Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama sounded like Bush

5 posters

Go down

Obama sounded like Bush Empty Obama sounded like Bush

Post by Grim17 Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:54 pm

Here's a clip from the Daily Show... Enjoy.

Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Obama sounded like Bush Empty Re: Obama sounded like Bush

Post by HotParadox Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Grim17 wrote:Here's a clip from the Daily Show... Enjoy.

That was funny. I'm not gonna lie; I'm pretty stunned that Stewart pointed out that the rhetoric is bi-partisan. Especially this early on. You know, the honeymoon is hardly over. Good on him. I'm glad to see the shoe on the other foot after how many years now.

I can't wait to see what lefty Letterman is going to do with his good buddy Obama. Suspect
He took full advantage of the Bushes in order to boost his rating and make him lots of dough.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Obama knows what he's doing. Very Happy

Besides the whole hand away all our money thing, I think Republicans may be left with no other choice but to respect the man. He isnt the left-wing nut people made him out to be. I think he's gonna be a tough war president, while ending them at the same time. He wants to increase troops big time in Afghanistan and leave Iraq.

I cant complain so far..........

2 things Im worried about though.

1. Where all the shitheads at Guantonomo gonna go? You know the top class shitheads like Khalid sheikh Mohammed.

2. I think having Holder look into indicting high-level Bush officials over the tortures, is a wrong thing to do and just a bad political move for both parties. It'll be the new thing, every administration will be getting investigated after they leave, dont start that cycle.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:09 pm

I liked how he said he really didn't mean it.

Funny stuff indeed. Though we are in difficult times. Comedy is one thing that helps a lot. I guess we will see what happens. If Obama goes before congress, and the American people and asks for another 100 billion for the war effort. I am really going to have that sick feeling in the bottom of my gut.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:38 pm

luciano wrote:Obama knows what he's doing. Very Happy

Besides the whole hand away all our money thing, I think Republicans may be left with no other choice but to respect the man. He isnt the left-wing nut people made him out to be. I think he's gonna be a tough war president, while ending them at the same time. He wants to increase troops big time in Afghanistan and leave Iraq.

I cant complain so far..........

2 things Im worried about though.

1. Where all the shitheads at Guantonomo gonna go? You know the top class shitheads like Khalid sheikh Mohammed.

2. I think having Holder look into indicting high-level Bush officials over the tortures, is a wrong thing to do and just a bad political move for both parties. It'll be the new thing, every administration will be getting investigated after they leave, dont start that cycle.

Bush's approval of torture methods brought our Country down to a very low level in the world...after all "the rule of law" has been with us since the begining of our Country..and it took one jerk to tear us down...Do you really think we should just "shovel it under the rug". Obama overturned the practice but whats to keep future presidents from reinstating it?? Those responsible need to be prosecuted.
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content