Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your transparent government at work

5 posters

Go down

Your transparent government at work Empty Your transparent government at work

Post by Old Timer Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:12 pm

And another step back to the dictator stage and another step backward for obama

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31373407/ns/politics-white_house/

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Your transparent government at work Empty Re: Your transparent government at work

Post by Old Timer Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:24 pm

This is to good to pass up.

Image hosted by servimg.com
So I said to him, Barack I know Abe Lincoln, and you aint him Very Happy

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.

You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

.....Abraham Lincoln

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Your transparent government at work Empty Re: Your transparent government at work

Post by Put It Out There Baby Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:20 pm

How are those auto bailouts working for everyone?
How about the TARP bailouts to the banks?

Has anyone you know been helped by any of this crap thus far?

Latest Bailouts
$646 billion of taxpayer money has been allocated or promised to 615 companies and 12 programs.

Jun 12, 2009 Berkshire Bancorp
Preferred Stock w/ Exercised Warrants $2.9 million
Jun 12, 2009 First Vernon Bancshares
Preferred Stock w/ Exercised Warrants $6 million
Jun 12, 2009 SouthFirst Bancshares
Preferred Stock w/ Exercised Warrants $2.8 million
Jun 12, 2009 Virginia Company Bank
Preferred Stock w/ Exercised Warrants $4.7 million
Jun 12, 2009 Enterprise Financial Services Group
Preferred Stock w/ Exercised Warrants $4 million
Jun 12, 2009 First Financial Bancshares
Subordinated Debentures w/ Exercised Warrants $3.8 million
Jun 12, 2009 River Valley Bancorporation
Subordinated Debentures w/ Exercised Warrants $15 million
Jun 12, 2009 Residential Credit Solutions
Incentive Payments for Home Loan Modification $19.4 million

The complete and sickening list here:

http://bailout.propublica.org/main/list/index

and here:

http://bailout.propublica.org/programs/index

And just for funsies, read the financial disclosures for Obama's "Dream Team":

http://www.propublica.org/special/the-obama-teams-disclosure-documents-407

Meanwhile, most states are facing the highest unemployment rates that they have seen in several decades. More businsses are failing and folding, bankruptcies and foreclosures are at an all time high. Taxes at the city, county, state and federal levels are rising. The middle class in this country has slowly eroded and dissolved away into the "working poor" now. Yeppers, the bailouts, the great economic stimulous and recovery plans are reallly working! My grandchildren's grandchildren are now in debt before they are even born! Oh happy day!!

Last edited by Put It Out There Baby on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Put It Out There Baby

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:42 pm

The current banking crisis has demonstrated to all of us just how fragile and susceptible to manipulation our current system is. President Obama has spent billions of dollars and untold hours trying to bail out our failing banks and financial institutions.

In 1979, 23 percent of the American workforce earned the inflation-adjusted equivalent of $20 an hour. This level of pay, about $41,000 per year, is generally considered the minimum necessary for a family of four to live something like a middle-class lifestyle. I wish I could say that progress marched on, that every year after 1979 the percentage of workers earning the minimum to support a middle-class family grew. In fact, the opposite happened — today only 18 percent of American workers earn enough to support a family of four.

What happened to the other end of the spectrum during that time? In 1978, American CEOs earned 35 times what the average worker earned.

Over the next 10 years, this ratio grew, so that in 1989 the average CEO was earning 71 times what the average worker was earning. By 2007, the ratio had grown to an unbelievable 275.

With all the effort we're putting in to a bailout of the banks, we need to be discussing a bailout of the middle class. With the current state of our economy, we need a middle-class bailout — and we need it soon. We have millions and millions for Gaza, Abortion and Terrorist Hosts, etc., but nothing for the middle class......NOTHING !!!

Put It Out There Baby

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:56 pm

We have the same problem right now with Obama, as we did with Bush.

That is a total lack of oversight.

The both of them has borrowed billion upon billions of dollars. When we as tax payers ask hey, what are you doing with our money. Congress says "I don't know"

We say well if you don't know than find out. Congress says well we have have to pass a special bill for that. We say that is our money you are spending, we want to know what in the hell is going on with our money.

Yet all they do is drag their feet.

So the truth is they do not represent us at all, the resent us.

We have bankruptcies happening at an accelerated pace, businesses are shutting down.

It is beyond disgusting what is going on.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:07 am

Old Timer wrote:This is to good to pass up.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.

You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

.....Abraham Lincoln

You can strengthen the weak by educating them. For it is knowledge that gives us strength, and those in power do everything they can to keep us undereducated. History proves this as dictators in power do everything to keep people from educating themselves.

Discouraging thrift. Well well. When you set up a system that encourages monopolies, and crushes free enterprise by having politicians removing the regulations that used to support the small businessman. I can see how this happened.

You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. This is an absolute a bullshit statement. The wage payer will pay as little as possible, and until the people stand up against getting ripped off this nonsense will continue. For example coal mine owners will discuss if it is cheaper to deal with law suits, if some die in a disaster. As opposed to complying with safety regulations. In other words is it cheaper to let someone die, or cheaper to let them live. Fucking disgusting.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. Oh really, again another bullshit statement. How about if the economy collapses. Oh there wont be hatred per say. Their will be the need for food and supplies. Unless you have an army protecting you the walls won't be high enough to protect you. You will either give up what you have or be killed. If you think your ammo, and guns can stand against hundreds of starving people with guns, knifes, and knowing if they don't get supplies they will die. You are a fool.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. Again another fucking goddamned bullshit statement.

How dare you have such a dim view on what the human race is capable of. You have a very, very dim view of what humans are capable of.

What are you worried someone is getting welfare. Well that wont matter once the economy collapses.

As for the last point Abraham Lincoln makes see above points.

Abraham Lincoln was only doing as the bankers of the time told him to do and say. When he finally stood against these scum-bags he was shot.

You support the the policies Lincoln was forced to support against his will. These people killed members of his family to prove their point.

Yet that was not enough to deter Lincoln from doing all he could, from doing the right thing. He was finally killed for doing the right thing.

I am really angry right now at your unbelievable non knowledge of history.

Last edited by Theophilus on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:33 am

Theophilus wrote:
Old Timer wrote:This is to good to pass up.

.....Abraham Lincoln

You can strengthen the weak by educating them. For it knowledge that gives us strength, and those in power do everything they can to keep us undereducated. History proves this as dictators in power do everything to keep people from educating themselves.

Discouraging thrift. Well well. When you set up a system that encourages monopolies, and crushes free enterprise by having politicians removing the regulations that used to support the small businessman. I can see how this happened.

You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. This is an absolute a bullshit statement. The wage payer will pay as little as possible, and until the people stand up against getting ripped off this nonsense will continue. For example coal mine owners will discuss if it is cheaper to deal with law suits, if some die in a disaster. As opposed to complying with safety regulations. In other words is it cheaper to let someone die, or cheaper to let them live. Fucking disgusting.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. Oh really, again another bullshit statement. How about if the economy collapses. Oh there wont be hatred per say. Their will be the need for food and supplies. Unless you have an army protecting you the walls won't be high enough to protect you. You will either give up what you have or be killed. If you think your ammo, and guns can stand against hundreds of starving people with guns, knifes, and knowing if they don't get supplies they will die. You are a fool.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. Again another fucking goddamned bullshit statement.

How dare you have such a dim view on what the human race is capable of. You have a very, very dim view of what humans are capable of.

What are you worried someone is getting welfare. Well that wont matter once the economy collapses.

As for the last point Abraham Lincoln makes see above points.

Abraham Lincoln was only doing as the bankers of the time told him to do and say. When he finally stood against these scum-bags he was shot.

You support the the policies Lincoln was forced to support against his will. These people killed members of his family to prove their point.

Yet that was not enough to deter Lincoln from doing all he could, from doing the right thing. He was finally killed for doing the right thing.

I am really angry right now at your unbelievable non knowledge of history.

Well it seems that someone has gotten out of bed on the wrong side today.

So let's get something straight. I merely posted something written and spoken by Mr. Lincoln as is my right to do so here. If you have a problem with my posting or with me then plese take it up with the moderators.

At no point did I ever state that those were or were not my views or beliefs.
Just what gives you the right to decide what I do or do not believe. And if you are angry at my knowledge of history, whether it be good or bad that is really none of your concern. I was not pointing out anything pretaining to history or the knowledge of it.

So in other words, if you do not tell me what I need to do or don't need to do or know I will not be telling you where to go.

If you do not like what I post then please move on. If you want to continue to attack me for reasons unknown, go for it AND I WILL RESPOND IN KIND.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:14 pm

You used the quote of Lincoln in a way to support your beliefs. I felt the quotes do not apply to todays situation. America was a much different place back then. Heck we had slaves in those days, remember.

Though it was getting boring in here.

You are right as far as me being angry. I am angry.

I showed how the way you used the quote, and apply it to todays problems is wrong. As far as taking anything up with the moderators.

Why? I don't have a problem with the five or six people that post here.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Theophilus wrote:You used the quote of Lincoln in a way to support your beliefs. I felt the quotes do not apply to todays situation. America was a much different place back then. Heck we had slaves in those days, remember.

I showed how the way you used the quote, and apply it to todays problems is wrong. As far as taking anything up with the moderators.

For your infomation, I did not use that quote in any way at all. I just simply posted it. Please do not attempt to tell me what I did or how I did it. I gave no explanation or made any attempt to say how it was then or today. Mayhaps you are reading more into what is there than what is really there. I understand the fact that you say that you are angry, OK. But please do not direct your anger towards me without just cause. And please do not attempt to say what I meant because you have no idea.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Old Timer wrote:
Theophilus wrote:You used the quote of Lincoln in a way to support your beliefs. I felt the quotes do not apply to todays situation. America was a much different place back then. Heck we had slaves in those days, remember.

For your infomation, I did not use that quote in any way at all. I just simply posted it. Please do not attempt to tell me what I did or how I did it. I gave no explanation or made any attempt to say how it was then or today. Mayhaps you are reading more into what is there than what is really there. I understand the fact that you say that you are angry, OK. But please do not direct your anger towards me without just cause. And please do not attempt to say what I meant because you have no idea.

OT, Would you say you agree or disagree with Abe's quotes?
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:11 pm

Big Slick wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

OT, Would you say you agree or disagree with Abe's quotes?

For the record, I personally, would have to agree with the quotes. And also for the record I also have never said that anyone else should or should not agree. That is a decision that they must make for themselves. That is why I do not post my personal feelings and opinions along with that type of quote.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:31 pm

OT. I can say I was out of line, with my reply. I probably could have worded that better. I saw those quotes by Lincoln, and they just made me angry. I was really in a terrible mood anyway, though I should not have been so rude, and condescending. Though one thing you can say, it sure wasn't boring. Anyway like I said when I saw those Lincoln quotes, I kinda lost it there.

Sort of like Flippy here..................

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Theophilus wrote:OT. I can say I was out of line, with my reply. I probably could have worded that better. I saw those quotes by Lincoln, and they just made me angry. I was really in a terrible mood anyway, though I should not have been so rude, and condescending. Though one thing you can say, it sure wasn't boring. Anyway like I said when I saw those Lincoln quotes, I kinda lost it there.

Sort of like Flippy here..................

We all have our breaking points and bad times. Personally mine comes at 10---2--- and 4 each day like clockwork. What makes your blood boil may just sooth some one else and just the opposite can also be true.

The water under the bridge has alredy flowed out to sea and new and more clearer water is coming. Let us forget the stagnant water flowing out to sea and look forward to the clear and good water headed our way.

Drive safely my friend. the lives you save could be ours. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:25 pm

These quotes are true, even today. Like it or not, they are eternal truths.

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich."

Without the rich there is no one to give jobs to the poor.

"You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong."

Without the strong there is no support for those that are weak at the moment.

"You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift."

Without thrift, there is no reason for prosperity and thus prosperity does not exist.

"You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down."

Drag the wage payer down and he can not afford to pay the wage earner. Without the wage earner to produce, the product does not exist, so both wither into poverty. It's a perisitic way of life, but the only way to ensure both survive.

"You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred."

Without all classes providing what is needed by the other classes, everything breaks down and no one survives. Remember, "the toes you step on today may belong to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow."

"You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence."

If this one needs explaining I feel sorry for you.

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."

If you do for people when they are able to do it for themselves, they will grow accustomed to it and assume it will always be done for them. Then their drive to have a better life deminishes. ie.. "I have what I need, why do more." Why seek progress when you have everything and possibly more than you need? Why work to feed myself when someone else will feed me? Why work to feed my children when someone else will feed them? And where will the government get the money to do for these people when these people become everybody?

What a Face

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:07 pm

CarolinaHound wrote: "You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence."

Well no I don't need explaining on this. Here is how I feel. Within each of us lives independence. No matter where you live.
It is hard wired into our DNA as far as I am concerned. The thing is as part of being human. Independence is the normal frame of mind for most humans. No matter if you are rich or poor.

Though I know where you are coming from on this. You have seen this as well as I have. The people who are to lazy to do anything with their lives. The people who expect the rest of us to give them a life, when they they really don't have a life. They expect us to pay for their non-initiative sedentary way of life.

I know years back when I was starving half to death. I was trying my best working as hard as I could. I knew some people that were telling me they had become an expert at getting government benefits.

They said look at us we have everything we need, everything is paid for by the government.

I said I would rather die starving than take money from the people who work hard for their money. I said I don't understand how you can live with yourselves knowing you are ripping off hard working Americans. I said you can work. Why do you have pride in the fact that you figured out a way to rip us off.

I walked out of that house never to return.

So what I am saying is people like this are in the minority. Even when people like this get money from the government (us). They are doomed. They are doomed to a life of non-action and laziness.

I feel the majority of us have the independence and the initiative to make a better life for ourselves.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Theophilus wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote: "You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence."

Well no I don't need explaining on this. Here is how I feel. Within each of us lives independence. No matter where you live.
It is hard wired into our DNA as far as I am concerned. The thing is as part of being human. Independence is the normal frame of mind for most humans. No matter if you are rich or poor.

Though I know where you are coming from on this. You have seen this as well as I have. The people who are to lazy to do anything with their lives. The people who expect the rest of us to give them a life, when they they really don't have a life. They expect us to pay for their non-initiative sedentary way of life.

I know years back when I was starving half to death. I was trying my best working as hard as I could. I knew some people that were telling me they had become an expert at getting government benefits.

They said look at us we have everything we need, everything is paid for by the government.

I said I would rather die starving than take money from the people who work hard for their money. I said I don't understand how you can live with yourselves knowing you are ripping off hard working Americans. I said you can work. Why do you have pride in the fact that you figured out a way to rip us off.

So what I am saying is people like this are in the minority. Even when people like this get money from the government (us). They are doomed. They are doomed to a life of non-action and laziness.

I feel the majority of us have the independence and the initiative to make a better life for ourselves.

Not minority by much my friend, and it's increasing every minute. They should be made to work for what they get.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:36 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Not minority by much my friend, and it's increasing every minute. They should be made to work for what they get.

I think we all know I lean to the left. Though I cannot support people who abuse the system. Let me tell you during this difficult time in my life and with much shame. I applied for food stamps. I was starving. I really needed food. I was 110 pounds at the time and was starving. I could not find work at the time. I would go to the forest and and get berries. I lived hand to mouth and didn't have a place to stay most days. When I got denied for food stamps, and at the same time saw the same people bending over back words for people who were not even citizens of this country, and could not speak the language of our great country. I was really upset by that. I mean they had people there in that office who spoke spanish, and did everything to help these non-citizens, who could not speak our language.

Though here I was. A person who had served in the military. A person who had worked jobs. A person who was just going through a bit of a tough time. I needed a little help to get me through the tough time I was going through. I don't think I was asking for much. I was asking to get some food. That was all. Though denied.

I did make it through this tough time in my life, and moved on. Though for years I detested the left. I mean I had real hatred towards them.

So for many years I was a registered republican. I still vote republican from time to time, as I don't just vote blindly.

Now I saw a video of Barbara Boxer (California senator) as I am sure you know. Talking to a military man. The person from the military says "ma'am". Barbara says sir I have worked too hard for my tittle, call me senator.

I say what are you kidding me. What have you done for the state of California ma'am? Oh I mean senator. It is very possible I will be voting against her, after a statement like that to our military. I look at job performance and I would have to say so far, not very happy with Boxer.

I do lean left when it comes to labour issues. I believe supporting workers, and workers rights is important. That does not mean I am a "commie". It just means I think we need to do what we can to create and support jobs that pay good wages.

The Nafta bill signed by Clinton, and supported by bush was not good for the America people as far as I am concerned.

We need to find a way to bring manufacturing back to this country. Once that is done, we need tariffs to protect American wages. Those who compete with us should bring it to our level. As opposed to what we do now, which is us bringing it down to their level to compete.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Theophilus wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

I think we all know I lean to the left. Though I cannot support people who abuse the system. Let me tell you during this difficult time in my life and with much shame. I applied for food stamps. I was starving. I really needed food. I was 110 pounds at the time and was starving. I could not find work at the time. I would go to the forest and and get berries. I lived hand to mouth and didn't have a place to stay most days. When I got denied for food stamps, and at the same time saw the same people bending over back words for people who were not even citizens of this country, and could not speak the language of our great country. I was really upset by that. I mean they had people there in that office who spoke spanish, and did everything to help these non-citizens, who could not speak our language.

Though here I was. A person who had served in the military. A person who had worked jobs. A person who was just going through a bit of a tough time. I needed a little help to get me through the tough time I was going through. I don't think I was asking for much. I was asking to get some food. That was all. Though denied.

I did make it through this tough time in my life, and moved on. Though for years I detested the left. I mean I had real hatred towards them.

So for many years I was a registered republican. I still vote republican from time to time, as I don't just vote blindly.

Now I saw a video of Barbara Boxer (California senator) as I am sure you know. Talking to a military man. The person from the military says "ma'am". Barbara says sir I have worked too hard for my tittle, call me senator.

I say what are you kidding me. What have you done for the state of California ma'am? Oh I mean senator. It is very possible I will be voting against her, after a statement like that to our military. I look at job performance and I would have to say so far, not very happy with Boxer.

I do lean left when it comes to labour issues. I believe supporting workers, and workers rights is important. That does not mean I am a "commie". It just means I think we need to do what we can to create and support jobs that pay good wages.

The Nafta bill signed by Clinton, and supported by bush was not good for the America people as far as I am concerned.

We need to find a way to bring manufacturing back to this country. Once that is done, we need tariffs to protect American wages. Those who compete with us should bring it to our level. As opposed to what we do now, which is us bringing it down to their level to compete.

I agree with you there. Went through the same thing with food stamps too. It's really a screwed up system.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down