Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..."

+7
Peregrine(Endangered)
JReed
Old Timer
PaulM
Grim17
CarolinaHound
HotParadox
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..." - Page 2 Empty Re: Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..."

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:20 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:America is a nation with many flaws, but hopes so vast that only the cowardly would refuse to acknowledge them. ~James Michener
but do you think that bo should at least have acknowledged our mistakes first to us, or are you ok that he first uttered those words to the entire world?

I'm assuming he thinks we are bright enough to already acknowledge our short comings. I don't believe anything he said makes us look weaker in other countries eyes...but there is much to say about too much honesty..
i also don't think what he said makes us looks weaker as much as it belittles us, almost like reprimanding your child in public, meaningfully, in order to humiliate him. it's insensitive. your last point is spot on.

It makes him look weak, which he is, which in turn makes the whole country weak. Weak leader = weak country.
but one could counter that it takes great strength of character to admit your weaknesses in your personal life. does the same hold true if you are publicly calling down your nation and its citizens?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..." - Page 2 Empty Re: Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..."

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:23 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:Just that I think Bush was right to go into Iraq, but wrong in his follow up plan.

And another thing: Bin ladden should be dead by now, should of been dead long before Iraq. There's a reason he isn't that is much more complicated than we just can't find him. That's the biggest load of bs I've ever heard.
i've heard others say that. what do you think could be going on, just any ideas to toss around would be great. I love you

There's no telling, our leaders have a great history of making deals with various terrorist for various reasons. It's as bad as watching wrestling, one day a fella is a good guy, one misplaced fake elbow later he's on the dark side, until the powers that be decide to make him a good guy again. There's more wheeling and dealing amongst governments and terrorist than has ever gone on in the stock market. It freakin makes the mafia look nice.
it's scary. besides that, it really takes a certain type of individual to be a high level politician, and that would have to include being downright vicious, callous and dishonest.

It definatly takes a person willing to be cold bastard or bastardete.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:31 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:America is a nation with many flaws, but hopes so vast that only the cowardly would refuse to acknowledge them. ~James Michener
but do you think that bo should at least have acknowledged our mistakes first to us, or are you ok that he first uttered those words to the entire world?

I'm assuming he thinks we are bright enough to already acknowledge our short comings. I don't believe anything he said makes us look weaker in other countries eyes...but there is much to say about too much honesty..
i also don't think what he said makes us looks weaker as much as it belittles us, almost like reprimanding your child in public, meaningfully, in order to humiliate him. it's insensitive. your last point is spot on.

It makes him look weak, which he is, which in turn makes the whole country weak. Weak leader = weak country.
but one could counter that it takes great strength of character to admit your weaknesses in your personal life. does the same hold true if you are publicly calling down your nation and its citizens?

That's just it, he didn't have the backbone to do it while addressing his country, he didn't have the backbone to do it while he was running for prez. He waited till he was prez, and then did it while addressing and kissing the ass of foreign countries. That is in the character of a brown nosing weasel, not a leader. And that's just how other countries and terrorist will view it. This isn't personal life, it's international public life. There's things I will think and say among friends and family that I would not do in front of people I'm doing business with. And that's basically what it is, business. Business with armies of people with weapons.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:56 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

That's just it, he didn't have the backbone to do it while addressing his country, he didn't have the backbone to do it while he was running for prez. He waited till he was prez, and then did it while addressing and kissing the ass of foreign countries. That is in the character of a brown nosing weasel, not a leader. And that's just how other countries and terrorist will view it. This isn't personal life, it's international public life. There's things I will think and say among friends and family that I would not do in front of people I'm doing business with. And that's basically what it is, business. Business with armies of people with weapons.
you hit it out of the park. and this is exactly how i felt when i made this thread.
but, just to take the other side, because there does not seem to be anyone on this forum that will, could he be smarter than we give him credit for? could this be one of the turning points in not so recent american history, where the world hates us? maybe some good will come of this and the world, who loves him anyway, will cut us more slack, i mean not just the country, but americans as well, just by association. perhaps there is a method to his madness and this may later on be viewed as a brilliant move on his part.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Now your thinking!!! Its certainly is possible!!!
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:Now your thinking!!! Its certainly is possible!!!
ok. why don't you take the opposing side and expand on this..... PLEASE!!!! Very Happy Very Happy I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:23 pm

I tend to agree with JReed on this one. He didn't say America is arrogant and dismissive, he said there have been times when America has been arrogant and dismissive. Acknowledging one's shortcomings isn't a weakness, and there have definitely been times when America has been arrogant and dismissive, everyone already knows this - you, them, us, everyone.

The time of America being the world's lone superpower is coming to an end. The rise of the European union and China is going to change the dynamics of world politics. Many economists are saying that the US dollar will no longer be the sole backbone of world trade - that it will share that place with the Euro. Like it or not, there is a whole world out there, and even though America may be the largest and most powerful player amongst many, you still only make up a tiny part of it. If China wanted to crush your dollar, they could do it (but at their own expense as well). If the EU wanted to quit trading with you, you would suffer. Perhaps BO realises that in order to keep prospering, you can't keep burning bridges. It's in your best interests to have a workable relationship with the rest of the world, and acknowledging why the rest of the world is so anti-american is a necessary first step.
Kazza
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Job/hobbies : Physicist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:30 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

you hit it out of the park. and this is exactly how i felt when i made this thread.
but, just to take the other side, because there does not seem to be anyone on this forum that will, could he be smarter than we give him credit for? could this be one of the turning points in not so recent american history, where the world hates us? maybe some good will come of this and the world, who loves him anyway, will cut us more slack, i mean not just the country, but americans as well, just by association. perhaps there is a method to his madness and this may later on be viewed as a brilliant move on his part.

Yea other countries will love us, hell they already own us. All they really need to do is forclose. And he's promised them more control over our buisnesses. The only good that will come of it is for them. What he needs to do is get back here and straighten out the economy which he's making worse and let the other countries do what he should be allowing these screw up buisnesses here do. Sink or swim. Let em hate us.
No, I can see no good to come out of anything he's doing.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Kazza wrote:I tend to agree with JReed on this one. He didn't say America is arrogant and dismissive, he said there have been times when America has been arrogant and dismissive. Acknowledging one's shortcomings isn't a weakness, and there have definitely been times when America has been arrogant and dismissive, everyone already knows this - you, them, us, everyone.

The time of America being the world's lone superpower is coming to an end. The rise of the European union and China is going to change the dynamics of world politics. Many economists are saying that the US dollar will no longer be the sole backbone of world trade - that it will share that place with the Euro. Like it or not, there is a whole world out there, and even though America may be the largest and most powerful player amongst many, you still only make up a tiny part of it. If China wanted to crush your dollar, they could do it (but at their own expense as well). If the EU wanted to quit trading with you, you would suffer. Perhaps BO realises that in order to keep prospering, you can't keep burning bridges. It's in your best interests to have a workable relationship with the rest of the world, and acknowledging why the rest of the world is so anti-american is a necessary first step.

But yet there's more and more dollars being printed, making it less and less valuble.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:55 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Kazza wrote:I tend to agree with JReed on this one. He didn't say America is arrogant and dismissive, he said there have been times when America has been arrogant and dismissive. Acknowledging one's shortcomings isn't a weakness, and there have definitely been times when America has been arrogant and dismissive, everyone already knows this - you, them, us, everyone.

But yet there's more and more dollars being printed, making it less and less valuble.

Which has both positive and negative effects. I'm not enough of an economist to know whether it's the right move or not, but there are very intelligent and well educated people arguing it both ways, and not just people from Washington. I don't believe it's as simple as, more money=inflation=bad. Devalueing the dollar also reduces your debt.
Kazza
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Job/hobbies : Physicist

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:57 pm

Kazza wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

Which has both positive and negative effects. I'm not enough of an economist to know whether it's the right move or not, but there are very intelligent and well educated people arguing it both ways, and not just people from Washington. I don't believe it's as simple as, more money=inflation=bad. Devalueing the dollar also reduces your debt.

This is true, I have very little knowledge of economics. I'm just going by personal finaces, and so far I have yet to beable to solve a problem of debt by going more in debt.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:27 pm

i don't disagree with you on the part about us being arrogant. we have been and i kind of hope we continue to be, tbh. that's not always a bad thing, not when you're involved in the world as it exists today, with all of its ruthless players, if you follow me.

my problem is delivery and to whom he first delivered the message. he is an ass kisser. of course, he never came out with this little revelation of his when he was courting the american voters. but now, it behooves him to say what he did, to whom he did and when he did. Why? because he is now courting europe. i'm sorry, but alot of him is about being personally accepted and revered.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:30 pm

HotParadox wrote:

i don't disagree with you on the part about us being arrogant. we have been and i kind of hope we continue to be, tbh. that's not always a bad thing, not when you're involved in the world as it exists today, with all of its ruthless players, if you follow me.

my problem is delivery and to whom he first delivered the message. he is an ass kisser. of course, he never came out with this little revelation of his when he was courting the american voters. but now, it behooves him to say what he did, to whom he did and when he did. Why? because he is now courting europe. i'm sorry, but alot of him is about being personally accepted and revered.

bingo

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:33 pm

thank you.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:49 pm

you're welcome.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:40 am

CarolinaHound wrote:you're welcome.

And he still can't walk on water. But most idiots out there seem to think so. Both here and over there.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:38 am

Old Timer wrote:

And he still can't walk on water. But most idiots out there seem to think so. Both here and over there.
i have to tell you, when bo came out with his "the us is arrogant" diatribe, i was never in my life as enraged with a president's speech as i was that night. i would not ordinarily use the word 'asshole' in my op as i did on this thread. it's just not my style to swear. but to address your point, people around the world are looking for a man to walk on water, as you say. they are looking for a savior to get us out of these troubled times. i don't think that bo sees himself as a messiah, although his cockiness certainly has indicated that in the past. but as for the present, he gets it that he's no savior.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:37 am

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

i have to tell you, when bo came out with his "the us is arrogant" diatribe, i was never in my life as enraged with a president's speech as i was that night. i would not ordinarily use the word 'asshole' in my op as i did on this thread. it's just not my style to swear. but to address your point, people around the world are looking for a man to walk on water, as you say. they are looking for a savior to get us out of these troubled times. i don't think that bo sees himself as a messiah, although his cockiness certainly has indicated that in the past. but as for the present, he gets it that he's no savior.

There is just something that is totally out of place with him. I can't put my finger on it yet but there is something wrong with the election that put him in office. I would also be willing to bet a shinning new nickle that in 6 months to a year from now folks will really be sorry that they elected him. The seeds of discontent have already been sown and it won't take to long before they start to bloom and grow. The harvest of those seeds is what really worries me.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:47 am

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

There is just something that is totally out of place with him. I can't put my finger on it yet but there is something wrong with the election that put him in office. I would also be willing to bet a shinning new nickle that in 6 months to a year from now folks will really be sorry that they elected him. The seeds of discontent have already been sown and it won't take to long before they start to bloom and grow. The harvest of those seeds is what really worries me.

One should be careful what one asks for, they just might get it. And the change that was asked for and promised is not going to be what people expect. I don't think we've even began to see hard times in which this man and his administration and Pelosi's congress is going to bring.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:58 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

One should be careful what one asks for, they just might get it. And the change that was asked for and promised is not going to be what people expect. I don't think we've even began to see hard times in which this man and his administration and Pelosi's congress is going to bring.

at least I am not the only one that sees this.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:37 am

Holy Crap, you don't log on for one weekend and everything changes. The forum has a new name and I couldn't find it then there's a new thread with 2 pages worth of postings. I can't keep up with you guys!!

2 things I wanted to comment on and JR and Kazaa have touched on it.

We are and have been, as a country, arrogant and very dismissive of Europe. We conduct business here and abroad like our shit don't stink, and we bully the rest of the world. So what BO said was absolutely correct. HOWEVER, you don't air your dirty laundry outside of your own house. I said the same thing when the Dixie Chicks blasted Bush at one of their concerts overseas. While what is said may be true, you keep that shit in house. If you've got something to say about the US, you say it here first. Going outside of the family (to use a mafia term) is cowardly.

Secondly, CH you mentioned something about the US possibly doing business with terrorist groups. Would this surprise you if we actually did this? It's nothing new, the US has done business with shady and brutal regimes for a long time. Below is a list of regimes we have done business with either secretly or in the open.

Abacha, General Sani ----------------------------Nigeria
Amin, Idi ------------------------------------------Uganda
Banzer, Colonel Hugo ---------------------------Bolivia
Batista, Fulgencio --------------------------------Cuba
Bolkiah, Sir Hassanal ----------------------------Brunei
Botha, P.W. ---------------------------------------South Africa
Branco, General Humberto ---------------------Brazil
Cedras, Raoul -------------------------------------Haiti
Cerezo, Vinicio -----------------------------------Guatemala
Chiang Kai-Shek ---------------------------------Taiwan
Cordova, Roberto Suazo ------------------------Honduras
Christiani, Alfredo -------------------------------El Salvador
Diem, Ngo Dihn ---------------------------------Vietnam
Doe, General Samuel ----------------------------Liberia
Duvalier, Francois --------------------------------Haiti
Duvalier, Jean Claude-----------------------------Haiti
Fahd bin'Abdul-'Aziz, King ---------------------Saudi Arabia
Franco, General Francisco -----------------------Spain
Hitler, Adolf ---------------------------------------Germany
Hassan II-------------------------------------------Morocco
Marcos, Ferdinand -------------------------------Philippines
Martinez, General Maximiliano Hernandez ---El Salvador
Mobutu Sese Seko -------------------------------Zaire
Noriega, General Manuel ------------------------Panama
Ozal, Turgut --------------------------------------Turkey
Pahlevi, Shah Mohammed Reza ---------------Iran
Papadopoulos, George --------------------------Greece
Park Chung Hee ---------------------------------South Korea
Pinochet, General Augusto ---------------------Chile
Pol Pot---------------------------------------------Cambodia
Rabuka, General Sitiveni ------------------------Fiji
Montt, General Efrain Rios ---------------------Guatemala
Salassie, Halie ------------------------------------Ethiopia
Salazar, Antonio de Oliveira --------------------Portugal
Somoza, Anastasio Jr. --------------------------Nicaragua
Somoza, Anastasio, Sr. -------------------------Nicaragua
Smith, Ian ----------------------------------------Rhodesia
Stroessner, Alfredo -----------------------------Paraguay
Suharto, General ---------------------------------Indonesia
Trujillo, Rafael Leonidas -----------------------Dominican Republic
Videla, General Jorge Rafael ------------------Argentina
Zia Ul-Haq, Mohammed ----------------------Pakistan
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:52 am

Big Slick wrote:Holy Crap, you don't log on for one weekend and everything changes. The forum has a new name and I couldn't find it then there's a new thread with 2 pages worth of postings. I can't keep up with you guys!!

We are and have been, as a country, arrogant and very dismissive of Europe. We conduct business here and abroad like our shit don't stink, and we bully the rest of the world. So what BO said was absolutely correct. HOWEVER, you don't air your dirty laundry outside of your own house. I said the same thing when the Dixie Chicks blasted Bush at one of their concerts overseas. While what is said may be true, you keep that shit in house. If you've got something to say about the US, you say it here first. Going outside of the family (to use a mafia term) is cowardly.

Secondly, CH you mentioned something about the US possibly doing business with terrorist groups. Would this surprise you if we actually did this? It's nothing new, the US has done business with shady and brutal regimes for a long time. Below is a list of regimes we have done business with either secretly or in the open.

Abacha, General Sani ----------------------------Nigeria
Amin, Idi ------------------------------------------Uganda
Banzer, Colonel Hugo ---------------------------Bolivia
Batista, Fulgencio --------------------------------Cuba
Bolkiah, Sir Hassanal ----------------------------Brunei
Botha, P.W. ---------------------------------------South Africa
Branco, General Humberto ---------------------Brazil
Cedras, Raoul -------------------------------------Haiti
Cerezo, Vinicio -----------------------------------Guatemala
Chiang Kai-Shek ---------------------------------Taiwan
Cordova, Roberto Suazo ------------------------Honduras
Christiani, Alfredo -------------------------------El Salvador
Diem, Ngo Dihn ---------------------------------Vietnam
Doe, General Samuel ----------------------------Liberia
Duvalier, Francois --------------------------------Haiti
Duvalier, Jean Claude-----------------------------Haiti
Fahd bin'Abdul-'Aziz, King ---------------------Saudi Arabia
Franco, General Francisco -----------------------Spain
Hitler, Adolf ---------------------------------------Germany
Hassan II-------------------------------------------Morocco
Marcos, Ferdinand -------------------------------Philippines
Martinez, General Maximiliano Hernandez ---El Salvador
Mobutu Sese Seko -------------------------------Zaire
Noriega, General Manuel ------------------------Panama
Ozal, Turgut --------------------------------------Turkey
Pahlevi, Shah Mohammed Reza ---------------Iran
Papadopoulos, George --------------------------Greece
Park Chung Hee ---------------------------------South Korea
Pinochet, General Augusto ---------------------Chile
Pol Pot---------------------------------------------Cambodia
Rabuka, General Sitiveni ------------------------Fiji
Montt, General Efrain Rios ---------------------Guatemala
Salassie, Halie ------------------------------------Ethiopia
Salazar, Antonio de Oliveira --------------------Portugal
Somoza, Anastasio Jr. --------------------------Nicaragua
Somoza, Anastasio, Sr. -------------------------Nicaragua
Smith, Ian ----------------------------------------Rhodesia
Stroessner, Alfredo -----------------------------Paraguay
Suharto, General ---------------------------------Indonesia
Trujillo, Rafael Leonidas -----------------------Dominican Republic
Videla, General Jorge Rafael ------------------Argentina
Zia Ul-Haq, Mohammed ----------------------Pakistan

No, wouldn't surprise me at all. That's why I said it. Hell, we did business with Bin Laden for the simple fact he fit in with the agenda of the time. Nobody cared when he was blowing up things in other countries. He really only became an issue when he brought it home to us. We were buddy buddy with Saddam while he was fighting Iran, nobody cared what he was doing with his wmd's then. A government is little more than a mafia, hiring their killers when we need them, then calling a hit on them when they get a little more than our government can handle.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:13 am

But when all is said and done, this is still the best place to live. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JReed Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:42 am

First let me say that I am honored that HP has chosen to quote me as her signature. Thankfully she managed to catch one of my more lucid moments.

Second, all have made some good points. I especially liked the "keep it in the family" bit.

I do see this from both sides. On the one hand he is an arrogant little jerk-off still campaigning around the country and world. I'm tired of it.

On the other hand...the world is awefully tired of us and our attitude. And while it is not entirely deserved (since we are by far the most generous country in the world) perception is everything. Many people have a bad perception of us. And perhaps this is a move by BO to beging changing that perception. A little humility (even if it's faked) can sometimes go a long way toward healing a damaged relationship.

As satisfying as it would be to flip the rest of the world the bird while taking our ball and going home...the reality is that we're all intertwined and we can't do it alone any longer. We need them just like they need us.

Hopefully his ability to give a good speech will convice them to help us out after he's finished destroying our economy. We're going to need it.
JReed
JReed

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Ironman
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:56 am

HotParadox wrote:
ok. why don't you take the opposing side and expand on this..... PLEASE!!!! Very Happy Very Happy I love you

I'm not taking the opposing side on this....He said what he said and there is no taking it back. It was based on truth. So he didn't ask the american people if it was okay. Do you really e xpect him to have us critique
his speeches for him...I don't think so..It has always been my way to give a new President at least 6 months before I come to an conclusion on his Presidency.
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:45 pm

HotParadox wrote:

I'm not taking the opposing side on this....He said what he said and there is no taking it back. It was based on truth. So he didn't ask the american people if it was okay. Do you really e xpect him to have us critique
his speeches for him...I don't think so..It has always been my way to give a new President at least 6 months before I come to an conclusion on his Presidency.
you're so darn sensible! I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:50 pm

Big Slick wrote:

then you also agree with me. your point is exactly the point i thought i made.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:55 pm

JReed wrote:First let me say that I am honored that HP has chosen to quote me as her signature. Thankfully she managed to catch one of my more lucid moments.

Second, all have made some good points. I especially liked the "keep it in the family" bit.

I do see this from both sides. On the one hand he is an arrogant little jerk-off still campaigning around the country and world. I'm tired of it.

On the other hand...the world is awefully tired of us and our attitude. And while it is not entirely deserved (since we are by far the most generous country in the world) perception is everything. Many people have a bad perception of us. And perhaps this is a move by BO to beging changing that perception. A little humility (even if it's faked) can sometimes go a long way toward healing a damaged relationship.

As satisfying as it would be to flip the rest of the world the bird while taking our ball and going home...the reality is that we're all intertwined and we can't do it alone any longer. We need them just like they need us.

Hopefully his ability to give a good speech will convice them to help us out after he's finished destroying our economy. We're going to need it.
thank you jr. the truth is, i find the majority of your posts to have something in them that i would be honored to use as my signature. I love you

this post really says it all. i think you brilliantly put it in plain english. Like a Star @ heaven
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:11 pm

JReed wrote:First let me say that I am honored that HP has chosen to quote me as her signature. Thankfully she managed to catch one of my more lucid moments.

He can read a good speech outloud real well. tongue

Had to say it, sorry, I'll go back and sit in the corner now. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:17 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

don't. you make great points. not this one. still.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

don't. you make great points. not this one. still.

Thank you. I love you

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:52 pm

pleasure. as a matter of fact, you say it simply, in terms most can understand. i like that. Like a Star @ heaven
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:59 pm

I'm a simple guy. Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by DM007 Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:10 pm

This is not a PTA meeting to talk about fund raisers. This is the World stability in practice.

The people of a country MUST be arrogant, dismissive, even derisive at times, which are only a few components of PRIDE. A country's leader(s) should NEVER question this. Questioning the pride of one's country is an absolute indication of the leader's arrogance, dismissiveness, and derisiveness, toward the people of that country. Appeasement, excuses and apologies are NOT qualities of strength.

The World, as a whole, has been riding the wave of prosperity, provided by the people of the US. None of this was forced upon them. We allowed them to join us. We shared. They took advantage of our prosperity, and profited. We could have isolated ourselves from them, denying them the fruits of our labors (so to speak). Now that the World is in financial crisis, we, the providers of the previous prosperity, are at fault for failing to provide this prosperity as it was before. This is NO course to correction (return to the previous state of prosperity). During this time we were arrogant, dismissive, and derisive, we were also the MOST giving, forgiving, and generous country on the face of this Earth. The wealth has been shared. Even during our time of disparity, we continue to share. In the absence of pride, there is no generosity.

This is the time, like never before, to be arrogant, dismissive, and derisive. Without it, we are weak, and a mere voice in a choir. The strength of this country is what brought about the prosperity. Remove that strength, and that prosperity ceases to exist.

DM007

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:18 pm

DM007 wrote:This is not a PTA meeting to talk about fund raisers. This is the World stability in practice.

The people of a country MUST be arrogant, dismissive, even derisive at times, which are only a few components of PRIDE. A country's leader(s) should NEVER question this. Questioning the pride of one's country is an absolute indication of the leader's arrogance, dismissiveness, and derisiveness, toward the people of that country. Appeasement, excuses and apologies are NOT qualities of strength.

The World, as a whole, has been riding the wave of prosperity, provided by the people of the US. None of this was forced upon them. We allowed them to join us. We shared. They took advantage of our prosperity, and profited. We could have isolated ourselves from them, denying them the fruits of our labors (so to speak). Now that the World is in financial crisis, we, the providers of the previous prosperity, are at fault for failing to provide this prosperity as it was before. This is NO course to correction (return to the previous state of prosperity). During this time we were arrogant, dismissive, and derisive, we were also the MOST giving, forgiving, and generous country on the face of this Earth. The wealth has been shared. Even during our time of disparity, we continue to share. In the absence of pride, there is no generosity.

This is the time, like never before, to be arrogant, dismissive, and derisive. Without it, we are weak, and a mere voice in a choir. The strength of this country is what brought about the prosperity. Remove that strength, and that prosperity ceases to exist.
this is the post that a lot of people want to say but are too damn pc to say.
no bs zone here. props, dm. Like a Star @ heaven
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Well good speech reader or not, there is something I don't understand. Even though Obama has the right to run for the office of president, by any means there is no way that he should have been elected or even considered by the democratic national committee under any circumstances. The press did nothing but praise him. all facts that might have been a negative effect were ignored by all of the press as well as the DNC. There were more qualified people by a long shot. He has been put there for a reason that we are not allowed to know at this time. He might be either a scape goat or a fall guy. The reason remains to be seen yet. It just does not make any sense to put a stock boy in the position of CEO and expect good things to happen. Every lie he told about all of his so called bills and other things were simply brushed aside or ignored. Each and everything he said he was going to do, the people in the know knew that he could not or would not be able to do and yet they allowed him to be placed in office. His decisions are not sound ones, his budget just don't add up yet it is all by passed and allowed to happen. I sure would like to know what is in store for this country. I just don't think it is going to be good. I go a really bad feeling about all of this. And I will tell you somethinhg else, I am not the only one that feels like this. Suspect confused

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:29 pm

DM007 wrote:This is not a PTA meeting to talk about fund raisers. This is the World stability in practice.

Now that's what I'm talkin bout! Great post DM007!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Old Timer wrote:Well good speech reader or not, there is something I don't understand. Even though Obama has the right to run for the office of president, by any means there is no way that he should have been elected or even considered by the democratic national committee under any circumstances. The press did nothing but praise him. all facts that might have been a negative effect were ignored by all of the press as well as the DNC. There were more qualified people by a long shot. He has been put there for a reason that we are not allowed to know at this time. He might be either a scape goat or a fall guy. The reason remains to be seen yet. It just does not make any sense to put a stock boy in the position of CEO and expect good things to happen. Every lie he told about all of his so called bills and other things were simply brushed aside or ignored. Each and everything he said he was going to do, the people in the know knew that he could not or would not be able to do and yet they allowed him to be placed in office. His decisions are not sound ones, his budget just don't add up yet it is all by passed and allowed to happen. I sure would like to know what is in store for this country. I just don't think it is going to be good. I go a really bad feeling about all of this. And I will tell you somethinhg else, I am not the only one that feels like this. Suspect confused

Oh his budget adds up, and keeps adding up, that's the problem. And I agree, big trouble coming.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:37 pm

ron paul 2012.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:43 pm

HotParadox wrote:ron paul 2012.

Hah, it is going to be OT, The Dawg and HP in 2012 Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next