Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm back

+6
Terry05_99
CarolinaHound
Old Timer
HotParadox
PaulM
Grim17
10 posters

Go down

I'm back Empty I'm back

Post by Grim17 Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Just in case anyone wondered, I had some issues to deal with, and that's why I haven't been around.
Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

I'm back Empty Re: I'm back

Post by PaulM Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Hope all is well... Good to see ya.
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Grim17 wrote:Just in case anyone wondered, I had some issues to deal with, and that's why I haven't been around.
hi grim, i'm so relieved to see you back here. i hope all is ok and welcome back. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:22 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Grim17 wrote:Just in case anyone wondered, I had some issues to deal with, and that's why I haven't been around.
hi grim, i'm so relieved to see you back here. i hope all is ok and welcome back. Very Happy

And believe it or not we have missed you and are glad you are ok and back with us. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Yep, hasn't been the same without your input in the morning Grim. Glad you're back, and I hope everything is going well for you.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry05_99 Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:38 pm

welcome back Grim

Terry05_99

Male
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 177
Job/hobbies : Harley Davidsons, flying, hunting
Humor : Thats not funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:45 am

Howdy.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by JReed Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:26 am

welcome back.
it's gotten boring around here. we need some lefties to have discussions with.

I really like that we're friendly around here. but when everyone agrees there's nothing to talk about.
JReed
JReed

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Ironman
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim17 Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:02 am

JReed wrote:welcome back.

I really like that we're friendly around here. but when everyone agrees there's nothing to talk about.

It seems that lefties on boards all over the net are vanishing. They were sure vocal in supporting the president and the democratic majority in congress, until they actually started implementing their policies. Then all of the sudden "poof", the libs disappeared. I think many of them are embarrassed about what the democrats are doing and are finding it hard to defend them.
Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by JReed Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 am

Most of the ones I know...including my very own sister (OH THE SHAME) do nothing except blame Bush.

I know Bush sucked...we need to get passed that. We need to fix the present and future...and spending like crazy aint the way.
JReed
JReed

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Ironman
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:09 pm

JReed wrote:Most of the ones I know...including my very own sister (OH THE SHAME) do nothing except blame Bush.

I know Bush sucked...we need to get passed that. We need to fix the present and future...and spending like crazy aint the way.

But they will not publically blame their mesiah, yet. Won't be long and his crusifixtion will be coming.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:35 pm

I've been preoccupied with business lately and I'm kinda bored with many things in general. I'll eventually fire up again, but who knows when? LOL...
Americanadian
Americanadian

Number of posts : 1094

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:55 am

Grim17 wrote:

It seems that lefties on boards all over the net are vanishing. They were sure vocal in supporting the president and the democratic majority in congress, until they actually started implementing their policies. Then all of the sudden "poof", the libs disappeared. I think many of them are embarrassed about what the democrats are doing and are finding it hard to defend them.

Hi Grim. I think what is going on is very depressing. I can't really call it a left or right issue. I know we are in serious trouble. When in times likes these almost everything seems to have a grey shade around it. I mean by that statement that all the fun discussing policy, and the such is no longer fun. The way I feel is I have grown tired of discussing policy. I was never that good at that anyway. My intent was to stir things up. To help discussion to happen. I have always had an interest in politics. I always loved discussing it. Though now things seem dull to me.

Not because of the posters, no not at all.

It is a feeling of unhappiness. A feeling that we have crossed the point of no return. So who to blame? I don't know and I really don't care.
I just know we are at this point. So trying to place blame at this point seems rather pointless.

What we as Americans need is solutions, and a way to get to the solution.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:40 am

Theophilus wrote:
Grim17 wrote:

Hi Grim. I think what is going on is very depressing. I can't really call it a left or right issue. I know we are in serious trouble. When in times likes these almost everything seems to have a grey shade around it. I mean by that statement that all the fun discussing policy, and the such is no longer fun. The way I feel is I have grown tired of discussing policy. I was never that good at that anyway. My intent was to stir things up. To help discussion to happen. I have always had an interest in politics. I always loved discussing it. Though now things seem dull to me.

Not because of the posters, no not at all.

It is a feeling of unhappiness. A feeling that we have crossed the point of no return. So who to blame? I don't know and I really don't care.
I just know we are at this point. So trying to place blame at this point seems rather pointless.

What we as Americans need is solutions, and a way to get to the solution.

I could not agree woth you more on that. But as long as our present congress and president continue in their ways it will only get worse. Until the politicians in office are held accountable and held in check there is no hope. They rule supreme and they know it. Sad

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim17 Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:46 am

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I'm sorry to say this, but this forum is dying. There are no opposing viewpoints here. I like how we all show more respect for each other, but I post for discussion, and without opposition, there's nothing to discuss.

There needs to be more liberals/democrats here.

I'm still around, but I just don't have much to say.
Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Grim17 wrote:Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I'm sorry to say this, but this forum is dying. There are no opposing viewpoints here. I like how we all show more respect for each other, but I post for discussion, and without opposition, there's nothing to discuss.

There needs to be more liberals/democrats here.

I'm still around, but I just don't have much to say.
i hear you, grim. i visit different forums here and there and i have noticed the same thing on the other forums, too. libs don't seem to be frequenting the boards like they did when bush was in office. i can only guess that nowadays they are either real content or real embarrassed.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by box86rowh Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:42 pm

I have to say there is nothing to talk about because Bush was a lightning rod for controversy and now that the Messiah is in office, everyone is finding out the grass may not be greener...hence the lack of argument...
box86rowh
box86rowh

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:15 pm

Of course the grass isn't greener. It never is. obama's turn is coming. Remember now, he is going to remake America. And then one day he decides to make islam the official religion here. And that is when the fun really starts. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Fri May 01, 2009 9:25 am

Yep... they're either real contented or too embarrassed. I just haven't found too much of anything to post about.
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri May 01, 2009 9:45 am

Yay! hi paul!!! I love you I love you I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Fri May 01, 2009 3:06 pm

HotParadox wrote:Yay! hi paul!!! I love you I love you I love you

Hey there HP... Spendin' most of my time hugging my new best friend (a pillow) and napping *lol* but I am getting out more & movin' better
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri May 01, 2009 3:12 pm

PaulM wrote:

Hey there HP... Spendin' most of my time hugging my new best friend (a pillow) and napping *lol* but I am getting out more & movin' better

Hey Paul, now yer starting to sound a lot like me. Just laying around all the time. hehehehe
You just take it easy pal. We need you and your wisdom here. I mean for crying out loud, somebody has to straighten out HP once in a while. It is not that the Dawg and I don't try ya know. It is she just won't listen to reason (us)... lol!

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri May 01, 2009 3:24 pm

PaulM wrote:

glad to hear all that! it's great to see you back on. I love you

*i wonder if he's driving marcia crazy yet?* Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Fri May 01, 2009 3:39 pm

Old Timer wrote:
PaulM wrote:

Hey Paul, now yer starting to sound a lot like me. Just laying around all the time. hehehehe
You just take it easy pal. We need you and your wisdom here. I mean for crying out loud, somebody has to straighten out HP once in a while. It is not that the Dawg and I don't try ya know. It is she just won't listen to reason (us)... lol!

Hardy, Har, Har...

Anyway... Smile

I can see what Grim is saying. too much agreement just makes for a boring forum... but then my pet peeve (for lack of a better term) is Partisan politics... being so blinded by a political POV that you're oblivious to any other. I know I'm going to go gettin' pissed off again, but to see normally sensible people forsake their common sense in favor of some political hack's opinion... Grrrrr! To not actually stop and think something through and say to themselves "...hey, there's something wrong with that." or "... something doesn't sound quite right. I need to learn more." Maybe that's why I tend to 'pick my fights'?? *lol*
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sun May 03, 2009 3:20 am

There is something as a Democrat that makes me angry. Obama slams the policies of the bushco, yet does nothing to change the policies that bushco put forth.

WTF.

Please don't come at me with the torture memo's and possible prosecution of people involved. All talk. No action will happen.

Though that worthless damn fox noise channel has people thinking if we don't torture, well then more terrorist attacks are on the way.

You can always count on fox noise to make the weak minded afraid of anything. I am so sick of all the fear mongering of fox noise channel.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down