Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did The Press Report This? To The USA , From Russia With Love. Thank You, Russia.

4 posters

Go down

Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Empty Did The Press Report This? To The USA , From Russia With Love. Thank You, Russia.

Post by HotParadox Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:32 pm

This is so nice. I wish I could say I had, but I don't recall hearing about this before today, tbh.
Thank you, Russia.

snopes.com
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/tributes/teardrop.asp

Tear Drop Monument
Claim: Photographs show a New Jersey monument to the victims of 9/11 which was donated by Russia.

TRUE

Example: [Collected via e-mail, March 2009]

I had never heard of this before receiving it. Why didn't the press report it?

This is the "TEAR DROP" made and installed by the Russians to honor those who died in 9 11 and a statement against terrorism. It is very impressive. The tear drop is lined up with the Statue of Liberty.

Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Teardr10

Gift from the people of Russia......."Monument to the struggle against world terrorism, artist Zurab Tesereteii"
Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Teardr11

Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Teardr12

Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Teardr18

....it is an impressive memorial and statement against terrorism.

Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Teardr14

Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Teardr19

Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Teardr20

The walkway is made of stones.

Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Teardr15
Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Teardr16

Names of the persons killed on 9 11 are inscribed on the base. The base like the Vietnam Memorial wall. It was a cold and windy day but well worth the drive to see. It is down in the shipping yards across from "The Lady".

Origins: The monument displayed in the above photographs, officially entitled "To the Struggle Against World Terrorism" (but also known as "The Memorial at Harbor View Park" or the "Tear Drop Memorial"), was dedicated at the northeast corner of Bayonne Peninsula in New Jersey on 11 September 2006, the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

The monument was the work of Russian artist Zurab Tsereteli, whose inspiration was described thusly in a brochure about the monument:
"To the Struggle Against World Terrorism" was conceived as the events of 9/11 unfolded and Russian artist Zurab Tsereteli walked the streets of Moscow. Struck by the outpouring of grief he observed, a memorial with an image of a tear formed in his mind. Shortly after the attacks, Tsereteli visited ground zero and looked to
New Jersey's waterfront for an appropriate site for a monument honoring victims of the World Trade Center terrorist attacks.

Bayonne was a fitting location; the city was an arrival point for many New York City evacuees on 9/11, a staging area for rescuers, and offered a direct view of the Statue of Liberty and the former World Trade Center towers.

A gift from Tsereteli and the Russian people, the memorial is made of steel sheathed in bronze. Standing 100 feet high, its center contains a jagged tear. In it hangs a 40-foot stainless steel teardrop, representing sadness and grief over the loss of life, but also hope for a future free from terror. Etched in granite on an 11-sided base are the names of the nearly 3,000 killed in the 1993 World Trade Center bombings and terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.
Photographs of the monument's construction (as well as the finished version of the memorial) can be viewed at the 911 Monument web site. A portfolio of Tsereteli's other works around the world is also available on The New Yorker's web site.

Last updated: 18 March 2009

Last edited by HotParadox on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Empty Re: Did The Press Report This? To The USA , From Russia With Love. Thank You, Russia.

Post by Old Timer Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:25 pm

I will chip in some cash to get a card and stamps and sign it to send to russia and thank them. Maybe Boris ( BIR ) can get us an addres of their government to send it to. Anyone else

Note:
i red/bolded this important post.
HotMod

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Did The Press Report This?  To The USA , From Russia With Love.  Thank You, Russia. Empty Re: Did The Press Report This? To The USA , From Russia With Love. Thank You, Russia.

Post by HotParadox Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:45 pm

that's a nice idea, ot. count me in.
xohot

i'm gonna take my op out of your post, just to shorten your post a little. my part is cluttering up your post and i want people to see what you wrote, not what i already posted.
if you object, i'll put it back in, no prob at all.
HotMod
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm in.
Seems like somebody would have reported on that. But why would I expect them to? Good media is extinct.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:12 pm

tell me something i don't know.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:15 pm

HotParadox wrote:tell me something i don't know.

What a Face

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:56 pm

exactly.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:41 pm

HotParadox wrote:exactly.

I"M IN!!! That memorial is absolutely elegant!
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:13 pm

PaulM wrote:
HotParadox wrote:exactly.

I"M IN!!! That memorial is absolutely elegant!
excellent! you're a good man. chicken
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:17 pm

oh, sorry, did i give you a chicken ??? i meant to give you a king . what was i thinking? oh, ya...
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:23 pm

HotParadox wrote:oh, sorry, did i give you a chicken ??? i meant to give you a king . what was i thinking? oh, ya...

Of course you did Wink
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:30 pm

PaulM wrote:
HotParadox wrote:oh, sorry, did i give you a chicken ??? i meant to give you a king . what was i thinking? oh, ya...

Of course you did Wink

Now, now children. If you can't play nice I will have to send you to your room. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down