Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Icee North Carolina

3 posters

Go down

Icee North Carolina Empty Icee North Carolina

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:02 am

A layer of ice, a thin layer of snow and ice, and it's sleeting right now.....

Icee North Carolina 027b

Icee North Carolina 023b

Hard to drive in this mess. Very Happy
Icee North Carolina 031b

Like I'm realy crazy enough to get out on the road...
Icee North Carolina 037

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Icee North Carolina Empty Re: Icee North Carolina

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:23 am

Got to be beer involved in this...

Icee North Carolina Mowing_snow

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:51 am

Well now you have a little bit of how it is around here. Add about 3 feet or more of snow and ice and you might get the idea. Just be careful buddy I love you

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Old Timer wrote:Well now you have a little bit of how it is around here. Add about 3 feet or more of snow and ice and you might get the idea. Just be careful buddy I love you

That aint snow where I'm at.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:59 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:Well now you have a little bit of how it is around here. Add about 3 feet or more of snow and ice and you might get the idea. Just be careful buddy I love you

Well just be carefull, If I have to sing at your funeral or wake it would raise the dead. lol!

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

Well just be carefull, If I have to sing at your funeral or wake it would raise the dead. lol!

hahaha... well that'd sort of defeat the purpose of the funeral wouldn't it? affraid Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:31 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

hahaha... well that'd sort of defeat the purpose of the funeral wouldn't it? affraid Very Happy

Yep, I hate funerals so much that I am not even goiong to go to my own.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:35 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

I'm going to mine, and I'm gonna get drunk as heck. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:11 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

I'm going to mine, and I'm gonna get drunk as heck. Very Happy

Sounds like a plan to me.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:17 pm

Icee North Carolina Snowskull

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:49 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:Icee North Carolina Snowskull

Alas poor Yorik, I knew him well.

our little town square this morning. And it has been snowing all day now.

Image hosted by servimg.com

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:43 am

CarolinaHound wrote:A layer of ice, a thin layer of snow and ice, and it's sleeting right now.....

Icee North Carolina 027b

Icee North Carolina 023b

Hard to drive in this mess. Very Happy
Icee North Carolina 031b

Like I'm realy crazy enough to get out on the road...
Icee North Carolina 037
lmao at your comments!!! Honestly, as much as i really dislike the cold, ice and snow, I sure am glad that I grew up in a place where learning to drive means you think nothing of 4-wheeling it in 4 feet! And if you don't have 4-wheel drive you learn, like I did, how to drive in it period. I mean, you gotta go to school and work every day-no excuses!Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:07 am

Icee North Carolina Wwland13
Our neighborhood...

Icee North Carolina Lg15
and our town highway.

And, honestly, this is no biggie snow storm...still,doesn't happen that often but when it does, you better know how to move in it!!!

I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:47 am

HotParadox wrote:Icee North Carolina Wwland13
Our neighborhood...

Icee North Carolina Lg15
and our town highway.

And, honestly, this is no biggie snow storm...still,doesn't happen that often but when it does, you better know how to move in it!!!

I love you

If that is all we got I would be happy. I just wish that I had kept some of the pictures that would show you what it is like here when they shut down the pass, the airport and all roads in and out of Jackson because of avalaches and heavy snow. Up here if you don't learn to drive in snow, you just don't drive

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:22 pm

ummm...ot...that's what I'M saying, lol! Up here if you don't learn to drive in snow, you cannot go to school or work. You MUST learn how to drive in it or you cannot function!!! We don't have it as bad as you, but when we get a good old fashioned Nor'easter...airports, roads, everything is shut down. Once, maybe 2X a year that happens, max

"Nor'easters
Nor'easters are among winter's most ferocious storms. These strong areas of low pressure often form either in the Gulf of Mexico or off the East Coast in the Atlantic Ocean. The low will then either move up the East Coast into New England and the Atlantic provinces of Canada or out to sea....."
http://www.weather.com/encyclopedia/winter/noreast.html
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:39 pm

HotParadox wrote:ummm...ot...that's what I'M saying, lol! Up here if you don't learn to drive in snow, you cannot go to school or work. You MUST learn how to drive in it or you cannot function!!! We don't have it as bad as you, but when we get a good old fashioned Nor'easter...airports, roads, everything is shut down. Once, maybe 2X a year that happens, max

"Nor'easters
Nor'easters are among winter's most ferocious storms. These strong areas of low pressure often form either in the Gulf of Mexico or off the East Coast in the Atlantic Ocean. The low will then either move up the East Coast into New England and the Atlantic provinces of Canada or out to sea....."

And I don't envy you one little bit. Being in a valley and surrounded by mountains is something else. We some times get caught in an upslpoe and it cn become stationary right over us and it becomes dump city. I fully comprehed what you can go through there. Andt hen there are times like this year that we will hardly get anything at all with warm temps.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:ummm...ot...that's what I'M saying, lol! Up here if you don't learn to drive in snow, you cannot go to school or work. You MUST learn how to drive in it or you cannot function!!! We don't have it as bad as you, but when we get a good old fashioned Nor'easter...airports, roads, everything is shut down. Once, maybe 2X a year that happens, max

"Nor'easters

And I don't envy you one little bit. Being in a valley and surrounded by mountains is something else. We some times get caught in an upslpoe and it cn become stationary right over us and it becomes dump city. I fully comprehed what you can go through there. Andt hen there are times like this year that we will hardly get anything at all with warm temps.
I live in the Merrimack Valley. When you read about storms in the Boston area, they don't usually give you the info on what's going on in the Valley. We get walloped good!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrimack_Valley
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

"Nor'easters

I live in the Merrimack Valley. When you read about storms in the Boston area, they don't usually give you the info on what's going on in the Valley. We get walloped good!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrimack_Valley

That is just like Jackson. they will tell you how cold it is in new youk at 15 degrees but not a word about this town being shut down andthe minus 24 degree weather here.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:05 pm

HotParadox wrote:
"Nor'easters

That's what dumped 2 feet of snow on us in 2000. Now I know it prolly aint much to you all, but when we get 2 ft. of snow we call it a blizzard. In fact that's what it is called down here, "the blizzard of 2000". A whole bunch of the rednecks down here thought they was gonna die buried in snow. This redneck had got mad and told his boss to go get screwed the week before and had picked up my check the day it started and bought 3 cases of beer and a carton of smokes with the full intention of spending a couple days all by my lonesome. Tickled me more than you'll ever know especially when that boss kept calling wanting me to "come in so we could talk things over". Nope won't gonna hapen since I'd already got a job making more that I was to start the next week. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:32 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
"Nor'easters

That's what dumped 2 feet of snow on us in 2000. Now I know it prolly aint much to you all, but when we get 2 ft. of snow we call it a blizzard. In fact that's what it is called down here, "the blizzard of 2000". A whole bunch of the rednecks down here thought they was gonna die buried in snow. This redneck had got mad and told his boss to go get screwed the week before and had picked up my check the day it started and bought 3 cases of beer and a carton of smokes with the full intention of spending a couple days all by my lonesome. Tickled me more than you'll ever know especially when that boss kept calling wanting me to "come in so we could talk things over". Nope won't gonna hapen since I'd already got a job making more that I was to start the next week. Very Happy
2 feet is a lot of snow; sure is. yup, and a Nor'easter is a blizzard-the worst kind of blizzard; so ya, you guys were hit hard.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:36 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
"Nor'easters

2 feet is a lot of snow; sure is. yup, and a Nor'easter is a blizzard-the worst kind of blizzard; so ya, you guys were hit hard.

I agree, 2 feet of snow isn't anything to laugh at.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:38 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
"Nor'easters

I was just looking at your new avatar HP and it seems that you just might hae to start shaving now. And maybe a haircut to. I love you

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:44 pm

lol!!!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female