Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minn. court rules for Franken in Senate fight

3 posters

Go down

Minn. court rules for Franken in Senate fight Empty Minn. court rules for Franken in Senate fight

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Republican Norm Coleman concedes the election

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Republican Norm Coleman has conceded to Democrat Al Franken in Minnesota's contested Senate race, ending a nearly eight-month recount and court fight.

Coleman announced his decision at a news conference in St. Paul, hours after a unanimous Minnesota Supreme Court ruled that Franken, a former "Saturday Night Live" comedian and liberal commentator, should be certified the winner.

"The Supreme Court has made its decision and I will abide by the results," Coleman told reporters outside his St. Paul home.

Coleman, appearing relaxed and upbeat, said he had congratulated Franken, was at peace with the decision and had no regrets about the fight, which started almost immediately after the Nov. 4 election.

"Sure I wanted to win," said Coleman, who called the ruling a surprise. "I thought we had a better case. But the court has spoken."

He declined to talk about his future plans, brushing aside a question about whether he would run for governor in 2010.

Franken's presence in the Senate would give the Democrats control of 60 seats, enough to overcome any Republican filibuster if they stay united.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31667236/ns/politics-capitol_hill?GT1=43001

This country is really screwed when somebody like Franken is seated in the senate. Evil or Very Mad

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Minn. court rules for Franken in Senate fight Empty Re: Minn. court rules for Franken in Senate fight

Post by Old Timer Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:14 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Republican Norm Coleman concedes the election

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Republican Norm Coleman has conceded to Democrat Al Franken in Minnesota's contested Senate race, ending a nearly eight-month recount and court fight.

Coleman announced his decision at a news conference in St. Paul, hours after a unanimous Minnesota Supreme Court ruled that Franken, a former "Saturday Night Live" comedian and liberal commentator, should be certified the winner.

"The Supreme Court has made its decision and I will abide by the results," Coleman told reporters outside his St. Paul home.

Coleman, appearing relaxed and upbeat, said he had congratulated Franken, was at peace with the decision and had no regrets about the fight, which started almost immediately after the Nov. 4 election.

"Sure I wanted to win," said Coleman, who called the ruling a surprise. "I thought we had a better case. But the court has spoken."

He declined to talk about his future plans, brushing aside a question about whether he would run for governor in 2010.

Franken's presence in the Senate would give the Democrats control of 60 seats, enough to overcome any Republican filibuster if they stay united.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31667236/ns/politics-capitol_hill?GT1=43001

This country is really screwed when somebody like Franken is seated in the senate. Evil or Very Mad

Well it will never be lonely in the white house because they just keep sending in the clowns.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Minn. court rules for Franken in Senate fight Empty Re: Minn. court rules for Franken in Senate fight

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

You got that right.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:47 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:You got that right.

For over 200 years now this country has been the mainstay of freedom in the world. You would have thought that by now we would have had better sense than to let our government get out of hand. It seems to be that this is now a dictatorship ruled by politicians only. And to think that we just keep on electing those idiots.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:15 pm

I can promise you one thing. I can't do anything about frankin, but next election time that rolls around, I'll be registered to vote if for nothing else, to help get rid of this batch of idiots and let some other idiots in. My 9 year old would do a better job then these clowns. Hell, clowns could do better.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:45 am

Why don't we wait until we see how he votes on some issues. He couldn't be any worse than old Norm. I didn't see what Bill'O had to say.

Did his head explode on national TV?

I have been to Minnesota a lot over the years. I would call the people more conservative, than liberal. Though they really did not like Norm very much at all.

Who knows he could very well become a good senator.

Only time will tell.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:16 am

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down