Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is she talking about??

4 posters

Go down

What is she talking about?? Empty What is she talking about??

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:13 am

This is old news but it still irritates me that Garofalo still gets air time to sling her hate. I think she hates herself, she hates that she was born a woman, she hates that while she may have a high IQ, she is unable to use it in a rational way. Evil or Very Mad

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

What is she talking about?? Empty Re: What is she talking about??

Post by HotParadox Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:25 am

here you have the perfect example of two tolerant, pc idiots who are intolerant of anyone who doesn't hold the same wacky value system as they do. this is what i'm talking about.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:29 am

HotParadox wrote:here you have the perfect example of two tolerant, pc idiots who are intolerant of anyone who doesn't hold the same wacky value system as they do. this is what i'm talking about.

Yea, funny how the pc ends when they're talking about us rednecks.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:38 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:here you have the perfect example of two tolerant, pc idiots who are intolerant of anyone who doesn't hold the same wacky value system as they do. this is what i'm talking about.

Yea, funny how the pc ends when they're talking about us rednecks.

So why bother listening to this trash anyway. Evil or Very Mad

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:31 am

Because people like them need to be exposed for what they are. She's saying to our kids that to protest against Obama and the current policies would make them racist rednecks.

It's amazing how it was perfectly fine for them to protest and vandalize property. But let a few people peacefuly protest their messiah and the current government just throws them into a tisy. It needs to be shown that those that love to throw the word hypocrisy around are in fact hypacrites themselves.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:55 am

Another person who defines our national ills along ideological lines rather than admit the blame lies in both camps and working to resolve the issues.
IMO the economy is in the crapper because we're panicked... the government is even panicked. They don't know what to do so they're simply throwing money at the monster hoping it will go away... all the while telling us they have a plan and that the plan must follow a partisan agenda.
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:09 pm

PaulM wrote:Another person who defines our national ills along ideological lines rather than admit the blame lies in both camps and working to resolve the issues.
IMO the economy is in the crapper because we're panicked... the government is even panicked. They don't know what to do so they're simply throwing money at the monster hoping it will go away... all the while telling us they have a plan and that the plan must follow a partisan agenda.
of all the speculation at the whys and whats, this simple post just about sums it all up perfectly. well said and brilliantly, too, paul.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:14 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:Because people like them need to be exposed for what they are. She's saying to our kids that to protest against Obama and the current policies would make them racist rednecks.

It's amazing how it was perfectly fine for them to protest and vandalize property. But let a few people peacefuly protest their messiah and the current government just throws them into a tisy. It needs to be shown that those that love to throw the word hypocrisy around are in fact hypacrites themselves.
well put, doggieboy. the fact of the matter is, if they do it, it's all good. if the other side does it, they're racists-no matter what the issue is, they are racists. case in point, they turned the tea parties into a matter of racism when they know very well that wasn't the case. they are drawing attention to racism because they are banking on the fact that most people do not want to align themselves with racist agendas. in short: they are trying to lay a guilt trip on us.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Just tossing another 2 cents into the kitty...

"Red Eye" or whatever his name is... is no better than K.O. or Thelma from Scoobie Doo. (or is that Velma??? oh well) BOTH sides are playing this partisan game of hurling insults and blame at each other.

The "Media" has let the people of this country down in world-class fashion. Instead of reporting they're on a campaign to win converts (they will deny this statement, but their actions say otherwise). They should just come on out with it and rework their formats to mirror that of Howard Beale

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad.
{shouting} You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,
{shouting} 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:
{screaming at the top of his lungs} "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"
What is she talking about?? Howardbeale

BTW... that quote was written in 1976
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:26 pm

PaulM wrote:Just tossing another 2 cents into the kitty...

"Red Eye" or whatever his name is... is no better than K.O. or Thelma from Scoobie Doo. (or is that Velma??? oh well) BOTH sides are playing this partisan game of hurling insults and blame at each other.

The "Media" has let the people of this country down in world-class fashion. Instead of reporting they're on a campaign to win converts (they will deny this statement, but their actions say otherwise). They should just come on out with it and rework their formats to mirror that of Howard Beale

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad.
{shouting} You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,
{shouting} 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:
{screaming at the top of his lungs} "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"
What is she talking about?? Howardbeale

BTW... that quote was written in 1976

You got that right. Though I'll admit to watching RedEye just cause their stupid and have some pretty funny guset.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:29 pm

yup, this guy hit the nail on the head. really, news casters today are no longer journalists but, rather, entertainers. reminds me of how comedians today are no longer in the business of comedy or even funny but, instead, are armchair patriots.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:26 pm

HotParadox wrote:yup, this guy hit the nail on the head. really, news casters today are no longer journalists but, rather, entertainers. reminds me of how comedians today are no longer in the business of comedy or even funny but, instead, are armchair patriots.

In other words... nobody has any credibility anymore.
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PaulM wrote:
HotParadox wrote:yup, this guy hit the nail on the head. really, news casters today are no longer journalists but, rather, entertainers. reminds me of how comedians today are no longer in the business of comedy or even funny but, instead, are armchair patriots.

In other words... nobody has any credibility anymore.

Seems like they are all afraid to own up to the truth doesn't it

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down