Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just gotta say....

+2
xshivx
CarolinaHound
6 posters

Go down

I just gotta say.... Empty I just gotta say....

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:24 am

I've worked in meat coolers and freezers all my life. I'm used to the cold, or least I thought I was. But tonight I busted my keester on a mud puddle. "How can one bust his a$$ on a mud puddle? In southern North Carolina?", you might be asking yourself.
Cause DDDDDDAAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMM it's cold! Brrrr.... I haven't seen a mud puddle froze solid in 20 years. But theys one in the driveway tonight. Now I know you yankees are thinkin, "What's he talkin bout cold fer? It's been blow zero in tha north up cheer." Well see... Our adverage highs here this time of year is high 50's. And it aint got above freezing but once in better than a week. Yes sir/maam... it's a freakin cold. Next time ya'll send this cold stuff down here at least send some snow wit it!!!! Evil or Very Mad

lol! Dog

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

I just gotta say.... Empty Re: I just gotta say....

Post by xshivx Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:44 am

It is frickin freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing lol Sad xxxxxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:56 pm

You aint got cold yet. Ya want cold come to Jackson. Thursday morning possibly -15 Friday -16 ... We have a saying here. If it gets above zerto in the winter it is a heat wave. I believe that the reord here is lioke 64 or so below zero. I have seen 35 below. Laughing

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:19 am

Supposed to be a zero degree reading with chill factor tomorrow night... And we are typically in the Tropics here, now less! Shocked
If things go as they typical HAVE, we should commence to have 'Spring-like' weather by the 15th of THIS month! Rolling Eyes
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 am

Official temperature here this morning is 22 below zero. The wind chill factor has just been reported at 35 below zero. Anybody want to trade weather??????????

Hot off the press. Or should I say the boob tube.

Jackson, Jackson Hole Airport
Last Update on 07 Jan 6:15 MST
Observation Quality is Caution

Fair

-22°F
(-30°C) Humidity: 83 %
Wind Speed: N 9 MPH

Barometer: 30.35 in (N/A mb)
Dewpoint: -26°F (-32°C)
Wind Chill: -42°F (-41°C)
Visibility: 10.00 Miles

Last edited by Old Timer on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : this is just in from the national weather)

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Old Timer wrote:Official temperature here this morning is 22 below zero. The wind chill factor has just been reported at 35 below zero. Anybody want to trade weather??????????

Fair

-22°F

Ahhh shaw... you're having a heat wave and you need to get on the phone to your A/C/ repairman and have him service your A/C/ Compressor! Razz Cool Shocked Rolling Eyes Razz
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Old Timer wrote:Official temperature here this morning is 22 below zero. The wind chill factor has just been reported at 35 below zero. Anybody want to trade weather??????????

Fair

-22°F

Yea, but at least ya'll got snow. I don't mind cold if there's snow. There's no purpose in cold without snow. That said... we might get some snow tonight. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:58 pm

We're supposed to be near zero degrees here tonight! ANd this is supposed to be somewhat a tropical region. But then I hear that they are going to feel this recent cold wave coming through all the way to Cuba and into Mexico...
Makes people doubt 'global warming' is taking place. But, strangely, this is part of the phenomena of the workings or global warming. I really beleive it is in process and we humans should take not and act to stave it off. Of course I can take the tact that I will likely be out'a here in twenty years, on the outside, so it the younger folks problem... Don't like that attitude of course! It isn't a very nice legacy...
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:09 pm

I'll wait till they prove to me they've stopped fudging the data to believe it's that serious of a problem. That's not saying I won't do what I can to be more green and reduce my effect on the enviroment. I'm just saying I think the global warming hysteria was created to make money more than to save the planet.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:34 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I'll wait till they prove to me they've stopped fudging the data to believe it's that serious of a problem. That's not saying I won't do what I can to be more green and reduce my effect on the enviroment. I'm just saying I think the global warming hysteria was created to make money more than to save the planet.

I will admit that there is a lot of hype about the global warming. However I really do think that most folks do not have the right concept of what is actually happening. The aspect of global warming is a naturally occuring event and they have found traces of what appear to be several times in the past that it has occured. Take a look at what is in this like and possibly give the possibility that it is occuring another thought.

Right here in our own mountains we are seeing the disappearance of glaciers, some right in my back yare in Yellowstone and the Tetons.

http://news.discovery.com/earth/arctic-sea-ice-retreat-big-pic-gallery.html

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:37 pm

looked at the link you provided O.T. Now, that's evidence! Most humans remain in the mindset, mode of thinking that serious stuff happens quickly, suddenly, so therefore anything that is a REAL threat occurs that way. Actually, the phenomena that occurs slowly, gradually, insidiously, that's what people really have to be concerned about.
Reason people have the typical psychological mindset is the little kid's idea [that some never grow out of] that things that they do to cause the occurrence of bad things can be reversed, if one acts quickly. Like a kid lighting matches to a stack of sticks in the bedroom closet; [I actually witnessed this]. They think they can put the fire out before it catches the clothes up.
Well, with the sort of developments that you are mentioning regarding the glaciers as well as the material provided in the computer link, this is grave and 'depp-doo-doo stuff! And that is the sort of thing that when it finally is realized to its full extent, there's going to be some serious consequences. Sadly, many people just think there's nothing to it. But then, as the time worn statement goes: "Nero fiddled while Rome burned". Nevertheless, Rome did burn! Rolling Eyes
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:58 pm

coontie wrote:looked at the link you provided O.T. Now, that's evidence! Most humans remain in the mindset, mode of thinking that serious stuff happens quickly, suddenly, so therefore anything that is a REAL threat occurs that way. Actually, the phenomena that occurs slowly, gradually, insidiously, that's what people really have to be concerned about.
Reason people have the typical psychological mindset is the little kid's idea [that some never grow out of] that things that they do to cause the occurrence of bad things can be reversed, if one acts quickly. Like a kid lighting matches to a stack of sticks in the bedroom closet; [I actually witnessed this]. They think they can put the fire out before it catches the clothes up.
Well, with the sort of developments that you are mentioning regarding the glaciers as well as the material provided in the computer link, this is grave and 'depp-doo-doo stuff! And that is the sort of thing that when it finally is realized to its full extent, there's going to be some serious consequences. Sadly, many people just think there's nothing to it. But then, as the time worn statement goes: "Nero fiddled while Rome burned". Nevertheless, Rome did burn! Rolling Eyes

It seems that those that cannot see the immediate results cannot fanthom the depth of what is actually happening. In many ways we are witnessing history. While I am not trying to paint a gloomy picture, these events are actually happening, but we cannot see them because it is on a scale of time that is to slow to witness. As a result of this slow happening folks just naturally tend to disbelieve them because they cannot see them happening. Perhaps it is one of these events that the ancient Mayans had predicted to be the end time happening in December of 2012. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

1. The moon is slowly leaving it's orbit and will one day be gone. That would be disasterous for us as the moon does controll the tides.

2. The earth's magmetic poles are shifting South to North and North to South and is already hundreds of miles from where it was. Scientists predict that when the shift is
complete we could lose our magnetic shield which would not be good.

3. The magna chamber under Yellowstone park is growing and is at least 60,000 or so years over due to erupt. Not to mention that the dome under lake Yellowstone has been rising on a sted basis for some time now.

4. We are going through a global warming period that may well change the weather patterns of our planet.

5. We could also be approaching the start of another Ice Age.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Here's more "evidence". Is it no wonder that it is sometimes said that the Earth would be better off wihtout humans?

"From: Sundance Channel Greenzine

ISSUE 3, VOLUME 23
ECO-MMUNITY GREENZINE

2010 Tries to Rein in Runaway Extinctions

Due to human activities, the world's animal and plant species are disappearing at a rate some experts put at 1,000 times the natural progression, the United Nations said January 1, marking 2010 as the International Year of Biodiversity - the variety of life on Earth.

> Arctic Fox: Another Fading Species in Earth's Zoo."

Destroyers, be not proud nor lest you think that the effects will not involve you...
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:25 pm

I just love the way that all of the major stations report how cold and miserable the eastern folks have it when it gets down to about zero or a little below. But I have never seen any of them report how cold it gets here in Wyoming. Hardly none oif them can equal us during the entire winter for cold temps. Today they talked about how cold it was at 10 to15 below but not aword about our 24 below in Jackson and 31 below in Yellowstone with wind chills of 45 below and colder.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:31 am

Old Timer wrote:I just love the way that all of the major stations report how cold and miserable the eastern folks have it when it gets down to about zero or a little below. But I have never seen any of them report how cold it gets here in Wyoming. Hardly none oif them can equal us during the entire winter for cold temps. Today they talked about how cold it was at 10 to15 below but not aword about our 24 below in Jackson and 31 below in Yellowstone with wind chills of 45 below and colder.

Man I know that. I have spent plenty of time in Wyoming, The Dakota's and so on.

30 below zero and colder is not uncommon there with the wind chill, in the winter. I know if you are not properly dressed for that kind of weather.........

You will feel the cold steal the life force from you. That is best way I can describe that kind of cold.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:54 am

Theophilus wrote:
Old Timer wrote:I just love the way that all of the major stations report how cold and miserable the eastern folks have it when it gets down to about zero or a little below. But I have never seen any of them report how cold it gets here in Wyoming. Hardly none oif them can equal us during the entire winter for cold temps. Today they talked about how cold it was at 10 to15 below but not aword about our 24 below in Jackson and 31 below in Yellowstone with wind chills of 45 below and colder.

Man I know that. I have spent plenty of time in Wyoming, The Dakota's and so on.

30 below zero and colder is not uncommon there with the wind chill, in the winter. I know if you are not properly dressed for that kind of weather.........

You will feel the cold steal the life force from you. That is best way I can describe that kind of cold.

You are so right. 40 to 50 below wind chill will sap the life right out of you in no time at all. Even with no wind, when it gets down to 30 below and colder it can cut right through you like a hot knife through butter

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:23 pm

re: global warming...thank you Al. Very Happy
lol i know, i know, it with has nothing to do with it, just having fun!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:28 pm

HotParadox wrote:re: global warming...thank you Al. Very Happy

well we could sure use some of that there " warming " right now. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Old Timer wrote:

43 and sunny here today...i'll take it in January!!!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:46 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

43 and sunny here today...i'll take it in January!!!

Sunny and 24 here this morning. It should be a lot colder than that. This is one of our coldest months here. Or at least it used to be. We are about 30 inches or more behind in our snow so far. This is not good. We have virtually no snow on the ground here. Some of the higher elevations have got a fair amount. I have seen more sno at one time than we have had all winter so far. So far we have only had one decent cold spell. It got down to 24 below for a couple of days and a couple of days slightly below zero.

I am still trying to picture the dawg doing a butt buster on the mud puddle when it froze. Just glad he wasn't hurt. Yesterday it was so warm it was melting what little Ice I had in my driveway. So I gave it a helping hand with some ice melt. It is mostly gone now. Well I have got to make some shelves for the boss. All of you take care. Stay warm and safe. Razz sunny

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down