Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama: Nobel Peace Prize

4 posters

Go down

Obama: Nobel Peace Prize Empty Obama: Nobel Peace Prize

Post by HotParadox Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:12 pm

I personally agree with this commentary from Ron Paul and still think we missed the boat when we ignored to make this guy our current president.

HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Obama: Nobel Peace Prize Empty Re: Obama: Nobel Peace Prize

Post by HotParadox Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:19 pm

And this, I think, is great coming from a young kid.
" Alex B." is one of my kids' best friends and really like a son to me.
I got this today from Alex:

Below is a letter I e-mailed to the Nobel Prize Committee this morning. Thought you would get a laugh out of it.

To Whom it May Concern;

I awoke this morning to find Barack Obama as the most recent recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize. I am also aware that in 2007, the Nobel Prize was awarded to Al Gore for his creation of a biased film which a British court identified as having at least 11 false claims (including claims of massive ecological disasters based on false facts). Though this movie was extremely biased and full of misinformation, it is, at very least, a project that Mr. Gore undoubtedly dedicated a lot of time and effort into with hopes of reducing pollution globally. This is in contrast to Barack Obama who has accomplished absolutely nothing!

Once informed about Barack Obama being awarded the prize, I started thinking. I remembered that in preschool, in 1988, I made friends with a schoolmate I hadn't originally liked and allowed him to play with my toys; In Elementary School, in or around 1994, I broke up a fight and fostered peace between the two individuals in conflict; On September 11th, 2001 I watched the horrors of the terrorist attacks on television and prayed that there would be peace for the United States; Throughout my entire life I have held the door for literally thousands of people who I didn't even know! Now I'm doing my best to stay humble here, but I think it is very apparent that my actions and achievements well exceed the Nobel Prize Committee's recent standards and required qualifications to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. That is why I, Alexander B*******, would like to nominate myself to be the 2010 recipient of the Nobel Prize in the Peace category.

Now I am not naive and am fully aware that winning this prize has a lot to do with who you know and what you can offer. I would like to inform you that I have a few friends in high places that would be more than happy to sweeten the deal. For example, I work at a pizza shop and at the end of each day we have leftover slices of pizza. If you meet me at the pizza shop about 15 minutes before close, I will happily give you those pizza slices...for free! This can, of course, be strictly our little secret.

I know that, with the direction of your choices for recipients of the Nobel Prize, people may not be very impressed by me winning it. Obviously the prize has been diluted to a somewhat comical political message rather than the great mark of achievement it once was. Still, I would be happy to receive the award as it would make a great conversation piece and might even impress some girls who don't keep up with current events.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to see you at the awards ceremony in Oslo, Norway in December 2010 for the acceptance of my prize.

Sincerely,

Alexander B*******
Future Nobel Prize Winner
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:49 pm

This is part of the problem with society today. Nobody pays for anything before they get it anymore. Everything is done on credit. Even the noobel prize can be won on credit, a promise of what he will do. And this is what our children are learning, if you want something don't worry about working for it. Just take it and you can earn it later. And if he doesn't? (which I seriously doubt he will) Will they take the prize back? Make him pay the money back? No

A fella tried to tell me he earned it by changing the pro-war persona that the US has around the world, thus creating peace. How? Our troops are still in Iraq, the so called torture camp is still in operation, We are still in Afganastan, and in my opinion will have no other choice but to be in Iran before long. Might aswell, we already have them surrounded and he shows little intrest in pulling our troops out. Nor any intrest in expeediating the solution by sending the troops requested by the general he himself sent to command and advise him. Seems to me he's as much a war monger as Bush was. His action clearly show he wants to prolong conflicts.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:25 am

You know, I think the things that they praised him for are worth praising. Obama's foreign policy is one of the few things that I like about him. But to give him the Nobel peace prize? After only 8 months or so in office? He hasn't accomplished a damn thing yet. I mean, even if they were absolutely certain they wanted to give it to him, why not wait 3 years until he's at least had a chance to do something? He's not going anywhere.

I think even Obama is well aware that he hasn't done anything to deserve this prize. It's probably going to hurt him more than help him.
Kazza
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Job/hobbies : Physicist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:53 am

It's certainly going to set the bar quite a bit higher for him Kazza. High expectations far too often lead to a big fall and a lot of dashed hopes.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:16 am

Kazza wrote:You know, I think the things that they praised him for are worth praising. Obama's foreign policy is one of the few things that I like about him. But to give him the Nobel peace prize? After only 8 months or so in office? He hasn't accomplished a damn thing yet. I mean, even if they were absolutely certain they wanted to give it to him, why not wait 3 years until he's at least had a chance to do something? He's not going anywhere.

I think even Obama is well aware that he hasn't done anything to deserve this prize. It's probably going to hurt him more than help him.
It's very curious to me that many young politically savvy kids think much like you. In fact, even Obama had this to say:
"To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who've been honored by this prize -- men and women who've inspired me and inspired the entire world through their courageous pursuit of peace."
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:28 am

CarolinaHound wrote:This is part of the problem with society today. Nobody pays for anything before they get it anymore. Everything is done on credit. Even the noobel prize can be won on credit, a promise of what he will do. And this is what our children are learning, if you want something don't worry about working for it. Just take it and you can earn it later. And if he doesn't? (which I seriously doubt he will) Will they take the prize back? Make him pay the money back? No

A fella tried to tell me he earned it by changing the pro-war persona that the US has around the world, thus creating peace. How? Our troops are still in Iraq, the so called torture camp is still in operation, We are still in Afganastan, and in my opinion will have no other choice but to be in Iran before long. Might aswell, we already have them surrounded and he shows little intrest in pulling our troops out. Nor any intrest in expeediating the solution by sending the troops requested by the general he himself sent to command and advise him. Seems to me he's as much a war monger as Bush was. His action clearly show he wants to prolong conflicts.
You're exactly right. He won it on credit. I like how you made that comparison.
But, I see young Americans disgusted by debt, from impossible college loans to the vultures who hang out at high school and college campuses trying to lure kids into debt which may paralyze them for years.
And I see kids who, although they understand that the NPP committee is a private group who can give their prize to Castro if they feel like it, are not down with giving away freebies, especially kids who have to work so hard at college and jobs in order to succeed. And these kids are now laughing at the NPP and to which it has been reduced.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:34 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:This is part of the problem with society today. Nobody pays for anything before they get it anymore. Everything is done on credit. Even the noobel prize can be won on credit, a promise of what he will do. And this is what our children are learning, if you want something don't worry about working for it. Just take it and you can earn it later. And if he doesn't? (which I seriously doubt he will) Will they take the prize back? Make him pay the money back? No

You're exactly right. He won it on credit. I like how you made that comparison.
But, I see young Americans disgusted by debt, from impossible college loans to the vultures who hang out at high school and college campuses trying to lure kids into debt which may paralyze them for years.
And I see kids who, although they understand that the NPP committee is a private group who can give their prize to Castro if they feel like it, are not down with giving away freebies, especially kids who have to work so hard at college and jobs in order to succeed. And these kids are now laughing at the NPP and to which it has been reduced.

That's why I should be prez. My credit is shot to hell all the way around so I'd have to actually work before I get anything! hehehehe... Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:11 pm

well, that's how it used to be back in the day and our parents did ok.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:32 pm

HotParadox wrote:I personally agree with this commentary from Ron Paul and still think we missed the boat when we ignored to make this guy our current president.

I agree with you HP and Ron Paul. Obama never deserved the Nobel Peace Prize. He didn't do anything to deserve it.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down