Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EARTH LIKE PLANETS ??

4 posters

Go down

EARTH LIKE PLANETS ?? Empty EARTH LIKE PLANETS ??

Post by Old Timer Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:35 pm

DOESN'T IT SEEM LIKE THEY ARE TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING. HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY MAKE A STATEMENT LIKE THIS IF THEY HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF IT.

THIS COULD POSSIBLY GET INTERESTING FOLKS. WHAT DO YOU THINK.

http://news.discovery.com/space/extrasolar-planets-extraterrestrial-life-kepler.html?campaign=w01-101-ae-0002

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

EARTH LIKE PLANETS ?? Empty Re: EARTH LIKE PLANETS ??

Post by Theophilus Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:51 pm

I have thought for a while it is possible, and it would not really surprise me.

It would be much more difficult to believe in a universe so vast that we were the only planet with life.

Heck even in our own solar system there appears to be life. Mars for example. Mars does seem to have water there. So maybe some form of life, even with the very thin atmosphere.

When you look up at the sky, and in Wyoming you don't have to go far to get away from city lights. In places like Wyoming you can see the night sky in a way millions of people will never view it.

When you view the night sky in all its splendor it hard to believe we are the only planet with life.

I really would not doubt, though I can't prove it that the universe is teeming with life, and thousands upon thousands of earth like planets exist.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:28 am

I think it would be rather arrogant and stupid of us to think we are all there is. Even if you're a hardcore bible thumper, it would be hard to believe what's on this planet is it. I mean look at all the deversity of life on our planet alone. There's no way that there is no other life in a place as big as the universe is.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:45 am

CarolinaHound wrote:I think it would be rather arrogant and stupid of us to think we are all there is. Even if you're a hardcore bible thumper, it would be hard to believe what's on this planet is it. I mean look at all the deversity of life on our planet alone. There's no way that there is no other life in a place as big as the universe is.

Yep they find life on this planet where they think it should be impossible to exist, yet there it is.

Talk about bible thumping. Your close to my age. Do you remember the cartoons saying we were the only planet? That only life existed here.

The rocky and bullwinkle show. I don't know if I will find that episode, though here is one that is OK.