Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are RC's Christians?

+7
CarolinaHound
Americanadian
thomasjay
Old Timer
HotParadox
Theophilus
Cartoon Head
11 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Are RC's Christians?

Are RC's Christians? - Page 2 Vote_lcap88%Are RC's Christians? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 88% 
[ 7 ]
Are RC's Christians? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Are RC's Christians? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Are RC's Christians? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are RC's Christians?

Post by Old Timer Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:32 am

HotParadox wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:
HotParadox wrote:OPPS, you didn't catch my edit again to my above post:
"TBH, my friends wouldn't do that to me. We are in total disagreement over religions but we have respect for each other as friends. I do not expect my friends to respect or like my faith; just me. Very Happy Just respect and like me, in other words, and I will like and respect you regardless of your faith or lack of.

I don't know, but religion is a bigger deal to you than it is to me, I don't care about it with people. Live and let live and leave me alone, basically, and I'll do the same for you. Cool

I like to keep friendships very simple. I will give you the shirt off my back to help you, but I really don't want to annoy you or be annoyed by you. Not you, but you know, the collective you.

Good post.

And yet, without meaning to, there have been times when people have not been intending to attack or upset you, when they use a term like 'magic friend in the sky', when they are referring to god. Or 'cosmic jewish zombie' when referring to Jesus. And you can take that the wrong way, HP.

As I said before, I think that if we did have a creator(s), then the odds are that they would be so highly developed that they would also have an acute sense of humour, the god or gods would be able to laugh at themselves, and be self effacing.

Btw, are you actually proposing to take your shirt off, and then post pics here?

Wink
I Don't know how else to take 'magic friend in the sky', when they are referring to god. Or 'cosmic jewish zombie' when referring to Jesus. If you're a Muslim and I refer to Allah as the 'Rag Head Carpet Bagger', you might take a little offense. If you want to call Jesus names, I think it's a little offensive to do it when you're talking to Christians. And how is that sort of derogatory talk not done without meaning to offend?

Yes, when I said that I would take the shirt off my back for you, I really meant it in the literal sense. Keep watching this site for updates on how I'm doing, getting my shirt off and for when I'll be posting the pictures. I will keep you abreast. Very Happy

Laughing Now this I just gotta see.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:38 am

Yes, OT. I had a feeling you might be interested. Watch this space for any new developments. Sleep
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:46 am

HotParadox wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:
"TBH, my friends wouldn't do that to me. We are in total disagreement over religions but we have respect for each other as friends. I do not expect my friends to respect or like my faith; just me. Very Happy Just respect and like me, in other words, and I will like and respect you regardless of your faith or lack of.

I don't know, but religion is a bigger deal to you than it is to me, I don't care about it with people. Live and let live and leave me alone, basically, and I'll do the same for you. Cool

I like to keep friendships very simple. I will give you the shirt off my back to help you, but I really don't want to annoy you or be annoyed by you. Not you, but you know, the collective you.

Good post.

And yet, without meaning to, there have been times when people have not been intending to attack or upset you, when they use a term like 'magic friend in the sky', when they are referring to god. Or 'cosmic jewish zombie' when referring to Jesus. And you can take that the wrong way, HP.

As I said before, I think that if we did have a creator(s), then the odds are that they would be so highly developed that they would also have an acute sense of humour, the god or gods would be able to laugh at themselves, and be self effacing.

Btw, are you actually proposing to take your shirt off, and then post pics here?

Wink
I Don't know how else to take 'magic friend in the sky', when they are referring to god. Or 'cosmic jewish zombie' when referring to Jesus. If you're a Muslim and I refer to Allah as the 'Rag Head Carpet Bagger', you might take a little offense. If you want to call Jesus names, I think it's a little offensive to do it when you're talking to Christians. And how is that sort of derogatory talk not done without meaning to offend?

Yes, when I said that I would take the shirt off my back for you, I really meant it in the literal sense. Keep watching this site for updates on how I'm doing, getting my shirt off and for when I'll be posting the pictures. I will keep you abreast. Very Happy

That's not really what I meant.

Okay, say someone starts a thread, and refers to god as being of equal merit to belief in fairies?

They do not have you in mind when stating this, they are stating it, not even to offend, but to underscore a point, and I personally feel it to be a fair comparison.

I have read plenty of threads on some forums in which theists threaten eternal damnation to 'unbelibers', and of the two, I think a little humour is the least threatening.

Now.

Get yer kit off.

Cartoon Head

Number of posts : 1661

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:58 am

HotParadox wrote:Yes, OT. I had a feeling you might be interested. Watch this space for any new developments. Sleep

And so I shall keep a close eye on you. Laughing

Image hosted by servimg.com

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:01 am

Cartoon Head wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:

Good post.

Wink

That's not really what I meant.

Okay, say someone starts a thread, and refers to god as being of equal merit to belief in fairies?

They do not have you in mind when stating this, they are stating it, not even to offend, but to underscore a point, and I personally feel it to be a fair comparison.

I have read plenty of threads on some forums in which theists threaten eternal damnation to 'unbelibers', and of the two, I think a little humour is the least threatening.

Now.

Get yer kit off.
It's off. You'll have to fine tune your screen a little better.

Well, I guess my point is although I may not be addressing or talking to a Muslim when referring to Allah as a Pin Head, I understand that this is not a private chat I'm having here, so I don't want to offend a Muslim who may be reading my post. I just don't like to hurt peoples' feelings or be insensitive. So when you say something like Jesus is a 'cosmic jewish zombie' I have a hard time distinguishing between humor and callous insensitivity; especially when it comes from you who is such a good person that you feel vicariously guilty about everyfreakingthing and go on and on and on about being tolerant and kind and accepting of
e v e r y b o d y regardless of their differences. Peace.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:05 am

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Yes, OT. I had a feeling you might be interested. Watch this space for any new developments. Sleep

And so I shall keep a close eye on you. Laughing
Ok, but remember that I'm a ditzy bitch and could change my mind without warning.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 am

Yeah. But what I am saying is that if I had any beleif system, esp one that was supernatural in origin, I wouldn't mind a tall if people ribbed me about it, I would be cool with that. We should be able to laugh at everything, after all, there is humour in everything, imo.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 am

So, OK. Your a female, what else is new? That is what you women do isn't it. Laughing

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:16 am

Cartoon Head wrote:Yeah. But what I am saying is that if I had any beleif system, esp one that was supernatural in origin, I wouldn't mind a tall if people ribbed me about it, I would be cool with that. We should be able to laugh at everything, after all, there is humour in everything, imo.
But see, that's you and I understand that's your view so, therefore, you have no problem if I refer to your lack of belief in God in a derogatory manner. Like if I say people who don't believe in God are 'fraidy cat's with no balls you find that very funny. Not that I think you are. It's not funny if your humor hurts the one you're aiming your humor at. Crying or Very sad
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:19 am

Old Timer wrote:So, OK. Your a female, what else is new? That is what you women do isn't it. Laughing
I can't speak for other women, but that is the purpose of my life.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:24 am

HotParadox wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:Yeah. But what I am saying is that if I had any beleif system, esp one that was supernatural in origin, I wouldn't mind a tall if people ribbed me about it, I would be cool with that. We should be able to laugh at everything, after all, there is humour in everything, imo.
But see, that's you and I understand that's your view so, therefore, you have no problem if I refer to your lack of belief in God in a derogatory manner. Like if I say people who don't believe in God are 'fraidy cat's with no balls you find that very funny. Not that I think you are. It's not funny if your humor hurts the one you're aiming your humor at. Crying or Very sad

But take that to it's logical conclusion, and no one would ever be light hearted about anything. Ever. Lest someone was offended by it?

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:33 am

Cartoon Head wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

But take that to it's logical conclusion, and no one would ever be light hearted about anything. Ever. Lest someone was offended by it?
To me, that's not a logical conclusion. What's logical is putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with the answer that not all things are funny to all people. That is not only logical but it is very true.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:43 am

HotParadox wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

To me, that's not a logical conclusion. What's logical is putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with the answer that not all things are funny to all people. That is not only logical but it is very true.

That is true.

And what a dull old world it would be were it so.

Nevertheless, unless there is real personal spite or malice meant, I think almost anything should be fair game for a bit of ribbing.

Do you like live stand up comedy?

Nothing is 'sacred'.

As it should be.

Even jokes or comedy observations about race and gender can be so true and funny.

Why not religion, I say.

Basketball

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasjay Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:53 am

Religious jokes?
A Buddhist walks into a pizza parlor and says 'make me one with everything'

The pizza costs 16.95 and he pays with a 20 that the shop owner puts in the cash register and closes it. 'Where's my change?' asks the Buddhist
The shop owner replies 'Ah, change comes from within yourself!'

thomasjay

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:13 pm

Cartoon Head wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

That is true.

Nevertheless, unless there is real personal spite or malice meant, I think almost anything should be fair game for a bit of ribbing.

Nothing is 'sacred'.

As it should be.

Even jokes or comedy observations about race and gender can be so true and funny.

Why not religion, I say.

Basketball
I love comedy and knowing me as you do, I hope you can see that I do have a good sense of humor. I love most comedy, but Bill Maher and George Carlin, when they go off on religion, to me they are more intent on being mean than being funny. Listen to them. Great anger there. Comedians that poke fun at their own faith, that are self-effacing, are funnier to me. Seinfeld when he talks about Jews, for instance, cracks me up. There is a southern (USA) comedian who pokes fun at his own Evangelical faith and he is brilliantly funny. But if he were hatefully bitching about his faith like Carlin and Maher, that to me is pure anger cloaked in a transparent veil of comedy.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:20 pm

thomasjay wrote:Religious jokes?

The pizza costs 16.95 and he pays with a 20 that the shop owner puts in the cash register and closes it. 'Where's my change?' asks the Buddhist
lol Very Happy

Here's one:
The Priest and The Rabi

A Priest and a Rabi were friends since kindergarten, and were always joking one with the other.
Once, the Priest and the Rabi were to a dinner and the Priest asked if the Rabi would have a pork dish.
The Rabi looked back, really hurting, and said, "I don't eat pork, that is against my religion."
The Priest then asked if he never, even once in his life, had pork.
The Rabi said "Well, one time I had just a little piece to tryout, but that was it."
A few minutes later the Rabi said to the Priest "By the way, tell me: have you ever been with a woman, even a single time?"
The Priest said "Yes, there was one time I was really curious and had been with a woman".
Five minutes later the Rabi looks at him and says "A lot better than pork, right?"
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:24 pm

thomasjay wrote:Religious jokes?

Lovely.

I have a belter, but the way it is, best I maybe e mail it ya!

Very Happy

*ooh the self censorship machine has caught on, lol*

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:14 am

Good topic.

I'll add my two bits into the fray here.

First off, I believe that Roman Catholicism isn't considered "Christian" and I'll explain why.

Christianity is based on the teachings of Christ and He Himself stated that He had come not to abolish the Law but to fulfill it. Therefore, the Law as outlined in the Old Testament is an essential part of the teachings of Christ.

Let us consider the 10 Commandments. How many are broken on a regular basis by the RC dogma?

Idol worship for one. The religion teaches to pray to the Virgin Mary and the Saints. There is no scriptural support for such teachings.

3 Do not have any other gods before me.

4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me

In fact, another of the commandments pertaining to the Sabbath (Saturday, 7th day of the week) was changed by Constantine in 321 AD to observe Sunday (Day of the Sun God) in the attempts to amalgamate the church and pagans. There is no scriptural support for Sunday observance. Most Protestant denominations still attend services on Sundays not realizing that they are observing a Catholic mark of ecclesiastical authority and not God's authority. Sunday observance is adhering to man's authority while Sabbath observance is acknowledging God's authority as outlined since Man's beginning. I will explain further:

Most calendars reveal Sunday to Saturday despite most of the world follows a Monday to Friday work week and we consider the "weekend" to be Saturday and Sunday. There are some calendars that show Monday to Sunday, but the majority are the former.

Observation 1: The Jews have always kept the Sabbath. They still do to this day. And it isn't Sunday. In the New Testament, consider the observance of Sabbath by the Jews, even when Christ was crucified. They took him down from the cross before sunset to ensure they weren't breaking the Sabbath.

Observation 2: Good Friday is the day Christ was crucified. If he was taken down from the cross on Friday (before Sabbath) rested in the tomb the next day, and rose on the first day of the week, we therefore can easily see that Saturday is day 7.

So why do so many churches attend services on Sunday? Easy. Most churches which at one time were considered "Protestant", are in name only. There has been a movement to bring the Protestant churches 'back into the fold'. Rome considers itself the one and only church, the "true church". Anyone outside of it has no salvation, in their words.

The RC church also considers the Pope to be infallible. He supposedly has the power to ex-communicate angels from Heaven, which is absurdity and blasphemy to say the least. The Scriptures say all have fallen short and are sinful, except for Jesus Christ. Therefore, once again the RC dogma is exposed as a fraud if considered to be a "Christian" religion.

In my opinion, there's an abundance of religions amongst the Protestant ranks simply due to the differing interpretation of the Scriptures. Some people do not want to change themselves for the sake of dogma, and thus seek out a religion which will give them a warm fuzzy feeling while permitting them to retain their various vices which will eventually destroy them.

Anyhow, more than my two bits, LOL... Mad
Americanadian
Americanadian

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:37 am

In addition,

A few teachings prevalent in the RC church which has no Scriptural support.

Purgatory or eternal hellfire where sinners will be sent after death to burn for eternity was a fabrication imposed on the peasants due to ignorance of the Scriptures. It is nothing more than a fear tactic which many of us are familiar with since Politicians use them all the time. This fact prompted Martin Luther to rise up against the RC church due to the corruption and malfeasance.

State of the Dead - Because of Hollywood and the common belief about "spirits of the deceased" or "souls" many are compelled to believe in ghosts as their dead relatives and loved ones. There is no Scriptural support for this either. One example was when Christ spoke of Lazarus when Lazarus had passed away. "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth". His disciples presumed that Jesus was going to go wake up their friend when he was de facto dead and already in a tomb. Even God spoke of man's return to the dust upon his death and in the Old Testament, King David in the Psalms wrote about the dead not singing any praises to God.

If people immediately went to heaven or hell at death, there wouldn't be a necessity for the second coming of Christ which many religions believe will transpire in the near future. It would also contradict the entire foundation of the historical struggle between Good and Evil. While it appears logical to have the constant polar opposites (Good and Evil), the Scriptures paint a different portrait. Evil was never originally intended for earth's inhabitants. Immortality was the original plan which was thwarted by the rebellious and envious Lucifer. When man fell, he lost that privilege of immortality; death and mortality took its place. Christ's sacrifice on the cross gives anyone the opportunity to receive the gift of immortality again if they choose to. Christ restored what was stolen in the Garden of Eden.

Okay, I'm done for now. Time for bed. Smile Sleep
Americanadian
Americanadian

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:50 am

Americanadian wrote:In addition,

A few teachings prevalent in the RC church which has no Scriptural support.

Purgatory or eternal hellfire where sinners will be sent after death to burn for eternity was a fabrication imposed on the peasants due to ignorance of the Scriptures. It is nothing more than a fear tactic which many of us are familiar with since Politicians use them all the time. This fact prompted Martin Luther to rise up against the RC church due to the corruption and malfeasance.

State of the Dead - Because of Hollywood and the common belief about "spirits of the deceased" or "souls" many are compelled to believe in ghosts as their dead relatives and loved ones. There is no Scriptural support for this either. One example was when Christ spoke of Lazarus when Lazarus had passed away. "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth". His disciples presumed that Jesus was going to go wake up their friend when he was de facto dead and already in a tomb. Even God spoke of man's return to the dust upon his death and in the Old Testament, King David in the Psalms wrote about the dead not singing any praises to God.

If people immediately went to heaven or hell at death, there wouldn't be a necessity for the second coming of Christ which many religions believe will transpire in the near future. It would also contradict the entire foundation of the historical struggle between Good and Evil. While it appears logical to have the constant polar opposites (Good and Evil), the Scriptures paint a different portrait. Evil was never originally intended for earth's inhabitants. Immortality was the original plan which was thwarted by the rebellious and envious Lucifer. When man fell, he lost that privilege of immortality; death and mortality took its place. Christ's sacrifice on the cross gives anyone the opportunity to receive the gift of immortality again if they choose to. Christ restored what was stolen in the Garden of Eden.

Okay, I'm done for now. Time for bed. Smile Sleep

With all due respect to any and all religions and with malice toward none. I do not belong to any organized religion, but then neither did Jesus. So if it was good enough for him it is good enough for me.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Actually, that is well said, OT.

I quite imagine that if any of the old prophets were alive today, they would shake their heads at what organised religion had come to be symbolic of.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Cartoon Head wrote:Actually, that is well said, OT.

I quite imagine that if any of the old prophets were alive today, they would shake their heads at what organised religion had come to be symbolic of.

Religion and Politics have two things in common, money and power.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:41 pm

Old Timer wrote:

Correct.

And because of that, they are often bedfellows.

*nods*

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Cartoon Head wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

Correct.

And because of that, they are often bedfellows.

*nods*

Not often, always. Laughing

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:29 pm

I guess they could be depending on the decals....

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Old Timer wrote:
With all due respect to any and all religions and with malice toward none. I do not belong to any organized religion, but then neither did Jesus. So if it was good enough for him it is good enough for me.

Exactly the point. Religions have usurped the "Christian" title. Christianity today is nothing more than religious wolves hiding in Christian wool. True Christianity is rare because it goes against the grain of society. It is a revolutionary movement. Religions have become indifferent and lukewarm just as much of society in general is indifferent and apathetic.

I do harbor malice against the religions which profess to be Christian, and yet, abnegate the principles of Christianity to perpetuate traditionalism and embrace an "anything goes" disposition. It's morally wrong and I hate watching people deceive other people. Ignorant people play a vital role in fomenting and enabling false religions and con artists.

Christ spent the majority of His time being an example to others and administering to the sick and poor. Very few in organized religion do any such thing and some financially support apartheid regimes such as Israel because they have misinterpreted Scriptures to such a degree as to be wrong altogether.

However, the various interpretations has resulted in the plethora of religions we see prevalent today, and thus, confusion as to which religion is closest to Christianity and the truth. We already know that Roman Catholicism is one of the furthest from the Scriptural truth based on their doctrine. Catholicism is the epitome of a religion that emphasizes the importance of dogma and tradition higher than God Himself.

This isn't applicable to the common RC sitting and warming a pew in Sunday mass. Some of the more revolutionary Christians to spawn the Protestant movement were former Catholics. Even to this day, the ones leading the charge against the lies and corruption of the Vatican were former Catholics. The worst thing that the common RC can be guilty of, is ignorance and complacency with a lack of curiosity to find the truth for themselves. When one understands the Scriptures, there is no way a person can truthfully claim that the Roman Catholic church is the "true church", or even remotely Christian, based on the teachings of Christ.
Americanadian
Americanadian

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:47 pm

WOW, AC, you've sure got a vendetta against RC. That's too bad. I will only tell you that while many of the points you've made are valid, it does not preclude RC from being a Christian faith with true Christians following it. It does not fit the criteria of being a cult, and leading Protestants, such as Hank Hanegraaff, will agree to that. One more thing, I read recently that the Church is about ready to boot out pergurtory among other things. Also, young Catholics are demanding, just for instance, that Bible Study be paid more importance in teaching the the tenants of Christianity to the faithful. It appears that there will be significant changes within the Church within the next quarter century.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:02 pm

HotParadox wrote:WOW, AC, you've sure got a vendetta against RC. That's too bad. I will only tell you that while many of the points you've made are valid, it does not preclude RC from being a Christian faith with true Christians following it. It does not fit the criteria of being a cult, and leading Protestants, such as Hank Hanegraaff, will agree to that. One more thing, I read recently that the Church is about ready to boot out pergurtory among other things. Also, young Catholics are demanding, just for instance, that Bible Study be paid more importance in teaching the the tenants of Christianity to the faithful. It appears that there will be significant changes within the Church within the next quarter century.

I don't believe the religion is a cult, but it doesn't adhere to the basic tenets of Christianity. The Virgin Mary shouldn't be worshipped as even angels have told men not to worship them, as only One is worthy of worship.

A change within the church would be a welcome change. I just fear it's nothing more than semantics to appease the "librul" Catholics which are a burden to the hardliners in the Vatican. Liberal Catholics are despised as much as heretics and Protestants.

God's people are in every denomination. Some haven't been shown the light needed to make the transition out of the churches they presently attend. Eventually, once their eyes are opened to the truth, they will leave when they realize the churches aren't willing to change their doctrine pertaining to the raw truth of Scripture. Much of that will pertain to the Sabbath. People will need to decide whether they will follow the day God set aside as Holy or follow a day which was set aside by man as a substitute. As in Revelation, it states that the remnant people will be keepers of the Commandments. The 4th Commandment separating God's followers from the rest.
Americanadian
Americanadian

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:08 pm

I hear you, AC. Much of what you said, I've said, even in my first post. To dispute the fact that they are Christians, though, is the stance of the very far right Protestants and they couldn't be less Christian if they tried and couldn't be more incorrect.

Off subject. I just went to your new thread about scam and laughed my ass off. Good on ya! Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:10 pm

HotParadox wrote:I hear you, AC. Much of what you said, I've said, even in my first post. To dispute the fact that they are Christians, though, is the stance of the very far right Protestants and they couldn't be less Christian if they tried and couldn't be more incorrect.

Off subject. I just went to your new thread about scam and laughed my ass off. Good on ya! Very Happy

Yeah, Scam is now for the mentally challenged since Mumbles became Mod. I bet he has a permanent woody banning all of us regulars who make him look silly in comparison.

It's Scam's loss more than ours.
Americanadian
Americanadian

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Totally, AC. You are so not that place anymore. It's really below you, I'm not gonna lie.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:13 am

Americanadian wrote:
HotParadox wrote:I hear you, AC. Much of what you said, I've said, even in my first post. To dispute the fact that they are Christians, though, is the stance of the very far right Protestants and they couldn't be less Christian if they tried and couldn't be more incorrect.

Yeah, Scam is now for the mentally challenged since Mumbles became Mod. I bet he has a permanent woody banning all of us regulars who make him look silly in comparison.

It's Scam's loss more than ours.

LOL.

Mumbles a freaking moderator.

Is he still struggling to capitalise his sentences? Laughing

Who has he banned on there, so far?

Not me, since I almost never go there now.

Christie?

Banned?

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:15 am

I know people like that.

Profess to be 'Christian', and there is not one good quality about them.

What's their motivator?

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:18 am

HotParadox wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

That is true.

Nothing is 'sacred'.

As it should be.

Why not religion, I say.

Basketball
I love comedy and knowing me as you do, I hope you can see that I do have a good sense of humor. I love most comedy, but Bill Maher and George Carlin, when they go off on religion, to me they are more intent on being mean than being funny. Listen to them. Great anger there. .

George Carlin. Very funny man. I don't sense any hatred there, at all.

No

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 am

Americanadian wrote:
HotParadox wrote:WOW, AC, you've sure got a vendetta against RC. That's too bad. I will only tell you that while many of the points you've made are valid, it does not preclude RC from being a Christian faith with true Christians following it. It does not fit the criteria of being a cult, and leading Protestants, such as Hank Hanegraaff, will agree to that. One more thing, I read recently that the Church is about ready to boot out pergurtory among other things. Also, young Catholics are demanding, just for instance, that Bible Study be paid more importance in teaching the the tenants of Christianity to the faithful. It appears that there will be significant changes within the Church within the next quarter century.

I don't believe the religion is a cult,

All religions are 'cults'.

What's the difference, Andre?

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:47 am

Cartoon Head wrote:
Americanadian wrote:

By definition, so is atheism. tongue

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:21 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:
Americanadian wrote:

But we all have the right to worship or not worship as we please and if anyone doesn't like it then that is just to bad. Freedom of religion, whatever, however and when ever is one of our most cherished rights. There will always be a diference of opinion between the different religions. Isn't is best to live and let live on that subject. After all it is no one's business how you worship any more than it is any of your business how anyone else decides to worship is it.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:26 am

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:
Americanadian wrote:

But we all have the right to worship or not worship as we please and if anyone doesn't like it then that is just to bad. Freedom of religion, whatever, however and when ever is one of our most cherished rights. There will always be a diference of opinion between the different religions. Isn't is best to live and let live on that subject. After all it is no one's business how you worship any more than it is any of your business how anyone else decides to worship is it.

You're preaching the gospel OT! Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:35 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:
Americanadian wrote:

You're preaching the gospel OT! Wink

Nope, just stating the facts my dear friend, just stating the facts. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Cartoon Head wrote:

I suppose they could be considered a cult in a sense. However, when others disagree with the creed of whatever religion, they usually go off and start their own religion. Every church has had their share of 'offshoots'.
Americanadian
Americanadian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum