Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

history repeating itself????

4 posters

Go down

history repeating itself???? Empty history repeating itself????

Post by Old Timer Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Very Short Spelling Lesson.....

The last four letters in American.........I Can

The last four letters in Republican.......I Can

The last four letters in Democrats........Rats

End of Lesson!

Seems like we're in the same shape as Rome in 55 BC. Rome fell. Will we never learn from history?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

history repeating itself???? Empty Re: history repeating itself????

Post by HotParadox Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:48 pm

Yup, incompetent politicians have been around for a loooong time-and not all are Democratic. Lots of Republicans in the mix.

The problem is the parties have lost their way. Look at the leaders in both parties 50 years ago and tell me that's not true. JFK was a Democrat but nothing like the ones today. Same with Republicans of half a century ago. Both parties need to revisit the past and get back to their core values. This is one reason so many kids are going with the Libertarian Party. Constitutionalists are what these kids want today.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

history repeating itself???? Empty 160 Years Ago...

Post by par84forme Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 pm

160 Years Ago...

Do you know what happened this week back in 1850, 160 years ago?
California became a state.
The State had no electricity.
The State had no money.
Almost everyone spoke Spanish.
There were gunfights in the streets.
So basically, it was just like California is today, except the women had
real breasts and the men didn't hold hands.
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:51 pm

HotParadox wrote:Yup, incompetent politicians have been around for a loooong time-and not all are Democratic. Lots of Republicans in the mix.

The problem is the parties have lost their way. Look at the leaders in both parties 50 years ago and tell me that's not true. JFK was a Democrat but nothing like the ones today. Same with Republicans of half a century ago. Both parties need to revisit the past and get back to their core values. This is one reason so many kids are going with the Libertarian Party. Constitutionalists are what these kids want today.

The public needs to take a look at themselves as well. These polititians aren't getting into office on their own. If we want our polititions to have core values, then their parents have to work on instiling those values. We need to ask ourselves, "Is this the best we can do?" If we continue to give our kids everything they want, then they will grow up thinking they are intitled to have everything, and those types of personalities is what will eventually land in washington and local government.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:54 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Yup, incompetent politicians have been around for a loooong time-and not all are Democratic. Lots of Republicans in the mix.

The public needs to take a look at themselves as well. These polititians aren't getting into office on their own. If we want our polititions to have core values, then their parents have to work on instiling those values. We need to ask ourselves, "Is this the best we can do?" If we continue to give our kids everything they want, then they will grow up thinking they are intitled to have everything, and those types of personalities is what will eventually land in washington and local government.

I couldn't agree more with you. This kind of says it for me when I was growing up.