Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Platform for President (ME)

+3
CarolinaHound
HotParadox
Old Timer
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Platform for President  (ME) Empty Platform for President (ME)

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:29 pm

This was done by none other that Mr. bill Cosby. One would think that he was a little upset with the way things are going. I am in total agreement with ech and every one of these itge3ms. I may just become a write in candiodate myself in 2012 and run on this platform along with similar items to be added in later on. I sure could not do any worse than the last couple of guys have done.

So what do you guys think. Will they put out a contract on me or what. Very Happy

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE. HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1) 'Press 1 for English' is immediately banned. English is the official language; speak it or wait at the border until you can.

(2) We will immediately go into a two year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports. We will use the 'Wal-Mart 's policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.'

(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.

(4) All retired military personnel will be required to man one of our many observation towers on the southern border (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.

(5) Social security will immediately return to its original state.. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't gettin nuttin out. The president nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a passing grade.

(7) Professional Athletes--Steroids. The FIRST time you check positive you're banned for life.

8 Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more life sentences. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim; gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9) One export will be allowed, Wheat. The world needs to eat. A bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(10) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.

(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress.

(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Platform for President  (ME) Empty Re: Platform for President (ME)

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:31 pm

I have to think on some of these, but i'm pretty sure i'm not liking #4:

(4) All retired military personnel will be required to man one of our many observation towers on the southern border (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.

Haven't our retired military already given enough of themselves to our country without being forced to do even more after retirement?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:07 pm

HotParadox wrote:I have to think on some of these, but i'm pretty sure i'm not liking #4:

Haven't our retired military already given enough of themselves to our country without being forced to do even more after retirement?

I doubt if to many would complain about it. And experienced with firearms would be a plus. In other words they would be helping to re take their own country and keep it free and legal, not alien and illegal.

Tough times will call for tough decisions and tough people who can get the job done, and who better than a U.S. Veteran to guard our borders.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:I have to think on some of these, but i'm pretty sure i'm not liking #4:

I doubt if to many would complain about it. And experienced with firearms would be a plus. In other words they would be helping to re take their own country and keep it free and legal, not alien and illegal.

Tough times will call for tough decisions and tough people who can get the job done, and who better than a U.S. Veteran to guard our borders.
why should they be forced to do it, though? they have served their country and to be required to serve more after retirement is above and beyond the call of duty. if, as you say, not too many would complain about it, then those could volunteer to do do the job. forcing them, or anyone else for that matter, however, just doesn't cut it with me. jmho.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:01 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

why should they be forced to do it, though? they have served their country and to be required to serve more after retirement is above and beyond the call of duty. if, as you say, not too many would complain about it, then those could volunteer to do do the job. forcing them, or anyone else for that matter, however, just doesn't cut it with me. jmho.

I do believe that you are right. I do think that there would be enough volunteers to get the job done. And what position in my cabinet can I offer you my dear.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:03 pm

I'm with HP on 4. Once they've served our country, especially those that have been in combat, they shouldn't be required to do anything. However I bet you wouldn't have a hard time finding volunteers from those guys. How about every high school drop out and high school grad that squeaked by with a low GPA be required to serve a tour of duty on the border? At the end of which if they wake up and see life isn't a breeze and want to finish school, maybe go to collage, their time on the border will earn them the tuition for their education. That's coming from a high school drop out, wish they would of done that with me.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Old Timer wrote:This was done by none other that Mr. bill Cosby. One would think that he was a little upset with the way things are going. I am in total agreement with ech and every one of these itge3ms. I may just become a write in candiodate myself in 2012 and run on this platform along with similar items to be added in later on. I sure could not do any worse than the last couple of guys have done.

So what do you guys think. Will they put out a contract on me or what. Very Happy

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE. HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1) 'Press 1 for English' is immediately banned. English is the official language; speak it or wait at the border until you can.

(2) We will immediately go into a two year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports. We will use the 'Wal-Mart 's policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.'

(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.

(5) Social security will immediately return to its original state.. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't gettin nuttin out. The president nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a passing grade.

(7) Professional Athletes--Steroids. The FIRST time you check positive you're banned for life.

8 Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more life sentences. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim; gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9) One export will be allowed, Wheat. The world needs to eat. A bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(10) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.

(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress.

(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.
Hey OT, I'd vote for you if you ran for President and this was your platform.
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:22 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I'm with HP on 4. Once they've served our country, especially those that have been in combat, they shouldn't be required to do anything. However I bet you wouldn't have a hard time finding volunteers from those guys. How about every high school drop out and high school grad that squeaked by with a low GPA be required to serve a tour of duty on the border? At the end of which if they wake up and see life isn't a breeze and want to finish school, maybe go to collage, their time on the border will earn them the tuition for their education. That's coming from a high school drop out, wish they would of done that with me.

Now that is an excellent idea as well as a way for those on unemployment or welfare to make an honest dollar.

Keep the ideas coming as I will be writing them all down. I am gonna get an early start on my platform and I want it just right. What scares me though is that I just might get some votes.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:I'm with HP on 4. Once they've served our country, especially those that have been in combat, they shouldn't be required to do anything. However I bet you wouldn't have a hard time finding volunteers from those guys. How about every high school drop out and high school grad that squeaked by with a low GPA be required to serve a tour of duty on the border? At the end of which if they wake up and see life isn't a breeze and want to finish school, maybe go to collage, their time on the border will earn them the tuition for their education. That's coming from a high school drop out, wish they would of done that with me.

Now that is an excellent idea as well as a way for those on unemployment or welfare to make an honest dollar.

Keep the ideas coming as I will be writing them all down. I am gonna get an early start on my platform and I want it just right. What scares me though is that I just might get some votes.

You run and it'll be the first time I ever bother to vote. Be the first time there'd be some one worth voting for. Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:33 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

You run and it'll be the first time I ever bother to vote. Be the first time there'd be some one worth voting for. Wink

I do thank you my friend. If it is to be, I hope I could live up to your expatations. But you know most folks won't like me cause I won't tell them what they want to hear. I would tell it like it really is. Just the plain truth.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:41 pm

well, i'm voting for you ot with or without #4. and if dogieboy runs with you, which would rock, i'll be your campaign manager.cheers

and i think i don't like doggieboy's idea of forcing hs dropouts or, as i already said, forcing any law abiding citizen to do #4. you 2 boys are a couple of tools. pig 🐶
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:59 pm

HotParadox wrote:well, i'm voting for you ot with or without #4. and if dogieboy runs with you, which would rock, i'll be your campaign manager.cheers

and i think i don't like doggieboy's idea of forcing hs dropouts or, as i already said, forcing any law abiding citizen to do #4. you 2 boys are a couple of tools. pig 🐶

You aint gonna have to force a hs dropout to got shoot guns at people. tongue

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:02 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:well, i'm voting for you ot with or without #4. and if dogieboy runs with you, which would rock, i'll be your campaign manager.cheers

As I said, there would be enough on unemployment and welfare to handle the borders. Very Happy

You know, you two guys have to be as crazy as I am. But I do luv ya anyways. Very Happy I love you

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:22 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

As I said, there would be enough on unemployment and welfare to handle the borders. Very Happy

You know, you two guys have to be as crazy as I am. But I do luv ya anyways. Very Happy I love you

I aint crazy. I'm normal, it's everybody else that's nuts. Even my therapist is a pickle short of a picnic. scratch

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Any thoughts on establishing a three party system and how it could be done as well as how it would effect the country. Besides the elimination of an all powerful single party controlling the congress. Would this be one way to actually equalize the votes in congress and get an actual 2/3rds majority.

Val and Dawg how would you rewite # 4 to be equal for all.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:18 pm

first thing needed to be done is put a limit on how much a candidate can spend on getting elected. And private contributions to any candidate made illegal. That way they don't owe anybody going into office. Set a time period through out the campaign where each candidate gets to speak for 30 minutes and it will be broadcast nationally. This will happen once a week through out the campaign and each will debate after each speaks.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:32 pm

i like it. 🐶
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:38 pm

Old Timer wrote:Any thoughts on establishing a three party system and how it could be done as well as how it would effect the country. Besides the elimination of an all powerful single party controlling the congress. Would this be one way to actually equalize the votes in congress and get an actual 2/3rds majority.

i would have it be a voluntary operation, specifically open to people in the military and it would count as part of their time towards active duty. i believe that the military would be the best trained and most capable for executing this formidable feat. it is not a job for rookies, imho.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:02 am

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:Any thoughts on establishing a three party system and how it could be done as well as how it would effect the country. Besides the elimination of an all powerful single party controlling the congress. Would this be one way to actually equalize the votes in congress and get an actual 2/3rds majority.

i would have it be a voluntary operation, specifically open to people in the military and it would count as part of their time towards active duty. i believe that the military would be the best trained and most capable for executing this formidable feat. it is not a job for rookies, imho.

Should all branches be allowed to volunteer? Should a special force be created to secure our borders? What about the reserves and the national guard?

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:38 pm

I think it'd be best just to increase the number of border patrol agents from qualified applicants, such as vets. Maybe offer those jobs to those about to get out of the army. And adjust the laws so they don't have to worry about spending the rest of their life in prison for doing their job.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:42 pm

What if the last 6 months of everyones military service was required to be on the border. Dont have them sign up for 2 years then force them to do another 6 mnths. Have them serve a year and a half in active military elsewhere and everyone spends thier last 6 mnths on the border.

Sign up for 2 years, spend a year and a half somewhere else and 6 mnths on the border

sign up for 4 years, spend 3 and a half years somwhere then 6 mnths on the border.

Jax74

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Jax74 wrote:What if the last 6 months of everyones military service was required to be on the border. Dont have them sign up for 2 years then force them to do another 6 mnths. Have them serve a year and a half in active military elsewhere and everyone spends thier last 6 mnths on the border.

Sign up for 2 years, spend a year and a half somewhere else and 6 mnths on the border

sign up for 4 years, spend 3 and a half years somwhere then 6 mnths on the border.

Excellent idea

Now, what do we do about the illegal aliens that have kids born here. Many of them come here just for that purpose as they think that they will not be deported. Should they be allowed to stay or should we revoke the kids citizenship and deport all.

Also, do we start an entirely new party or do we align with a present party, and if it is to be a new party, what about a name for it. Starting a new party would enthrall a lot of work and legalities, especially for contributions.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:30 pm

Old Timer wrote:
Jax74 wrote:What if the last 6 months of everyones military service was required to be on the border. Dont have them sign up for 2 years then force them to do another 6 mnths. Have them serve a year and a half in active military elsewhere and everyone spends thier last 6 mnths on the border.

Excellent idea

Now, what do we do about the illegal aliens that have kids born here. Many of them come here just for that purpose as they think that they will not be deported. Should they be allowed to stay or should we revoke the kids citizenship and deport all.

Also, do we start an entirely new party or do we align with a present party, and if it is to be a new party, what about a name for it. Starting a new party would enthrall a lot of work and legalities, especially for contributions.

Securing the border is the first order of business which should be taken care of by having active military on the border.

As for those who are currently here illegaly but have "anchor babies". Give them a time frame to come forward, require them to learn to read, write and speak english within 1 year, complete any requirements for citzenship currently and require them to remain gainfully employed for 5 years.(meaning take no welfare during that time period) If they can accomplish this I feel they have proven thier worth and we can grant them citizenship. This would be a limted number of people as we now have the military preventing this from reoccurring in large numbers anyway.

If they can not fulfill the requirements? Deport them all as the baby being born here was technically the result of an illegal action.(Crossing the border illegaly). Anyone who does not come forward, deport them as you come upon them. an illegal gets pulled over in traffic? Highway patrol calls INS.

Jax74

Virgo Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:53 pm

I thought that the US didn't have any official language. If there are communities in the United States where spanish speaking people want to settle, and where they can get by quite fine without ever learning to speak English, then what's the problem with that? I thought the US was supposed to be the land of the free. Shouldn't people be free to speak whatever language they like?

Now, that said, I also think that if they do so they should bear the expense of not speaking the majority language. It shouldn't be at the taxpayers expense that everything is translated in to spanish. Although, once spanish becomes the language of the majority, perhaps the same could be said of english.
Kazza
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Job/hobbies : Physicist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Kazza wrote:I thought that the US didn't have any official language. If there are communities in the United States where spanish speaking people want to settle, and where they can get by quite fine without ever learning to speak English, then what's the problem with that? I thought the US was supposed to be the land of the free. Shouldn't people be free to speak whatever language they like?

Now, that said, I also think that if they do so they should bear the expense of not speaking the majority language. It shouldn't be at the taxpayers expense that everything is translated in to spanish. Although, once spanish becomes the language of the majority, perhaps the same could be said of english.

A lot of them will not even take the time to even try and learn our language. And English is the official language of our country. It is the illegal aliens that are causing those problems. If you don't have to deal with 13 to 14 million of them then you just don't understand and if you don't live with them seeing them take jobs that our citizens should have you don't understand. this is my country, I should not have to change or learn a different language to live here. They should.

If they don't like the way it is done here then they should go some place else. Mainly because there are a lot of us here that are getting really tired of it.

I mean no offense my friend, but if you don't live here and really see and understand what is happening here then maybe you should not say what is right or wrong about it.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:13 pm

i agree and that's pretty much what i said:
"i would have it be a voluntary operation, specifically open to people in the military and it would count as part of their time towards active duty. i believe that the military would be the best trained and most capable for executing this formidable feat. it is not a job for rookies, imho."
in other words, if you volunteer for the military, it's part of the deal. if you don't like that part of the deal, then don't volunteer to enlist in the military.
OT, to answer your question, all branches of the military would participate and they would receive the proper training for the border task.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Old Timer wrote:
Kazza wrote:I thought that the US didn't have any official language. If there are communities in the United States where spanish speaking people want to settle, and where they can get by quite fine without ever learning to speak English, then what's the problem with that? I thought the US was supposed to be the land of the free. Shouldn't people be free to speak whatever language they like?

A lot of them will not even take the time to even try and learn our language. And English is the official language of our country. It is the illegal aliens that are causing those problems. If you don't have to deal with 13 to 14 million of them then you just don't understand and if you don't live with them seeing them take jobs that our citizens should have you don't understand. this is my country, I should not have to change or learn a different language to live here. They should.

If they don't like the way it is done here then they should go some place else. Mainly because there are a lot of us here that are getting really tired of it.

I mean no offense my friend, but if you don't live here and really see and understand what is happening here then maybe you should not say what is right or wrong about it.

I'm not saying that you should allow illegal immigration to the country. Not at all. But why force legal immigrants to speak English?

What's wrong with having a town where everyone speaks French. As long as they pay their taxes, obey the laws, and take care of translations themselves, who cares what language they speak?

The US isn't the only country that's a melting pot. We have many suburbs here where few people speak english. It's not Hispanics with us, but Asians and Europeans. There are suburbs where you can't be understood in a shop unless you speak Vietnamese, and others where you need to speek Greek or Italian. But they have just as much right to live here and speak whatever language they want as I do.
Kazza
Kazza

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:25 am

This does happen, and actually causes us problems. Language is one thing that makes a country a country.

I really do not like the fact that some of these of people do not learn our language, and our ways. They set up little versions of Mexico and refuse to accept our ways. America speaks english, and we have our culture. One that is quickly fading away.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:50 pm

If I was moving to Mexico...the very first thing I would do is learn spanish. How could you even feel comfortable over a long period of time when you dont even know what the hell is being said around you?

And if they made thier own little community where they only spoke another language and were self sufficient that might be one thing but that is not what they are doing. They come here...dont bother to learn the language and then they try to get us to print govt materials in thier language and try to get us to teach thier kids in thier language. Even companies have to adapt to them at the companies expense. Ever have to dial 1 for english or 2 for spanish when calling your bank?

Jax74

Virgo Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:52 pm

Theophilus wrote:

This does happen, and actually causes us problems. Language is one thing that makes a country a country.

I really do not like the fact that some of these of people do not learn our language, and our ways. They set up little versions of Mexico and refuse to accept our ways. America speaks english, and we have our culture. One that is quickly fading away.

Yeah what was it, a year or year and a half ago? There was some community in so cal I believe, maybe it was Arizona, where the students took down the American Flag at a public school and then raised the Mexican flag above the US flag. What kind of crap is that?

Jax74

Virgo Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:28 pm

Theophilus wrote:

The majority of the world's countries speak more than language. India has 7 official languages. China has at least 7 families of languages, with a far greater number of dialects (but of course only 1 official one). Switzerland has 4 official languages. Canada has 2 official languages. Israel has 2 official languages, but most of the population speaks at least 3. The USA has 0 official languages.

Somwhere between half and two-thirds of the world's population is bilingual.
Kazza
Kazza

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:33 pm

Only 80% of Americans speak english as their mother tongue. America has no officially recognised language.

Just because the majority speak English, why should that mean that everyone has to? It's a free country, or at least it's supposed to be.

Forget about the illegal immigration issue. That's completely separate. The only reason people are pushing for everyone to speak English is because they want fewer Mexicans and they want the borders enforced (fair enough). I doubt anyone here would have a problem with someone who only speaks French, or only speaks Cantonese.
Kazza
Kazza

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Kazza wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

The majority of the world's countries speak more than language. India has 7 official languages. China has at least 7 families of languages, with a far greater number of dialects (but of course only 1 official one). Switzerland has 4 official languages. Canada has 2 official languages. Israel has 2 official languages, but most of the population speaks at least 3. The USA has 0 official languages.

Somwhere between half and two-thirds of the world's population is bilingual.

I'm multi-lingual. I speak English, southern, yankee, and I'm fluent in bs. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:49 pm

Kazza wrote:Only 80% of Americans speak english as their mother tongue. America has no officially recognised language.

Just because the majority speak English, why should that mean that everyone has to? It's a free country, or at least it's supposed to be.

Forget about the illegal immigration issue. That's completely separate. The only reason people are pushing for everyone to speak English is because they want fewer Mexicans and they want the borders enforced (fair enough). I doubt anyone here would have a problem with someone who only speaks French, or only speaks Cantonese.
you make valid points, k. however, we, or at least i, do take issue with anyone who demands we cater to their native tongue, i don't care what nationality they are; especially if it involves my money. for instance, hiring-at my expense-teachers and bilinguals to translate for them. i don't like that.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:16 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Kazza wrote:Only 80% of Americans speak english as their mother tongue. America has no officially recognised language.

you make valid points, k. however, we, or at least i, do take issue with anyone who demands we cater to their native tongue, i don't care what nationality they are; especially if it involves my money. for instance, hiring-at my expense-teachers and bilinguals to translate for them. i don't like that.

I agree with that. It's no fairer for them to demand you communicate in spanish than it is for you to demand they communicate in english.

But IMHO, the idea that only English speaking people are welcome in America flies in the face of the principals on which it was founded.
Kazza
Kazza

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:15 pm

Kazza wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

I agree with that. It's no fairer for them to demand you communicate in spanish than it is for you to demand they communicate in english.

But IMHO, the idea that only English speaking people are welcome in America flies in the face of the principals on which it was founded.
that is the epitome of arrogance. i'd be crushing grapes in italy today, if that mindset existed when my grandparents immigrated here.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:50 pm

I don't care what language they speak. If they don't want to learn English, fine. But don't expect me to lay out cash to try and understand them. No, the US doesn't legally have an official language. But everybody in the world knows most of us speak English. Just like I know the majority of people in Mexico speak Spanish. If for some reason I had to take up residence in Mexico, the first order of business would be to learn how to communicate. I doubt Mexico would be spending a fortune for translators just so my broke ass could understand how to get on their government cheese while I sit in their country illegally.

Unless, of course, I was wanted in the states for murdering a poor woman. Then they'd make me plenty comfortable until they were sure I wouldn't be put to death.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:35 am

I will say this to any and all, who ever and where ever you are. There is no disrespect either intended nor implied toward anyone or any country anywhere.

This is my country, English is the language our fore fathers wrote our Constitution and our Bill of Rights in. English is the language that I was taught while growing up and English is the language that was taught in schools throughout this great country of mine. I am an english speaking American. If you want to become a citizen of this country you must learn our language. It is the law. Whether or not you or anyone else says different, ENGLISH is the official language of this country and it's citizens.

Do not come to my country and tell me I have to change my ways and my language to please you. You can go to hell. I am sick and tired of someone telling me and my countrymen that we cannot do something that we have done for many years because it is not their way. You can go to hell. Do not come to my country and tell me that you will establish a city or community where only your language, ways and laws will be honored and used. You can go to hell. If you don't like what we do and what we stand for go someplace else, we don't care. You can go to hell for all I care because I am sick and tired of it and you and your complaining. If you don't like what we do and say then the next time you need help go some place else with your hand out and see what you get. If you can't obey our laws, get out. You had better believe me that there are a lot of us that are getting sick and tired of what is happening today. And if you are not a citizen of this great country then shut the hell up because you have absoultly nothing to say about anything we do here. The entire world has forgotten just what we have done to help them through out our history. We have fed you and put clothes on your backs and helped you to fight your wars. And for this we get nothing but ridicule. So I tell you this. As far as I am concerned, from now on charity begins at home. No more donations from me to anyone other than those in my country. You got a problem, you take care of it. Don't come to me.

If anyone don't like what I have written here to bad. I still maintain the freedom of speech and I will still maintain all of thoe other freedoms that are guaranteed to me by my country and it's constitution. So if you don't like it here, please leave as I see no anchors tied to your ass. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:43 am

Well said OT.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:17 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:Well said OT.

Ya know, being the hot headed fool I am , I would never get elected. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next