Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

favre retires

+2
HotParadox
par84forme
6 posters

Go down

favre retires Empty favre retires

Post by par84forme Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:01 pm

I just heard that Brett Favre has retired from football and the Minnesota Vikings.

However, he will stay in the Twin Cities.

He and Adrian Peterson have purchased a bakery in the Twin Cities area.

Their specialty will be TURNOVERS……
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

favre retires Empty Re: favre retires

Post by HotParadox Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:07 pm

i wonder how long he retires this time???!!!!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:35 am

HotParadox wrote:i wonder how long he retires this time???!!!!

Proably depends on how much money he gets. If he was smart he would go into coaching.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Old Timer wrote:

Proably depends on how much money he gets. If he was smart he would go into coaching.

favre will do many things when he retires but coaching is not one of them
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:53 pm

I bet that he won't stay retired for long. He has too much love for the game.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulip Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:49 pm

I hope Brett stays retired.

This guy had a serious addiction to pain killers. He is older and the games I watched him play in this year had some times when he got hit over and over.

He needs to stay retired and live the rest of his days happy and most of all healthy.

Here's to Brett. Great quarterback.
Tulip
Tulip

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Tulip wrote:I hope Brett stays retired.

This guy had a serious addiction to pain killers. He is older and the games I watched him play in this year had some times when he got hit over and over.

He needs to stay retired and live the rest of his days happy and most of all healthy.

Who knows, maybe he just needed the money.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulip Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Old Timer wrote:
Tulip wrote:I hope Brett stays retired.

Who knows, maybe he just needed the money.

OT

Are you talking about why he keeps playing?

I would think he just loves the game.

But he is getting up there in age for playing pro football. Injuries come easier and are harder to heal. Also he does not need to be given any more medicine for pain. Those football injuries can cause you problems for a life time.

The money may have something to do with it. Who knows. That money would be nice.
Tulip
Tulip

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:25 pm

You have a good point. A lot of players like the pain and become addicted to it. But my guess is the money.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulip Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:29 pm

OT

Oh, ok I didn't understand.

Maybe. A lot of money.
Tulip
Tulip

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Tulip wrote:OT

Oh, ok I didn't understand.

Maybe. A lot of money.

A heck of a lot of money.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:44 pm

He's going for the record of most retired. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 am

CarolinaHound wrote:He's going for the record of most retired. Very Happy

Nevr thought about that one. Hope he makes it, but in one piece.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat May 01, 2010 12:16 am

Here we go again:

Favre throws new wrinkle into waiting game

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer 5 hours, 39 minutes ago

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP)—Brett Favre(notes) is still stinging from that painful loss to the New Orleans Saints in the NFC title game three months ago—so much so that it’s a factor in his decision to come back to the Vikings next season.

Favre issued a statement on his website Friday saying that his left ankle is still hurting and will require surgery if he wants to return for Minnesota. But he said the injury “is not debilitating” and he’s come through far worse in a 19-year career built on playing through pain.

“I don’t believe major surgery on the ankle would be required for me to return in 2010,” Favre wrote. “I’ve consulted with Dr. (James) Andrews on the phone, and a relatively minor procedure could be done to improve the dexterity of the ankle, and to relieve the pain. I’ve put up with pain worse than this in my career, and I didn’t want anyone to assume that the possibility of surgery was the sole factor that would determine whether I return or not.”

Currently holding all the NFL’s major career passing records, Favre will turn 41 in October. He has turned the waiting game into an art form late in his career, and it appears this summer will be no different.

The Vikings have made it clear they won’t pressure Favre into a decision on whether he will return for a 20th NFL season.

“The ankle pain is a factor, but one of many factors that I’ll need to consider in making my decision,” said Favre, who is believed to be at his home in Mississippi. “Other factors include the input of my family, and the wonderful experience that I had last year with the Vikings.”

Vikings coach Brad Childress said he was neither surprised nor concerned by the revelation that Favre needs another surgery. He reiterated that he would be fine with Favre missing the first two weeks of training camp like he did last year.

“We were aware of it and in fact spoke about it at the end of the season and it’s just a matter of whether he was going to or not going to address,” Childress said. “We all are familiar with his aversion to surgery. That’s no surprise. So it’s just something if you want to live with it and whether you want to live with it the whole lifetime or want to fix it now, fix it again later.”

Earlier in the day, Favre told ESPN in an e-mail that the ankle is still swollen and painful and that surgery was unavoidable if he wanted to keep playing.

“This decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and the entire Vikings staff,” Favre said in the e-mail posted on ESPN.com. “One year truly felt like 10—much like Green Bay for many years. That’s what I was missing in my heart I suppose, a sense of belonging.”

Favre then issued his statement, seeming to downplay the severity of his injury by saying he feels good enough to work on his property in Mississippi.

“Sure—certain exercises cause some ankle pain, but it’s nothing that I haven’t experienced (or played with) before,” he wrote. “In fact, many people don’t realize that I injured my ankle before the NFC Championship game. I’ve had surgery on this ankle twice before, and I’ve played with the pain before. The hits I took throughout the 2009 season, including the Saints game, just added to the ankle pain and likely caused some bone spurs.”

If this all sounds a little familiar, that’s because it’s the fourth installment of a drama miniseries that has run every summer since 2006.

His waffling ultimately led to an ugly parting with the Packers that got him traded from Green Bay to the New York Jets in 2008. After a so-so season in New York, he announced his retirement in early 2009 for the second time, then reconsidered and signed with the Vikings.

He enjoyed one of the best seasons of his storied career, throwing for 33 touchdowns and only seven interceptions and guiding the Vikings to a 12-4 record. Favre twice beat the Packers, who should give two-time division champion Minnesota stiff competition for the title next season whether he returns or not.

“Somebody tell Brett to have that surgery so I can make up for last year!!!” Packers linebacker Nick Barnett(notes) posted on Twitter.

Now Favre and the Vikings are back in the same place as last year.

The quandary then was whether he wanted to have surgery to repair a partially torn biceps tendon in his right shoulder. Andrews performed that surgery and Favre made it through the entire 2009 season without any problems with his arm or shoulder.

Favre is under contract for $13 million this season, but that’s only if he plays. Several signs point to the Vikings believing he will return, including not pursuing a trade for Donovan McNabb(notes) and declining to select a quarterback of the future in the draft.

“I still don’t know (what he’s going to do),” Childress insisted on Friday. “That’s my story and I’m sticking to it from way back when.”

AP Sports Writer Dave Campbell contributed to this report.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqVGobmAonn8DHFTa1W_uns5nYcB?slug=ap-vikings-favre
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum