Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Old Timer a billionaire?

4 posters

Go down

Is Old Timer a billionaire? Empty Is Old Timer a billionaire?

Post by Theophilus Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:59 am

Hi everyone. Sorry I have not been around in a while. I have had a lot going on, and still do.

Well onto the topic.

I was in Sheridan, WY. a while back. I went to a bar, as the night went on they took all the glass ashtrays and replaced them with plastic. Also would not serve glass bottles of beer, only serve in plastic cups.

I said to the person sitting next to me, "Well I guess this place gets pretty rowdy"

He replied back, "The billionaires in Jackson kicked out all the millionaires, and they came here to Sheridan, and they are pissed."

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Is Old Timer a billionaire? Empty Re: Is Old Timer a billionaire?

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:25 am

lol... Hey OT! I need a loan! hahahaha.... Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:09 am

CarolinaHound wrote:lol... Hey OT! I need a loan! hahahaha.... Very Happy

Well now if I did that I would no longer be a billionaire and have to move to Sheridan, and Linda said that she would disown me if that happened.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:lol... Hey OT! I need a loan! hahahaha.... Very Happy

Well now if I did that I would no longer be a billionaire and have to move to Sheridan, and Linda said that she would disown me if that happened.

Sounds like a banker's excuse to me. Razz lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:39 am

Bankers,Millionaires and billionaires at one time were looked upon as respectable and honorable people. however, in recent times, it seems it is proving out as suspected all along; they're just 'high-fallooting' criminals. After all, for one person to amass and be worth all that money, there has to be something dishonest going on somewhere. I know it certainly doesn't require very high intelligence. Probably mostly a sharpened ability to scheme, connive and defraud.
Bernie Madoff was one of 'em that made it to around `165 billion before he got caught. Seems as though he probably wasn't paying off the right people. well, I heard he has gotten high respect from all the 'cons in the jail that he is in in South Carolina. seems to be proud of his reputation amongst some of the sorriest lot of humans in our society.
More is being revealed regarding the TARP money that was given to the banks and insurance companies to help them remain solvent.
AIG was one of the biggest. And along with throwing lavish parties at lavish resorts with many of their 'top echelon cronies' they forked over millions to Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch to help out 'the brothers' [Fraternity Key brothers that is, probably. Goldman Sachs was at the head of starting the economic domino fall. It is purported that that CEO's salary, annually is nearly four-million dollars and since 2006 his bonuses have amounted to nearly 35 million dollars.
Can anyone honestly and rationally explain to me how any one human being regardless of skills and intelligence can honestly and ethically demonstrate that they are anywhere near deserving to earn this much money. While, in the meantime a great deal of their income could clearly fund the employment of many other Americans that are ready and willing to work, but these bastards hold on to this money and refuse to conduct business which would offer employment opportunities to people?
Additionally, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch and others are now known to funding their lobbyist in Washington to the tune of millions of dollars to defeat government attempts to bring their abusive practices to a halt and achieve some measure of ethical behavior out of them.
None of this suprises me, because as I started off saying, they're all crooks anyhow.
Think they care about people being unemployed, losing homes through foreclosure, filing for bankruptcy and broken homes. Meanwhile, they live their lavish lifestyles in their luxurious mansions and on their yachts and Lear Jets and just have a, at the least, fuck you attitude toward the people of the nation, in general.
Other than that, probably billions are being funneled to the nation of Israel to support that nation that couldn't give a shit less about us... I mean, when one consider the ethnic origin of the names involved in most of the fraudulent and criminal activity of these big corporations, they are of that tribe of Israel...
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:19 am

coontie wrote:Bankers,Millionaires and billionaires at one time were looked upon as respectable and honorable people. however, in recent times, it seems it is proving out as suspected all along; they're just 'high-fallooting' criminals. After all, for one person to amass and be worth all that money, there has to be something dishonest going on somewhere. I know it certainly doesn't require very high intelligence. Probably mostly a sharpened ability to scheme, connive and defraud.
Bernie Madoff was one of 'em that made it to around `165 billion before he got caught. Seems as though he probably wasn't paying off the right people. well, I heard he has gotten high respect from all the 'cons in the jail that he is in in South Carolina. seems to be proud of his reputation amongst some of the sorriest lot of humans in our society.
More is being revealed regarding the TARP money that was given to the banks and insurance companies to help them remain solvent.
AIG was one of the biggest. And along with throwing lavish parties at lavish resorts with many of their 'top echelon cronies' they forked over millions to Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch to help out 'the brothers' [Fraternity Key brothers that is, probably. Goldman Sachs was at the head of starting the economic domino fall. It is purported that that CEO's salary, annually is nearly four-million dollars and since 2006 his bonuses have amounted to nearly 35 million dollars.
Can anyone honestly and rationally explain to me how any one human being regardless of skills and intelligence can honestly and ethically demonstrate that they are anywhere near deserving to earn this much money. While, in the meantime a great deal of their income could clearly fund the employment of many other Americans that are ready and willing to work, but these bastards hold on to this money and refuse to conduct business which would offer employment opportunities to people?
Additionally, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch and others are now known to funding their lobbyist in Washington to the tune of millions of dollars to defeat government attempts to bring their abusive practices to a halt and achieve some measure of ethical behavior out of them.
None of this suprises me, because as I started off saying, they're all crooks anyhow.
Think they care about people being unemployed, losing homes through foreclosure, filing for bankruptcy and broken homes. Meanwhile, they live their lavish lifestyles in their luxurious mansions and on their yachts and Lear Jets and just have a, at the least, fuck you attitude toward the people of the nation, in general.
Other than that, probably billions are being funneled to the nation of Israel to support that nation that couldn't give a shit less about us... I mean, when one consider the ethnic origin of the names involved in most of the fraudulent and criminal activity of these big corporations, they are of that tribe of Israel...

What a great post.

I want to say that I care not what wealth someone has. That is is if you earned it legally and ethically.

Though many of us can look in the mirror and say.....

I did my best today. I feel good about my effort. I had a good day.

Though a small group of people are not satisfied with that.

For some there is no amount of money, no amount of power that will satisfy their thirst.

It is this small group of people that cause war.

They make people believe war is for the better good. Well this is one of many ways they fool people.

I can remember when I went to school as a very young person. I was in the third grade. I went to the library and found this book with a picture of a soldier being shot to death with many helmets being hung on the weapons of dead soldiers.

That art work has haunted me.

I mean as a young kid seeing something this graphic. I understood at that point that war is not the answer, and should be the last resort, period.

I joined the military when I was 18.

I just had to know what is was like being a part of that.

Well let me tell you, it was intense. More so then I could of ever known.

Some would think it is about a rite of passage, a path to becoming an adult.

No it is not like that at all.

It is about following orders without question.

I cannot think of anything less adult then following without question.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:25 pm

Theophilus wrote:
coontie wrote:Bankers,Millionaires and billionaires at one time were looked upon as respectable and honorable people. however, in recent times, it seems it is proving out as suspected all along; they're just 'high-fallooting' criminals. After all, for one person to amass and be worth all that money, there has to be something dishonest going on somewhere. I know it certainly doesn't require very high intelligence. Probably mostly a sharpened ability to scheme, connive and defraud.

What a great post.

I want to say that I care not what wealth someone has. That is is if you earned it legally and ethically.

Though many of us can look in the mirror and say.....

I did my best today. I feel good about my effort. I had a good day.

Though a small group of people are not satisfied with that.

For some there is no amount of money, no amount of power that will satisfy their thirst.

It is this small group of people that cause war.

They make people believe war is for the better good. Well this is one of many ways they fool people.

I can remember when I went to school as a very young person. I was in the third grade. I went to the library and found this book with a picture of a soldier being shot to death with many helmets being hung on the weapons of dead soldiers.

That art work has haunted me.

I mean as a young kid seeing something this graphic. I understood at that point that war is not the answer, and should be the last resort, period.

I joined the military when I was 18.

I just had to know what is was like being a part of that.

Well let me tell you, it was intense. More so then I could of ever known.

Some would think it is about a rite of passage, a path to becoming an adult.

No it is not like that at all.

It is about following orders without question.

I cannot think of anything less adult then following without question.

Not only a great post but a great reply as well. It does speak for a lot of us. As in been there done that.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down