Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Obama O'Bomb O

+4
Peregrine(Endangered)
HotParadox
thomasjay
Old Timer
8 posters

Go down

Another Obama  O'Bomb O Empty Another Obama O'Bomb O

Post by Old Timer Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:48 am

From the New York times today about the new dress code Obama is using and what about how soon he forgot what he was saying in his campaign, AGAIN.

WASHINGTON - The capital flew into a bit of a tizzy when, on his first full day in the White House, President Obama was photographed in the Oval Office without his suit jacket. There was, however, a logical explanation: Mr. Obama, who hates the cold, had cranked up the thermostat.
David Axelrod, who occupies the small but strategically located office next door to his boss said. He likes it warm. You could grow orchids in there.

OBAMA: 'We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK'

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Another Obama  O'Bomb O Empty Re: Another Obama O'Bomb O

Post by thomasjay Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:43 am

I can explain this- ideal temperatures for growing orchids are between 68.5 to 71.5 farenheit. Very Happy

thomasjay

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Good post OT!!! But...jeez, if that's the worst promise he "breaks" I'll be a happy camper. Good grief, it must be a slow news day for the Times!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 pm

thomasjay wrote:I can explain this- ideal temperatures for growing orchids are between 68.5 to 71.5 farenheit. Very Happy
flower lol! flower
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Slowly one by one he is stumbling from his campaign promises and little untruths...this is surmountable but the days ahead should be interesting!!!!
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:06 pm

He will soon find out that he can not do anything that any other president found that they could not do. It is all a game. If you tell the public what they want to hear they will put you in office and tolerate you for 4 to 8 years and then literally try to destroy you and start the proess all over again.

It is just like Michale J. Fox said in the movie the american President.

In the absense of genuine leadership the american public will accept anyone that will step up to the microphone. And that is just what they have done. He tried and succeded in buying the election with promises of money. Money he don't have and we will have to cough up in higher taxes before it is all over with while he will walk away with a bundle for life. The cycle just keeps on repeating it self doesn't it.

And he will not walk on water either, he will sink like a stone. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:41 pm

His bi-partisan attempt with the republicans on the stimulus bill is a good indication on how thats working...it will still get passed. What made him think that the republicans will co-operate...they were defeated and they are acting like real pissers. Mad
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by jigglepete Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:31 pm

"t is just like Michale J. Fox said in the movie the american President.

In the absense of genuine leadership the american public" by OT

OT, that is twice, in one post, that you neglected to capitalize "American"...Is there something you are not telling us? Very Happy

jigglepete

Male
Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Gardening/GARdening
Humor : Some think yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:51 pm

Well by golly yer right, I did forget. So make that 60 lashes with a wet noodle for me. can you ever forgive me. I must be getting senile. ( again ) hahahahaha lol!

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Old Timer wrote:Well by golly yer right, I did forget. So make that 60 lashes with a wet noodle for me. can you ever forgive me. I must be getting senile. ( again ) hahahahaha lol!

You see HP was right.

Another Obama  O'Bomb O Senile-agitation-control

hehe.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by DM007 Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:01 pm

howdy wrote:
Old Timer wrote:Well by golly yer right, I did forget. So make that 60 lashes with a wet noodle for me. can you ever forgive me. I must be getting senile. ( again ) hahahahaha lol!

You see HP was right.

Another Obama  O'Bomb O Senile-agitation-control

hehe.

Funny! Too bad, you probably wouldn't notice anyway. They already shuffle and talk real slow.

DM007

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:10 pm

And yet another two face bomb

msnbc.com news services
updated 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
President Barack Obama issued a withering critique Thursday of Wall Street corporate behavior, calling it "the height of irresponsibility" for Wall Street employees to be paid more than $18 billion in bonuses last year while their financial sector was crumbling.

The president's comments, made with new Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner at his side, came in swift response to a report that employees of the New York financial world garnered an estimated $18.4 billion in bonuses last year. The figure, from the New York state comptroller, drew prominent news coverage.

Yet Obama's stand also came just one day after he surrounded himself with well-paid chief executives at the White House.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Old Timer wrote:And yet another two face bomb

msnbc.com news services
updated 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
President Barack Obama issued a withering critique Thursday of Wall Street corporate behavior, calling it "the height of irresponsibility" for Wall Street employees to be paid more than $18 billion in bonuses last year while their financial sector was crumbling.

The president's comments, made with new Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner at his side, came in swift response to a report that employees of the New York financial world garnered an estimated $18.4 billion in bonuses last year. The figure, from the New York state comptroller, drew prominent news coverage.

Yet Obama's stand also came just one day after he surrounded himself with well-paid chief executives at the White House.

I think this may help explain........

Another Obama  O'Bomb O Deesvote

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:09 pm

Old Timer wrote:

And he will not walk on water either, he will sink like a stone. Very Happy
He said with great glee!!! Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:22 pm

This a good example of today's world:

We are worried about "the cow" when it is all about the "Ice Cream."

The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third grade this year. The presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest. I decided we would have an election for a class president.

We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote. To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.

The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia's mother.

The day arrived when they were to make their speeches. Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best. Every one applauded. He sat down and Olivia came to the podium. Her speech was concise. She said, "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream." She sat down. The class went wild.

"Yes! Yes! We want ice cream."
She surely would say more. She did not have to. A discussion followed. How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure. Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it. She didn't know. The class really didn't care. All they were thinking about was ice cream. Jamie was forgotten. Olivia won by a land slide.

Every time Barack Obama opens his mouth he offers ice cream and sixty percent of the people react like nine year olds. They want ice cream. The other forty percent know they're going to have to feed the cow and clean up the mess.

It's about Obama, but the same can be said for all politicians.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:58 pm

In a word-----BEAUTIFUL. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Another Obama  O'Bomb O Empty Ice Cream??!

Post by thomasjay Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:09 pm

Every time Barack Obama opens his mouth he offers ice cream and sixty percent of the people react like nine year olds. They want ice cream. The other forty percent know they're going to have to feed the cow and clean up the mess.
Ice Cream? I made gotv calls, I'm supposed to get a pony- where's my pony?

thomasjay

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:18 pm

thomasjay wrote:
Pony? I just made fabulous cookies. I turn my back for one minute and there gone. Nobody in the house seems to know who ate all the cookies. Where's my cookie, huh tj? Suspect
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:20 pm

HotParadox wrote:
thomasjay wrote:
Pony? I just made fabulous cookies. I turn my back for one minute and there gone. Nobody in the house seems to know who ate all the cookies. Where's my cookie, huh tj? Suspect

I did it all for the cookie?? What a Face

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:30 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
thomasjay wrote:

Did you or didn't you doggieboy? Did you steal the cookie from the cookie jar? More importantly, did you eat tj's pony? affraid
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:01 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
thomasjay wrote:

Did you or didn't you doggieboy? Did you steal the cookie from the cookie jar? More importantly, did you eat tj's pony? affraid

I'll eat a cookie. 🐶 But I'll not touch someones pony! lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:36 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
thomasjay wrote:

I'll eat a cookie. 🐶 But I'll not touch someones pony! lol!

OK OK I confess everything-----Peregrine did it. Rolling Eyes

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasjay Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:02 pm

OT wrote:OK OK I confess everything-----Peregrine did it.
I don't know OT, that's some big country out by Jackson, Wyoming. Alot of room to hide a pony.... and cookies!. Sure you don't want to come clean? Cool

thomasjay

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:17 pm

thomasjay wrote:
OT wrote:OK OK I confess everything-----Peregrine did it.
I don't know OT, that's some big country out by Jackson, Wyoming. Alot of room to hide a pony.... and cookies!. Sure you don't want to come clean? Cool
It's not him, tj. OT's a self-confessed geezer and can barely get out of his duct-taped-together Barca Lounger, of the 'harvest gold' variety. The pony/cookie thief is probably none other that our very own C. He's good with computers and I am of the opinion that he stole your pony and my cookie over the internet. Suspect
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down