Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unfortunate Woman/Poor Chimp

4 posters

Go down

Unfortunate Woman/Poor Chimp Empty Unfortunate Woman/Poor Chimp

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:25 pm

The owner said he was like her son. She was confused big time. What happened to the owner's friend is horrific. But instead of killing the animal, why didn't they shoot him with a tranquilizer gun and release him to a zoo or a proper facility or a jungle, for that matter?

Story and more footage:
http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-ap-chimpattack0218,0,999235.story
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Unfortunate Woman/Poor Chimp Empty Re: Unfortunate Woman/Poor Chimp

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:00 pm

HotParadox wrote:The owner said he was like her son. She was confused big time. What happened to the owner's friend is horrific. But instead of killing the animal, why didn't they shoot him with a tranquilizer gun and release him to a zoo or a proper facility or a jungle, for that matter?

Story and more footage:

As far as I know, you can't give an animal, human prescriptions like Xanax and that is what the owner did trying to calm him down. I don't understand why they didn't tranquilize him unless they didn't have time to get animal control on the scene. She is responsible for the harm done to her friend. Its a sad story!!!
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Coming from a large city (St. Loius, MO.) Where there is a large zoo, I have many times gone to the zoo with my grandfather. Upon several occasions I have had the opportunity to play with the younger chimps that they had out for the public. Which were quite gentle. But talking to their trainer I learnt that as they get older they are more prone to violence and it would not take very much to set them off. In addition to that aspect and the owner giving it the medication that she should not have given the chimp, would I hope make her liable.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:
HotParadox wrote:The owner said he was like her son. She was confused big time. What happened to the owner's friend is horrific. But instead of killing the animal, why didn't they shoot him with a tranquilizer gun and release him to a zoo or a proper facility or a jungle, for that matter?

Story and more footage:

As far as I know, you can't give an animal, human prescriptions like Xanax and that is what the owner did trying to calm him down. I don't understand why they didn't tranquilize him unless they didn't have time to get animal control on the scene. She is responsible for the harm done to her friend. Its a sad story!!!
It is truly sad. Yes, P, she gave him tea with Xanax and 5 minutes later he went over the edge. And God only knows how much she gave him. What a sin. Sad
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:54 pm

Old Timer wrote:Coming from a large city (St. Loius, MO.) Where there is a large zoo, I have many times gone to the zoo with my grandfather. Upon several occasions I have had the opportunity to play with the younger chimps that they had out for the public. Which were quite gentle. But talking to their trainer I learnt that as they get older they are more prone to violence and it would not take very much to set them off. In addition to that aspect and the owner giving it the medication that she should not have given the chimp, would I hope make her liable.
I'll bet you the farm she gets off scott free. If she really cared about him, she would have done what the other woman in the vid did: gave him up at 6 or 7. He simply amused her and made her rich with all the commercials he did. Poor innocent animal, such a shame. Crying or Very sad
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:38 am

Story and more footage:

He opened the door to the police cruiser the cop who shot him was defending himself. And cops in general don't carry tranquilizers as standard equipment. I have all ideas they did call animal control. But when you have a mad chimp coming after you and you have a gun, you're gonna shot it if you have any sense. The one who should be shot is the owner. What is a 70 year old woman doing with a 200 lb chimp? She tried to make a human out of him which is wrong and it back fired and the ladies friend paid the price. You can teach an animal all the tricks you want, in the end the animal is still what it was born to be. Chris Rock said it best about the tiger and Siegfried and Roy, "The tiger didn't go crazy! The tiger when tiger!"

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content