Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..."

+7
Peregrine(Endangered)
JReed
Old Timer
PaulM
Grim17
CarolinaHound
HotParadox
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..." Empty Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..."

Post by HotParadox Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:07 am

...BUT you, Barack Obama, are an asshole for calling america arrogant and dismissive, and MORE... and nothing he said that follows this statement can put a shine on this rotten apple of a pseudo-american president.

For any american dignitary, let alone president, to confirm what smug europeans blatantly accuse us of, is arrogance. you mr. world president, to kiss europe's ass and at the same time kick america's ass, are the epitome of arrogance.

He's still campaigning, that's what he's doing, and this time he's wowing europe. you,mr. president. are addicted to the adulation, and you ought to be careful, because your europe is not going to be VOTING for you in 2012, and neither are lot of americans who you have deeply offended today.

AM I WRONG? ARE YOU OFFENDED/OR CAN YOU DEFEND HIM?

you can read what he said after this disgusting out burst. nothing he said after this matters to me.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/5101244/President-Barack-Obama-America-has-been-arrogant-and-dismissive-towards-Europe.html

President Barack Obama: America has been 'arrogant and dismissive' towards Europe
President Barack Obama has declared that America has "failed to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world" and has "shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive" towards its allies.

"Addressing a crowd of some 2,000 mainly students from France and Germany, Mr Obama said: 'In America, there is a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world.

'Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.'
"

Last edited by HotParadox on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..." Empty Re: Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..."

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:23 am

HP, I fear he did the US a lot of damage with his comments today. Our enemies will view him as weak. Mark my words, we're in for another terrorist attack.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..." Empty Re: Barack Obama:"America ...has shown arrogance, been dissmisive, even derisive, BUT..."

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:27 am

And what was he thinking saying europe should have any say in American Buisness????

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:34 am

good posts, doggieboy.
i have cut him a lot of slack, even defended him, but this time he has convinced me that he is a rookie and a two-faced player and i am disgusted.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:42 am

HotParadox wrote:good posts, doggieboy.
i have cut him a lot of slack, even defended him, but this time he has convinced me that he is a rookie and a two-faced player and i am disgusted.

So am I HP. He's begining to remind me of rookies that have never been in a biker bar before, just don't know when to keep their mouth shut about things they have no clue about.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:48 am

on your own, check out what senior democrats are saying about this. this isn't sitting well with many respectable dems.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim17 Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:51 am

HotParadox wrote:on your own, check out what senior democrats are saying about this. this isn't sitting well with many respectable dems.

Respectable dems? Razz
Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:51 am

I've seen that. There are a lot of them sick over it as well. And I think there are a lot more that feel the same but won't say anything against their party.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:52 am

CarolinaHound wrote:HP, I fear he did the US a lot of damage with his comments today. Our enemies will view him as weak. Mark my words, we're in for another terrorist attack.

They already view him as weak... look at North Korea. I think you might be right Hound... & when it happens it will probably be a safe bet he'll blame us rather than the ones who commit the act.
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:54 am

Grim17 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:on your own, check out what senior democrats are saying about this. this isn't sitting well with many respectable dems.

Respectable dems? Razz
i gotta play the crowd. i'm a mod. cyclops
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:56 am

PaulM wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:HP, I fear he did the US a lot of damage with his comments today. Our enemies will view him as weak. Mark my words, we're in for another terrorist attack.

They already view him as weak... look at North Korea. I think you might be right Hound... & when it happens it will probably be a safe bet he'll blame us rather than the ones who commit the act.

I can hear it now, "Look at what the previous administration has done! This happened because they created so many enemies across the world." It would be funny if it were not so sad.
He's a freakin loser, I almost think he's on Europe's payroll.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:14 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
PaulM wrote:

I can hear it now, "Look at what the previous administration has done! This happened because they created so many enemies across the world." It would be funny if it were not so sad.
He's a freakin loser, I almost think he's on Europe's payroll.

And don't rule out the muslims either.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:37 am

Good point OT.
Carter was viewed as weak and look what happened with him... Iran Hostage situation. Along came Ronnie R. and then take a look. I know I may take some flak for that, but 'them's the breaks'. IMO Carter totally screwed up our foreign image & Regan fixed it. Look for something similar to happen.
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:19 am

PaulM wrote:Good point OT.
Carter was viewed as weak and look what happened with him... Iran Hostage situation. Along came Ronnie R. and then take a look. I know I may take some flak for that, but 'them's the breaks'. IMO Carter totally screwed up our foreign image & Regan fixed it. Look for something similar to happen.

kind of seems like obama is being friendly towards everyone but us, seems like he is determined to sell us down the road to ruin.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:08 pm

do all you guys remember when biden warned that bo would be very seriously tested in the next 6 months? buckle up.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:46 pm

HotParadox wrote:do all you guys remember when biden warned that bo would be very seriously tested in the next 6 months? buckle up.

Yeah, he gets tested and the American people have to pay the price. he should just shut up and reisgn from office. forever.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:28 am

PaulM wrote:

guys, this is what i'm referring to, when i posted that biden said bo will be tested in six months, and this is what i think biden was alluding to. i think you both got a bulls eye here. this type of talk, that america is arrogant, etc. feeds terrorists.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:35 am

anybody want to take the other side and get a debate going? this is boring. Sleep
ok, i mentioned this topic to a friend the other day, and this was their take:

you know i don't like bo, imo, he spoke the truth. you know he was referring to bush, whom we ALL KNOW was an arrogant bastard from day one of the war.. "bring it on" - telling the united nations to basically fuck off, that he was starting the war whether they liked it or not -"you're either with us or against us"- remember that? france would probably have been an ally if bush hadn't been such a prick! and he was especially pissy when great britian pulled their troops out of iraq. when he & tony blair parted ways, bush's attitude towards gb became brutal! so for obama to say out loud that america has been an asshole in the past? i'm fine with it. we can't expect other countries to respect us if we aren't willing to step up to plate and admit to and take responsibility for our indecretions. this country should be held accountable for our bullshit if we want to get along in this world. the truth is the truth & a spade is a spade......

obama also countered what he said with specific points about undeserved negative things that have been said about us too. so the way i read it, it all evened out in the end....

HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:02 am

Just for the record, I'd of told the UN to go get screwed long before Iraq. They are a useless waste of money and time.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:17 am

CarolinaHound wrote:Just for the record, I'd of told the UN to go get screwed long before Iraq. They are a useless waste of money and time.
i agree with you 110%. they are the superpower of the world. but you heard how bo agreed with france that he will support a world overseer of money? that overseer will trump the un, will trump the president of the us, will even trump the US CONSTITUTION. that overseer that bo agreed to, if it comes to fruition, will affect how you and i and businesses handle/spend money and will set rules and regulations for OUR currency. they will make the un look like high school.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:20 am

Yea, I know. I'm begining to wonder if maybe I shouldn't of picked on a few folks when they talked about the NWO.
ooooppppssss!!!!!!
pale Embarassed

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by JReed Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:50 am

I'll play devils advocate.

My take on this is big deal. He told the truth and the whole world knows it.
America has been arrogant, lazy, dismissive...and asshole-ish.

I'm not going to discuss Bush...but all past presidents. As a whole we pretty much do what we want. Other countries call us dirty americans because when we're visiting their countires we're douchebags and slobs. I've seen it personally as I have family in Europe.

While I don't necessarily think the President should be saying it to other countries...he should be saying it to us. We're reaping our attitudes of the past, plain and simple. Our own arrogance is leading us down the path of destitude...the rest of the world already knew it. The only people that don't seem to get it reside right in our borders. (Many in Washington).

Obama got elected because he looks good in a suit, gives a good speech, and because Bush sucked. None of those are good enough reasons to become president...yet america voted him in anyway. As a country we need to learn some very hard lessons...and I suspect many of us will be learning them the hard way.

So while I don't like BO...I hope he takes those words on the campaign trail here in this country so everyone can hear the messiahs words.
JReed
JReed

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Ironman
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:08 am

JReed wrote:I'll play devils advocate.

I'm not going to discuss Bush...but all past presidents. As a whole we pretty much do what we want. Other countries call us dirty americans because when we're visiting their countires we're douchebags and slobs. I've seen it personally as I have family in Europe.

While I don't necessarily think the President should be saying it to other countries...he should be saying it to us. We're reaping our attitudes of the past, plain and simple. Our own arrogance is leading us down the path of destitude...the rest of the world already knew it. The only people that don't seem to get it reside right in our borders. (Many in Washington).

Obama got elected because he looks good in a suit, gives a good speech, and because Bush sucked. None of those are good enough reasons to become president...yet america voted him in anyway. As a country we need to learn some very hard lessons...and I suspect many of us will be learning them the hard way.

So while I don't like BO...I hope he takes those words on the campaign trail here in this country so everyone can hear the messiahs words.
fat, lazy, dirty, stupid plaid-suit wearing americans?
i think americans have been unfairly stereotyped as such and we're all not that way. but all these europeans jump on that particular bandwagon and this is what pisses me off. they'd all be speaking german and hi-fiving hitler if it weren't for tacky, fat americans in plaid suits. give me a break.

i agree with your point that this is what he should've told us. or at least told us freaking first. you know, give his people a little heads up of how he really feels.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:20 pm

HotParadox wrote:
JReed wrote:I'll play devils advocate.

fat, lazy, dirty, stupid plaid-suit wearing americans?
i think americans have been unfairly stereotyped as such and we're all not that way. but all these europeans jump on that particular bandwagon and this is what pisses me off. they'd all be speaking german and hi-fiving hitler if it weren't for tacky, fat americans in plaid suits. give me a break.

i agree with your point that this is what he should've told us. or at least told us freaking first. you know, give his people a little heads up of how he really feels.

And we did it twice, but do you think that they would remember how many of our men and women died to save their asses. I doubt it.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:31 pm

no, they have conveniently forgotten.
and now i just heard a report that textbooks on us history are not completely factual about us wars, particularly the iraq war, because history "should reflect how the whole world views the us". wtf? what about facts? i always thought kids were supposed to be taught facts.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JReed Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:23 pm

of course they've forgotten. Just like we've forgotten just about every lesson history has tried to teach us. Which is how obama got into office in the first place.

how do we know the iraq war didn't prevent world war three? we don't, and never will because GW took action. weather you agree or disagree he may very well have prevented them from getting WMD's. And he's hated for it.

and I do agree...not all Americans are arrogant, lazy and stupid. But it does seem like more and more are getting that way.
JReed
JReed

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Ironman
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:49 pm

JReed wrote:of course they've forgotten. Just like we've forgotten just about every lesson history has tried to teach us. Which is how obama got into office in the first place.

how do we know the iraq war didn't prevent world war three? we don't, and never will because GW took action. weather you agree or disagree he may very well have prevented them from getting WMD's. And he's hated for it.

and I do agree...not all Americans are arrogant, lazy and stupid. But it does seem like more and more are getting that way.

And I have to admit that I have gotten that way to. So my doc has put me on a diet and my better half says I gotta exercise more. So IO told her I wouldif she would, not a peep since that hehehehe but yes I am going to deep on exercising to.

and just wait until 2012 and evrybody starts hating obama, that is unless he has learned to walk on water by then.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:14 pm

JReed wrote:of course they've forgotten. Just like we've forgotten just about every lesson history has tried to teach us. Which is how obama got into office in the first place.
you're right. and i'll tell you what; the gop is the latest group to forget lessons in history. the gop must get back to the core of the republican party if they are to regain office ever again. imo, the neo-cons are destroying the gop. tbh, JFK was more of a republican than neo-cons are, albeit a moderate republican, but closer to the ideal than the neo-cons.

we don't and i have never believed for a second that wmd's did not exist. just because they did not find any means squat and i think it's liberal pie in the sky thinking to be of the mind that they absolutely, without a doubt did not exist. furthermore, we were not the only country to believe that the war was justified. if memory serves me, most were on board. of course, there is no sense in bringing up france. imo, we were justified to hit someone for 911, and we should have hit them quick, hard and not dragged it out. but to hit iraq, i have to question, was that more about oil than about 911???
i also think many americans are getting more arrogant, lazy and stupid, but more are less likely to litter and more dress better than ever before. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:16 pm

OT wrote:
And I have to admit that I have gotten that way to. So my doc has put me on a diet and my better half says I gotta exercise more. So IO told her I wouldif she would, not a peep since that hehehehe but yes I am going to deep on exercising to.
you know what, ot. you are not a lazy person, not in your way of thinking, not at all. and remember, there comes a time in all of our lives where we are entitled to become a little less apt to watch everything we eat and to exercise a little less. i'm not advocating that we should but we all will or have, at one point in our lives. even young people do this. every once in a while you have to cheat a little!
and just wait until 2012 and evrybody starts hating obama, that is unless he has learned to walk on water by then.
i predict he'll get voted back in because most supporters will still be of the mind that he was handed a bad deal from gw and it will take yet another 4 years to correct the new mess that was, OF COURSE, a direct result of gw. the new mess is gw's fault NOW and it will be that way into the next election and then until his second term is over, in the minds of his supporters. and on and on it goes until we are no longer america as we knew it. enablers will be our downfall.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:54 pm

I'd still be willing to bet that there were wmd's there and Saddam got rid of them before we attacked Iraq. It isn't as hard to sneak tons and tons of stuff around as people think it is, especially under the nose, and I still laugh when I say this, under the nose of U.S. military and other government born intelligence.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:05 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I'd still be willing to bet that there were wmd's there and Saddam got rid of them before we attacked Iraq. It isn't as hard to sneak tons and tons of stuff around as people think it is, especially under the nose, and I still laugh when I say this, under the nose of U.S. military and other government born intelligence.
ok, so you agree with me. what about my other points in that same post/response to jr? any thoughts, doggieboy?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Just that I think Bush was right to go into Iraq, but wrong in his follow up plan.

And another thing: Bin ladden should be dead by now, should of been dead long before Iraq. There's a reason he isn't that is much more complicated than we just can't find him. That's the biggest load of bs I've ever heard.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:25 pm

America is a nation with many flaws, but hopes so vast that only the cowardly would refuse to acknowledge them. ~James Michener
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:39 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:America is a nation with many flaws, but hopes so vast that only the cowardly would refuse to acknowledge them. ~James Michener
but do you think that bo should at least have acknowledged our mistakes first to us, or are you ok that he first uttered those words to the entire world?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:42 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:Just that I think Bush was right to go into Iraq, but wrong in his follow up plan.

And another thing: Bin ladden should be dead by now, should of been dead long before Iraq. There's a reason he isn't that is much more complicated than we just can't find him. That's the biggest load of bs I've ever heard.
i've heard others say that. what do you think could be going on, just any ideas to toss around would be great. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:01 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:America is a nation with many flaws, but hopes so vast that only the cowardly would refuse to acknowledge them. ~James Michener
but do you think that bo should at least have acknowledged our mistakes first to us, or are you ok that he first uttered those words to the entire world?

I'm assuming he thinks we are bright enough to already acknowledge our short comings. I don't believe anything he said makes us look weaker in other countries eyes...but there is much to say about too much honesty..
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:06 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

I'm assuming he thinks we are bright enough to already acknowledge our short comings. I don't believe anything he said makes us look weaker in other countries eyes...but there is much to say about too much honesty..
i also don't think what he said makes us looks weaker as much as it belittles us, almost like reprimanding your child in public, meaningfully, in order to humiliate him. it's insensitive. your last point is spot on.

Last edited by HotParadox on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:07 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:Just that I think Bush was right to go into Iraq, but wrong in his follow up plan.

i've heard others say that. what do you think could be going on, just any ideas to toss around would be great. I love you

There's no telling, our leaders have a great history of making deals with various terrorist for various reasons. It's as bad as watching wrestling, one day a fella is a good guy, one misplaced fake elbow later he's on the dark side, until the powers that be decide to make him a good guy again. There's more wheeling and dealing amongst governments and terrorist than has ever gone on in the stock market. It freakin makes the mafia look nice.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:10 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

i also don't think what he said makes us looks weaker as much as it belittles us, almost like reprimanding your child in public, meaningfully, in order to humiliate him. it's insensitive. your last point is spot on.

It makes him look weak, which he is, which in turn makes the whole country weak. Weak leader = weak country.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:10 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

There's no telling, our leaders have a great history of making deals with various terrorist for various reasons. It's as bad as watching wrestling, one day a fella is a good guy, one misplaced fake elbow later he's on the dark side, until the powers that be decide to make him a good guy again. There's more wheeling and dealing amongst governments and terrorist than has ever gone on in the stock market. It freakin makes the mafia look nice.
it's scary. besides that, it really takes a certain type of individual to be a high level politician, and that would have to include being downright vicious, callous and dishonest.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next