Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever heard of a truck push?

5 posters

Go down

Ever heard of a truck push? Empty Ever heard of a truck push?

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:11 pm

I've never driven anything bigger that a U-Haul, so maybe I'm wrong. But, even if he couldn't see the car, don't you think a truck driver would notice a bump and a heck of a drag on the truck?

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Ever heard of a truck push? Empty Re: Ever heard of a truck push?

Post by xshivx Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:11 am

I saw this the other day LOL i think it's well funny what an idiot lol xxxxxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:25 pm

xshivx wrote:I saw this the other day LOL i think it's well funny what an idiot lol xxxxxx

yea funny..lol Unless you're the one in the car. Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:32 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
xshivx wrote:I saw this the other day LOL i think it's well funny what an idiot lol xxxxxx

yea funny..lol Unless you're the one in the car. Wink

Well no1 was harmed so im sure the person in the car will be allright lol
i wudda loved being in the car wudda been like 'weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee free ride' lol xxxxxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:03 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I've never driven anything bigger that a U-Haul, so maybe I'm wrong. But, even if he couldn't see the car, don't you think a truck driver would notice a bump and a heck of a drag on the truck?

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

The driver of the truck must have tunnel-vision?
Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:34 am

Ok this makes me a little angry the way the media is portraying this. I am a truck driver myself and I want to comment on this.

First I noticed that the trucks brakes were on fire on the rear of trailer, meaning he had slammed them on as hard as he could. You can clearly see in one of shots as the truck goes by that his brakes are on. When you slam your brakes as hard as you can in a truck it will create so much heat you will lose your brakes. Too much heat will cause you to lose your brakes, thus the need for truck escape ramps you see as you drive down the freeway. Also you will notice the car for just getting hit by a semi is not that damaged considering it just got hit by a semi, I bring that up because I am going to tell you what really happened after watching this.

The driver of the car was most likely merging onto the highway, she was coming up to freeway speed. The driver of the truck I am pretty sure saw the car. She was probably at a point where she could speed ahead of the truck or slow down and let it go by. She may have assumed that the truck would move over. Of course she can't see that there are probably cars on the other side of truck. Running out of room she probably accelerated in front of the truck, and was now going faster than the truck.

Looking in the rear view mirror she saw the truck was very close, only due to her poor judgement. She panicked and hit the brakes. I know that for sure because I have people do it to me, lucky for me I have not hit anyone because of this. I always look for an out, and if it meant slamming my truck into a tree I would, though I have would up on the far side of the shoulder of the road because of things like this.

When she hit the brakes out of panic, she hit them so hard it caused her car to go sideways. The driver of the truck hit his brakes so hard he had a brake fire at the rear of the trailer.

The road appeared to be going down hill, so of course once the driver lost his brakes he was going to push the car a ways considering it is a truck
weighing 80,000 lbs. With no brakes BTW.

So the media tries to portray this as a crazy driver who didn't see her, just kept on driving. Nothing could be further from the truth. You can clearly see the brake fire, you can clearly see as the truck went by he had his brakes applied. This is simply a case of a truck being cut off and to top it off a four wheeler hitting the brakes after cutting off a truck.

She tries to portray the driver as not caring when he talked to her. That is not true either, he was probably in a state of shock. Also the driver of the car is going to try and make this look like she did nothing wrong, and portray the driver as an uncaring idiot. I am sure she is trying to set herself up to sue. Though after looking at this it is clear the truck driver was not at fault.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:31 pm

Theophilus wrote:Ok this makes me a little angry the way the media is portraying this. I am a truck driver myself and I want to comment on this.

First I noticed that the trucks brakes were on fire on the rear of trailer, meaning he had slammed them on as hard as he could. You can clearly see in one of shots as the truck goes by that his brakes are on. When you slam your brakes as hard as you can in a truck it will create so much heat you will lose your brakes. Too much heat will cause you to lose your brakes, thus the need for truck escape ramps you see as you drive down the freeway. Also you will notice the car for just getting hit by a semi is not that damaged considering it just got hit by a semi, I bring that up because I am going to tell you what really happened after watching this.

The driver of the car was most likely merging onto the highway, she was coming up to freeway speed. The driver of the truck I am pretty sure saw the car. She was probably at a point where she could speed ahead of the truck or slow down and let it go by. She may have assumed that the truck would move over. Of course she can't see that there are probably cars on the other side of truck. Running out of room she probably accelerated in front of the truck, and was now going faster than the truck.

You can definately see his brakes on fire. That was the jake break he hit wasn't it.

Looking in the rear view mirror she saw the truck was very close, only due to her poor judgement. She panicked and hit the brakes. I know that for sure because I have people do it to me, lucky for me I have not hit anyone because of this. I always look for an out, and if it meant slamming my truck into a tree I would, though I have would up on the far side of the shoulder of the road because of things like this.

When she hit the brakes out of panic, she hit them so hard it caused her car to go sideways. The driver of the truck hit his brakes so hard he had a brake fire at the rear of the trailer.

The road appeared to be going down hill, so of course once the driver lost his brakes he was going to push the car a ways considering it is a truck
weighing 80,000 lbs. With no brakes BTW.

So the media tries to portray this as a crazy driver who didn't see her, just kept on driving. Nothing could be further from the truth. You can clearly see the brake fire, you can clearly see as the truck went by he had his brakes applied. This is simply a case of a truck being cut off and to top it off a four wheeler hitting the brakes after cutting off a truck.

She tries to portray the driver as not caring when he talked to her. That is not true either, he was probably in a state of shock. Also the driver of the car is going to try and make this look like she did nothing wrong, and portray the driver as an uncaring idiot. I am sure she is trying to set herself up to sue. Though after looking at this it is clear the truck driver was not at fault.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:15 pm

I know nothing about trucks and very little about the mechanics of most things. So you're probably right theo as you're certainly more qualified than I. But looking at the video all the way through to the end, where you see the back of the truck, there's no evidence of those brakes being on fire. It looks to me as the truck is coming on near the begining that there is some headlights from another car, (which is where it shouldn't be) shining through the bottom of the truck. This clip shows more than any of the tv clips do, near the end you see the rear of the truck. No fire, no sparks, no smoke. Again I barely know how to handle a 5 speed stick much less know about trucks.

All that said, I feel the woman is mostly at fault because there is no way for her to end up in that position without having made the first stupid move or set of moves.

Important lesson my father told me when I was learning to drive. If you're going to dart out in front of somebody, especialy a truck 5 times the size of your car:
(a) don't
(b) if you decide to be an a-hole and do it anyway, make sure your car has the capability to "get it and go".
(c) since you're already being an a-hole, don't be a bigger a-hole and pull out infront of somebody and slow down or stop for any reason.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Doglol! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy lol! Dog

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down