Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost of Vanished Post

+3
HotParadox
Peregrine(Endangered)
coontie
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lost of Vanished Post Empty Lost of Vanished Post

Post by coontie Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:29 pm

How many participants of this website have experienced lost or vanished post to threads? I think so far I have experienced this about ten or twelve times out of the total number of my current post.
I haven't figured out yet what is going on.
It is really sort of irritating to take the time and care about the topic enough to type out comments and "send" only to have them vanish... When that happens I don't bother to try again for that session and often don't make another attempt at all.
What are others thoughts, opinions?
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Lost of Vanished Post Empty Re: Lost of Vanished Post

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Have you tried contacting one of the Mods...they should be able to help you sort this out.....
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Lost of Vanished Post Empty "Lost or Vanished Post"

Post by coontie Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:46 pm

Why should I contact one of them? I think the problem is already obvious. I think there are probably others that have the same experience.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:00 pm

coontie wrote:Why should I contact one of them? I think the problem is already obvious. I think there are probably others that have the same experience.
The problem wasn't obvious to me. If you don't contact me, how would I know what the problem is? PM me anytime or go to the "Problems? Ask me" thread if ever you need my help.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 pm

HotParadox wrote:
coontie wrote:Why should I contact one of them? I think the problem is already obvious. I think there are probably others that have the same experience.
The problem wasn't obvious to me. If you don't contact me, how would I know what the problem is? PM me anytime or go to the "Problems? Ask me" thread if ever you need my help.

How can I point out something that no longer exists - vanshes as I commented. And no, I haven't been hitting the sauce!
Besides, as I also commented, I think it is possible that others have had the same experience. After all the commentary and posting procedure here is obviously a no brainer, as in pretty straight forward.
I think it might have something to do with two people that simultaneously "send", make a post. One collides with the other. One post makes it on to the forum okay. The other just gets eliminated. There are some obvious "glitches" on here and I am sure I am not the only one that experiences them. I would thinkk, including moderators. Anyweay, I usually just shrugh and say oh well and usuall then just sign off. Today, this one particular time, I cared enough to make the extra effort to comment. Don't care for any hassles though.
That is, unless you moderators are doing some behind the scenes deleting of certain threads. Although I would have to say that all that I have ever commented is quite inane and harmless. That is, unless someone just wants some practice? WHo Knows... Shocked Rolling Eyes
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:29 pm

coontie wrote:How can I point out something that no longer exists - vanshes as I commented.
I meant to say: How can I know that you are experiencing any problem, not just this one, unless you say to me, "I am having a problem with.....can you help me with the problem?".

I don't have to SEE the problem, you obviously can't show me a deleted post, but you CAN tell me that your posts are vanishing. You can describe the problem to me. I can't read your mind!
coontie wrote:Besides, as I also commented, I think it is possible that others have had the same experience. After all the commentary and posting procedure here is obviously a no brainer, as in pretty straight forward.
I think it might have something to do with two people that simultaneously "send", make a post. One collides with the other. One post makes it on to the forum okay. The other just gets eliminated. There are some obvious "glitches" on here and I am sure I am not the only one that experiences them. I would thinkk, including moderators. Anyweay, I usually just shrugh and say oh well and usuall then just sign off. Today, this one particular time, I cared enough to make the extra effort to comment. Don't care for any hassles though.
That is, unless you moderators are doing some behind the scenes deleting of certain threads. Although I would have to say that all that I have ever commented is quite inane and harmless. That is, unless someone just wants some practice? WHo Knows... Shocked Rolling Eyes
I have read your posts and I have never found a reason to delete them! And I don't think we need the practice! lol
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:11 pm

I think this is only happening to you - it hasn't happened to me at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:11 pm

No not me my posts have not been lost. Now me, well that is a different story. Shocked

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:38 pm

I haven't seen or had any "lost" posts...

It could be possible you accidentially hit "preview" ?
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:39 pm

I had a issue at first a couple times then I realized that someone had posted while I was writing mine. Rather than reading where it said some one had posted do you still want to post, or whatever it says, I assumed it posted and I navigated away from that page without clicking save. Since I figured that out I haven't had a problem.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:41 pm

I think the 'hound-dog' may have hit it! That happened to me as well before I figured it out.
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm still lost. Does anybody know where I am at. Sad

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:44 pm

Old Timer wrote:I'm still lost. Does anybody know where I am at. Sad

I think the aliens snatched you. alien I'm sure they'll bring you back rather quickly though. lol! 🐶

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:44 pm

You mean that they won't want me either.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:49 pm

Old Timer wrote:You mean that they won't want me either.

Oh everybody wants you around OT, they would just realize what a shame it would be to deprive our primative species of your booming personality.
yea....... that's the ticket. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Oh gee, and I thought that you had't noticed. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Lost of Vanished Post Empty Lost Or Vanished Post

Post by coontie Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:50 pm

Paradox; you just reiterated what I stated in my last post in your remarks... Thanks for reading it , ANYHOW...
I suppose I am just operating in the "Twilight Zone", or a figment of my imigination.
Anyway, forget it - that is why I held off mentioning it for so long., I know better now...
Anyway, I expected O.T. to don his halo... Razz
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:54 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I had a issue at first a couple times then I realized that someone had posted while I was writing mine. Rather than reading where it said some one had posted do you still want to post, or whatever it says, I assumed it posted and I navigated away from that page without clicking save. Since I figured that out I haven't had a problem.

Yeah, Dog; I implied that I was suspicious of some such pecularity as what you have mentioned occuring. Like two people facing each other with pistols, and just by coincidence, both fire simultaneously. The bullets hit each other, one is oblierated and the other makes it to the target, or something like that.... Mumble, Mumble.
Anyhow, it is perplexing. Of course some here are implying that I am an idiot, or at best just imaging things.. ho hummm.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:08 pm

coontie wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:I had a issue at first a couple times then I realized that someone had posted while I was writing mine. Rather than reading where it said some one had posted do you still want to post, or whatever it says, I assumed it posted and I navigated away from that page without clicking save. Since I figured that out I haven't had a problem.

Yeah, Dog; I implied that I was suspicious of some such pecularity as what you have mentioned occuring. Like two people facing each other with pistols, and just by coincidence, both fire simultaneously. The bullets hit each other, one is oblierated and the other makes it to the target, or something like that.... Mumble, Mumble.
Anyhow, it is perplexing. Of course some here are implying that I am an idiot, or at best just imaging things.. ho hummm.

I don't think they meant to imply that man. But after you post you'll either get something that says click here to view your post or something along those lines, then it will automatically take you to your posted post on the forum. But if someone posted while you were posting and theirs took you'll probably get a different message after you click save. Says something about someone posting while you were writing yours and gives a button to modify your post and a save button beside it. If you don't click the save it will be lost. That's what I did, just wasn't paying attention and didn't have the patiance to wait for it to redirect me and clicked the home button instead of save and the post was lost. Just throwing it in as a sugestion. Hope it helps. Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:51 pm

coontie wrote:Paradox; you just reiterated what I stated in my last post in your remarks... Thanks for reading it , ANYHOW...
I suppose I am just operating in the "Twilight Zone", or a figment of my imigination.
Anyway, forget it - that is why I held off mentioning it for so long., I know better now...
Anyway, I expected O.T. to don his halo... Razz
Coontie, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way or if you think that I believe that you are dreaming this up. I honestly don't know what could have caused the problem which makes me the one in the Twilight Zone and not you. I will always do my best to help you if you come to me with a problem. If I don't know the answer, I will tell you that, but then I will do my best to find the answer to the problem. I will then get back to you with the answer as soon as possible. All of your questions and problems are very important to me. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Lost of Vanished Post Empty Good Morning Coontie!

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:47 am

Hi Coontie,

These two tips I am giving you here are from my good friend Catch-22 and were also mentioned yesterday by doggieboy, but I thought I would just put them in one concise post for you to be able to quickly refer to, if ever you want:

1. When a post quoted to another post is sent and a post by another member has been sent before the reply is sent, the user is alerted to the fact that a post has been made and the user is given a chance to review and either edit or delete their post. At first glance, it appears to be a glitch and the user may select the delete button rather than the send button.

2. Another possibility is by pressing the preview button instead of the send button. The next screen to come up looks just like the reply has loaded. If the user then clicks on the 'Home' button, and the page is in preview mode, the post will be lost.

If you would like, you could give these both a try by responding to this post, as a test, and then tell me how you make out.

I hope this helps.
Hot flower

My thanks to doggieboy and C.
I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:20 pm

Coontie: This is exactly what happens...it has happened to me a few times and I figured it out...especially if you are typing a long post. The chances are great someone else is posting something at the same time.
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:46 pm

There has to be a way to turn that thing off, let me look around in the admin panel.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:01 pm

I couldnt find an option to disable that prompt, but I did enable the quick reply box. Smile
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Lost of Vanished Post Empty COONTIE This is for you!

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:37 pm

luciano wrote:I couldnt find an option to disable that prompt, but I did enable the quick reply box. Smile
Here it is L and coontie.

Any member can turn it "on or off".

Do this: Go to your Profile and then go to Preferences, go to the 8th preference on the page, and check "No", see below. That should do it. Very Happy

I have copied it; this is what you will see:

"Display a notification when new replies are written :
Yes No
You'll be warned if a reply was posted while you where writing a reply to the same topic"
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Oh sweet HP, thanks for that. I didnt even think of that, I was looking all over the admin panel
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:08 pm

Well, I'm just a dizzy bitch and was bound to land on it sooner or later. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:01 pm

HotParadox wrote:Well, I'm just a dizzy bitch and was bound to land on it sooner or later. Very Happy

You're not a bitch.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Lost of Vanished Post Empty Lost OR Vanished Post.

Post by coontie Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:00 pm

HotParadox wrote:
luciano wrote:I couldnt find an option to disable that prompt, but I did enable the quick reply box. Smile

Do this: Go to your Profile and then go to Preferences, go to the 8th preference on the page, and check "No", see below. That should do it. Very Happy

Yes No
You'll be warned if a reply was posted while you where writing a reply to the same topic"

Thanks evryone for helping out - I followed your instructions. Appreciate your courtesy and kindness. I really felt like I was going daft. It is rather difficult to report Ghost; most people just say: "yeah, yeah, yeah. Needless to say I was rather perplexed over the situation. Great forum! I am enjoying being here. Thanks...

Wasn't even aware those preference fields were there.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Lost of Vanished Post Empty Lost Or Vanished Post.

Post by coontie Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:

Coontie: This is exactly what happens...it has happened to me a few times and I figured it out...especially if you are typing a long post. The chances are great someone else is posting something at the same time.

Thanks for your confirmation; that is exactly as I suspected. We will see what happens "down the road".
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:49 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Well, I'm just a dizzy bitch and was bound to land on it sooner or later. Very Happy

You're not a bitch.
Don't tell me what I am. I not only am a member of the Valerie is a Bitch Club, I am the president. rendeer afro
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:51 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

You're not a bitch.
Don't tell me what I am. I not only am a member of the Valerie is a Bitch Club, I am the president. rendeer afro

Note that I did not say you weren't dizzy. tongue

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:52 pm

coontie wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Yes No

Thanks evryone for helping out - I followed your instructions. Appreciate your courtesy and kindness. I really felt like I was going daft. It is rather difficult to report Ghost; most people just say: "yeah, yeah, yeah. Needless to say I was rather perplexed over the situation. Great forum! I am enjoying being here. Thanks...

Wasn't even aware those preference fields were there.
You are welcome, Coontie. I love you

I'm glad you like it here because I like you being her, haha! cat cheers
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:59 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

You're not a bitch.

I would have disputed that too. Hey, doggieboy, want to join my Club? Every body I have asked so far has very quickly agreed. I say to them, "Hey want to join the Valerie is a Bitch Club?" and they immediately say "SIGN ME UP." They have unanimously voted me in as the President. pig queen
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:06 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

You're not a bitch.

I would have disputed that too. Hey, doggieboy, want to join my Club? Every body I have asked so far has very quickly agreed. I say to them, "Hey want to join the Valerie is a Bitch Club?" and they immediately say "SIGN ME UP." They have unanimously voted me in as the President. pig queen

I won't have to dress up in any kinky leather body suits and chains or get anything pierced will I? Suspect

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:46 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

You're not a bitch.

I won't have to dress up in any kinky leather body suits and chains or get anything pierced will I? Suspect

Sometimes.
Count your blessings. If I'm feeling really bitchy, this is you:

Lost of Vanished Post SeanKilt2
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Lost of Vanished Post Empty Missing Or Vanished Post.

Post by coontie Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:47 pm

You're not hinting that this is what you want her to do, as in 'Dom'; are you "Dog"? Perhaps EVEN the Leash and commands?Shocked Razz

Last edited by coontie on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:50 pm

coontie wrote:You're not hinting that this is what you want her to do, as in 'Dom'; are you "Dog"? Shocked Razz
Watch it, coontie. Don't give him any bright ideas. Do you want to join the Valerie is a Bitch Club with him?
I can take both of you. affraid
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:53 pm

HotParadox wrote:
coontie wrote:You're not hinting that this is what you want her to do, as in 'Dom'; are you "Dog"? Shocked Razz
Watch it, coontie. Don't give him any bright ideas. Do you want to join the Valerie is a Bitch Club with him?

Naaaawwwww - I am not into belonging to clubs... Razz
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:20 am

coontie wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Naaaawwwww - I am not into belonging to clubs... Razz
Smarty pants! Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content