Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the lottery fixed?

+3
HotParadox
CarolinaHound
Theophilus
7 posters

Go down

Is the lottery fixed? Empty Is the lottery fixed?

Post by Theophilus Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:56 pm

Here is an interesting conspiracy theory.

I have zero proof to prove it. I don't really believe it. Though with such large sums of money involved, could it be true?

Would it not be tempting for evil people to do this? Is an evil curse put upon those who do some how win the lottery? For some weird reason a normal joe wins the lottery.

Their life goes to hell. They come out saying I wish I never won the lottery. Some people give all the money back. Why?

I guess because they know the money they won is cursed.

They must feel the evil upon them right away. Fear sets in. Those who are not evil at heart can never enjoy this money from the lottery for it is cursed.

Not saying anything against becoming rich in a business. Not saying anything against becoming rich in your own way that you earned.

Though I feel there is something evil about the lottery.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Is the lottery fixed? Empty Re: Is the lottery fixed?

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:43 am

A curse maybe. More like people are just not used to having that much money available to them at one time. They try to make life better for their extended family members, and of course they run through a chunk of it themselves. Everybody that finds out they have that kind of money come knocking with their hands out. Before long they have a lot of property, the money is almost gone, and they've forgotten something while buying all that stuff. They got to pay taxes on it. I think they have it in their head they've already paid the taxes when they won. No The tax man comes every year to take his piece of the action. If you by a million dollar piece of land, that's a big piece of money for taxes every year.

I think I'd decide who I wanted to give money to, and rather than writing them a check, I'd just put a million or two in a savings account and give them the money from the interest every year. What I kept for myself, I'd divide up and put into several accounts. I'd buy a nice big piece of land and put a normal size house on it. Have a bass pond put in and have plenty of woods around me for hunting. I'd figure out how much the taxes on it would be each year and set up an account with enough money so the interest would more than cover the taxes each year and some for up keep. I might invest some, I'm not certain of that though. One thing for certain, I wouldn't keep it all in place. That way if one bank goes under, I've still got the other accounts.

Yes, I've contemplated winning the lottery. Just a passing thought from time to time. hehehe What a Face

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:06 am

howdy wrote:Here is an interesting conspiracy theory.

I have zero proof to prove it. I don't really believe it. Though with such large sums of money involved, could it be true?

Would it not be tempting for evil people to do this? Is an evil curse put upon those who do some how win the lottery? For some weird reason a normal joe wins the lottery.

Their life goes to hell. They come out saying I wish I never won the lottery. Some people give all the money back. Why?

They must feel the evil upon them right away. Fear sets in. Those who are not evil at heart can never enjoy this money from the lottery for it is cursed.

Not saying anything against becoming rich in a business. Not saying anything against becoming rich in your own way that you earned.

Excellent topic H!
I was reading about this guy here in MA who won the lottery TWICE! The first time, he blew all his money, we're talking millions here, and was penniless to the point that he owed people money. Can you imagine?
Then, this is true, he wins it again, millions, and goes bust again!!! And, as if that's not bad and stupid enough, he commits suicide because he's up to his eyeballs in debt AGAIN! Seems he got into gambling and other stuff. I mean, tell me, if you're a multi-millionaire why are you gambling?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:47 pm

HotParadox wrote:

Excellent topic H!
I was reading about this guy here in MA who won the lottery TWICE! The first time, he blew all his money, we're talking millions here, and was penniless to the point that he owed people money. Can you imagine?
Then, this is true, he wins it again, millions, and goes bust again!!! And, as if that's not bad and stupid enough, he commits suicide because he's up to his eyeballs in debt AGAIN! Seems he got into gambling and other stuff. I mean, tell me, if you're a multi-millionaire why are you gambling?

I remember that. And then there's the guy that won it, (he was already well off), called the cops twice because somebody robbed him. Not sure what happened one of times he was robbed. But the other... still can't believe this... He was at the local bar bragging to the bartender, trying to get some attention from her about how he had $100,000 dollars in the cab of his truck. Sure enough her boyfriend busted in the window and took off with the cash.

Wasn't long after that he gave his drug addict grand-daughter a big chunk of money and she OD'ed. Sad what a lot of stupid and a lot of money can do for you.

I like your sig HP. hehehehe Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:46 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Excellent topic H!

I remember that. And then there's the guy that won it, (he was already well off), called the cops twice because somebody robbed him. Not sure what happened one of times he was robbed. But the other... still can't believe this... He was at the local bar bragging to the bartender, trying to get some attention from her about how he had $100,000 dollars in the cab of his truck. Sure enough her boyfriend busted in the window and took off with the cash.

Wasn't long after that he gave his drug addict grand-daughter a big chunk of money and she OD'ed. Sad what a lot of stupid and a lot of money can do for you.

I like your sig HP. hehehehe Wink
What an idiot.

And it's the same type of deal over and over again, with these losers turned winners turned losers again. And again, as in the story I told you about. Personally, I kinda like what you'd do with the money. Very Happy

True; how cool is my sig?! cheers
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Thank you. Now I've got the plan, I just need those stupid (insert several profane words here) balls to come up right and I got it licked! scratch

Yes, your sig is very cool. Very Happy hehehe

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by jigglepete Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:09 am

I once heard an interview, with a "normal" Joe type, who had just won, the first thing he gunna do wit the munys is, buy his wife a coat (made from some rare endangered animal that I cannot recall right now) And, he gunna keeps his job at the fillin' station...

That said, the one thing that I find most evil about the lottery (I play on occasion btw) is that it is a VOLUNTARY TAX...And that ain't right...

jigglepete

Male
Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Gardening/GARdening
Humor : Some think yes...

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:30 am

I would have absoultly nothing against winning the lottery. One of the first things Iwould do is set up a special fund for organizations like the Make a Wish Foundation and others that do things for kids.Put a chunk in the bank to be able to live comfortable for whatever time I have left and have a ball with the rest.. Here is a thought. I would give all of us here an all expense paid trip to Vegas for a little get together so we could all meet and have a ball. And just think HP, me and the dawg together in the same place at the same time, what a trip that would be.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:58 am

Old Timer wrote:I would have absoultly nothing against winning the lottery. One of the first things Iwould do is set up a special fund for organizations like the Make a Wish Foundation and others that do things for kids.Put a chunk in the bank to be able to live comfortable for whatever time I have left and have a ball with the rest.. Here is a thought. I would give all of us here an all expense paid trip to Vegas for a little get together so we could all meet and have a ball. And just think HP, me and the dawg together in the same place at the same time, what a trip that would be.

Now that'd be fun. Never been to vegas. You'll have to keep me away from the poker games. hehehe

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Old Timer wrote:I would have absoultly nothing against winning the lottery. One of the first things Iwould do is set up a special fund for organizations like the Make a Wish Foundation and others that do things for kids.Put a chunk in the bank to be able to live comfortable for whatever time I have left and have a ball with the rest.. Here is a thought. I would give all of us here an all expense paid trip to Vegas for a little get together so we could all meet and have a ball. And just think HP, me and the dawg together in the same place at the same time, what a trip that would be.
Bless your heart. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:18 am

CarolinaHound wrote:

Now that'd be fun. Never been to vegas. You'll have to keep me away from the poker games. hehehe

I have been to Vegas all the time.

What a town.

Though no poker for me. Not my game at all.

Does a full house beat a straight?

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry05_99 Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Im pretty sure mother goose beats old maid?

But on the topic, a friend of mine, her husband hit the lottery twice within a year. They are now broke and divorced. I don't think there is a curse, but its how they acted about it. They went out on a spending spree, new car and house and Iam sure wasted alot of money. Everyone was coming out of the wood work asking for money from them, she basically said she was not happy.

I think more and more people need to learn to be more content. If we really could define what that means, Im sure it is different for each person.

Terry05_99

Male
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 177
Job/hobbies : Harley Davidsons, flying, hunting
Humor : Thats not funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Harry Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:25 pm

You want to know why winning the lotter is a curse for most people. Since you are not taught how money works, and you didn't come up by your own bootstraps. When you win the lottery, the curse is you don't know how to manage it or what to do with it. You either become on of two people. You blow it all in a short period of time with no constraint and end up right back where you were, broke, waiting for the next annuity check to come in. Or you end up hording it like a miser afraid to spend any of it at all. either way you end up miserable. since you don't know how to make that money go out and produce little money babies, you are forever at the mercy of the fear of loosing it all.

Independent Harry

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:11 am

howdy wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

What a town.

Nope.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:46 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
howdy wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

What a town.

Nope.

So know you know why I don't play poker.

LOL

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:52 am

howdy wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
howdy wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

What a town.

Nope.

So know you know why I don't play poker.

LOL

I don't need to. lol well I break even usually so guess I aint doing to bad.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum