Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprise!... Team "O" Will Remove Sanctions On Murderous Myanmar Regime

+2
thomasjay
Frankg
6 posters

Go down

Surprise!... Team "O" Will Remove Sanctions On Murderous Myanmar Regime Empty Surprise!... Team "O" Will Remove Sanctions On Murderous Myanmar Regime

Post by Frankg Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Surprise!... Team "O" Will Remove Sanctions On Murderous Myanmar Regime

Let's see... Team Obama already waived sanctions on Syria and is considering opening travel to Cuba.
Now they want to drop sanctions against the murderous military junta in Burma.

(Did you notice how the media slipped this into the last paragraph of the
Axis of Evil?... What Axis of Evil?

It's like watching Carter on Speed.

The monks led massive democracy protests against the brutal junta.

...Until the military regime slaughtered them and imprisoned several thousand men and women for demanding freedom. (BBC)

They just shoot their protesters in Burma:

That's good enough for Team O.

President Bush met with freedom protesters

Team O will meet with the regimes
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/
Frankg
Frankg

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Surprise!... Team "O" Will Remove Sanctions On Murderous Myanmar Regime Empty Re: Surprise!... Team "O" Will Remove Sanctions On Murderous Myanmar Regime

Post by thomasjay Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Frank, you ignorant slut. You're as completely clueless about what's going on with Burma aka Myanmar as you are about almost everything else. Why don't you try reading some actual objective news and analysis from reputable sources before embarrasing yourself ?

thomasjay

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Surprise!... Team "O" Will Remove Sanctions On Murderous Myanmar Regime Empty Re: Surprise!... Team "O" Will Remove Sanctions On Murderous Myanmar Regime

Post by Cartoon Head Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:02 pm

Lol, I have never heard a bloke call another bloke a slut!!!!

Can I use that?

Never mind, I am using it.

Cartoon Head

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:45 pm

thomasjay wrote:Frank, you ignorant slut. You're as completely clueless about what's going on with Burma aka Myanmar as you are about almost everything else. Why don't you try reading some actual objective news and analysis from reputable sources before embarrasing yourself ?

LMAO! Just wait until he posts a juicy morsel from World Net Daily! Laughing
Americanadian
Americanadian

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankg Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:32 am

thomasjay wrote:Frank, you ignorant slut. You're as completely clueless about what's going on with Burma aka Myanmar as you are about almost everything else. Why don't you try reading some actual objective news and analysis from reputable sources before embarrasing yourself ?
Why is Forbes.com not reputable ?
Frankg
Frankg

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasjay Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:25 am

Link to the Forbes article supporting your position then. Don't try to tell me Forbes is on your regular reading list Laughing Your reading comprehension is so bad that twice now during our discussions you've linked to stories at urbanlegends.com and missed the fact that right at the top it said the stories were false
You just heard someone on hate radio or read someone on a wingnut blog mention Forbes out of context Rolling Eyes

thomasjay

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:26 am

The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:Lol, I have never heard a bloke call another bloke a slut!!!!

Can I use that?

I love tj! Very Happy
I'm sure that Frank got a kick out of it because every American over the age of 10 knows that "ignorant slut" line. It went on for years and was from an ongoing skit with Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtin on Saturday Night Live:

HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasjay Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:04 pm

HotParadox wrote:
The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:Lol, I have never heard a bloke call another bloke a slut!!!!

Can I use that?

I love tj! Very Happy
I'm sure that Frank got a kick out of it because every American over the age of 10 knows that "ignorant slut" line. It went on for years and was from an ongoing skit with Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtin on Saturday Night Live:

Wow, I'm glad you got it. Smile I was starting to have one of those "sh*t I must be getting really old because I'm making cultural references no one gets" moments. Hey could you do me a favor? I was trying to post the Emily Litella 'Violins on TV' video from Hulu in the Fairness Doctrine thread, and it wasn't taking the code for me. Maybe you can get it to work? That character was based on the Fairness Doctrine and really shows how silly it was.

thomasjay

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:08 pm

Okey dokey old guy, I'll do my best!

signed,
old girl, hehe farao
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasjay Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:18 pm

HotParadox wrote:Okey dokey old guy, I'll do my best!

signed,
old girl, hehe farao

I just noticed if you put Violins on TV in the searchbox in this video it brings it up. I had to have screwed up the embed code.

thomasjay

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:20 pm

HotParadox wrote:Okey dokey old guy, I'll do my best!

signed,
old girl, hehe farao

I'll go post it over there, but in the meantime, it deserves to be here too!

Courtesy, the clever mind...silent... of our very own, tj!

Watch more Saturday Night Live videos on AOL Video

HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:51 pm

It says I cannot see it 'in my region'. That is discrimination. I am off to call the police about this.

Smile

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Cartoon Head wrote:It says I cannot see it 'in my region'. That is discrimination. I am off to call the police about this.

Smile
Leave the cops out of this. You keep them busy enough.

I will investigate. Hold... bounce ...on.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Cartoon Head wrote:It says I cannot see it 'in my region'.

See if your region can see this.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/2364/saturday-night-live-weekend-update-emily-litella-on-violins-on-tv
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jigglepete Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Hahaha...I loved her bit on protecting "natural racehorses"...Oh...NEVermind...Hahahaha

jigglepete

Male
Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Gardening/GARdening
Humor : Some think yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:04 pm

I know Petey, so funny. Very Happy

Sad that she died so young. She was married to Gene Wilder, he was devastated.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankg Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:20 pm

thomasjay wrote:
Link to the Forbes article supporting your position then. Don't try to tell me Forbes is on your regular reading list Laughing Your reading comprehension is so bad that twice now during our discussions you've linked to stories at urbanlegends.com and missed the fact that right at the top it said the stories were false
You just heard someone on hate radio or read someone on a wingnut blog mention Forbes out of context Rolling Eyes

At the town hall meeting, Clinton also said that the administration was reviewing policy on Burma, suggesting it was considering a major shift that would ease some of the strict economic sanctions the United States has imposed on the junta that has long kept under house arrest Aung San Suu Kyi, a Nobel Prize-winning democracy activist.

"We're looking at what steps could influence the current Burmese government, and we're looking at ways we could help the Burmese people," she said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/17/AR2009021700957.html?wprss=rss_nation
Frankg
Frankg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Frank. Could be me, but that post more or less ignored everything that TJ just wrote.

*scratches head*

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down