Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Obama Promise Tracker

3 posters

Go down

The Obama Promise Tracker Empty The Obama Promise Tracker

Post by Frankg Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Excellent way to find out how many promises Barack Hussein Obama has kept and how many he has broken.
Frankg
Frankg

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Obama Promise Tracker Empty Re: The Obama Promise Tracker

Post by JReed Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:06 pm

I would like to say that our two-party system and primary election system essentially forces politicians to lie to get elected.

First you have to catagorize yourself as repub or dem just to be taken seriously.

then you have to pander to the extremists of your party to win the primary...and then you have to change your stance and try to get the middle of the road voters to win the election.

So either they lie to the extremists...or they lie to everyone else.

At the end of the day we lose because we the people don't force real change.

That isn't to say Obama isn't driving us right into the ground laughing all the way...because he is. I just don't think the lies he told while campaigning matter because every pres does. That's the shame of it.
JReed
JReed

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Ironman
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:00 pm

JReed wrote:I would like to say that our two-party system and primary election system essentially forces politicians to lie to get elected.

First you have to catagorize yourself as repub or dem just to be taken seriously.

then you have to pander to the extremists of your party to win the primary...and then you have to change your stance and try to get the middle of the road voters to win the election.

So either they lie to the extremists...or they lie to everyone else.

At the end of the day we lose because we the people don't force real change.

That isn't to say Obama isn't driving us right into the ground laughing all the way...because he is. I just don't think the lies he told while campaigning matter because every pres does. That's the shame of it.

And the sad part is that we not only know it, we just keep on electing those idiots year after year and letting them get away with it. So I guess that the shame is really on us isn't it? pale

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down