Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama Quietly Proclaims June 'Gay Pride Month'

5 posters

Go down

Obama Quietly Proclaims June 'Gay Pride Month' Empty Obama Quietly Proclaims June 'Gay Pride Month'

Post by HotParadox Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:18 pm

He just is not the best representative of traditional Christian values, but he claims to be. So, therefore, he is. My bad. I don't even care about him not having those values; just be real, and I'm a happy camper.

Meanwhile, in the interest of true equality, I believe it is only fair that he officially remembers my peeps with July, or maybe even August, as 'Straight Pride Month'.

Obama Quietly Proclaims June 'Gay Pride Month'

Seeking to boost himself with the Democrats gay voting base, President Barack Obama is proclaiming June to be "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month."

"I continue to support measures to bring the full spectrum of equal rights to LGBT Americans," Obama says in the proclamation.

"As long as the promise of equality for all remains unfulfilled, all Americans are affected," he adds, calling on Congress and the American people to "work together to promote equal rights for all, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.”

The administration is also making gay rights a pillar of its foreign policy. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pledged Monday to fight for gay rights and called on the world to stop discrimination and violence based on sexual orientation, according to CNN.

"As secretary of state, I will advance a comprehensive human rights agenda that includes the elimination of violence and discrimination against people based on sexual orientation or gender identity," Clinton said in a written statement.

But though the proclamation can be found through a search on the White House Web site, it does not appear in the usual press or release area of the site, the Christian Post pointed out.

“This is just one more example of Obama's apparent desire to distance himself from the gay community,” wrote one poster on the gay-oriented “Tips-Q” blog site. “This follows the White House's substantial dilution of gay civil rights objectives on the same website.”

What exacerbates this situation and foments frustration is President Obama's failure to adequately address any of these issues. The administration feels that it is necessary to reflect reduced objectives for GLBT rights. Yet they have failed to explain why they have done so.

Christian Web sites nevertheless were quick to pounce on the proclamation and spread it around the Internet.

In the proclamation, Obama mentions the legislative priorities, including overturning the Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage as between one man and one woman and allows states not to recognize gay marriages performed in other states, and the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, which bars gays from serving openly in the military.”

But he doesn’t make any promises on when he’ll do this, nor does he refer to the fact that he has publicly opposed the institution of marriage being used for gay couples.

June was picked to commemorate the 1969 Stonewall protest in New York City that in many ways launched the gay pride movement.

Thanks to that movement, Obama says "more LGBT Americans are living their lives openly than ever before."

Christian leaders are slamming the proclamation. Bob Stith of the Southern Baptist Convention told Baptist Press that the proclamation encourages “pride in what God clearly says is sin.”

“The bottom line," said Stith, who is SBC’s representative for the Task Force on Ministry to Homosexuals, "is that if God defines something as sin, we do no one any favors by attempting to blur those lines. Nor will we be doing future generations any favors by obliterating barriers God has put up for our protection.”

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/gay_pride_month_obama/2009/06/03/221279.html
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Obama Quietly Proclaims June 'Gay Pride Month' Empty Re: Obama Quietly Proclaims June 'Gay Pride Month'

Post by PaulM Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:51 am

Well... June is gay pride month... BFD! Just one more "issue" to divide the country into different factions.
I still haven't heard anything about gay Native Americans of African American descent whose ancestors immigrated from Ireland in the 19th century. Who speaks for them?

Interesting how the release isn't in the usual White House site location... Sounds like the White House isn't too proud of their proclamation.
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Obama Quietly Proclaims June 'Gay Pride Month' Empty Re: Obama Quietly Proclaims June 'Gay Pride Month'

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:11 am

So when are we gonna have a national crazy white boy mutt month?

I got welsh, native american, german, scottish, french, and God only knows what else running through my vains. The way I see it, I am the world!

Obama Quietly Proclaims June 'Gay Pride Month' AtoastObama Quietly Proclaims June 'Gay Pride Month' TeasingObama Quietly Proclaims June 'Gay Pride Month' Snicker

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:39 am

I hate being left out of the equation: How about "national Old Farts Day". O.T. and me and the rest of the oldies desire our own special day...be mindful we're not asking for a whole month...just a day. Very Happy bounce
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:44 am

PaulM wrote:Well... June is gay pride month... BFD! Just one more "issue" to divide the country into different factions.
I still haven't heard anything about gay Native Americans of African American descent whose ancestors immigrated from Ireland in the 19th century. Who speaks for them?

Interesting how the release isn't in the usual White House site location... Sounds like the White House isn't too proud of their proclamation.
well said, paul. i have quizzed so many people who are politically involved, some on a higher than layman level, and no one knew of this. not a one.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:10 am

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:I hate being left out of the equation: How about "national Old Farts Day". O.T. and me and the rest of the oldies desire our own special day...be mindful we're not asking for a whole month...just a day. Very Happy bounce

I hereby second the motion

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:12 am

May is Older Americans Month: In Celebration of the Senior Citizen

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/240941/may_is_older_americans_month_in_celebration.html

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:56 am

HotParadox wrote:
PaulM wrote:Well... June is gay pride month... BFD! Just one more "issue" to divide the country into different factions.

well said, paul. i have quizzed so many people who are politically involved, some on a higher than layman level, and no one knew of this. not a one.

Why should they be proud? I haven't seen anything to be proud of yet. Have you? Very Happy

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down