Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO - after 23 years - DAVE gets married!!

+4
bruce
HotParadox
Old Timer
Susan aka CV
8 posters

Go down

SO - after 23 years - DAVE gets married!! Empty SO - after 23 years - DAVE gets married!!

Post by Susan aka CV Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:07 am

i honestly never thought he would do it!! lol he must be dying...... affraid jocolor

how long did you guys know/date/live with your spouse before you got married?

for me, it was 4 years - 17th anniversary this year. I love you

CV

David Letterman Marries Longtime Girlfriend

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- David Letterman said he and longtime girlfriend Regina Lasko had a bumpy trip to matrimony last week. During a taping Monday of CBS' "Late Show," Letterman said he and Lasko married March 19 at the Teton County Courthouse in Choteau, Mont., but only after their truck got stuck on a muddy road.
Letterman and Lasko, whose son, Harry, was born in November 2003, didn't take an immediate honeymoon. The late-night host was back at work in New York on Monday to deliver the news -- and a few jokes about the marriage.

"Regina and I began dating in February of 1986, and I said, 'Well, things are going pretty good, let's just see what happens in about 10 years,'" Letterman, who turns 62 next month, said at the taping, according to a transcript.

After avoiding marriage for more than two decades, Letterman said, "I secretly felt that men who were married admired me ... like I was the last of the real gunslingers, you know what I'm saying?"

The road to the ceremony wasn't smooth, he told the audience. He, Lasko and their son were on their way to the courthouse Thursday when their pickup truck got stuck in the mud.

"So now we think, 'Well, somebody'll come.' No, nobody comes along. Nobody comes along -- it's Thursday afternoon; who's coming along? Zorro? No, nobody. So I get out of the truck and I walk 2 miles back to the house into a 50-mile-an-hour wind," Letterman said.

"It's not Beverly Hills, it's Montana, for God's sakes. And the whole way, I'm thinking, 'See, smart ass, see, see, you try to get married, this is what happens,'" he said.

When he returned, Letterman said, Harry asked if they were still going to town and was assured they were.

"And he gets very upset because mom had told him if I wasn't back in an hour, the deal was off," Letterman said.

Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Susan aka CV

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

SO - after 23 years - DAVE gets married!! Empty Re: SO - after 23 years - DAVE gets married!!

Post by Old Timer Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:18 am

Susan aka CV wrote:i honestly never thought he would do it!! lol he must be dying...... affraid jocolor

how long did you guys know/date/live with your spouse before you got married?

for me, it was 4 years - 17th anniversary this year. I love you

CV

For us it was two years and now 12/18/09 = 27 years of marriage. OT Very Happy

David Letterman Marries Longtime Girlfriend

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- David Letterman said he and longtime girlfriend Regina Lasko had a bumpy trip to matrimony last week. During a taping Monday of CBS' "Late Show," Letterman said he and Lasko married March 19 at the Teton County Courthouse in Choteau, Mont., but only after their truck got stuck on a muddy road.
Letterman and Lasko, whose son, Harry, was born in November 2003, didn't take an immediate honeymoon. The late-night host was back at work in New York on Monday to deliver the news -- and a few jokes about the marriage.

"Regina and I began dating in February of 1986, and I said, 'Well, things are going pretty good, let's just see what happens in about 10 years,'" Letterman, who turns 62 next month, said at the taping, according to a transcript.

After avoiding marriage for more than two decades, Letterman said, "I secretly felt that men who were married admired me ... like I was the last of the real gunslingers, you know what I'm saying?"

The road to the ceremony wasn't smooth, he told the audience. He, Lasko and their son were on their way to the courthouse Thursday when their pickup truck got stuck in the mud.

"So now we think, 'Well, somebody'll come.' No, nobody comes along. Nobody comes along -- it's Thursday afternoon; who's coming along? Zorro? No, nobody. So I get out of the truck and I walk 2 miles back to the house into a 50-mile-an-hour wind," Letterman said.

"It's not Beverly Hills, it's Montana, for God's sakes. And the whole way, I'm thinking, 'See, smart ass, see, see, you try to get married, this is what happens,'" he said.

When he returned, Letterman said, Harry asked if they were still going to town and was assured they were.

"And he gets very upset because mom had told him if I wasn't back in an hour, the deal was off," Letterman said.

Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

SO - after 23 years - DAVE gets married!! Empty Re: SO - after 23 years - DAVE gets married!!

Post by HotParadox Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:50 am

i used to like letterman back in the day when he was a comedian and not a political nut job. the day after he got married, he made a rude "joke" about sara palin's daughter getting "knocked up" and having a kid out of wedlock. excuse me, Dave, but didn't you have a bastard child yourself SIX years before you tied the knot? anything to take a cheap shot at republicans. sure, it's who he's become. but leave the politicians' kids and grandkids out of it. hypocrite.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:25 pm

Met spouse in January - wed in August. 9 years this year.

bruce

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry05_99 Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:21 pm

Started dating my wife in March, got married on Dec 15th 1978

30 years and counting, two daughters, two son-in-laws, 4 grand children

Terry05_99

Male
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 177
Job/hobbies : Harley Davidsons, flying, hunting
Humor : Thats not funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan aka CV Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 pm

HotParadox wrote:i used to like letterman back in the day when he was a comedian and not a political nut job. the day after he got married, he made a rude "joke" about sara palin's daughter getting "knocked up" and having a kid out of wedlock. excuse me, Dave, but didn't you have a bastard child yourself SIX years before you tied the knot? anything to take a cheap shot at republicans. sure, it's who he's become. but leave the politicians' kids and grandkids out of it. hypocrite.
now that you got that off your chest.. Very Happy

care to tell us how long you knew hubby before you married him? I love you

CV

Susan aka CV

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:02 pm

How long did I know her??? uhhh... which one? lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Susan aka CV wrote:
HotParadox wrote:i used to like letterman back in the day when he was a comedian and not a political nut job. the day after he got married, he made a rude "joke" about sara palin's daughter getting "knocked up" and having a kid out of wedlock. excuse me, Dave, but didn't you have a bastard child yourself SIX years before you tied the knot? anything to take a cheap shot at republicans. sure, it's who he's become. but leave the politicians' kids and grandkids out of it. hypocrite.
now that you got that off your chest.. Very Happy

CV
1 year. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jigglepete Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:29 pm

I don't know...I haven't met mine... Sad ...yet... Wink

jigglepete

Male
Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Gardening/GARdening
Humor : Some think yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:55 pm

well hurry up. why shouldn't you be miserable like the rest of us?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:02 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Susan aka CV wrote:

CV
1 year. I love you

was that long enough?
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan aka CV Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:37 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:How long did I know her??? uhhh... which one? lol!
all of 'em! Very Happy

how long did you know each one of 'em before you got married?

and how long were you married to her?

CV

Susan aka CV

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:26 am

Susan aka CV wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:How long did I know her??? uhhh... which one? lol!
all of 'em! Very Happy

how long did you know each one of 'em before you got married?

and how long were you married to her?

CV

#1 we dated 1 1/2 years and married for three years

#2 knew each other about a year, dated 2 months, lived together 1 year, married 4 months

#3 we dated for two years when we were teens then started dating again in 97 for about 6 months, lived together a couple years, and were married for 5 not counting a pretty long seperation.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:29 am

throw in the towel.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down