Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Credit Checks on Applications

5 posters

Go down

Credit Checks on Applications Empty Credit Checks on Applications

Post by Night-Reaper Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:35 pm

There are far too many companies out there that do credit checks on potential employees. The credit check that these companies do have not a damn thing to do with the postion being applied for. There are even companies out there that will take your credit check info and out-weigh it against someones background check. That's bull-shit. How is this practice even helping our ecomony? I beleive that there should there be legislation that prevents companies on doing credit checks when you apply for a job. What do you think?
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Credit Checks on Applications Empty Re: Credit Checks on Applications

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:37 pm

That is bs! Though I could understand it if I was applying for a job where I would be required to pay the companies bills and/or where I'd be authorized to sign/issue company checks.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:59 am

Let's see if I got this straight. Some poor schmuck has bad credit, he needs to find a better paying job and, let's see, he gets declined because he has bad credit??? Well if that don't beat all. Catch 22 much? Total BS.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:32 pm

HotParadox wrote:Let's see if I got this straight. Some poor schmuck has bad credit, he needs to find a better paying job and, let's see, he gets declined because he has bad credit??? Well if that don't beat all. Catch 22 much? Total BS.

Same thing with rying to get into a nice apartment today. No good credit, no place to live.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulip Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Not being hired for a job because you have bad credit sounds a bit nuts.
It also seems it should be private. Why do you have to tell an employer you would like to work for you owe bills. As long as you come to work and do a good job this should not matter. May be a good incentive to do a good job and work hard. You need money.

Guess people are having to explain away why they have bad credit. Do you have to show the person you would like to work for how you spend your money every week?

Very strange.

Makes no sense.
Tulip
Tulip

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulip Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Let's see if I got this straight. Some poor schmuck has bad credit, he needs to find a better paying job and, let's see, he gets declined because he has bad credit??? Well if that don't beat all. Catch 22 much? Total BS.

Same thing with rying to get into a nice apartment today. No good credit, no place to live.

I lived in Dallas Texas, oh my twenty something years ago. To get a nice apartment you filled out paper work that was a mile long. I cannot imagine what it is like their today. Or in other big cities. I am married now and we own our own home and it is paid for. Thank the Lord. But being single and living in apartments in big cities can be rough. Very tough.
Tulip
Tulip

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:32 pm

I've never rented apratments. I've rented a trailer and a small house. Signed a paper agreeing to pay for any damge caused, and that the landlord was responsable for general maintainance, etc.. and that was it. Of course the landlords always knew somebody that knew me, so there was a character reference. The biggest problem I had with credit was getting the power turned on.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:30 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I've never rented apratments. I've rented a trailer and a small house. Signed a paper agreeing to pay for any damge caused, and that the landlord was responsable for general maintainance, etc.. and that was it. Of course the landlords always knew somebody that knew me, so there was a character reference. The biggest problem I had with credit was getting the power turned on.

15 years ago we had to have a credit report done before we could even do any paper work, then came the refrences to be checked and if all was ok the deposit and move in. don't want to even think of it today.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:I've never rented apratments. I've rented a trailer and a small house. Signed a paper agreeing to pay for any damge caused, and that the landlord was responsable for general maintainance, etc.. and that was it. Of course the landlords always knew somebody that knew me, so there was a character reference. The biggest problem I had with credit was getting the power turned on.

15 years ago we had to have a credit report done before we could even do any paper work, then came the refrences to be checked and if all was ok the deposit and move in. don't want to even think of it today.

I wouldn't think you millionaires would have to worry about such mundain things. Suspect

lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:23 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

I wouldn't think you millionaires would have to worry about such mundain things. Suspect

lol!

I wish....................................

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down