Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally, my prayers have been answered!!

5 posters

Go down

Finally, my prayers have been answered!! Empty Finally, my prayers have been answered!!

Post by luciano Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:18 pm

Dallas Cowboy Terrell Owens gets own reality show

DALLAS (AP) — Dallas Cowboy Terrell Owens is letting the public get a look at his personal life.

VH1 announced Monday that the outspoken wide receiver will star in his own reality show on the channel, beginning this summer.

The channel says that in the series, which takes place in the offseason, T.O.'s best friends and publicists — Monique Jackson and Kita Williams — will help him re-examine his personal life.

VH1 says that Jackson and Williams will work as “matchmakers and therapists.”
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Finally, my prayers have been answered!! Empty Re: Finally, my prayers have been answered!!

Post by Theophilus Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:10 am

Well this should be good. Though if a lot of us watch, and pump the ratings up. His ego will go up well. I myself might only watch one episode. I don't know if could take much more than that.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Finally, my prayers have been answered!! Empty Re: Finally, my prayers have been answered!!

Post by luciano Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:16 am

This is gonna be great, this guy fascinates me, he is so full of himself it's downright hilarious. I cannot miss a T.O. press conference after a Cowboys game, its must see TV, this show will probably be the same Laughing
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:54 am

hehehe I'm gonna have to check this out.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Hope he still has the show, the Cowboys released him late last night
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:52 pm

luciano wrote:Hope he still has the show, the Cowboys released him late last night

I saw that. I also saw the Giants don't want anything to do with him.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:12 pm

Theophilus wrote:
luciano wrote:Hope he still has the show, the Cowboys released him late last night

There are probably only 2 or 3 teams in the league that would take him along with his baggage.

Look for him to suit up for the Raiders next year.
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:50 pm

par84forme wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

There are probably only 2 or 3 teams in the league that would take him along with his baggage.

Look for him to suit up for the Raiders next year.

I agree. If he goes to the Raiders, I would say 4 maybe 5 games before he has a complete meltdown.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:33 am

Yep Raiders, some other teams I think "may" do it:

Tennessee
Baltimore
Cleveland
St. Louis
Kansas City

He might be done, he is gonna have to take a paycut, he is 35 years old and been playing 13 years, gonna be tough for a team to throw a lot of cash at a guy like that especially since he basically instantly poisons every locker room he walks into.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:52 am

luciano wrote:Yep Raiders, some other teams I think "may" do it:

Tennessee
Baltimore
Cleveland
St. Louis
Kansas City

He might be done, he is gonna have to take a paycut, he is 35 years old and been playing 13 years, gonna be tough for a team to throw a lot of cash at a guy like that especially since he basically instantly poisons every locker room he walks into.

I only think Cleveland and Kanas City might be on the list you mentioned. If he does go to a team it will have to be at much less money than he would like. Why. One reason would be that no team would want to pay him more than their top receivers. That would make the point that your not number one here. Could his ego handle that? I don't think so. The truth is he has about two more productive years left for him in the NFL. He could be a team player(HA like that will ever happen) or he could just retire. No team I don't think will pay him the kind of money I am sure he is going to ask for. I've noticed that Pittsburgh has not put T.O. on the do not call list. What are hearing over there? Has Pittsburgh put him on that list, or do you think T.O. might be in Pittsburgh next year?

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:15 am

The Rooneys would never sign T.O.

Better chance of seeing Jesus Christ at Dunkin Donuts.

If you are poison, they dont care how good of a player they are, look at Plaxico Burress, we could of signed him, they let him go. Im hoping and praying they dont let go of Santonio Holmes when his contract runs out because of the troubles he has had(domestic abuse in 2006 right after we drafted him, and marijuana charges last year).

I dont think they would bring him(T.O.) in for the league mininum and if he offered to give it all to charity.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:20 pm

luciano wrote:The Rooneys would never sign T.O.

Better chance of seeing Jesus Christ at Dunkin Donuts.

If you are poison, they dont care how good of a player they are, look at Plaxico Burress, we could of signed him, they let him go. Im hoping and praying they dont let go of Santonio Holmes when his contract runs out because of the troubles he has had(domestic abuse in 2006 right after we drafted him, and marijuana charges last year).

I dont think they would bring him(T.O.) in for the league mininum and if he offered to give it all to charity.

Sometimes it is a good fit for a renegade to sign with a team that instills discipline.
Look at Moss at New England.

I don't think T.O. will sign with Pitt but it may not be as crazy as it sounds. I could see some kind of zero tolerance
contract that had a low guarantee with alot of incentive clauses with Pittsburg.

Again, won't happen but can you imagine how good pitt could be with a big time receiver added to that offense?
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:25 pm

Oh wow, the Buffalo Bills have signed Terrell Owens.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11471029

1-year deal. 6.5 million smackers, he took a pay cut. His contract he just got released from was 4 year/35 million I believe. He only played 1 year of that deal and Dallas cut him.

Last edited by luciano on Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Thinking about this, if(really big if) T.O. can somehow just play and keep his mouth shut, they will be a good team if they stay healthy.

Marshawn Lynch, Terrell Owens, Lee Evans.

Evans is double-teamed on almost every play and now that basically cant happen. Remember the Bills were 5-0 to start the season this year. Look out Pats..........here come the Bills
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:26 am

Yea that's if Edwards can get him the ball. I haven't seen the bills play that much but what I have seen, Edwards aint that great. Of course that could be because they were blanketing Evans and he didn't have anywhere else to go. I guess we'll see.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:24 pm

I dont know he did well at the beginning of the year, he showed he can throw the deep ball, not sure what happened after that, they just fell apart.

J.P. Losman on the other hand, is terrible.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:43 am

I think that is one of the most overused terms in football. I don't really think it tells anything about the QB. Of course he can throw the deep ball. You can say that about just about every QB in the NFL. I don't think it's really that hard to chunk a ball as far downfield as you can and let the receiver run under it. You don't have to be accurate at all, the receiver will adjust.

It is more telling to see how well they throw the 10yd out and the 10-15 yard slant. These passes have to be on the money at just the right time or they get picked or even worse you get your receiver killed by a safety.

That's where QBs make their money, because these are the passes that are thrown at crunch time, 2-minute drill, and when they need a 1st down. These are the true money passes, imo.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Oh I definitely agree with all that, he really did show he was a decent QB last year until he took the concussion, then J.P Losman came in for a couple games, and then he came back and by then they were just about out of it.

There are QB's who cant throw it down field, Chad Pennington for 1 but thats because of an injury.

If(again another big IF) TO could handle it, I think Lee Evans could have a HUGE year, but if he is gonna be retarded and cry he doesnt get the ball, it probably wont work. Only getting a 1-year deal the smart guy would keep his trap shut and play, but TO has proven over and over again he isnt the smart guy...but I gotta think with Evans, Lynch, and TO. They are gonna pound it with Lynch then go up top on a playaction pass to one of those guys. The problem with TO is he could make Lynch, Edwards, and Evans all much better players just by lining up doing what he is supposed to do but he dont think that way.

I dont think the Bills are a Super Bowl Contender, but I think they could be a pain in the ass to the Pats and possibly make the playoffs, the Bills aint done anything in years. I like the gamble on T.O. for them. I dont think the Dolphins will be back and get ready for the Jets to fall off the face of the planet until Ryan gets finished building his team, if NY gives him time though they will be good. They could possibly get by on defense alone, but no Favre, no Coles, I think next year is a down year for them.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:37 am

Slow down there on the Bills being a contender for the Super Bowl. I don't think there is anyway they get past the Pats in that division. Don't forget that the Pats signed Shawn Springs, who has been a TO killer. Springs shut down TO everytime they played against each other in Dallas and Washington.

You're right about TO opening things up for Lynch and Lee and I could see them getting into the playoffs on a wildcard but I see them one and done in the playoffs. TO will help but he won't do much, imo.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Never said they were a SB contender.............said the opposite
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:51 am

luciano wrote:Never said they were a SB contender.............said the opposite

You're right, I re-read your post. My bad.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:43 am

Home:
Buccaneers, Colts, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Saints, Texans, TBD AFC North opponent(pretty sure this will be the Browns)
Away:
Dolphins, Falcons, Jaguars, Jets, Panthers, Patriots, Titans, TBD AFC West opponent(pretty sure this will be the Raiders or Chiefs, whoever finished last)

So Buffalo has a somewhat tough schedule if the current trends stay true, with AFC and NFC South being pretty tough divisions. Im not sure a Wild Card spot will be possible being in the AFC, they are gonna have to win the division.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down