Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama - The gay 'agenda'.

4 posters

Go down

Obama - The gay 'agenda'. Empty Obama - The gay 'agenda'.

Post by Cartoon Head Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:27 pm

Source: http://hottopics. gay.com/2009/ 01/obama- outlines- his-gay-agenda- on-whitehousegov .html

Obama Outlines His Gay Agenda On WhiteHouse.gov

Talk about efficiency. WhiteHouse.gov, the official site of the President, was updated to reflect the changeover from President George Bush to President Barack Obama within a few minutes of Obama's inauguration. Has anyone visited the site yet, and if so, have you seen The Agenda page? I have to say that I am impressed—it lays out Obama's civil rights agenda, which includes broad support for the LGBT community.

Among Obama's positions: He supports the Employment Non-Discrimination Act and believes anti-discrimination employment laws should be expanded to include sexual orientation and gender identity; and he supports full civil unions that give same-sex couples legal rights and privileges equal to those of married couples.

Additionally, Obama thinks we should repeal the Defense of Marriage Act, and he opposes a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.

He also wants to repeal the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy; ensure adoption rights for all couples and individuals regardless of their sexual orientation; and develop a comprehensive national AIDS/HIV strategy.

This is all in writing! On the President's Web site!

What do you think of it, and do you believe he will accomplish all of his LGBT rights goals within his first term?

Cartoon Head

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Obama - The gay 'agenda'. Empty Link?

Post by HotParadox Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:37 am

The url you provided is invalid because of the spaces contained within the url.

Here is your url, corrected:
http://hottopics.gay.com/2009/01/obama-outlines-his-gay-agenda-on-whitehousegov.html

and here is the link that takes you directly to The White House.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/civil_rights/
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Obama - The gay 'agenda'. Empty Re: Obama - The gay 'agenda'.

Post by Theophilus Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:51 am

The one thing wrong with gay people is.....

Now I will have someone tell me I am not wearing the correct shoes for the pants I wear.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Beware the gays.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:47 am

Can someone please explain to me why it is so important not to allow homosexuals the same rights that a married man and woman have? If they are happy and not harming anyone. They work, contribute to society, and are in every other way normal, other than both people in the couple have the same genitalia. Why does society fear them so much? It's not going to hurt anyone for them to have the same rights, they've earned them. I really don't understand the big deal. Is it that most in society fear the fact that homosexuals often have better, longer lasting relationships? confused confused

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:52 am

Forgive me. I just went against my own sig. I'm a hypocrite, but maybe admitting I have a problem will be the first step to recovery.Obama - The gay 'agenda'. Fart

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:03 am

CarolinaHound wrote:Can someone please explain to me why it is so important not to allow homosexuals the same rights that a married man and woman have? If they are happy and not harming anyone. They work, contribute to society, and are in every other way normal, other than both people in the couple have the same genitalia. Why does society fear them so much? It's not going to hurt anyone for them to have the same rights, they've earned them. I really don't understand the big deal. Is it that most in society fear the fact that homosexuals often have better, longer lasting relationships? confused confused
I think your last point is the last thing people fear, because they don't.

They should have the same civil rights as everyone else, and let's hope that more people will feel like you. I think it is getting better, but old habits die hard, unfortunately.

People fear a lot of things, but mostly what they cannot control.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:19 am

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:Can someone please explain to me why it is so important not to allow homosexuals the same rights that a married man and woman have? If they are happy and not harming anyone. They work, contribute to society, and are in every other way normal, other than both people in the couple have the same genitalia. Why does society fear them so much? It's not going to hurt anyone for them to have the same rights, they've earned them. I really don't understand the big deal. Is it that most in society fear the fact that homosexuals often have better, longer lasting relationships? confused confused
I think your last point is the last thing people fear, because they don't.

They should have the same civil rights as everyone else, and let's hope that more people will feel like you. I think it is getting better, but old habits die hard, unfortunately.

People fear a lot of things, but mostly what they cannot control.

Are you sure it aint the last point? What a Face Laughing

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:56 am

CarolinaHound wrote:Can someone please explain to me why it is so important not to allow homosexuals the same rights that a married man and woman have?

Simple. Bigots die hard. Not so long ago (in the US), a black person could not, I believe, enjoy many of the same things that a white person could, right? Same principle, people and their pathetic little bigoted hang up's.

Cartoon Head

Number of posts : 1661

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down