catch-22 show up like beetle juice. scratch ) lol!
What the?
What am I doing here! affraid
I wonder why humans would need a license to procreate yet wolves do not? Nor do alligators, mice, orangutans, echidnas or fruit bats. Most animals are born experts in the art of survival yet losses of young ones are unavoidable and acceptable. Why is this not the case with humans?

catch-22

Male
Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:50 am

The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:Yeah, but she is the exception. I love you

Seriously though, I do not think a lot of people appreciate how much of a stresser they can be, esp when young.

They should try a few nights of broken sleep, that might make them less dewy eyed about having them!

Could it be it's just other peoples children that annoy you? I notice things about other peoples kids that get on my nerves that I've already weaned mine from doing. I actually get more annoyed at the parent than I do the kid for letting them run around all harry karrie and stuff.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:53 am

catch - 22 wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:I agree with the parenting licence. But..... How are you going to keep them from making babies without taking the class? Forced contraceptives? That's a human rights law suit if I ever heard one. But then you could argue the human rights of the baby, not having qualified parents. That's a catch-22.

(I wonder if you say catch-22 three times will catch-22 show up like beetle juice. scratch ) lol!
What the?
I wonder why humans would need a license to procreate yet wolves do not? Nor do alligators, mice, orangutans, echidnas or fruit bats. Most animals are born experts in the art of survival yet losses of young ones are unavoidable and acceptable. Why is this not the case with humans?

Wow.. It does work. Wink

Got no clue on that one. I'm sure it has something to do with us being more intelligent than the animals. confused

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:55 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:I find kids a bit annoying, if am being honest!

Don't think I am v paternal, really.

No
A bit? They are very annoying, that's why they're kids! Adults who are annoying are really kids who never grew up. Still do all the little things that are annoying/endearing/charming in children but revolting in adults.

Btw, I bet your D would not agree with you. I love you

I am not revolting. tongue
You are.

Get the kettle on. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:58 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
catch - 22 wrote:

What the?

Wow.. It does work. Wink

Got no clue on that one. I'm sure it has something to do with us being more intelligent than the animals. confused
ROFL!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by catch-22 Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:03 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
catch - 22 wrote:

What the?

Wow.. It does work. Wink

ROFL!
Are you saying we are not animals?

(Sorry Hot! Responded to the wrong post)
This software is very unforgiving. Will take a little bit of getting used to!

Last edited by catch - 22 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

catch-22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:03 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Get the kettle on. Very Happy

There are sooo many ways I could take that. affraid

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:05 pm

catch - 22 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
catch - 22 wrote:

What the?

Wow.. It does work. Wink

ROFL!

Well I am, or so I've been told along with a few other things I won't mention here. But no, I meant the other animals. lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by catch-22 Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:12 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
catch - 22 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
catch - 22 wrote:

What the?

Wow.. It does work. Wink

ROFL!

Well I am, or so I've been told along with a few other things I won't mention here. But no, I meant the other animals. lol!
We are ALL animals in that sense! Twisted Evil

Still makes me wonder! If we are more intelligent than other animals, wouldn't that makes us better at survival?

I don't know of any other animal which is born totally dependent on it's mother (in particular) for survival. But I would be happy if anyone else would know!

catch-22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Let me tell you something. I always tell you how great my kids are; how well they have turned out. Well, as little ones, they were more disruptive than most! Sweet, but so disruptive. But, I had a job to do, like all of us, and I let them carry on, as long as they were within bounds... and that disruptiveness in kids is what bright adults are made of.

The stress never goes away. Just different worries: will they get home ok, will they find a mate who won't take advantage of them, will they take good care of my grandchildren someday, will my grandchildren be healthy? Oy. Never ending.

Does this ring true with you too, with your own D? I tell my kids, don't just pick a husband or wife, but also pick the father or mother of your future children. Divorce is not an option for children. I know there are some cases, but you get my point.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:25 pm

HotParadox wrote:

Let me tell you something. I always tell you how great my kids are; how well they have turned out. Well, as little ones, they were more disruptive than most! Sweet, but so disruptive. But, I had a job to do, like all of us, and I let them carry on, as long as they were within bounds... and that distuptiveness in kids is what bright adults are made of.

The stress never goes away. Just different worries: will they get home ok, will they find a mate who won't take advantage of them, will they take good care of my grandchildren someday, will my grandchildren be healthy? Oy. Never ending.

Does this ring true with you too, with your own D? I tell my kids, don't just pick a husband or wife, but also pick the father or mother of your future children. Divorce is not an option for children. I know there are some cases, but you get my point.

How disruptive were they? My brother shot the stained glass windows out of the church, set the neighbors yard on fire. He, my siter and their friends buried a farm tractor. My bro put a friend of his head through a wall, I came along several years later and did the samething... different friend. Pop won't paying attention one day and I flipped the lawnmower. I think I was 5 on that one, so not too little then. Our famous last words were not "Hey! watch this!" They were, "OH S***!!!" hehehehe

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:22 pm

I said disruptive, not psychotic. Suspect
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:33 pm

catch - 22 wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
catch - 22 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
catch - 22 wrote:

What the?

Wow.. It does work. Wink

ROFL!

We are ALL animals in that sense! Twisted Evil

Still makes me wonder! If we are more intelligent than other animals, wouldn't that makes us better at survival?

I don't know of any other animal which is born totally dependent on it's mother (in particular) for survival. But I would be happy if anyone else would know!

There are many examples, among birds, mammals, and inverts.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:35 pm

HotParadox wrote:

Let me tell you something. I always tell you how great my kids are; how well they have turned out. Well, as little ones, they were more disruptive than most! Sweet, but so disruptive. But, I had a job to do, like all of us, and I let them carry on, as long as they were within bounds... and that disruptiveness in kids is what bright adults are made of.

Why not?

It is always an option, if there is not happiness.

It is an option that everyone should explore, if need be.

Question

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:16 pm

The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Why not?

It is always an option, if there is not happiness.

It is an option that everyone should explore, if need be.

Question
Because, by the time a child would divorce his parents, the harm has been done. I would like my children to pick a mate mindful to chose wisely, not just blindly, because little ones will be involved. If you see what I'm saying.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Yeah.

But you have to let children be adults, and give them the freedom to pick their own partners, right?

Otherwise you just end up alienating them, imo.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:36 pm

The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:Yeah.

But you have to let children be adults, and give them the freedom to pick their own partners, right?

Otherwise you just end up alienating them, imo.
Absolutely. This is something I taught them from early on. You know, I'd teach them stuff, age appropriate, as they were growing. Now, for the most part, I sit back and watch them sink or swim.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Your gonna make a great grandmother, a bit of an ornery one, but a great one non the less. cheers

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2