Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O'Reilly discusses and debates "torture" on the Factor

2 posters

Go down

O'Reilly discusses and debates "torture" on the Factor Empty O'Reilly discusses and debates "torture" on the Factor

Post by Grim17 Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:44 am

Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

O'Reilly discusses and debates "torture" on the Factor Empty Re: O'Reilly discusses and debates "torture" on the Factor

Post by catch-22 Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:47 am

Grim17 wrote:
Starting threads with a link to a video without a comment is propaganda.

Propaganda is the dissemination of information aimed at influencing the opinions or behaviors of large numbers of people. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense presents information in order to influence its audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or gives loaded messages in order to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the cognitive narrative of the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda.

Propaganda is the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist.

—Garth S. Jowett and Victoria O'Donnell, Propaganda and Persuasion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

catch-22

Male
Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

O'Reilly discusses and debates "torture" on the Factor Empty Re: O'Reilly discusses and debates "torture" on the Factor

Post by Grim17 Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:47 am

I post videos so that you can comment on them. I will comment if anyone wants to talk about it.

I will say this though... I thought O'Reilly's Talking Points Memo was great, especially the part about how despicable the media has been.
Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down